web analytics

Pundit Predicts Misery For Newcastle At Bramall Lane

BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson has made his predictions for this round of Premier League fixtures. He is predicting Newcastle to lose 2-1 at Sheffield United.

Here is some of Lawro’s reasoning behind his prediction:

Newcastle are on a poor run themselves right now, taking only two points from their past six games and going out of the FA Cup at Arsenal.

I know Newcastle don’t do all-out attack whoever they play but surely they won’t just sit back at Bramall Lane? I wouldn’t understand that, because this is obviously a very winnable game for them too.

I don’t think there will be much in it, but I am going with the Blades here. They are bound to break their duck in the league at some stage, and at least they will have a bit of confidence after the weekend.

I know people will say it was ‘only’ Bristol Rovers they beat, but a win’s a win when you are in a situation like they are.

Lawrenson seems convinced that Sheffield’s FA Cup win over the weekend will spur them on to pick up their first win in the league. The Blades have a tough three matches after Tuesday with games against Tottenham, Manchester United, and Manchester City to close out January.

Bruce spoke about his determination to play higher up the pitch after the FA Cup loss to Arsenal. There was a genuine commitment to do that on Saturday. So hopefully, we won’t see Newcastle sit back at Bramall Lane tomorrow.

Newcastle have scored just once in the past five matches. While Sheffield got three goals (though one was a Bristol Rovers own goal) over the weekend, they’ve managed just 8 in the league all season. So this could be a low scoring affair tomorrow.

Needless to say a defeat at Sheffield United would be disastrous. I don’t even want to entertain that notion right now. So let’s hope Newcastle can put in a performance and keep Sheffield in the realm of the winless after tomorrow’s match.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Sheffield United On Tuesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Adamn_92

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:34 PM

I wonder what odds you would have got at the start of the season, for Sheffield United to end the season with 10 or less points…

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:35 PM

some serious crawling going on here !!

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:35 PM

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano
    Moises Caicedo deal. Negotiations are progressing between Independiente del Valle and Brighton. They’re leading the race, confirmed – also Newcastle were trying in the last hours. Work in progress for the ‘work permit’ too.

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:38 PM

Some serious stirring still I see.

Lead by example that’s what I’m trying now.instead of battling.

What is the definition of insanity?

• Adamn_92

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:41 PM

Mund I apologised to you again earlier, can you lead by example and please finally apologise to me? That would really show a change of direction and avoiding battles and starting afresh 🙂

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:45 PM

the Dennis wise scouting summary of moises Caicedo – the 19yr old CM we are losing out to Brighton for – if the rumours are true. Which they probably arent as he isnt on loan..

• lesh

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:45 PM

Ashington

It can never be too late. If it’s successful it’d stop the idiot being Pres again.

• TheTinman

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:47 PM

Hahahaha the irony of some of these posts.

• lesh

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:47 PM

Hibbit

Don’t fret, Jib hasn’t gone away.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:48 PM

lesh – what about Trump chicken. Spotted any yet?

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:53 PM

Adam

I don’t know what I’m apologising for? If it’s because I think you are an alt of another poster it’s hard because it was an opinion and at the time everyone but me was carrying it on as I didn’t care to debate about it and tbf we hardly interact with one another so those arguments we have supposed to of had I don’t understand.

You have had some choice words to say about me when I went away but it’s a blog and people have there views and opinions it can’t be helped.

If I’ve caused you upset with anything I’ve said or done then I apologise and I mean it, sorry.

• lesh

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:57 PM

Tuff

No chance of crap chicken yet. Northern Irish supermarkets having problems getting food in from the mainland!

People are beginning to wake up to what they voted for.

• The Wife

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:58 PM

geordietom,

I don’t think I’ll have time to be Blog Moderator, but I will try to pop in more often and see what’s going on and have a chat with everyone. 🙂

• Adamn_92

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:01 PM

It was for repeatedly claiming I was someone I wasn’t, even when evidence said otherwise. Regardless of your opinion on it, I did tell you multiple times it wasn’t nice so the right thing to do was apologise. I know I’ve had choice words and that’s also my opinion which I stand by, but likewise I apologised to you for any potential upset I’ve caused and for an ongoing drama whatever you want to call it lol

I accept your apology though and we can end it here and put this stupid thing to bed, so thank you I appreciate it.

• magicmac54

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:03 PM

Mund

Well done lad in apologising to young Adam, i knew you two lads would make it up at some stage, you always wear your heart on your sleeve and your a passionate and loyal Newcastle fan, that will do for me all day long.

• Zorro

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:04 PM

Why would you have a blog moderator you snowflake pc woke idiots moderate that and stick it up your deluded backsides
    This is the worst blog in the league for football as most of you know bugger all what your talking about
    Its a pensioners blog
    BRUCE OUT BRUCE OUT BRUCE OUT

• geordietom

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:06 PM

magicmac …

gets a Saint hood for being the peace keeper on the blog 😀

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:07 PM

that’s the naughty step for you my boy, hopefully permanently???

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Zorro for moderator!

• Adamn_92

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Always funny how people call others snowflakes usually do so in a really agitated and angry way, almost like they’re the real snowflake 🙂

• WLtoon

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:09 PM

I think it`s time to put a full lockdown in place for at least a month, the covid figures just keep going up and up no matter what tiers or restrictions an area finds itself in.
    Watching the news tonight was not good viewing. Something must be done sharpish, or this year will be the same as the last one.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:09 PM

anyone seen the snow forecast for Weds afternoon – Thursday night?

thank god im not back to work on Wednesday through Saturday…oh wait 🙁

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:10 PM

WL

no no no to lockdown .Iv just played my Wildcard in Fantasy Football so need the next 3 games to be played or its wasted.

after that, fill your boots.

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:11 PM

Magic

How’s it going my man? 🙂

You have always knew me as me if that makes sense? Lol

Others like to paint a bad picture of me and drive that hate but I’ve always tried to bring positivity to the blog and for the fans reading it but I did lose my way and fell guilty of a lot of it and can’t argue otherwise but that isn’t me that’s somebody else, so in hindsight I’m ashamed of getting into such childish spats as I’m a grown man with kids and it’s unacceptable on here and it’s unacceptable to me and I let myself down.

But onwards and upwards and just try to show that’s not me and lead by example

• magicmac54

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:15 PM

Geordietom

Hi Tom, ive been called many a thing in my time but never a saint, i can tell you i would never in a million years be worthy of that title ha ha ha, so how do you think we will get on tomorrow night against Sheff Utd Tom?

• coming home

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:15 PM

Mund

Don’t be hard on your self for not taking crap
    Your a passionate character and a good blogger

No harm in standing up for your self lad
    And you make good reading on here

• WLtoon

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:17 PM

GP.

Tut tut, shame on me for not giving FF a consideration haha

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:18 PM

The Wife

You know the saying, America sneezes and the UK catches a cold, so yes we still take an interest in our old colony! 🙂

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:19 PM

CH

I respect you on here more than most mate and you have always said it how it is and for that I’ll always be grateful.

Shame on me tho for letting the passion get the better of me and since I stood back and looked I thought what am I playing at, getting in such avoidable situations.

Back to the positive lad I was mate.

You’re a top man in my eyes CH

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:20 PM

Incidentally I’m one of the minority who have voted win!

Got to be right some time! 🙂

• WLtoon

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:23 PM

magicmac,

You are certainly the top gent on the blog, you always have a good word to say, in fact i don`t think i have heard you call anyone on here, not in an aggressive way, if you do take umbrage it`s more like a quick clip around the lughole for the offender lol.

• magicmac54

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:25 PM

Mund

Yes ive always knew you, and never judged you in a negative way my friend, its good to see both you and Geordietom back on the blog, as far as iam concerned we are all on the same side as Newcastle fans, i love talking to all Newcastle fans on here, and i can honestly say ive never had a problem with anyone on this blog, we might not always agree on everything, but we can at least show each other respect and agree to differ.

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:25 PM

calls for the naughty step and a moderator
    not been on all day what have i missed

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:27 PM

Zorro

You should show more appreciation for pensioners, we could be you main source of food in ten years time! 🙂

• magicmac54

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:28 PM

WLtoon I do give of to much on here about Ashley to be honest, but i think we have all got good cause to have a go at Mr Ashley ha ha ha, ok back laters away for a shower.

• Great White Hunter

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:28 PM

Glad to see you back on the blog Mund,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now how about some positive news from twitter in the next few days….lol, cheers.

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:31 PM

Lesh aye ya right marrar,I let my emotions get away from me for a sec,
    That’s exactly the purpose here,to stop him running again.Which according to the craic was a shoe in!!! :{

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:31 PM

Well said magic and we don’t live in a fantasy world do we where everything is sweetness and light. We just have to try and not let it boil over to the nastiness and having the last word which I know I’ve been guilty of and we won’t all get along but we are all Newcastle United fans so at least we can start with that as a pedestal of respect.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:33 PM

beermonkey

You must have missed the directive.

You have to read through the last ten threads, find any comments that may be even mildly offensive and write out a 500 word report on each of them and send them to the blog moderator. Which may even be you as you were last on!

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:34 PM

Mund and Tom please stop hearting each other,it’s not clever and it’s not funny!!