web analytics

Four Magpies Get Starts For Their Loan Clubs On Saturday

Freddie Woodman manned the nets for Swansea this afternoon as they took on Dan Barlaser and Rotherham at home. It was another clean sheet for Freddie as Swans defeated Rotherham 1-0 on a 28th-minute strike from Matt Grimes. Woodman has 6 clean sheets in his 10 league starts for Swansea. The win moves them up to fourth in the Championship.

It was another start for Kelland Watts as Plymouth Argyle traveled to take on Joey Barton’s Fleetwood Town. It was an afternoon to forget for the Pilgrims as Barton’s boys smashed them 5-1 ending a 6-match unbeaten streak. Kelland wasn’t at fault for any of the goals though a poor headed clearance did ultimately lead to Fleetwood’s second.

Mo Sangare returned to the bench for Accrington Stanley after a long lay-off. The midfielder hasn’t played since the season opener. He was an unused substitute in a 0-0 draw at home to Lincoln City.

Jake Turner started in Morecambe’s 1-1 draw at Scunthorpe today. The Shrimps scored 3 minutes into stoppage time to steal a point on a goal by Aaron Wildig. The midfielder knocked the ball in after Scunthorpe’s keeper made an initial save. The point keeps Morecambe in the top ten in League 2. It was his 14th start in all competitions.

Lewis Cass started in Hartlepool’s 3-1 win at Yeovil Town. The win moves Hartlepool to 7th in the Conference Premier table. Cass has played every minute at right-back since joining on loan.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Defeat To Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• stan anderson

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:39 PM

1st time in 60 years I haven’t been bothered about the game today.
    I am totally pissed off with AshLie and his coach the cabbage heed.
    I went out with the wife for a walk in the sunshine and did not miss much by the sounds of it.
    I dont think I will bother watching again as long as this shower are ruining my Toon.
    I stopped going 10 years gone when I sussed the fat Barsteward out.
    I,m in my 70th year now and not long left to see us progress to where our fans want us to be.
    So sad,but that’s life as a mag.
    We cant even succeed in selling the club.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:39 PM

geordietom,
    I’ve had absolutely nothing to do with you on twitter and I rarely post on there anyway.

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:39 PM

as i said if jail hadn’t of said owt , this would of fizzled out but he cant …

• Rotonda heights

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:40 PM

Munter

Advanced onset dementia where you keep repeating things endlessly is an awful thing which i genuinely wouldn’t wish on anyone. The process can be accelerated by drinking to excess, so maybe you need to get your liver checked out too.

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:41 PM

jail …

you reacted to a post i put on but you tried to be clever with what you said . so i blocked you …

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:41 PM

remember now ?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:42 PM

Stan Anderson,
    He must be the only manager in the country glad there’s no fans in the ground.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:45 PM

Screenshot that tweet geordietom and I’m sure someone more clever than you will be able to link it on here. In the meantime I’m calling you a downright liar as I don’t even know who you are on twitter and certainly have never mentioned cruises.

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:48 PM

jail . i blocked you cant retrieve them i dont think , so if i do get it are you gonna leave the blog ?

• JohnReese

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:48 PM

It’s obviously better for us if West Brom lose but if you were one of their fans, you’d be fuming with the refs in this game. The standards of refereeing, the consistency is so subpar. Mike Dean gave a handball against Jesus earlier, even though it was clearly off the area of your arm that is not deemed handball anymore. A decision he called the right way round in the last set of fixtures.

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:49 PM

oh you do know who i am on there .

theres only one liar here and it aint me …

• geordietom

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:54 PM

well whats your answer to my question to my post #90 ?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:56 PM

geordietom,
    I really don’t.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:57 PM

Yes geordietom,
    I will leave the blog.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:59 PM

I know you lot aint all vegan but I thought you’d have gave peas more of a chance.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:01 PM

didn’t take long for the foul abuse to appear.

• triggerman

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:01 PM

Could be sheep could it be cow’s no definitely bull haha

• lochinvar

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:02 PM

Jose now has a 1.86 point per game stat

How’s Bruce doing?

• magicmac54

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:12 PM

Stan Anderson, Stan i can appreciate the pain your going through mate, its so sad what is happening to our great club, and the fact your in your 70th year and could not be bothered watching today is so very understandable, iam 66 now stan and have followed the toon from i was a we boy of 7 years of age, its so sad our club is getting distroyed by a con man like Ashley. Keep your chin up Stan all we can do is hope and pray for a takeover in the not to distant future. Take care and keep safe fella.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:16 PM

The shift to 343, from 5311, is at least a step in the right direction.

More width, and another player further forward. Pace in wide areas both ways is pretty critical.

I hope he settles on Longstaff and Hayden in the middle of the park if it is to remain 343, but you can almost guarantee he’ll bring back Shelvey and Hendrick before he can give an 11 a chance to settle.

• jimiley

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM

It defies belief that a manager can play a team at SJP and be so inept and take a wage. Its supposed to be about passion and entertainment even when you lose but this anti football is a disgrace. Playing at home and having 19 per cent of the ball. Utter bollix. Has he no shame.??? Hartlepool would get 19 per cent of the ball. We are supposed to be in the same league for Gods sake. It looked like the Conference against the Prem. A total embarrassment. Shocking. Glad I do not pay to watch it. Could not watch it all even on TV. Bored stiff.

• Greebol1892

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM

Yes well done for making Schar the scapegoat when he ACTUALLY CARES and is ACTUALLY A GOOD FOOTBALLER. The fact we are working under a completely inept manager and useless owner seems to be lost on most fans.
    To have Longstaff as man of the match is dumbfounding as he did absolutely nothing for 80 minutes.
    I turned it off again before the final whistle which is a record.
    Just keep us up, Ashley p*ss off then we will have hope.
    HTL

• Optimistic prime

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Rom

Thats brilliant 🙂

• jimiley

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Bring back the 1990s.
    Proper players and proper tackles and some passion.
    All teams just play side to side footy along the back 4. The weaker teams are so boring because thats all they can do and then pass it to the keeper for a hoof and hope the ball breaks kindly. Footy has become boring in 2020.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:24 PM

Yes, Steve Bruce, totally a clown amongst men.

The writer knows his stuff

• Romford mag

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Op

Made me laugh 😉

• Regan

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:27 PM

OP. .
    Dont be disrespectful to clowns mate..lol..

• beermonkey

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:27 PM

Greenbol

Bruce said that Clark deserved his shot as he had not let him down
    Hard to let him down when he has been injured for ages

Agent crap aside what has miggy done to Bruce to warrant being cast aside

I must thank Bruce I had a lovely nap this afternoon as I fell asleep during the match

• beermonkey

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:28 PM

Romford

Not gonna read it but I saw cunning clever and plan in that link

Is Bruce BALDRICK

• Regan

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Evening guys…
    Thought I’d pop in for a couple of hours..

• Romford mag

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:30 PM

Beer

He not that clever mate 😉

• Romford mag

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Regan

Alright mate how’s you doin ?

• Uncertain Toon/World

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Jail,

I had a look at your recommendations mate, I took onboard what you were saying about subs in general as opposed to certain players.
    With a bit of Starmer hindsight maybe I should have started White today!

Game of chance kidda!!!

• Regan

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:34 PM

All good mate..
    Had a busy few days sorting stuff out..
    How’s you..

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:37 PM

Regan

Wondered where you was !

Yeah I’m good thanks bud 🙂

• Uncertain Toon/World

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:40 PM

It was the Manure game that made me pop a few rivets.

I had nothing but Apathy today, not giving a sh*t, coz under Bruce we don’t expect to win!

I gave Bruce the obligatory 10 games this season, but I must admit I’ve already wanted him gone since Manure.