web analytics

Pundit Predicts Misery For Newcastle At Bramall Lane

BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson has made his predictions for this round of Premier League fixtures. He is predicting Newcastle to lose 2-1 at Sheffield United.

Here is some of Lawro’s reasoning behind his prediction:

Newcastle are on a poor run themselves right now, taking only two points from their past six games and going out of the FA Cup at Arsenal.

I know Newcastle don’t do all-out attack whoever they play but surely they won’t just sit back at Bramall Lane? I wouldn’t understand that, because this is obviously a very winnable game for them too.

I don’t think there will be much in it, but I am going with the Blades here. They are bound to break their duck in the league at some stage, and at least they will have a bit of confidence after the weekend.

I know people will say it was ‘only’ Bristol Rovers they beat, but a win’s a win when you are in a situation like they are.

Lawrenson seems convinced that Sheffield’s FA Cup win over the weekend will spur them on to pick up their first win in the league. The Blades have a tough three matches after Tuesday with games against Tottenham, Manchester United, and Manchester City to close out January.

Bruce spoke about his determination to play higher up the pitch after the FA Cup loss to Arsenal. There was a genuine commitment to do that on Saturday. So hopefully, we won’t see Newcastle sit back at Bramall Lane tomorrow.

Newcastle have scored just once in the past five matches. While Sheffield got three goals (though one was a Bristol Rovers own goal) over the weekend, they’ve managed just 8 in the league all season. So this could be a low scoring affair tomorrow.

Needless to say a defeat at Sheffield United would be disastrous. I don’t even want to entertain that notion right now. So let’s hope Newcastle can put in a performance and keep Sheffield in the realm of the winless after tomorrow’s match.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Sheffield United On Tuesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• WLtoon

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:34 PM

GWH,

Did you watch Football matters with Steve Wraith last Friday? He had Keith Patterson on the show, it was very good.
    He gave very positive vibes about the takeover.

• Tsunki

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:36 PM

Never thought the threat of being moderated for arguing would cause so many… Arguments ๐Ÿ™‚

There’s some sycophantic hand wringing going on here today ha ha some people here need “vehicle reversing” speakers fitted ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:36 PM

Goth

Will Wilson play and should I make him captain?

Are we going to actually attack the Blades?

I’ve activated my freehit, blinking hard work that was ๐Ÿ™

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:39 PM

Hopefully GWH ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™ve got it all crossed, absolutely everything for the last 8 month!!! The missus is fuming ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hope we do have some update this month as arbitration is going to the next stage and would expect to hear something.

One of the big things I have been waiting for is some sort of agreement between Saudi and the Qataris as without that the door would of remained closed and then we hear the Saudis making semi peace with them with opening the borders and the airways. We then hear that beiN is to start to be reinstated across Saudi which is huge and with those developments and Ben Jacobs speaking some sense and positivity around it for once tells me that huge obstacles have been removed and now doors that where closed will now be open.

Time will tell mate but everyday is a step closer IMO

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:40 PM

essex

bugger that

i couldnt moderate blog there are some name i would ban cos i could not because they done anything wrong

• Great White Hunter

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:41 PM

WLtoon, yes I did listen to nufc matters, I listen to most of them, Patterson was some positive. Guy, good luck to him, fingers crossed all he said comes true ,

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:43 PM

Uncertain

i reckon wilson is nailed on to start bud.

theres a canny good FH team you can make the way the games have worked out, I know the 11 id go for, sadly I dont have it left so im trying to work out the best WC to use, GW19 is the tough one for me.

• Zorro

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM

Shut up about the bloody takeover there isn’t going to be one get over it
    Essex bill how many minutes is there in ten years
    BRUCE OUT BRUCE OUT BRUCE OUT

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:47 PM

5256000 Minutes

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:49 PM

Zorro, whose name in Spanish means โ€œfox,โ€ was likely based on Mexican folktales of a noble bandit who fought on behalf of the peasantry and indigenous peoples.

One in the same? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Tackle from behind

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:52 PM

5257440 or 5258880 depending on whether there are 2 or 3 leap years involved in the 10 years in question.

Schoolboy error there Mund.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:53 PM

but our Zorro is not a noble bandit

more of a nob bandit

O, I like that one

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM

Tackle I did a Jane ๐Ÿ™ what did I expect

• Tackle from behind

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM

I had to take my shoes and socks off

• Mund

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:55 PM

You one of those Hills have eyes people Tackle? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Tackle from behind

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:57 PM

Aye – 78,862 toes

On each elbow

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:59 PM

Goth,

Captain choice is a nightmare.

Kane or Son against Fulham, Bruno against Burnley, KDB against Brighton(Peps played him up top recently), or our very own Wilson who could be chomping at the bit hopefully.

• Just a fan

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:00 PM

The blog.
    What a downer.
    When is there going to be a little bit of mild bickering to cheer us up.
    Not to heavy.

• onmeedsun

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:01 PM

I think the fact that statements have been required to be made about the gadgies on here getting a bit radgie is an indication of how frustrated our support is. The failed takeover and the abject performances on the pitch have messed with most of us. If we had a new owner and could see a football strategy in place we would all be sweetness and light! If we donโ€™t get this before next season I fear the worst.

• Tackle from behind

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:02 PM

Stop moaning Dave

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:17 PM

Bruce talking about the nice little buffer between us and 3rd bottom, priming it early doors in case we get a bad result tomorrow night!