web analytics

Loan Update – Superb Woodman Gets Clean Sheet And Saves Penalty

Freddie Woodman and Swansea have advanced to the next round of the FA Cup. Woodman collects another clean sheet in the 2-0 win at Stevenage yesterday. Former Magpie Wayne Routledge got Swans going with a header in the 7th minute while Viktor Gyökeres added another early in the second half.

Swansea were put under a lot of pressure by League Two Stevenage, who defeated Newcastle in this competition in 2011. Freddie Woodman was called into action with some timely saves. None bigger than the extraordinary penalty save in the 82nd minute on Luke Norris. For his exploits, Woodman was voted as the Man of the Match by the Swansea faithful.

You can see Freddie’s save at the 3:25 mark on the video here. He made another outstanding save at 3:55. For Swansea, Woodman has saved 4 of the 7 penalties he’s faced.

Kelland Watts started in Plymouth’s FA Cup 3-2 win at Huddersfield yesterday. It was a back and forth game with both sides scoring twice in the first half. However, the Pilgrims took the lead with a 70th-minute goal from Joe Edwards.

Rolando Aarons made his debut in the 71st minute coming on for Patrick Jones. However, Plymouth were able to hold off the Terriers to advance to the fourth round.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In FA Cup Defeat At Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:54 PM

On Lee Charnley -“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don’t let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”

• cleveleysbob

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:55 PM

It’s much more fun trying to get through life without Google, but when your memory gets as bad as mine, it can lead to difficulties 😉

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:56 PM

Crawley 3-0

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:57 PM

Bob

Yeah V*gangate was a tough time to read the blog but there are still some tough days.

I mean this morning Jail tried to post a poem he had written! Thankfully Neil took it down within a record time of 2 minutes but still, a dangerous time to be on the blog.

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:57 PM

Cleveleys that’s the club I am a proud member of. The one that people with patchy recall are part of. What’s it called again?

• Not another deJong

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:58 PM

Biels’up

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:59 PM

Yeah that was close iaciddentally read jail’s poem but thankfully Neil saved me in the nick of time. I think he posted it on the dark web instead.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:00 PM

Are Crawley going to bring on that ex-radio 1 DJ ?

😀

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:01 PM

Jail

just playing really 🙂

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:04 PM

He’s not jail. He privately messaged me to say how relieved he was that awful poem got batted out. True story. I can screenshot the Twitter comment as proof.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:08 PM

So have Crawley subbed Mark Page or Steve Wright or whatever his name on yet? I like to keep up with pop culture y’know 🙂

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:09 PM

Bit desperate here today. I’m actually missing V3gangate a bit…

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:14 PM

On throw ins, they are actually an indicator of a glaring problem ( see how slickly I moved through the gears to football? Watch and learn folks..) we have which is desperate lack of movement. The spells where we do better are when we close down quicker when we haven’t got the ball, and when we try to lose markers to get ourselves forward mostly because it’s an all or nothing end of game thing. Most of the time though we are like statues it’s no wonder the players look exhausted from holding the ball above their heads for five minute spells. I swear yedlin nearly fell asleep on his feet taking a couple of these yesterday.

• Not another deJong

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:15 PM

There once was a man from South Shields
    Who’s expertise was in oil fields
    He told folk he had written a poem
    But had nothing at all to show’em
    A bit like the time when…….

• hibbit

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:16 PM

Gothmog’s Pyjamas

has Ashley’s jet landed yet ?

• cyprus

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:25 PM

So Crawley n.16 Tom Nichols, who had so much time and finesse on the ball, against first team Leeds players… the kind of confidence we need…. Was wondering how much he makes.

34,000.

A year.

• Assassins Inc

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:33 PM

Going back to Anderson, please don’t send him out to another club and ruin his career, let him learn from the players in the first team, it looks like this kid has something about him, Bruce please remember Newcastle always looked a great club when local players were in the team. As for Andy, story of his life really, he could have been but just doesn’t put the ball in the net enough. Shame really, but for me again, get rid of the man bun, will add 2 extra MPH to your run.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:34 PM

A tribute to the Bard:
    The Bard what a shame his poem is lost
    Discarded in to space it was callously tossed.
    A certain poster he just couldn’t face it
    So made a complaint and I had to replace it
    Some famous crime fighters we’ve had in the past
    Long in our memories will these characters last.
    Holmes, Miss Marple & Hercule Peroit modern day marvels like the shabby Colombo.
    No matter how complex the case was to solve
    They dug in deep never lessening their resolve.
    But let’s face it they had it too easy a five month old tweet would have sent them all queasy.
    When these intrepid sleuths finally cracked a case the first thing they’d do is show their face
    Inspector Clouseau is a maverick detective
    Presenting evidence he knows is ineffective
    Lt Colombo would ask just one more thing
    Inspector Clouseau says he ain’t saying a thing.
    Holmes was meticulous down to the wire
    Inspector Clouseau best answer is “I ain’t no liar”
    If I was the judge I’d hold IC in contempt for the forging of tweets he’s made himself look bent.
    The longer he leaves it without closing this case
    The more and more egg ends up on his face.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM

All the other big clubs can get through round 3 without a problem

Chelsea dispatched Morcambe
    Man City dispatched Birmingham
    Crawley dispatched Leeds

Now I don’t feel so bad about our result.

Bielsa out!!!

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:36 PM

There is a rig sparky from Shields
    Chewing on while his op slowly heals
    With some radgie on twitter
    But he is not bitter
    ’cause he’s chuffed with his mobile phone deals.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:40 PM

Waiting for the S21 Jail. I know you’re jealous now i can feel the heat from here ha ha. My missus got the S20 much better than the phone i have. I won’t mention what it is though, you’ll just laugh.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:44 PM

I’d have preferred the s10+ Tsunki but couldn’t find one new from a reputable seller.

• The Rev.Jim

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:46 PM

Jail @58
    Watch out you will have the Klay twins after you.
    Them two so called geordie hard men
    “I’m hard me”
    “I dare you to tell me to my face”
    “Here I will fly you to Turkey and bash you”

Seriously though,Who here knows of any Hardmen who feel the need to tell you on a blog.
    We all know real hard men and I bet not one of them needs to go on a blog and act hard.
    I know who needs to do the growing up.

I stopped posting because of all the crap being spouted on here.
    It just shows they have no Respect for Dr.Ed or Neil,and to me they should have had a ban.Even Jib wasn’t as bad as them Klay Twins,and look what happened to him,

schhhh he’s behind you 😉

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Argos on your blacklist jail? 🙂

• The Rev.Jim

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM

I wonder who the other 10 will be against Sheff.Utd.
    Joe9 is nailed on to start

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:51 PM

I’d take a free holiday to Turkey now after I’ve cancelled three trips now thanks to covid. 🙁

And yeah I’d accept a baseball batting as part of the deal. It’ll remind me of my honeymoon so that’s a plus

🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:59 PM

Argos don’t sell them Tsunki.

• The Rev.Jim

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:09 PM

I wonder what the truth is in playing Joe9 every week.
    everybody and their granny can see he’s awful.
    He never breaks sweat,cant head,first touch is awful,
    I’d give Gayle and Wilson a chance together,with Fraser playing the 10 (when fit)

• The Rev.Jim

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:19 PM

I honestly think Joe 9s troubles started with him getting the number 9 jersey.
    Who’s bright idea was that.The bruce is a so called fan,yet he didn’t ask joe9 to change with Wilson and take some pressure of him.

To hear the bruce keep saying he’s a fan is an insult.

“We haven’t been to a semi-final in who knows how long”

That really made me angry,can he not remember we played his darling team @ Cardiff not too long ago.The blokes a gobshite.He’s very very lucky there’s no fans allowed in.We need to beat Sheff.Utd, and not play not to lose,or
    were doomed capt.Manwairing doomed

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:27 PM

The Rev Jim,
    Being given the number 9 shirt, the massive price tag coupled with zero competition for his place and a manager who didn’t have a clue who he was or how to use him. Also with orders from above that he must play no matter what.

• DubaiMicky

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:33 PM

I know it’s a bit early for the nightshift – but does anyone remember Toyah Wilcox?

(She’s wearing black and white)

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:34 PM

Jail, me olde FPL guru

If I activate my FreeHit can I keep changing it till Tues at 1630?

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM

I remember her having a more discreet corset.

Apt that she once sang Thunder in the mountains

• Munster Mag

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM

Watched the 2 hrs of Amigos. Staggering stuff. Keith is incredible. I hope his health is OK, you’d worry for him in some ways. Awesome individual. I’ll have to find the stuff where he talks about our old Europe days and Supermac and sit my lad down to listen to it.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM

Posted about this previously. Throw ins. A lot of players do not know the rules for correctly throwing the ball back into play – refs do not pull them up for a foul throw. Really annoys me.
    Links up as well to the incorrect assessment of VAR – nowt the matter with the system – just poor interpretations of what happened – due mostly to lack of knowledge of the game.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:42 PM

UT/W,
    You most certainly can, but hold off as long as you can before activating it in case they cancel the football. We might not even find out if Spurs Villa is cancelled until after deadline.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:47 PM

Cant see the villa -Spurs game going ahead.
    villa – Everton 50-50.
    villa – city probably will as i dont think villa could handle rescheduling 3 more games.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:53 PM

Lovin this Marine Spurs fixture

C’mon Marine – this is what the FA cup is about.