web analytics

Loan Update – Superb Woodman Gets Clean Sheet And Saves Penalty

Freddie Woodman and Swansea have advanced to the next round of the FA Cup. Woodman collects another clean sheet in the 2-0 win at Stevenage yesterday. Former Magpie Wayne Routledge got Swans going with a header in the 7th minute while Viktor Gyökeres added another early in the second half.

Swansea were put under a lot of pressure by League Two Stevenage, who defeated Newcastle in this competition in 2011. Freddie Woodman was called into action with some timely saves. None bigger than the extraordinary penalty save in the 82nd minute on Luke Norris. For his exploits, Woodman was voted as the Man of the Match by the Swansea faithful.

You can see Freddie’s save at the 3:25 mark on the video here. He made another outstanding save at 3:55. For Swansea, Woodman has saved 4 of the 7 penalties he’s faced.

Kelland Watts started in Plymouth’s FA Cup 3-2 win at Huddersfield yesterday. It was a back and forth game with both sides scoring twice in the first half. However, the Pilgrims took the lead with a 70th-minute goal from Joe Edwards.

Rolando Aarons made his debut in the 71st minute coming on for Patrick Jones. However, Plymouth were able to hold off the Terriers to advance to the fourth round.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Defeat At Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:37 PM

Tackle didn’t I squash that theory?

To be clear I haven’t been moderated mate just staying away from the blog

• Not another deJong

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:37 PM

Following the entertaining and patriotic #nufc matters zoom chat with Kieth Patterson, lack of blog article and some slightly misleading propitious summaries, I thought I may attempt a balanced recap.

From memory Kieth established his credentials through his previous attempts at assisting with fan groups, a similar £25m legal case he has previously undertaken with one of his own businesses and the fact that he is using his own money, time and effort to ‘get in the room’ with those in the know.

Despite being unable to comment directly on the legal case or offer a time line, he confirmed the club have also started proceedings in an effort to primarily push through a transfer of ownership. Which despite his reservations for the owner he could only urge every Geordie to get behind. Suggesting “that you wouldn’t mouth off to your future ex-wife whilst entering the divorce court”.

Admiring the work of Amanda Stavely and wanting to reflect the name of the PCP group, the Consortium had a very strong case and more to reveal/question, Kieth confidently declared. Also letting slip that his lawyers gauged the PL response from B&B as a “2 out of ten response” to the real issues of the case. Perhaps hoping that they would suffocate or eventually settle the anti-competition case before getting to argue their flimsy defence in court.

Kieth was apologetic towards those that he may have given short shrift or even blocked on Twitter, declaring his resources and energy were better utilised elsewhere in the push for an outcome all aspire. He had initially not intended to become a figure head by using a limited company and was not used to the slings and arrows of publicity, wishing to retract back to enjoyable conversations “down the pub”.

Having the utmost confidence that the Premier League have been delinquent in there actions and possessing the public documents to support such a claim, Kieth believes that both legal actions can not fail. Whilst his team are ready and waiting to proceed, he believes the Nick deMarco team representing the club may start to get underway this month. On his belief in the strength of the case and without any impediments, this would then allow the transfer of ownership to be completed in March. Knowing that all parties are still in favour of proceeding, but relegation is perhaps a factor that may jeopardise the completion. He stressed how irritated the PL must be and consequently strongly hinder the issue from being resolved, but still predicted a resolution by the end of the season.

On the whole I took Mr Patterson to be an honest individual who had won the day on many occasions in his business life. Providing him with the affluence to be more than comfortable and even wasteful, on what some may term a fools errand and many of his friends have said as much. However he will deserve celebrating if the KSA PIF takeover is eventually successful for standing up for what is right in the face of Goliaths and showing how ‘canny’ Geordies can be.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:39 PM

From previous

m glad Mund has been blocked, couldnt stand him.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:40 PM

Mund

No you didn’t (unless your quashing post was removed).

you did pop in and leave – but didn’t say if you’d been moderated or sin binned.

The Tsunki mentioned a few had been moderated so I asked who…

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:40 PM

Unlucky last night, especially Andy Carroll who gave them a torrid time all over the pitch. Maybe he shouldn’t have missed that chance but he was there and all CFs miss chances. Would love to see him partnering Wilson. When he came off we were a weaker side.

Some very good performances too. Dubravka slotted right in. Ritchie, Hayden, the youngster and others did their best. Did Yedlin grow by about six inches or was it the do?

Of course we’re still more graft than craft but we gave them a game and could’ve won.

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:41 PM

One ongoing criticism.

Throw ins.

Nobody wants the ball. Or rather there’s usually two of ours vs four of theirs competing for it.

Result? We ALWAYS lose it.

Next session, four hours: how to retain a ball from throw ins.

I have some suggestions but aren’t they obvious?

• Mund

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:43 PM

Tackle

I popped in to squash the theory of me being moderated as I was told the rumour was going about.

I also posted on an old thread during this time to prove it.

I don’t think anyone has been moderated mate, well I know I haven’t I’m just stepping away.

But you can’t stop wild theories on this blog that’s for sure 😉

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:45 PM

Mund

OK, well and truly quashed now mate.

Wild theories and conspiracies on here – not a chance – you must be thinking of twitter.

🙂

• Pottsclock

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:48 PM

Cpyrus. Couldn’t agree more about throw-ins. Have been shouting at the telly all season. No movement. No variation and always goes to the same 1 or 2 players who then pass it back to the person who took the throw in. We may as well assume defensive positions and just throw the ball to the opposition – we’d be better off.

• Mund

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:51 PM

Tackle

Things are hotting up mate and hopefully my next post will be

The Sleeping Giant has Awoken… 😉

Take care be safe

• DubaiMicky

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:57 PM

Great summary Not another deJong.

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Potts,
    I like your suggestion. Maybe a cunning plan would be to let the opposition take em.

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Hi Mund, good to see you’re still in fine fettle. Still on the Captains bus? Or has the positivity level dropped a few notches? – Me, I’m still confident just wouldn’t want to attempt to put a date on it, hoping before end of this Season is as good as it could get 🙂

• Asi Fish

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:06 PM

Sounds good to me bob

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:08 PM

A quick Hi, to Munster, Dubai, Carltoon, Tsunki, Gothmog, Jail, WL, Hibbit, Lesh and if he’s listening Tom, all of whom I’ve spoken to at length in the past. If you feel I’ve missed you out, I’m sorry but I’ve been away a while and the old memory is not what it was. There is no malice in my omission just a crap memory – cheers to you all. 😉

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:09 PM

See what did I tell you, just post and up pops ASI, sorry mate 🙂

• jane

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:10 PM

“just staying away from the blog”

it’s getting quite a few hearts 🙂

• Not another deJong

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:14 PM

DubaiMickey – thanks
    Give Ryder a run for his money but I will stick to the day job.

• Asi Fish

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Ha ha cheers bob – just looking in as been away travelling.

Jong – good read that

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Here’s a thought, I’ve realised I’m not a true supporter. I’m a fan, but not a supporter.
    To be a supporter, I suppose you have to give something to the Club, like buy a ticket, or merchandise or something along those lines.
    I’ve not done any of that for the last eight or more years, although I had a Sky sports subscription for most of that time. I gave that up last year and have no intention of renewing, so my last vestige of “support” is gone!
    I hope you’ll still speak to me, as a fan, but obviously my voice is weaker than many on here who are long time Season Ticket holders and have therefore been “supporting” the club.
    I still don’t shop at Sports Direct, I no longer shop at House of Fraser, and never buy any brand associated with MA. However, I sincerely wish him all the very best in his endeavours to sell our club. – Who knows it may lead to me “supporting” again in as many ways as I can!

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:27 PM

Cyprus, agree about the throw ins, we’re bloody awful with them, most of the time.

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:29 PM

While I was away, Jib disappeared, has he been naughty again or does he have a new persona?

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:30 PM

Tackle – no I wasn’t saying anyone had been moderated, I was asking. I’m just picking up on what Ive seen and heard from others.

TBF though I don’t buy mund just staying away for a break seeing as i thought he was installed as the blog rough – living resident 😀 complete with sleeping bag, cardboard mat and wretched tiny dog on a piece of washing line. Speaking of which, where’s geordietom?

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:31 PM

I’m definitely hearting post#1 as well Jane.

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:32 PM

Cleveleys Bob – yeah Jib has definitely been spaced. Straight out the airlock. 🙂

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:34 PM

bob

I think the majority of the blog has been moderated or banned if you believe the blog rumours from the few who survived or returned.

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:40 PM

Leeds getting schooled by… Crawley.

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:42 PM

The Moderators Club isn’t very exclusive apparently. That old saying “I wouldn’t join any club that would have me as a member” (Twain? Can’t recall that sorry) Springs to mind

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:42 PM

Crawley 2 Leeds 0

Oooops !!

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM

Groucho Marx.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM

Tsunki

Wasn’t that Groucho Marks ?

• Ron Knee

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM

Groucho Marx.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:44 PM

Marx

Stoopid spellchex

• Not another deJong

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:44 PM

Car crash victim bumps off Leeds?

Could be another in success for Crawley like ManU in 2011

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:46 PM

#NUFC have admitted defeat in their pursuit of Brandon Williams, with Manchester United having ruled out allowing the youngster to leave on loan this month. [Northern Echo]

Maybe just get Jetro in and stop pissing about eh?

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM

I largely left to escape the interminable “vegan” inspired rows that had become a daily feature and almost made the blog unreadable, you had to plough through so much crap to find a thread of decent chat. It coincided with me going “off the grid” with regards to social media, news outlets etc. Just so I could refresh myself mentally away from the constant bad news and (at that time) spiralling takeover stuff that was getting out of hand in many ways. I enjoy spirited discussion, but not the name calling nonsense that can often follow a defeated argument, I don’t see the point in that and will avoid it wherever possible. I was finding myself being “dragged” into stuff (mainly on Twitter) but occasionally on here as well, and thought it better to step back.

• Ron Knee

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM

Groucho Marx also said: “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.”

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM

Something tells me it was Groucho Marx. Karls brother.

Leeds are doing a Crawley then!

• Tsunki

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:50 PM

You can see when I say “I can’t recall” I am a man of my words. 🙂 It also proves I am not jib once and for all because he would have googled it first. Like I should have. 😉

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:52 PM

Tsunki, well neither of us is in it, so there’s hope.

Are Leeds prioritising the PL or just being overrun?