web analytics

Four Magpies Get Starts For Their Loan Clubs On Saturday

Freddie Woodman manned the nets for Swansea this afternoon as they took on Dan Barlaser and Rotherham at home. It was another clean sheet for Freddie as Swans defeated Rotherham 1-0 on a 28th-minute strike from Matt Grimes. Woodman has 6 clean sheets in his 10 league starts for Swansea. The win moves them up to fourth in the Championship.

It was another start for Kelland Watts as Plymouth Argyle traveled to take on Joey Barton’s Fleetwood Town. It was an afternoon to forget for the Pilgrims as Barton’s boys smashed them 5-1 ending a 6-match unbeaten streak. Kelland wasn’t at fault for any of the goals though a poor headed clearance did ultimately lead to Fleetwood’s second.

Mo Sangare returned to the bench for Accrington Stanley after a long lay-off. The midfielder hasn’t played since the season opener. He was an unused substitute in a 0-0 draw at home to Lincoln City.

Jake Turner started in Morecambe’s 1-1 draw at Scunthorpe today. The Shrimps scored 3 minutes into stoppage time to steal a point on a goal by Aaron Wildig. The midfielder knocked the ball in after Scunthorpe’s keeper made an initial save. The point keeps Morecambe in the top ten in League 2. It was his 14th start in all competitions.

Lewis Cass started in Hartlepool’s 3-1 win at Yeovil Town. The win moves Hartlepool to 7th in the Conference Premier table. Cass has played every minute at right-back since joining on loan.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Defeat To Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• WLtoon

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Regan from prev,

Aye he certainly is a character is Mr Hill lol

• Shoulders knees

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM

Oh dear!
    What can you say about that?

• lochinvar

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:52 PM

We have the fifth worst goal difference in the league.
    Eleven point off the top already
    and Bruce thinks two players did ok

What planet are we on ?

• Regan

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:55 PM

WL. .
    I’d pay the entry fee just to stand next to him mate..

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Bet we’re not last on MOTD tonight!

• Shoulders knees

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM

Egb
    2nd last?

• WLtoon

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM

Regan,

Haha, i might too, but he might ask me `if i want some`, so nah

• lochinvar

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM

One thing is for sure and that’s if and when the PIF come back and the takeover is done then they’ll thank Bruce for his efforts and then replace him.
    Many thought he was an interim manager appointed with that in mind.
    Seems more likely that is the case, especially when you read this. Along the lines of ” it wasn’t me officer the bollard just jumped up and hit my car”

Who coached the team to sit back in deep formation from the start ?
    I’m no Miss Marple but hey let me guess…

The head coach said the following about the game per Newcastle’s Twitter account:
    “We got off to an awful start against a very good Chelsea team and unfortunately we went far too deep in the first half.

• WLtoon

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:01 PM

Listening to Bruce`s interviews before and after every game is embarrassing tbh, any neutral fan listening to him must be pissing themselves laughing.

• Novocastrian66

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:10 PM

Do you honestly believe anyone beside Newcastle supporters listens to the idiot.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:16 PM

2 nil is a pretty regulation defeat and a fair enough reflection of the difference between the squads. Obviously though the way we are playing is more frustrating.

I think we would need to be bottom 3 for Ashley to act during the season, but it does look like the wheels might come off. We are playing like a side that could easily get dragged into a relegation battle and all the stats back that up.

If Charnley and Ashley know anything about football they’ll be worried. Certainly Jamie Rueben will be.

• Novocastrian66

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:21 PM

Joelinton looks as though he has shed a stone. I thought he was decent today.

• Mund

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Liam Kennedy Retweeted

Roberto Rojas
    @RobertoRojas97
    3h
    Interesting stat: In just his 25 minutes coming off the bench, Miguel Almiron was the ONLY Newcastle player to have a shot on target (1), created one chance lesser than Joelinton, who played the entire match (2) & completed 100% of his passes in the final third (6/6)

• Wor Bairle

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:25 PM

Nicky

I’m watching WBA at the mo, they look streets ahead of us on today’s showing.

As did BHA, it’s a worry.

• Moonraker15

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:28 PM

Do you think Bruce knows he’s in over his head, or does he think he’s got a poor team and this is the best we can do?
    I have never seen a Newcastle team in any division so outclassed as we are by these teams this season! Never!

• Moonraker15

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:30 PM

But then I’m “Deluded”!

• magicmac54

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:31 PM

Just doing a bit of catch up as ive been at work today, i see ive missed another classic match today of free flowing attacking football ha ha ha christ thank god i was working today.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:33 PM

How this gets worse it’s hard to see
    Until you find who’s eighth in division 3

• Moonraker15

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:33 PM

Magic
    It was embarrassing and very frustrating!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM

I see aboot 24 points remaining for us in the schedule. I hope I’m wrong aboot that.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Moonraker,
    He doesn’t give a foop about the football, entertainment or how we’re progressing. He has a deal with Churnley to average a point a game and all the fat fooper cares about is self preservation.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM

If you cross the Wealdstone Raider with the Little Waster you get:

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Geordietom !!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Would 35 points save oos from relegation? Hmmm…..

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:37 PM

Just more aggressive –
    And without the humour !

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:38 PM

Howay The Bard, can you reveal your identity 😀

• big bob

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Not sure why benitez getting a slagging off his job was to keep us in league he managed that and 2nd season wasn’t giving any money to improve a mainly championship team had no real attacking flair had to rely on a loan player
    Bruce has Fraser Wilson joelinton maxim 80 million plus I am sure if benitez was giving this money we would be in a better position
    Our own throws and corners we might as well just the ball back to opposition we are clueless
    Was watching the match and commentators says we expect football like the Keegan days that was over 25 years ago do they not understand we just want investment and to see the team give a damn with a bit of ambition

• magicmac54

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Mund i seen your best Newcastle team of the past 25 years wow thats a brilliant team you picked, the only one i would have picked differently mate i would have picked big Les Ferdinand, its a pity big Les and Shearer didn`t play longer together what a fearsome prospect it would have been playing against those two gladiators.

• DrGloom

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:41 PM

Another truly awful display , 2nd was only slightly better than first although I could have played in that game myself for the toon and done no worse than some of our players ..

The fault lays with Bruce , a defeat was expected but the players seem clueless as to what they are meant to be doing and that my friends is down to the coach

• beermonkey

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM

Jail

Did you sort out another iptv provider I am after recommendation

• Wor Bairle

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM

Moonraker

Sorry missed my cue.

No, I’m Deluded!

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:45 PM

Ok. Here we go:

Geordietom once warned on here
    That he had a friend who we all should fear
    He could find a person ‘off the net’
    It made me worry, it made me fret

I was forced to tighten security
    And change my whole identity
    Couldn’t risk a hitman at my door
    Like Tsunki suffered once before

The flak I took from ‘Monkeygate’
    Made me aware that it’s never too late
    So I changed my mail and changed my name
    Changed location and raised my game

I used to be Bants but now I’m the Bard
    Avoiding the hitman now shouldn’t be hard
    When he logs into the murky dark net
    Fake ass ID’s is all that he’ll get

Tom will be confused and ‘hitman’ much more
    When he clocks my address and says “I’ve been here before”
    The thing that I’ve done to thwart dear old Tom
    Is I’ve copied my details from @tsunki.com

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:46 PM

big bob,
    It’s basically the people that are trying to justify their ridiculous notion that we are just as well under The Bruce, now realising how ridiculous they’ve been so are clutching at straws to hide the embarrassment of sticking up for this clown. Is that right Moanster?

• Mund

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:48 PM

About time Bants but got i say The Bard has better craic 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:48 PM

beer,
    I’ve just stuck with hes goals, seems to be working fine.

• mindcompressor

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:49 PM

How many points we can get till end of the year? How do you think?

I think that it will be no more than 6. With that kind of displays we can only think about winning WBA and maybe Fulham. Of course we might have some luck like last season.

Bruce is saying that Joel done well. Hm, what is the difference to him “to play well”? I thought that striker plays well when he is a threat and his shots are at least on target.

I think if Bruce will be still in charge during winter transfer windows we might see departure of ASM and Almiron.

• Mund

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:50 PM

Magic

I deliberated for a short while with that choice but when thinking about it it had to be Beardsley all day long. He was majestic and would IMO be a 100M+ player if he was around today. He was the perfect partner for any striker as he was so unselfish and served this club like a true legend.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:50 PM

It’s a relief to be out of the closet !

• magicmac54

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Moonraker15 How are you fella, i totally agree its so embarrassing frustrating and soul destroying watching our amazing club sink to such depths, and i just cant watch anymore of Bruce`s interviews Moonraker as his interviews are even worse than the puke football we are watching, in my humble opinion if this takeover doesn`t happen asap we will finish up like Sunderland

• Optimistic prime

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:53 PM

Too deep from the start, Nufc are usually deeper than the Mariana trench, its nothing new.

1 2 3 7