web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Do At Crystal Palace On Friday?

Newcastle start a crucial stretch of five Premier League fixtures at Crystal Place on Friday. Then it’s on to a resurgent Aston Villa, who are currently doing well in 7th place before three straight against the promotion sides.

This stretch is where Newcastle have to pick up points to remain clear of the bottom three. We’ll likely know a lot more about this team after these five fixtures.

It all begins Friday night at Selhurst Park. Crystal Palace are currently just two points ahead in 11th place. They are coming off a 1-0 defeat at Burnley yesterday so it’s a quick turnaround for them.

They’ll also be without Wilfried Zaha, who recently tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating. Midfielder Luka Milivojevic is also self-isolating but could make his return if he tests negative this week.

Steve Bruce should get Callum Wilson and Jonjo Shelvey back for Friday. Shelvey has missed the last four matches but did return to the bench last week against Chelsea. Wilson missed out on Saturday with his hamstring injury.

There’s been no announcement yet on the availability of captain Jamaal Lascelles, who was forced off at halftime last weekend with knee and thigh injuries. Hopefully, Jamaal will be able to go on Friday.

We didn’t expect much against Chelsea, and our low expectations were met. However, on Friday night, we must see some improvement from this Newcastle side or it’s going to get awfully nervy heading into December.

How Will Newcastle Do At Crystal Palace On Friday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• DrGloom

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:43 PM

On Poch as manager – My opinion of him slightly changed watching the Amazon docu series – I know it was edited to f… but it made him look very poor in press conferences and the dressing room – would still take him though

• hibbit

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:48 PM

DrGloom
    i think there’s better out there but the beauty of Poch at the moment is he’s available ,

• Darnik

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM

Johnj
    Never apologise for your opinion as that is what a blog is all about… People voicing their opinions and for the record I concur on both accounts 😉

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM

84 mins on the clock – 2-0 down – throw in on the edge of the opposition box – big andy is on………. what happens next?

BRUCELESS

• Darnik

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM

DrGloom/hibbit
    To be fair most of would just be happy to get rid of Bruce so to get Poch would be like Xmas coming every day

• hibbit

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Darnik 100000000000000000000000000% agree

• Darnik

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:58 PM

hibbit
    Not that I’ve ever heard your disdain for bruce mind 😛

• hibbit

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM

big fan mate LOL
    #bruceOUT

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:03 PM

hibbit I feel with the first post it was uncalled and didn’t need to be said as you must realise saying that to anyone will get there back up? I know if the tables were reversed it would be the same.

Give me examples and pick some posts of mine that show I’m pushy and over powerful please just so I can see what you mean?

Your smart bloke you must realise anything said in txt form can be took 10 different ways?

Quite a damning verdict you have on someone you don’t know whatsoever and like I said I thought it was uncalled for

• Darnik

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:04 PM

Lol as am I and our opinions were endorsed by the clip that BlackandWhite just shared, only a team playing Bruceball would stoop so low

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:22 PM

I think some mistake pushy for passion but hey ho

• hibbit

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM

Mund I only have an opinion on what you write and how you write it,
    as you so often say this is not the real world, but all i’ve got to go on is what you post on here if that’s different to what/who you are in the real world i would have to ask you why,??

and before you say i’m vanishing. i’m taking the dogs for a walk in the real world

• lochinvar

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:34 PM

Some think this is a ruse to flush Ashley out and spend £300 million on buying Debenhams. That amount of money seems familiar.

Shares in JD Sports could come under pressure after reports in The Times said it was in exclusive talks to buy the whole of Debenhams’ 124-strong estate from its creditors.

The £8 billion company is said to be keen on snapping up Debenhams’ website and gaining access to cheap properties on the High Street.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:40 PM

hibbit

I’m a very passionate person and fan and I know I’ve shown that.

Like I said you need to show me these pushy posts as I’ve posted many many times that its each individual fans perspective so I don’t push anything on anyone.

Your reading txt and I thought you would know what I meant but I will explain.

Txt form has no emotion but we are guilty of taking something wrong in txt form as it can be took so many ways. You don’t hear my voice you don’t see my face. So I don’t think you can have a perception of me in the real world as you don’t know me.

You have a problem with me which is clear and has been for a long time now and that’s fine we ain’t all going to get along but just remember I always try to be civil with you and others, I don’t hold grudges as that would be silly and I’ll always lead with respect.

All this back and fro for something that didn’t need to be said as I was being fine with you but whatever mate I’ve said all I need to say about it now

• GeordieTwo

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM

We don’t want Brucie!
    Boom, boom
    Boom boom boom!!!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM

I’ve been rediscovering the minor trophies we won during the Ashley Era. Let’s see…… errm there was the St. Switham’s Match Play Cup (the other teams were all girls), the North East League of Midgets Tournament Championship (we had the best heading percentage during that one) and the Worst Owner in the Football League Cup (we won that handily for several years). Anyone know any others?

• GeordieTwo

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:51 PM

Wor Brucie has got the team playing exceptional BrucieBall right noo. Looks dysfunctional to me. Rafa would have us humming along smoothly with much better results. I estimate we lose 10-12 points a season having Brucie instead of Rafa. Think how much that means in the table lads! Does anybody have any Brucie Pest Removal equipment we could use on him???

• WLtoon

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:51 PM

Simon Jordan sticking his oar in re Ashley taking the PL to arbitration, we all know how correct he was over the last takeover fiasco so he should keep his trap well and truly shut.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:52 PM

I think we should build a stadium 300M above the old one with freakin glass elevators that travel at 100 kmph

• Not another deJong

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:56 PM

• Ron Knee

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:02 PM

David Quantick@quantick

“I just feel horrible inertia.”

“Really? How do you feel in other Scottish counties?”

• hibbit

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:17 PM

Mund i’ll have to leave you to it but in the real world it’s tea time in the Hibbit household,
    you have a great night in your parallel universe me i’m happy to tuck in to the wife’s spaghetti bolognese and a bottle of vino, in the real world that is,

• Adamn_92

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:18 PM

Not another De Jong

I honestly think he’ll go on to be an amazing manager, already proved himself at Valencia by working miracles. From that article it sounds like he has new game plans for every match, good man management to keep all the players, amazing attention to detail and has a great coaching team with him. Think someone like him would be capable of completely overhauling our entire set up, from training to diet to philosophy. Doubt we’d get him but I’d be happy with him for sure.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Newcastle Consortium Supporters
    @NCSL1892
    6m
    NCSL are delighted to receive the support of The Magpie Group – together we are so much stronger! If you want this takeover, join us all and let’s get these matters made public and lobby your MP for answers now. No more delays and no more secrets! ZebraWhite circleBlack circleWhite circleBlack circle #NUFCTakeover #nufc

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:42 PM

hibbit I thought you would be having chips for tea as you have enough of them on your shoulder 😉

• WLtoon

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:48 PM

There is a question which is bound to crop up, the stadium and if it can be extended. Not sure how that would work with Strawberry Place getting sold.
    Lets forget about that scenario for now, until laters

• Assassins Inc

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Well Cabbage Heid, no Zaha which is there main threat, if you don’t win this fcuking game then be a man and own it and tell MA you just don’t know what the flying fcuk you are doing.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:03 PM

Aah Simon Jordan, definitely in the ‘Has a face you’d love to punch’ category!!!

• Munster Mag

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM

Great article on the Valencia coach. I love reading about these guys.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM

sad when the only good news we get is when the opposition has a key player missing when playing against us 🙁

worked well against Chelski B team mind!

• DubaiMicky

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:13 PM

For what it’s worth, I think something is going on, I won’t get myself excited though, been too depressed too often.

Am watching this, brilliant, just brilliant what we could do in the 80s.

RSPB weren’t happy mind you.

• Adamn_92

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:22 PM

Oh just to put into perspective marcelinos 59% win percentage. Jurgen Klopps at Liverpool is 60.5%. I want this man as manager now ahead of Poch lol

• Uncertain Toon/World

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:22 PM

Makes you wonder what Poch is hanging around for and not taking a club.

Probably the Manure job. Would he really like to take charge at Manure with all the primadonnas, Pogba and them lot. Or would he like to build his own team from the ground up with a healthy cheque book over time?

• cornishman

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:23 PM

I,m at the end of my tether watching Bruce ruin my team. Look at Leeds, up from the Championship with more or less the same team, ok they are on the same points but who would you rather watch. It reminds me of the days of K.K. oh for some of that.
    Please someone take this clown away, as for replacement Poch, Eddie Howe, God knows who else….i,m retiring soon

• Mund

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:31 PM

Uncertain

He is sunnying it up in Saudi getting waited on hand and foot and chilling till he takes the hot seat off Bruce 😉

• WLtoon

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:40 PM

Ile be watching the Palace game with interest on Friday, il`e be interested in the players body language during the game, especially if we go behind.
    I wonder what Bruce has got planned for excuses if we lose against a Palace side missing their best player.
    More than 50% think we will lose this game and that is worrying, i think a draw is the least we should expect but under the current regime then a defeat is probably most likely, what a shambles.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:41 PM

So are we building ourselves into another takeover frenzy where any bad news is dismissed out of hand and a picture of a stotty has us rushing out to buy cans#
    🙄