web analytics

Newcastle Release Training Images Ahead Of Chelsea Match

Newcastle United have released some images from today’s training session. The photos can be seen here.

The big news is that Jonjo Shelvey has returned to training. He joins Matt Ritchie as two of the four with long-term injuries back in team training. Dwight Gayle is back on the grass and Martin Dubravka should be close judging by his living room celebration when Slovakia qualified for the European Championships.

There also an unexpected sighting of Paul Dummett jogging amongst the pictures. He reportedly had suffered a hamstring injury that was to keep him out until well into next month. So we’re not sure what to make of that.

As for two of our recently injured stars, Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser, both were not spotted in any of the released images. Fraser is likely to be out longer than Wilson with a hamstring tear. Wilson could be within a shout to play against Chelsea on Saturday, however, that’s probably too soon.

There were a few of our internationals back. Jeff Hendrick, Emil Krafth, and Fabian Schar have returned to Newcastle in time for today’s session. Though there was no sight of Miguel Almiron which is slightly worrying.

Jamal Lewis played last night as a substitute in Northern Ireland’s 1-1 draw against Romania in the Nations League. Ciaran Clark was an unused substitute for the Republic of Ireland in yesterday’s 0-0 draw against Bulgaria.

It’s great to see both Jonjo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie involved again. Of course, we’re really excited that young Elliot Anderson continues to train with the first team. A debut could be coming soon for the midfielder.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Northumbrian

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Regan you smart ar*e I bet your long toe nails helped tho.
    😀

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Captain

I’ve always thought that’s the last thing they would want mate for there dirty laundry aired out for the world to see

• onmeedsun

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:51 PM

I love toon fans. Some of the best days were being down in Cardiff getting done 4-1 by the Manx’s. our fans were simply magnificent, but we don’t even get those days anymore. I think Ashley knows his tenure has run its course, hence the sale. But if he’s still here next season, then what.

• Regan

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:53 PM

North…
    Was the training I got in rampton…
    But I’m all good now mate..

• Uncertain Toon/World

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:54 PM

I hope the Arbitration covers every decision the EPL has made or not made when they should have during the process.

Just hope the arbitror gives the EPL deadlines for stuff or they’ll just kick the arse out of it again.

Can’t see us hearing anything about the actual nuts and bolts of the goings on as Ashley and EPL will have agreed to confidentiality.

Unless the bread maker has other ideas!!!

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Good evening gents, no posts from me in a few months. Wow, club statement. I would imagine lots happening in the background. Let’s all stay positive. Had a run today great weather. Had this on me play list https://youtu.be/lY6XMfj9T8M

• The mighty wyn

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Captain – I’m not sure they want to. Maybe this is all so the can say to the too 6 that someone else made the decision and they couldn’t do anything about it

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:56 PM

Mists of time, conjures up previous great games. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Evening Simmo always good to see old faces pop back up and always takes a bit of positive news.

Imagine what this place would be like if we entered or when we enter 😉 a new era

Be a fun place to be that’s for sure

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Mund, people have no idea what it would be like. Bouncing doesn’t do it justice.
    My take is , the man to look at in the EPL is Hoffman. Dodgy as foot.

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Uncertain

I don’t think we will hear any ongoings of it and for me that’s the best way it could be, even tho it kills us as we would love just to fully open that door of hope and believe in better times.

One day boom and the sleeping giant will of awoken

• RobLeenio

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:04 PM

Evening all. Been an interesting couple of days all said and done.

My opinion is that the only thing the consortium and the premier League apparently disagreed on was the legal relationship between PIF and the Saudi Government.

This to my eyes is the only thing that needs to be arbitrated on.

Can they really come to any other conclusion than it’s a separate entity, when the WTO themselves declared them as such during the investigation into illegal streaming earlier this year?

I think that would be a tough position to hold, honestly. Then again, I’m no lawyer.

• Regan

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:04 PM

As someone said on here..
    We probably have the 3 best lawyers in their field. ..
    Not gonna have all them for a bit of compensation. .

• Mund

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Simmo

Agree 100% Snakey Hoffman entered the frame and it all went south.

Also man wow what a time it would be and hopefully a time where we could celebrate properly as this fan base would go Berkeley’s Menthol.

I’ve held back imagining anything other than an announcement and I know I’ll go absolutely offit the day it would be announced but I don’t even think that would do it justice as all this time including the years of abuse and boom we are the richest most ambitious club in the world….some thought that

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Rob, totally agree with those comments. Let’s hope it will come out in the wash. Irrespective of Saturdays result HWTL. Hope we get something.

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:09 PM

If we get what we wish for it will remind of the day in the lop at Hillsboro, when Malcolm scored the second , mental. I lost me watch, me keys, what a day.

• RobLeenio

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:10 PM

Simmo, you can’t cook spaghetti without boiling water. I reckon the pot’s been on the stove since August and it’s now bubbling away nicely.

We’ll soon be eating our fill

😉

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:10 PM

RobLeenio,
    The word search I entered in to Google the other day trying to find The Bard pulled up your name….. surely not?

• The mighty wyn

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:10 PM

Haven’t been watching it but it doesn’t seem like sky are reporting this
    Bit odd considering it’s a fairly strong criticism of the league

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:11 PM

Bloody spell check, should say KOP.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:11 PM

Someone posted a link on Twitter about how this would work.

Nufc select a person
    PL select a person
    One is chosen between them.

They had 14 days to do this.

Is this right?

Is DeMarco the Nufc choice? No one knows i guess.

Is this ongoing, is it yet to start?

• Simmo1957

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:12 PM

Rob, definitely bubbling under. Let’s keep the pot bubbling.

• The mighty wyn

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Simmons I was standing on top of a concrete barrier that day when supermac scored.
    Needless to say I didn’t manage to stay on it but the pain was worth it for the excitement
    That’s what I miss the most the hope of a day like that again
    Good to see you back robleenio I think we might have a good day coming soon

• RobLeenio

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:13 PM

One thing I wonder is, why have they suddenly decided that arbitration is a valid option, when they previously said that it wasn’t because the premier League hadn’t provided a decision?

Was there something in the latest PL statement that suggested they’d actually turned down the owners and directors test?

• WLtoon

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:14 PM

The mighty wyn,

Sky are shit scared to rock the boat, they are dictated to by the big 6 , just like the PL

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:14 PM

It’s a shame that Mrs Rooney and Mrs Vardy have made the national news over an online spat yet the country’s richest retailer taking the EPL to court hasn’t?

• The mighty wyn

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:16 PM

Rob maybe it’s from de Marco’s advice apparently he knows exactly what’s needed to satisfy the rules

• onmeedsun

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:18 PM

Simmo,
    You’re a lucky man to have been at Hillsborough in 74. What a site that was seeing all our mental fans go nuts. That is what it’s about. Nothing more, nothing less.

• captainmarvel

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:10 PM

It was a crap drive back from Hillsborough, the fog was unbelievable..
    But the match made it all worthwhile..