web analytics

Young Magpie Switches Agents As Clock Again Begins To Tick On His Future

Matty Longstaff made his season debut in our 2-0 loss at Southampton two weeks ago. The 20-year-old had been out since pre-season with a pesky thigh injury. He played twice for Chris Hogg’s U23s before finally getting a half an hour against the Saints.

Longstaff was a revelation last October when he bagged a goal on his league debut to sink Manchester United 1-0 at St. James’ Park. He scored again against the Red Devils in a 4-1 defeat on Boxing day.

Appearances were hard to come by for the local lad in 2020. He was handed just 2 league starts and 3 in our FA Cup run after New Years’ Day. He still hit the headlines though with a protracted contract saga that was never resolved until he became a free agent.

He ultimately signed a quick fix two-year deal in late August. However, the clock continued to tick on his Newcastle future before the ink was even dry. This summer we could be back at it again as he enters the final year of his contract.

The hope is Newcastle won’t let it get to that point. The deal in August was to buy time to reach an agreement on a long-term contract with the promising midfielder. However, his injury has not helped matters.

Matty needs an opportunity to show his value in order to get the terms he is likely seeking. Newcastle will also need to see him produce on the pitch to offer a long-term deal with higher wages.

The Chronicle is reporting that Matty has signed up with the Triple S agency and has left Beswick Sports.

Triple S agency was founded by former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd. They tweeted an announcement confirming the news yesterday.

Hopefully, this change in agents will mean smoother negotiations on a long-term deal for Longstaff. However, we don’t expect any progress on talks to be imminent with Matty just returning from his long lay-off.

Newcastle and Matty must not let the events that played out last season and late into this summer happen again.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Corkypants

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:44 PM

Sorry Hibbit didn’t realize you had already posted it

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:44 PM

We made peace in the blog then we get this news!!

Karma is a beautiful thing you give to the world you get back 😉

Come on take them to the footin cleaners!!

Let’s have that new era

HWTL

• Paul141726

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:45 PM

Mund, do you feel the PL will be forced by the courts to be
    forthcoming and in a timely manner when and if this goes to arbitration?
    My hope would be that the PL have their feet put to the fire, just not sure how long it will take.

• Novocastrian66

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:45 PM

The EPL cannot hold their piss. That statement from the club is quite a stern slap in the face for the Premier League.

• Northumbrian

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:47 PM

Pif were offered arbitration too, now I’m just wondering if this could be combined with the nufc arbitration to come to a compatible conclusion.

• Ketsbaia9

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:48 PM

Darlow

Mbabu Fernandez Schar Willems

Saint-Maximin Abeid Merino Thauvin

Almiron

Rondon

• hibbit

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM

Mubd/North/Simon
    when it popped into my mailbox i thought this is a wind up, till i went on the official site,
    GOBSMACKED !!

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM

Still shocked now hibbit as you say gobsmacked!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:51 PM

Forgive my ignorance but in simple terms does that statement mean?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:51 PM

‘What does’

• Regan

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Hibbit. .Corky…
    Cheers for the posts lads..
    Hopefully good news awaits. .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:53 PM

Kets

Nice to dream, but you are the blog champion at that! 🙂

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:53 PM

Paul

Do you think because the league stalls to much Ashley will get sick and walk away?

Mate he isn’t a mug and the one thing we can be thankful for is that he won’t take this lying down. He is a ruthless man who likes to get his own way, until he doesn’t.

He wants out this club he wants the Saudi deal. Whatever money is spent getting this done and I have to add they wouldn’t bother if they didn’t think they had a case, but what money is spent in legal costs is pittance to what this deal is worth to him.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:53 PM

EGB,
    You’re not alone, where does that statement indicate he’s not just after compensation?

• hibbit

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Corkypants no problem mate good new needs to be shared ,

• Northumbrian

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:55 PM

He still has the consortium deposit mund he can use that.
    😉

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:56 PM

Mund,
    If the EPL admit to wrong doing they have to pay damages. Where does it say anywhere that PIF are still interested. All this talk of a no relegation super league makes a sale even less likely than it was after Covid.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:57 PM

hibbit,
    What’s the good news?

• Paul141726

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Mund, so hoping you are right.
    Maybe tonight I will raise a glass to faith (in the solicitors) and hope
    that Mike is the proverbial bulldog, digs in his heels and plows
    ahead—–full steam.

• hibbit

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:04 PM

Jail lighten up mate this is big news even if you don’t think so,
    the club making a public statement like that is a massive slap in the face for the PL, especially when you tale into account the amount of time the PL have used NDA’s as a get out of jail card,

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:07 PM

hibbit,
    What do you mean lighten up. I’m asking a question, where’s the good news?

• Novocastrian66

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:08 PM

JFA; Ashley’s end game is to sell the club, settling for compensation will be a failure.
    This statement tells me that the club feel the EPL have renaged on another confidentiality agreement.
    This could be the basis of the club’s stance that the takeover was not handled fairly in the first place. Hopefully the club has documented evidence that the EPL were briefing third parties which will bring the whole house of cards tumbling down.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:12 PM

Jail I’m not playing this silly back and fro no more with you.

I say what I say and it always ends up with you shitting all over it, so you have your opinion and I’ll have mine

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:13 PM

Paul we just have to sit and wait but that statement is a positive IMO

• Optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:13 PM

A statement, bloody nora.

I said yesterday I didn’t think the PL were in trouble for revealing the court case as Ashley wasn’t happy about it.

Reading this they may actually have dropped a clanger which provides proof they break their own confidentiality agreement.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:15 PM

Has there been a date given?

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:15 PM

OP I did say 😉 jk tho

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:16 PM

Novo,
    I get that, where does it tell us that PIF are still interested. The EPL have done us a wrong in, they’ll be found out and have yo admit they screwed us over. Excellent, we still need the PIF to be interested in buying us though. There isn’t any good news regarding this long drawn out saga until a sale is confirmed. In fact it’s going to make it even more sickening to hear that the EPL have had to pay Ashley x amount of damages the week before he hands Bruce his new three year deal. People are free to clutch at any straws they can just as I can express my views on the situation.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:19 PM

Mund,
    Just please shut up for once will you. If you post an opinion on a blog expect it to be questioned. I’ve replied to hibbit and Novo. Seriously this blog isn’t just about you.

• Northumbrian

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:21 PM

NSCL have just tweeted that they are aware that contents of the letter were being quoted on 5 hrs before they got it and they commented.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:21 PM

Jail wtf is wrong with you??

When are where did I say the blog is about me?

The whole time I’ve posted and you question my opinion and we have this back and fro it never ends well so I’d rather save myself the headache.

Just ignore my posts because you never agree with them

• hibbit

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:22 PM

Jail in my opinion the whole case revolves around the PL and confidentiality and if they included 3rd parties in the decision making,

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:23 PM

Sorry but I’m with Jail on this.

That statement isn’t exactly saying anything other than the EPL have breached confidentially, there is no mention of any intent or course of action that they intend to take over it.

Unless I’m missing something hence my question.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:24 PM

It’s ok to see it differently that is fine

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:25 PM

Mund,
    I replied to both hibbit and Novo yet you say my reply to you is a silly back and forth. You haven’t got a choice in who replies to your posts, it’s a blog not a personal chat room.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:27 PM

Jail I’m talking about the whole time on the blog not just this but you know that.

Don’t ignore me I don’t care I’ll ignore you

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:29 PM

EGB,
    You don’t have to be sorry that you agree with me, my views are very reasonable.

• Munster Mag

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:29 PM

(mund I think Jail needs to join the dots) 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM

Mund,
    I don’t agree with many of BSIB’s views or Lilongwe Geordie’s do you see either of them having tantrums.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM

Haha Munster that was a good one for you