web analytics

How Do Our Readers Rate This Transfer Window?

Newcastle made just one move to close out the domestic transfer window. Unexpectedly it wasn’t a player leaving as we only added 19-year-old free agent Bradley Cross to the ranks.

As of now Rolando Aarons, Christian Atsu, Achraf Lazaar, and Henri Saivet are still Magpies unless they can reach agreements with Newcastle to terminate the final year of their contracts.

It looked almost certain that Aarons had found a new home with Huddersfield Town. The two clubs had been negotiating with Rolando even traveling to Huddersfield to seal a deal. However, it looks like the paperwork was not submitted in time and the move has collapsed.

Overall our transfer window has been very good with some excellent business as far as additions. However, the £100k/week in wages for the four players who won’t make Steve Bruce’s final squad has to somewhat detract from the positivity of this window.

As for our poll on what readers thought of the window, a resounding majority think this was a good one for Newcastle. We’ve had a net spend of £35m with Bruce unable to generate much through outgoings. But it looks like it’s going to be money well spent.

Was This A Good Summer Transfer Window For Newcastle?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

The additions of Premier League proven players has definitely contributed to the overwhelming happiness with this window. Bruce has convinced the hierarchy to make the right type of signings this summer.

The inability to offload players has resulted in us being short up front, at least until Dwight Gayle returns from his knee injury. However, overall this has been an excellent window for Newcastle.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:55 AM

19 Hours 3 minutes to KO.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:01 AM

A bit of trivia I learned tonight.

My mate and his missus were round at ours for an Indian, it was his birthday last week.

He was drinking Bellhaven 80 Shillings beer.

The shillings is how they used to tax a keg of beer in Scotland, the higher the shillings the stronger the beer, 80 shillings according to the bottle was 3.9 %.

Useless info I know but i found it interesting.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:05 AM

Magicmac54,
    Glad to hear you’re in good form. Wish I was having a few pints, even with BSIB 😀 but unfortunately in the middle of the Irish sea and on nightshift. The first one is definitely the hardest mind 🙁

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:06 AM

EGB,
    I’m really not sure how people are living their lives so differently in the south that the virus only seems to be spreading so rapidly up North?

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:08 AM

I’ve had to take a minus 8 on the FPL this week, hooope it pays off.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:34 AM

Jail we’re in a level two lockdown in Essex which I think is the same as the NE.

So not that different.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:38 AM

If anyone is interested here are the results of the NUST election.

Here are the individual results listed in alphabetical order by surname, with the five successful candidates with an X beside their names.

Adam Beckett – 2,047 votes (35.7% of individual voters) X

Linda Bush – 2,579 votes (45.0% of individual voters) X

Thomas Concannon – 2,198 votes (38.3% of individual voters) X

Marc Corby – 1,869 votes (32.6% of individual voters) X

Jonathan Drape-Comyn – 837 votes (14.6% of individual voters)

Stephen Harrop – 1,678 votes (29.3% of individual voters)

Jonathan Lane – 1,354 votes (23.6% of individual voters)

Jeffrey Lindahl – 493 votes (8.6% of individual voters)

Alex Nicholson – 1,332 votes (23.2% of individual voters)

Daniel Olsen – 909 votes (15.9% of individual voters)

Charlotte Robson – 3,291 votes (57.4% of individual voters) X

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:46 AM

G’dNight all, big game tomorrow.

• DubaiMicky

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:37 AM

Carltoon, remember you need to go to “Manage” and put in huhu.to

The Game (in English) is on Bein11HD, (Bein2 is Arabic).

• ChicoUSA

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:48 AM

Whewwwww! Made it through another two week international break!

And ManUre are ripe and ready for a beating…

HWTL!

• lesh

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:01 AM

Essex

@2 reminded me of the sixties when McEwans, formerly part of the now gone S&N group, sold both 70/- and 80/- ales.

• DubaiMicky

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:05 AM

10am ko for you Chico?

11pm for me, may need to have a small snooze this arvo.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:00 AM

Having Wilson is a huge step up from having no striker at all. Lewis is like for like. Hendrick is a waste of money even on a free. Fraser was free and is a decent player but perhaps not what we desperately needed. Could be costly not buying a central midfielder like Cyprien or a creative player who can pass like Buendia. I think it was stupid to let Lejuene go, but if Bruce isn’t keen on passing defenders then not much point in keeping him.
    6/10 for transfer business. no risks but no chance of unearthing a superstar as they’re all proven average/ decent but no more.

• dekka

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:20 AM

How many people are buying the game from Sky? Pay per view is exactly what the “big” clubs want as they’ll make more money than anyone else. I’m not buying the game but I understand how hard that is so good luck to those who are paying for it. I just hope it’s worth it.

• Wor Bairle

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:58 AM

Just a Fat Dave Bassett

• Wor Bairle

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:01 AM

Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Prety much agree with your assessment but I’m a little more optimistic, sum of the parts and all that. Here’s hoping!

Can’t wait til kick off

• captain hibbit

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:16 AM

morning all.
    matchday at last, really fancy us tonight 3-1 to the TOON

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:23 AM

Morning all

Match day and absolutely buzzing for it.

Gutted it’s an 8 kick off can’t stand the wait. I’ll stick with my 2-1 prediction and more importantly stick it to the dirty orrible manc fan I’ll have sat in me front room 😉

• Moonraker15

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:23 AM

dekka

Sorry mate but I’m buying the match tonight. I know it’s a rip off but there’s not much to get excited about in these Covid times and I can’t be arsed with these dodgy links constantly freezing up etc. All in all sky sports has revolutionised tv sport viewing anyway so we’re better off with it than without it!

• Moonraker15

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:26 AM

Plus I’ve got a feeling we’ll turn them over tonight!
    Howay the lads!

• DaveD1000

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:27 AM

2-1 to the Toon from a late pelanty

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM

Moonraker

Obviously your choice mate but I think you’re bonkers feeding a corrupt organisation who did everything in there power to block the takeover of Newcastle United

• Moonraker15

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:38 AM

Another emphatic win against the mancs and Ollie’s on his bike! You get the feeling every poor performance or defeat is another nail in his coffin!
    Poch watch!

• DubaiMicky

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:38 AM

11:22 to kick off, I’m going for a 3-2 win (after we’ve been 3-0 up).

• Moonraker15

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM

Mund
    It’s only a matter of time before we have new owners and we are the darlings of the premier league again.
    Anyway it was the EPL bowing the the big 2 that stopped it not sky sports.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:50 AM

Magic

Sorry to hear of your news. You’re one of the nicest, most balanced and general all round good eggs on here so hope this is just a short term inconvenience for you.

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:57 AM

Moonraker

Sky sports and the premier league are one in the same here they both receive money from it.

Don’t forget about Bent sports and the opposing Qataris.

Each to there own tho mate

• Rotonda heights

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:01 AM

I just wish bruce wasn’t always lowering expectations and getting in his excuses early. Like when we played the mighty Morecambe and Newport you’d have thought it was Barcelona or Real away!

With the team we have now there is a frightening lot of pace and we should be making teams scared of us, especially at home. Look what Lamptey’s pace did to us. Just wish bruce was a whole lot more positive about his own team and made the players feel they could beat anyone and not just ”hope” for results all the time.

He can’t blame anyone else for the way we’ve largely played, ie park the bus and hoof ball. Some things have fallen into place and we have to maximise that now. The Carrol experiment was thankfully never going to last and I really hope that one of Almiron or Fraser comes in for the out of position and underwhelming Hendrick.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:05 AM

Moonraker

That’s the dilemma. I’m in the glass half full still dreaming group who want the takeover and a proper coach, ie like Poch. However, beating Manu will mean they get Poch before us.

• martoon

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:14 AM

Essex Geordie Bill – if you’re in the same tier as us then you shouldn’t be having mates around for dinner so I wouldn’t broadcast it on a public blog if I were you!

dekka – I won’t pay the PPV money on principle as I subscribe to Sky & BT and I’m a ST holder so like many others I’ve donated the money to the food bank and I’m hoping that app Watched will be reliable!

• magicmac54

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM

Rotonda heights, Thanks very much for your kind comments, ill get bye ok, my fear is it could be longer than the 4 weeks as the infection rate is so very high here in Northern Ireland, but i understand we all have to try and play our part to reduce the amount of people getting infected with this horrible virus and to try and save lives. Rotonda i trust you and all your family and friends are ok fella? I have no doubt your looking forward to the big game tonight, i would be so so happy if we can beat Manure, ill go for a 1-1 draw, but would love to trounce them 5-0 Rotonda ha ha ha ha

• magicmac54

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:16 AM

Jail are you working today fella?

• Darnik

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM

Moonraker
    Buy iptv mate then the stream won’t break down if you’re prepared to pay £15 a game must be worth a punt for you

• Optimistic prime

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:29 AM

Im not working today, due to covid and materials not turning up ive 3 days off.

Unexpectedly received with immense gratitude.

70 hr weeks get old pretty quick…

The whole situation is lose lose, if you’re out of work its a nightmare, if you’re in work your probably doing the jobs of 2 or 3.

Maximum stress for everyone.

• Goofy

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:34 AM

If we win tonight the dogs will be after Solskjaers head.
    The guy’s not big or man enough for that job, as much as i hate Manure they definitely are not where they’re meant to be.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:38 AM

Whos gonna pull the trigger on the not so baby faced assassin?

Scholes getting the job?

If I was a manager I wouldn’t touch the Manuire job, its cursed, Fergie cursed the job when he left.

Whilst he’s still in the memory of fans no one will succeed there!

• Optimistic prime

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:41 AM

I couldn’t believe it when Moyes was his replacement.

I was surprised when Mouriniho took the job.

Poch would be nuts to go there and if I was buying a club I’d have Poch a on retainer, hope Stavely thinks the same.

• captain hibbit

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:48 AM

I think it’ll be Poch on monday when we beat them 3 -1 tonight and Ashley turns down there request to speak to Bruce,!!!

• Munster Mag

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:49 AM

The numbers of comments on the blog seem way down these days. Have been off it, but assume some of the old Miseries are still here giving out about everything. I see there was a thread on Nickson, good to see.

• Munster Mag

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:51 AM

Darnik, wife hasn’t been able to “cut the cable” yet with sky as the account and direct debit is in her name. The android box on one TV, ironically called a Mag, has broken down. Can we get the match on Firestick?