web analytics

Trialist Confirms His Big Chance With Newcastle United

Yesterday, the news broke that Newcastle were going to give trialist Florent Indalecio a longer chance to prove himself. Reports stated that the forward has signed a one-year deal to play with the U23s.

The 23-year-old was handed a trial earlier this summer at the behest of Allan Saint-Maximin and impressed enough to get a full year at the club.

Indalecio took to Instagram to confirm this massive opportunity that he now has with Newcastle.

Indalecio will play under U23 boss Chris Hogg this season in an attempt to win a long-term deal. This could be some story if the former bricklayer ends up making Newcastle’s squad next season.

The Chronicle has published comments Indalecio made to the Sydney Morning Herald after signing for Newcastle. He last played for Fraser Park FC in Australia’s lower tiers.

It really sounds like Florent is inspired by this opportunity which all came about from his former St-Etienne Academy teammate Allan Saint-Maximin.

“He’s a real friend. He gave me the chance, he spoke to the club about the trial. I was doing well and they signed me.

“I said to the club when I signed my contract. I didn’t sign to Newcastle for fun, just because I want to put on social media ‘oh, I’m a professional footballer, I make my money and I don’t care’ – no, no, no, no.

“I love football, I play with passion. If Newcastle want to sign me for free I’ll play for free. It’s not a problem. They will not regret signing me, because I know I will help the team and I will try to give my best.

“I never spoke English before – I just knew hello, how are you, thank you. And I learned English on a construction site with my boss and all the bricklayers,” he says.

“I just followed the guys, how they work, how they do the [concrete] mix, how they take the bricks. Everyone helped me. Nobody [else] in Sydney wants to do labor for the bricklayers, because it’s one of the hardest jobs. It’s very physical. I was f—ed. My body was tired.

“I regret a lot from when I was young – trust me, I regret a lot before I signed for Newcastle,” he said.

“When I was working in Australia, when I was in France, and I see all of my friends playing professionally and I was working in a factory. Today I am a Newcastle player and I’m very proud.

“It’s a really big club and a great opportunity for me but I’m starting from the bottom.

“My objective is to play very well with Newcastle under-23s to prove I have the ability to play at a better level.

“Tomorrow we play against West Bromwich, and that’s it. I just want to work hard. We will see.”

We could see another debut in the U23s today if Indalecio plays against West Brom. On Monday, both Rodrigo Vilca and Bradley Cross, himself a former trialist, made their debuts against Fulham.

How Will Newcastle Do At Wolves On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• DrGloom

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Shame U23s aren’t on TV, probably more exciting watching them than first team at the moment

• lesh

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Indalecio’s pressing the right buttons and I hope he impresses enough to extend his stay and develop his talents under a coach who can help him do so.

C’mon Amanda, come Mickey boy, get this takeover sorted to provide us with some hope.

• lesh

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:31 AM

@2

* come on Mickey boy

• GhostToon

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Rom

Luckily I dont need to go in to hiding this week, I finally paid my tv license lol. Only joking.

Anyway bud, need to crack on with some work for a few hours before the weekend, will catch up laters.

• sing in the corner

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM

You sound a canny lad Flo. Welcome!

..if you want to earn yourself a few quid after the Baggies game, I’ve got a garden wall that won’t fix itself.
    Could be a nice little earner for you. Know what I mean?

• Romford mag

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Ghost

Lol ok bud , catch up with you soon thumbs up emoji 😉

• Not another deJong

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Steve Bruce does not breed any confidence in me what so ever.

• Romford mag

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Not another deJong

I think that applies to most NUFC fans mate 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Bus moved

Munster

Ash has thrown a lot more money behind bruce to try and make his 2 fingered salute to rafa. However, I honestly feel you could give bruce ronaldo and messi and he’d still play park the bus hoof ball. His entire CV stats always indicate this.

Bruce just doesn’t seem to be able to change and just has the one gear. The longer he stays the more damage he’ll do. Allardyce aways said he would change his style with better players but he either couldn’t or wouldn’t. Bruce, AP and SA are all anti football dark age coaches and just play with fear which quickly transmits to the players where they don’t think or believe they can win games.

Our midfield gets bypassed with all the long balls. Don’t know why we didn’t go for Benrahma (wrong spelling) from Brentford or someone who can put their foot on the ball and transform defense to attack quickly. When you’re replacing Almiron with the likes of Hendrick this is only ever going to end one way.

• Geordie-john

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Never mind under 23’s get this lad in the first team and put JoefromLinton out on loan in League 2 to toughen him up

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM

You just know that under bruce, this guy, the Peruvian lad and Scott from Chelsea will hardly be seen, if at all.

I’d be throwing them all at the first team squad along with Matty L, Allan and Toure. Lose the fear is something the fans kept telling Pardew but he couldn’t and bruce the excuse is cut from the same cloth.

• Darnik

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Hope he gets his head down and shows some of the skill he showed during his trial as I was impressed with him in the limited footage we got to see

• JohnJ

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Kets9 Previous thread

My take on the players you mentioned

Ben Arfa
    Brilliant when he wanted to be but could be very lazy – What a waste!

Cabaye
    Brilliant player – Shame that the grass was greener and Ashley wanted to cash in on him

Doumbia
    Who?

Marveaux
    Maybe a good player now…. but didn’t turn it on for Toon

Sissoko
    Great player at home but went missing at times when playing away.

Cisse
    Great player – I’ll never forget that goal at Chelsea!

Ba
    Magic – I just wish he’d stayed longer – Probably the best No 9 since Big Al.

Abeid
    OK – But didn’t make a big impression on me

Thauvin
    Sadly a big disappointment as a player at NUFC

Cabella
    See above!

• hibbit

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:53 AM

“chip on my shoulder”
    that’s rich coming from the guy with the biggest pet lip in the country

• Adamn_92

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Sorry the bus moved…

Just to add to the justification of why Bruce gets the stick he does, I can’t remember which interview it was but it was soon after one of his first games I think. Where he basically said the players weren’t good enough to play attacking football, anyone remember that? I can remember thinking at the time what an awful bizarre thing to say about your players ‘Hey lads you’re all rubbish so we’re going to sit back and try to not concede loads alright, don’t even think you’re good enough to try and attack’

Now he has attacking players he wanted and…… we still just defend and have no plan of attack other than hoof it long or give it to ASM?

This is why he deserves all the stick he gets, he makes endless excuses and breaths negative tactics and mindet into the squad, lascelles interviewed showed that. He has been given everything he claimed he needed and still we don’t play anything close to attacking football and never look like we have a game plan.

When fans get together we can do amazing things like the foodbank donations. Is there any chance a petition asking him to be sacked or resign would have any effect whatsoever? Or is that extremely wishful thinking on my behalf? haha

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM

If no one readily available I would give dawson a crack in charge. seems to have done pretty well over the last few years.

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Another rainy day to cheer us all up 🙁

So, some fans are saying De Marco is on a wind up on TWATTER, the very reason i don`t entertain it.
    I have to say though, i doubt a top level QC such as him, would be arsed to Tweet such drivel for a wind up.

• Darnik

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Johnj
    Perfect assessment mate agree with you on every point

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:56 AM

JohnJ

Hard to argue with any of that.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:57 AM

hibbit go away fella what’s wrong with you?

I thought you had better things to be doing??

Looking for hearts? You claim to not like them but you post biggest baited heart posts out of the lot

• Not another deJong

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Judging by the press conference we will have Shelvey and Hendricks playing in front of the defence, with S.Longstaff on the bench. Bruce will play Almiron and I think he will dogedly go for 442 with Maximin and Miggy as wingers. I have a strange sensation Carroll will start, although the only alternative is Joelinton.

If Bruce was not so blind to the fact that we did not play well in the last match, he could actually analyse our strengths and weaknesses, which would then allow him to field a dynamic team rather than a assembelage of his ‘best’ players.

• geordietom

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:59 AM

well i hope this lad is a Diamond in the rough , hope he gets a chance to show his skills in the first team …

• The mighty wyn

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:00 PM

We toon – I agree with you can’t see that a leading barrister would bother his backside just as a wind up
    Hope they’re just getting all their ducks in a row
    Well that’s my hope I’m clinging to anyway as were going down with bruce the excuse

• hibbit

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:00 PM

or what Mund ???

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:01 PM

If Almiron can`t get into the 1st eleven ahead of Hendrick, then the new Peruvian kid has no chance. I feel sorry for any wannabee`s joining the club, it is a road to nowhere.

• JohnJ

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Mund & Hibbit

You’re both good posters & I often appreciate what you guys have to say…..
    But I wish you’d both bury the hatchet!

Can you not call a truce eh?

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:07 PM

not another

he seems to think playing hendrick instead of almiron is playing his best 11. YCMIU.

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:12 PM

Doumbia wasn’t given a chance with us. Marveaux was good for us when he played. Injuries was his problem.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM

hibbit
    Oct 23, 2020 at 12:00 PM
    or what Mund ???

So so childish hibbit it’s like school yard stuff lmao just save the blog the hassle

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM

so bruce will monitor darlow’s fitness over the next 24 hours.
    Shame he couldn’t do that when he made darlow play on for 15 mins in obvious pain and restrictive movement.
    The guy is a total balloon. . . . .end of.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:18 PM

hibbit and Mund

Come on lads, time out.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:26 PM

I’m down for a truce, bygones be bygones because end of the day we don’t know one another on here so I don’t need feel one way or the other so very easy to let it go.

I’ll always try and be civil I’ve showed that already

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:27 PM

The mighty wyn,

Re De Marco, You can just see it can`t you, him saying “well that`s another day sorting my shit out for the takeover, now i think i`le go on Twitter and wind them daft geordies up”
    Don`t think so some how.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:29 PM

I’m sure the same person claimed Mehrdad was on the wind up as well

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:30 PM

We should have signed Slimani on loan again. Was a decent player and had pace.

• The mighty wyn

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:33 PM

Wl I’m hoping that it’s just his way of keeping our Hope’s up
    But anyway its amusing looking at the replies – talk about conspiracy theories

• Tsunki

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Guess who’s back causing blog tremors with his Rafa arguments again hoping to get an earthquake going. About 6.5 to 7 on the Sphincter Scale I reckon.

• Tsunki

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:35 PM

Can you imagine the damage Bruce would do coaching a school football team? I hate to think what the counselling bill would be for those kids.

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:36 PM

People can believe what they like, but the more you believe the harder you fall, gullible and naivety go hand in hand with Twitter.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM

I think some fans would risk the fall to believe in a better future. Some will guard themselves and others want to believe in hope.