web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

Newcastle will take on a Chelsea side that haven’t tasted defeat since September. They will carry an 8 match unbeaten streak in all competitions to St James’ Park. They’ve won their last four matches which includes big wins over Burnley and Sheffield United.

Newcastle are still licking their wounds after a 2-0 defeat at Southampton. We’ve still yet to get a definitive word on the status of striker Callum Wilson, who injured his hamstring at St Mary’s. Though early signs are that he’ll not miss many games and could be available for Saturday.

The 5-3-1-1 formation Steve Bruce deployed in the last three matches came undone against the Saints after showing promise in the previous two matches. After the Southampton loss, Bruce proclaimed that places were up for grabs.

There are five Magpies out on international duty, though Miguel Almiron was unavailable for Paraguay in their 2-2 draw against Bolivia last night. It’s troubling, in light of comments from his agent, that Miggy did not travel back to Newcastle but rather watched the match from the stands.

Jeff Hendrick is also unavailable after a sending off in the Republic of Ireland’s defeat at Wales on Sunday. So maybe the midfielder will have made his way back to Newcastle.

We expect sweeping changes, once again, for the match against Chelsea. With places on the line, this week’s training could make all the difference in who gets the nod. There’s little hope of a result, but a competent performance is a must after the shambolic display against Southampton.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Tsunki

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:43 AM

I always vote draw when i think we are going to get wrung out ๐Ÿ˜

But this is the Toon! It’s just like us to rock up 3-0 winners courtesy of a joelinton hat trick. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM

Tsunki,
    PMSL ๐Ÿ˜€

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:51 AM

I’ve waited some time since Mrs Tom’s op
    I think it’s now safe to let my mask drop
    I didn’t want to inflame a tense situation
    Or risk a false cry of victimisation

Coming up soon will be the big reveal, and of course it’s set in rhyme
    Extracted from a Tom shit-fit, how will he react this time?
    It’s just a bit of ribbing, all about a bloke in a van
    I hope he sees the funny side,just for once, if he can

The last thing I need is to set alight to his fuse
    And then receive an offer I just can’t refuse
    So whoever I am we will all soon see
    It could well be you, but it’s probably me.

• lesh

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM

Geordietom

Good to hear that Mrs GT’s well – they certainly don’t hang about in kicking patients out – but, that’s understandable to some extent given the way resources are stretched because of Covid19.

Given that her body’s had a hell of a shock with the surgery, you might need to remind her that she’s more vulnerable to infection and whatever’s in the air than you.

Sounds as though you need to strap her in to a chair for a few days! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wish her well

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:55 AM

Now that Dummet is injured, who covers for Lewis, we had Willems then Rose last year, does Manquillo get drafted in if Lewis gets suspended or injured.

• Ashingtoon62

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:55 AM

I see the EFL have voted and passed the 5 sub rule.Wonder how much the snake Parry has pocketed from the EPL.He’s obviously working for them,this whole thing footing stinks to the high heavens!!!

• Not another deJong

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:57 AM

I would vote for a Joelinton Hattrick

• Tsunki

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:57 AM

Jail – I’m ROFLing here at your LMFAoing ๐Ÿ˜€

• Tsunki

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Manquillo surely has to figure at this rate.

• The Rev.Jim

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Hibbit: nice link previous thread.
    The bit I like is
    “The EPL have said it would therefore be premature for us to bring our claim now.”

Does that mean a deal could be going through and there wont be a case to answer from NCSL.
    Fingers crossed.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:10 AM

The Rev.Jim,
    I’m not really a walker or runner as such, I only do twenty minutes every dinner time and probably wouldn’t do that if I wasn’t watching something on my phone. Although the Mrs has dragged me to a couple of National Trust places these last couple of times off.

• The Rev.Jim

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Jail: no bother,it’s a fee app.and quite fun.
    Beats looking at 4 walls,or the sea ๐Ÿ™‚
    It’s great if you have it on TV screen,or better again with Apple TV.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:36 PM

All hail the Reverend Jim! Iggieeeeee!!!!