web analytics

Report – Government Considering Measures To Allow Supporters To Return By Christmas

There is a shock report from The Telegraph claiming that the Government is considering options to allow fans back at football stadiums by Christmas.

According to the report, the likeliest scenario would be a few thousand fans attending matches in low infection-risk areas. So it would not be a uniform measure for all clubs.

The Premier League had done extensive work in trying to get fans back to stadiums before Covid-19’s second wave put that notion to rest. It is a bit of a surprise that this is even being considered at the moment.

With the strict measures that have been put in place for the second wave, it seems highly unlikely that the Government will go through with this plan. Especially as positive cases continue to rise.

This past week was also the worst for coronavirus cases among EPL players and staff. The latest round of testing revealed 16 positive tests eclipsing the past high mark of 10 from late September.

This is a statement from the league on the recent uptick in cases:

“The Premier League can today confirm that between Monday 9 November and Sunday 15 November, 1,207 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19.

“Of these, there were 16 new positive tests. Players or club staff who have tested positive will self-isolate for a period of 10 days.”

The return of supporters by Christmas just doesn’t seem like a realistic proposition considering the ultra-cautious path taken so far. It seems far more likely that this will be an entire season without fans than having even a handful return by the end of the year.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:23 AM

I voted win for the craic.

• Northumbrian

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:24 AM

Even if I hadn’t given up my ST I wouldn’t go to watch Brucie dross.

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:28 AM

I just want did of Bruce 0-5 (and Ashley)..

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:31 AM

It’s hard to see us getting anything at Chelsea and I’m a bit fearful for will happen. Ziyech and Werner both on top form and can’t see our midfield and defence being able to contain them

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:33 AM

I’ve just been reading an article from the daily fail from earlier this year which states Ashley was wanting to state that the club was sold but the consortium told him to wait until it was completely finalised..I wonder who suddenly put the block on the deal?

• Northumbrian

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Captain,, I personally believe it was 99.9% sold but then Hoffman come in to the prem and all seemed to change.
    Its rather strange how a chairman does not do any interviews and seems to prefer to be silent.

• triggerman

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:49 AM

I’m going for a 2 1 toon win easy as you like

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:50 AM

Tom best wishes to Mrs Tom.. I hope she recovers quickly from her op!!

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:52 AM

The Bard, is it just me that thinks there’s a hint of veganism there?

• The Rev.Jim

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Jail:missed the bus,and replied previous thread.

on subject:
    As for this stupid government making plans to let fans in.
    The mind boggles.
    This virus is very clever,not only does it wear a Rolex and can tell time after 10pm,it can have 5 days off for xmas.
    He’s well named that handCock fella

• Ashingtoon62

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Repost

I see the EFL have voted and passed the 5 sub rule.Wonder how much the snake Parry has pocketed from the EPL.He’s obviously working for them,this whole thing footing stinks to the high heavens!!!

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM

I think it was even more “sold” than that Northy. Mikey was hours away from declaring it was sold but the consortium wanted it made completed totally..

• captainmarvel

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:01 PM

Ashley must have a lot of good information from the dealings with the Pl that will make them very nervous especially if it was stopped right at the death…

• Northumbrian

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Captain,,, that’s what I meant by 99.9% mate.
    I just think all it needed was a EPL signature but then Hoffman went WOAH.

• JohnJ

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM

I almost never vote for a Newcastle United defeat but very sadly I can’t see Toon getting anything from this game! However I would love to be proved wrong and I hope I am.

Best wishes to Mrs Tom any anyone else out there who is feeling under the weather. 🙂

• The Rev.Jim

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:12 PM

Home advantage wont help us,that’s for sure

• GhostToon

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:13 PM

captainmarvel
    #9

That has crossed my mind a few times lol.

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Captain you might have nailed it with that guess

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Mag52

My comment re the Spanish kid was in relation to the Toon not the England team.

• Northumbrian

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Wonder if cabbage heed might put Anderson on the bench this weekend? He played very well the other night and is definitely worth a look at.

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Captain

For me the premier league need to explain how it went from giving all the positive noises back to the consortium and the club that it would soon be complete and approved.

Where did it all go wrong? How can it go from one end to another just like that? As like you said Ashley wanted to announce a sale but was held back by the consortium who wanted it done 100%.

We know who the footers are but we need the world to know and hopefully DeMarco rips them a new one in court, if it goes that far which I’ve always thought it wouldn’t.

Always been my opinion that we have an extremely strong case. But I know the league will stretch out the time at every opportunity so patience is needed.

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM

A lady from York, Amanda her name
    Tried to buy the Toon, almost drove some people insane
    We thought it was done with no need to worry
    Especially after that infamous curry
    But the big 6 heard rumours, said we cant have this
    Richard be clever and find something amiss
    If you cant do that and nothing is wrong just use plan B and drag it on and on
    So I’ll leave you with this and please dont be sad
    Fat lad still owns and that can only be bad
    Be confident and stay confident, if not maintain silence cos if you dont you’ll get threatened with violence

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM

Big Archie

‘You can always tell how bad our first team are when bloggers are pushing for youngsters to be included in the first team based on their performances against 4th division teams.

It happened with Sorensen, it happened with Armstrong, and neither was good enough.

I guess desperate times call for desperate suggestions, but let’s not take them seriously’

That I see as a really stupid comment, if our youngsters never get 1st team games then the hell will we know if they’re good enough, they can only play well at the level they are pitched against but if they do so then it’s pretty obvious to me that they should then be given a chance to step up a level.

Not saying start them in 1st team games but at least have them in the squad ready for a 20 to 30 minute stint.

As I keep saying if the U23 lads never get to play then there might as well not be an U23 squad.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:26 PM

‘How the hell’

• triggerman

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:27 PM

Pool mag she’s from rippon

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:31 PM

So Ashley who has told us fans foot all for 14 years was really going to announce it was sold before everything was signed and sealed just wondering where this snippet has come from

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:33 PM

Triggerman as you should know never let the truth get in the way of a good poem

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:35 PM

Pool just wondering why your acting like you care when you don’t?

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:44 PM

Sorry Mund I promise in future I’ll try and be as good a supporter as you if you promise to keep on supporting even if we dont get taken over. It seems to be a deal breaker for you

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:45 PM

Was gonna say I care as much about the club as I do my kids but then thought that would be silly

• triggerman

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:45 PM

All the poems on here are rubbish that’s the truth of it

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:48 PM

Your a bell end Pool I’m happy with that assessment

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:49 PM

And you say Jail bullies people on here people in glass houses and all that

• hibbit

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:50 PM

its quite funny really a monkey hanger and a smoggie having a tiff on a nufc blog,
    parmo’s at 10 paces ,LOL

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:50 PM

You also lie quite a bit Pool. When did I say it’s a deal breaker if the takeover doesn’t happen I’ll stop supporting the club??

Never said that once and I’ll always support the team no matter what.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:51 PM

I know i said I was trying to be Switzerland earlier so don’t think I’m here trying to cause trouble.

Many posters and others are saying “we want answers”

You’ve had answers, you just don’t like them.

We were told about pig and state being seperate entities.

You may not believe that answer or like it but its the one the PL gave and will build their case around.

• Mund

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:51 PM

Pool come on then tell me how I am a bully?

• Dondatta13

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM

Has anybody seen today’s Google Doodle?…

They are celebrating Fanny Eaton…

Taxi!!!

• HpoolMag

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Hibbit ha yeh but we dont do smoggie food like Parmos. Mund if you dont see it then far be it from me to tell you

• Mag52

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Essex.

My apologies. I thought you were referring to the England team.