web analytics

Almiron’s Agent Appears To Walk Back Some Of His Inflammatory Claims

Miguel Almiron’s agent, Daniel Campos, has become a household name for some Newcastle fans this week. He made some ill-advised comments to Paraguayan radio earlier this week about his client’s future.

Campos was at it again today speaking to Italian outlet Europa Calcio. However, his statements weren’t as blustery as the ones made in Paraguay.

When asked about whether Almiron suited the Premier League, Campos replied with the following:

“Totally, it’s a competitive championship and it’s played at a pace at which Miguel can measure himself for speed and change of pace.”

The agent was then asked about the statement he made in which he asserted that Miguel would have already left Newcastle if not for the Covid-19 pandemic. He was a lot less committed in his answer than earlier in the week:

“Impossible to know. Almiron is happy in Newcastle and when that time comes we will analyze it. Now his reality is Newcastle and the qualification for the World Cup with Paraguay.”

He also clarified that the noise about Atletico Madrid’s interest was just ‘rumors’. Though he did assert that Inter Milan has also shown interest but no ‘progress has been made.’

There’s obviously something going on with Almiron and his current contentment at Newcastle. His agent did him no favors with his disrespectful claims earlier in the week. He was a lot more appropriate when talking to Europa Calcio.

Miguel is likely frustrated with the playing style as well as not playing in his preferred position. He’s been called a ‘coach’s delight’ by Bruce and we expect he’ll remain professional despite his frustrations.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:53 AM

So do we have a definite list of who we still have available to play up front? I’m assuming joelinton is the spearhead of course.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:55 AM

Tsunki Mund

I haven’t kept up with your banter between each other.

For future reference which one of you wears teddies?

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:56 AM

I’ve got the Teddies, Mund is Unicorn boy. Thinks he’s all that 🙁

😀

• Aces-of-Eights

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:04 AM

For as long as I can remember Tsunki has always been trouble on this blog

• Not another deJong

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:06 AM

Yes sir, I can Miggy
    I can Miggy all night long

good read on Almiron playing habits which I missed when first published at the beginning of this year and still relevant.

• Aces-of-Eights

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:08 AM

I still believe 2022 for takeover to go through if pif buy us. Gonna be a slow long 2021. Pif will want fanfare and everything so step 1 fans in stadium..by 2022? Step 2 tv rights..will know by 2022?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:08 AM

So is Joelinton going to be up front on his own against Chelsea?

Would be as well just putting an enthusiastic 18 year old who will chase everything down up front

I fear this weekend could be the time where we get a proper spanking that has been on the cards for a while like a 5 or 6 goal mauling

• Aces-of-Eights

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:10 AM

If we get relegated pif might not be able to buy us cos of Richard Parry whos in cahoots with Masters and Liverpool.

• geordietom

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:11 AM

aces …

i hope its a lot earlier than that but i can see where your coming from …

• Not another deJong

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:12 AM

Yeah, I am sure Tsunki was the first one to introduce smiley faces……..and he keeps pulling my hair.

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:22 AM

Yeah I’ve always been trouble aces. Making comments like that i guess really helps do you think?

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:24 AM

Comment : Tsunki has always been trouble. Cue the adding of hearts. All good constructive ways to actively avoid controversy. Bang up job, chaps!

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:25 AM

Not another – and nobody acknowledges the smileys were all royalty free. My work is unsung.

• hibbit

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:26 AM

Aces-of-Eights very selective memory if you think Tsunki has been the only problem poster over the last few years , i can think of a few that are way ahead of him on the troublemaker list,
    and dozens of excellent posters that have just walked away,

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:26 AM

“for as long as I can remember…” Damn I missed that one for a joke I’m slipping up these days 🙂

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:29 AM

I think my main problem is my off-beam sarcasm and micky-taking humour is just too strong gravy for some and when I start off slow and someone bites excessively hard I just can’t let go of the line. If I had any sense I would just back off from the ignoramii and the humour free and give them some slack ha ha

• geordietom