web analytics

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team we predict Steve Bruce will name for today’s match against the Red Devils. It has three changes from the Burnley match.

Bruce may decide to rest the lads who featured heavily during the international break so that is our thinking behind this team. He’s not likely to deviate too much from the side that soundly defeated Burnley a few weeks ago but a few changes could be on the cards.

During his press conference yesterday, the injury update was a welcome one. Jamal Lewis is fine after having a scan on his Achilles. Jamaal Lascelles also looks to be available after missing the last match with a hamstring problem.

While today is too early for Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, and Matty Longstaff, they are progressing well after returning to training a few weeks ago.

Newcastle United Injuries

Dwight Gayle – knee, Matt Ritchie – shoulder, Martin Dubravka – heel, Paul Dummett – hamstring, Ciaran Clark – thigh, Matty Longstaff – thigh

Manchester United Injuries

Phil Jones – knee, Anthony Martial – red card suspension, Edinson Cavani- self-isolating, Axel Tuanzebe – foot (late fitness test), Harry Maguire – knock (late fitness test)

Newcastle come into this game on a four-match unbeaten streak so perhaps the international break came at the wrong time. Though the rest will have done much of the squad some good after playing two matches per week to start this campaign due to our success in the Carabao Cup.

The Red Devils have played one less league match and have only one win. Though that was against Brighton, who have become a bit of a bogey team for Newcastle. Man United will be looking to atone for their 6-1 thrashing at home to Tottenham in their last match

Our poll reflects the recent run of good results as over 70% expect a result with almost half thinking we can get three points today. That would be an extraordinary result for Newcastle and it’s certainly a possibility as long as Bruce gets the team selection and tactics right today.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• IrishRob

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:52 AM

3-1 to the toon, but if United have a reaction to that humiliation 2 weeks ago and play well then were getting beaten 0-3.

• IrishRob

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:54 AM

Cant see Longstaff playing, surely Joelinton has to play in that position, but more than anything Miggy has to start today, we need all the skill and speed up that end if were to win, it’s how you beat United.

• Kevin Vegan

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:55 AM

Almiron instead of Joelinton, please. Joelinton should be 4th or 5th choice.

• Tyran21

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:55 AM

I got a feeling Bruce will be like “Oh shit, Man Utd! Big team, quick call the bus driver”
    Hopefully I’m wrong.

• IrishRob

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:57 AM

In saying that, I dont think Miggy will play ahead of Frazer, I think his days are numbered under Bruce, one of Bruce’s biggest mistakes the past month as a manager is not playing Miggy. I just dont get it. He offers so much going forward and no one in our team can pick a true ball like he can.

• Darnik

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:02 AM

Munster
    Yes mate install redbox tv or that watched they shared on here last night

• carltoon

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:03 AM

DM, thanks Micky I hope I’ve done it right. Was able to get SP. So I’ll know if I get the game. Looks good. But I’ll be watching with extreme anxiety! Hate listening or watching on the Tele. Yet love going to watch the game live.

• Darnik

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:10 AM

Install this on your firestick /android box then use code 51829986 make sure you install mx player too

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:15 AM

For anyone thinking of paying the £14.95.

This is a trial and error situation for the league. They are testing the waters with a scandalous money making scheme.

If the audience is as little as possible and the numbers are quite low I’d imagine the idea will be scrapped.

Don’t do it people, don’t hand over your hard earned money to the footers who stopped your hopes and dreams

• Darnik

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:19 AM

If you put watched on via that code huhu. to is already installed for you

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Simon

I keep reading this rumour and it was first mentioned on talk sport a while back by that sports agent, can’t remember his name.

If it comes out in the news that PIF have done this then it’s instantly saying to me it’s approved

• simon376

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Mund
    Defo mate, if doing this its all done, maybe the rumors of by 30th are right, get the bus runnig

• DubaiMicky

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:45 AM

I think the opposite, it will look like a bribe, here’s a loan if you approve the takeover.

Last thing that either party wants Shirley?

• magicmac54

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:45 AM

The team ED, picked there looks quite good apart from Joelinton, for me Almiron Frazer or even Murphy should all be picked ahead of Joelinton, yes i know Joelinton has improved a little bit, but in my opinion he is still not a good footballer, those other 3 lads should be picked on merit and on form, specially frazer who has been on fire recently with Scotland, and Almiron who never lets us down and has the pace to really cause problems to Manures static and slow defence

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:49 AM

Simon

It will make the league look even more incompetent if accepted but I hope and pray they do accept it as it’s a foot in the door for PIF.

It’s going to happen one day but the sooner the better mate because I’m going stir crazy

• Vask

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:52 AM

International breaks are sooo long. 8pm kick off is long to wait for the return of meaningful football. Anyway, I’m hoping the lads turn up motivated and energetic.

I’d play the following team:-

——–Darlow——–
    Manq-JL–FF–Lewis
    —–Hayden—JonJ—-
    ———–Miggy———–
    Maxi—Willo—-Joe

Probly going to see a 442 or 4411 though. Really don’t want to see 5 at the back. Shame Summer won’t be match fit. I think he’s a real nullifier when fit and in form.

• magicmac54

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Mund sure i always knew you were stir crazy mate ha ha ha ha, i bet this will be a long day for you waiting all day to the kick of at 8pm tonight, lets hope for a victory against Manure tonight, i would take a real boring scrappy match as long as we win, on the takeover ill just be delighted if it happens even if its next year Mund just as long as it happens mate.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Tyron,
    the bus doesn’t have a driver

• Optimistic prime

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Dubai

Bribe?

Like Quatar..

If you can’t beat em join em, if the PIF saving lower league clubs is wrong i don’t want to be right.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Maybe its a loan.

For TV rights.

I doubt they’ll just bung them £250m.

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:07 PM

Magicmac

Ow do young man 😉

Ball ache isn’t it mate. Hate these 8 o’clock kick offs on a Saturday but it is what it is. I’ve gone for a 2-1 win tonight hopefully it’s a good game as well as footy has been sorely missed.

Can’t wait for the party on here when the sleeping giant has awoken my friend

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Martoon

Our houseguests were before the 12am lockdown so perfectly OK.

Also as Southend is a unitary body it may be that we are still at tier 1, still some confusion about that though.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:10 PM

7 Hours 49 Minutes to KO.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:13 PM

Is Bradley Cross the kid who scored that super goal as a trialist. If not what’s happened to him, looked a cert to be signed.

• magicmac54

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:14 PM

Mund if the takeover goes through in the not to distant future we will all be drunk for a month mate ha ha ha, ok catch you laters Mund. take care and keep safe mate.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:14 PM

If we are going three behind Wilson then I think Joelinton has to be seriously considered as he offers a physical threat non of the others do. Theres no doubt Fraser, Almiron, ASM would be the most thrilling three to play, but it’s extremely lightweight, extremely short on height, and apart from Almiron there’s be no tracking back. Maybe Keegan would play that but Bruce will not. He will favour Hendrick until it’s blindingly obvious he’s well past it as a prem player. If not Hendrick Joelinton. I suspect Almiron will be behind the others. He will eventually force his way in as he clearly deserves a spot.
    My choice Joelinton – Almiron – ASM behind Wilson. Almiron is better than Fraser. Joelinton is worse than Fraser but we’d need him for variety.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Looks like the game will be available on Audio via NUFC, so unless there’s some decent streams that’ll be an option.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Cross is a defender. The other lad was French.

• Mund

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:16 PM

You too magic keep safe mate 🙂 speak later

• The Ledge

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:19 PM

This watched Tv do u have to pay the 20e subscription?
    It keeps saying you have exceeded the free term of 30 min?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Think that Longstaff is doubtful for the game so I expect he’ll play Hendrick initially to try and control the midfield, so I expect the same team as Neil’s with that one change.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM

JFDB

That’s what I thought, wonder if the club decided against him, be a pity if they have.

• Darnik

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:25 PM

I thought Longstaff had tonsillitis so was ruled out?

• Munster Mag

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Darnik, I have found Béin on my other android box. It’s in foreign innit at present but hope that changes for a live match. Am not sure how to install something on the Firestick but will have a look.

• Wor Bairle

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Downloaded watched.com to my laptop and firestick, already got BT sport so all bases covered, let the games begin…

• Munster Mag

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM

Not sure why people want Lobby so much. And I’m not sure it’s all down to Bruce either!

• Romford mag

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:34 PM

It’s a pirates life for me 😉

• Wor Bairle

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Mane, 1-0 Liverpool

• Ashingtoon62

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:34 PM

The ledge Iv’e had bein channel 11 on all morning,never had that pop up mate.