web analytics

Newcastle’s Administrative Lapse Caused Magpie To Be Ineligible Yesterday

Early last week DeAndre Yedlin revealed that he’d been getting the cold shoulder from Newcastle over contract negotiations. The 27-year-old had come back into the fold in December after barely featuring for much of this season.

Prior to his recent string of starts, it was a foregone conclusion that Yedlin would be off either this month or when his contract ended in the summer. However, he remained patient, got back into the team, and put in some decent performances.

So his Newcastle future, while still very likely to be over after this season, was a little less certain after his reemergence in the team. This is what DeAndre said earlier this week:

“At this moment [I want] just some clarity over whether Newcastle want me to stay or whether I can go. Whatever it is it’s something that needs to be talked about pretty quickly because there are six months left on my contract.

“If I am going to leave Newcastle there’s steps I need to take in terms of talking to other teams and things like that. There’s been no clarity.

“My agent has reached out to people at Newcastle and they’ve responded back saying ‘yes we’ll call you’ and there are no calls back. That has been quite frustrating.”

Yedlin was surprisingly absent from the squad yesterday for our 2-0 loss at Villa Park. The situation with DeAndre is even more troublesome than what he has revealed.

The Chronicle has published the following comments from Steve Bruce about why Yedlin was not involved against Aston Villa:

“There’s an issue with his visa.

“I’m not sure quite how quickly it will be resolved, but there’s certainly an issue there.

“We’ll let you know when he’s available.”

Newcastle have reportedly waited too long to renew Yedlin’s work permit and it has expired as a result. The new one didn’t arrive in time for him to play last night. This is a disgraceful way to treat a player whose been with the club for almost five years.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 2-0 Defeat At Aston Villa?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

How Will Newcastle Do Against Leeds On Tuesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:58 PM

Does this come as a surprise to anyone?

I doubt even Yedlin was surprised.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:59 PM

May aswell pay him off.

A month or two too sort?

May aswell let him leave now.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM

Clubs hemorrhaging money, yet it can afford to be lax with its assets.

• Tsunki

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM

They banked on him being gone didn’t they?

• JohnReese

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:01 PM

Repost since I missed the bus..
    OP,

Whilst I agree with that sentiment, I’ll admit to being one of those parents. Maybe not quite to the extent you see getting reported sometimes but I completely switch into coach mode when I watch them play and it’s like I’m watching them in a champions league final or something.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:01 PM

Tsunki

Decent shout

• lochinvar

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:02 PM

Will Charnley get a written warning for not doing his job?

What does he do anyway?

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:02 PM

John

I’m all for constructive criticism, people who are being counter productive should be disqualified from attending.

• hibbit

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:04 PM

on the money with that one Tsunki,
    they thought he’d off the books and gone and it’s backfired,

• lochinvar

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:06 PM

Maybe Ashley is stuck in Florida as he has been disavowed like Abramovic and no Visa, never to return.

Yeah

• Reilly

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:08 PM

Luke Edwards
    @LukeEdwardsTele
    4m
    Newcastle to confirm appointment of Graeme Jones as coach to help manager Steve Bruce https://telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/24/newcastle-confirm-appointment-graeme-jones-coach-help-manager/ but there may well be no players incoming this month. Likely to go down to last few days of window #NUFC

• JohnReese

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:09 PM

OP,

Yeah I have to try and remind myself that I can’t quite demand as much from the kids as I could when I was coaching pros and internationals. Thankfully everyone is quite aware of how intense I can get and usually someone will have a word if they think I’m going too hard.

• hibbit

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM

i watch a bit of under 14s football in yarm, and the team i watch have a parents sin bin, they also operate a 3 strikes and your out system,
    as far as i can tell it works really well,

• lochinvar

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM

“Administrative lapses, club goes into Championship”

“Read all about it, read all about it”

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM

If Bruce doesn’t want Jones, which many have made a good argument he doesn’t, will this not be a further wedge between coaches and players?

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:16 PM

Hibbit

Love that.

John

If you’re teaching them the right things, being hard is acceptable to a extent.

My biggest hate, a defender wins the ball, tries to play it out of defence, gives it away and the parents go insane, screaming “get rid” “you should have booted it away”

Fair enough there’s times to boot it away, these are kids they’ll learn that through playing the game, if you let them.

By constantly telling them to get rid or boot it, they’ll never learn how to play out if defence or take their nan on.

Boils my piss.

It’s not only in defence this type of daft encouragement happens, it’s just more obvious and where most seem to concentrate.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:17 PM

Of defence or take their man on.

Take their nan on, haha

• Not another deJong

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:21 PM

I imagine two training pitches, one with Bruce and players who like his coaching and the other likewise with Jones. Except the one with Bruce will be largely unused.

• JohnReese

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:23 PM

OP,

Definitely, if they’re doing the right things but getting them wrong you can’t be too harsh on them. Just got to encourage them to stick to it and show them where they can tweak things here and there.

I find it quite amusing to think back to when I was a young coach and some of the players I was involved with coaching, some of them were incredible players and I see where they’ve ended up in their careers and if not for my wife convincing me to get a ‘proper’ job, what I might have ended up doing.

• lesh

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:33 PM

Magscar

It goes without saying that you didn’t subscribe to the point you made in the previous thread.

I trust you and yours are well.

• Ron Knee

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:37 PM

@19

“It’s the right football club for you, but it’s the wrong time.”

Well, that’s bollocks.

• toonluvva

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:38 PM

I’m starting to believe that Mr Ashley is currently trying to exact his revenge against the Toon faithful by allowing the club to wither on the vine.

If there is no takeover soon, or more likely not at all, Mr Ashley will simply discount the loss of revenue and strip anything left of value from the club.

Of course some pundits will argue that he will lose millions, but what’s a few million if you can screw the fans into the dirt. His accountants will probably find away to write it off against tax.

If I am correct “the future’s bleak if the future is Ashley.”

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:38 PM

SALMAN@l_005
    The Saudi Crown Prince will shortly deliver a speech regarding the Public Investment Fund….

If he walks out in a newcastle top……….

• lesh

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:38 PM

Optimistic prime

Agreed

Appointing Jones isn’t a very bright idea and the players will be affected by any conflict among the coaches.

And if Bruce ain’t happy with it, he’s likely to issue a back me or sack me ultimatum to Charmless. Don’t hold your breath in the hope that Charnley’ll act on it.

Why can I see a constructive dismissal action looming?

• toonluvva

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM

Is there anyone on the blog who knows how this lapse affects Yedlin’s position as a NUFC player. Could he claim that we are in breach of contract and just walk away having sued us of course for loss of earnings.

Ashley, Barnes & Bishop – the 3 Stooges!

• Romford mag

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:45 PM

GP

I’m our dreams bud 😉

• Jamesthefirst

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM

Bruce pre-match press conference for Leeds.

“They are an excellent side. They’ve been allowed to spend a few bob on some forward players, so they are miles ahead of us now. Gives our work in progress something to aspire to. We did well against them last time. We kept them to five goals. And I’ve told the lads to try and keep it to 4 or 5 because goal difference is a big thing now. If we can knick a consolation goal, it will be a lovely bonus. ”

Sky “Are you worried about your job?”

Bruce “No, Mike has no ambition, and neither do I. We are the perfect match.”

• JohnReese

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM

Toonluvva,

Not at all, it doesn’t have any bearing on his earnings. He’ll still be payed fully. Just means he can’t work, so no training with the club or playing. As a few have alluded to, they were expecting him to be gone more than likely so didn’t bother renewing his work permit. If the club want him to be able to play they’ll need to apply for a new work permit and as I’m not sure he meets the automatic qualification points, it may need to go to an appeals panel which will take time and as his contract is up in 6 months I don’t know that they’d give it.

More than likely now they’ll try and use it to force him out, “leave or you’re not going to be able to play for 6 months.”

• Ron Knee

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM

Maybe Charmless should have noticed too.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:48 PM

Lesh

I’m not expecting it to “steady the ship” if anything this could be the final straw to capsize it.

I’m starting to feel this could be the most ridiculous decision yet!

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM

PIFs gone bust, someone pulled the plug and the oil ran down the drain.

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM

Did Joelinton play yesterday?

• onmeedsun

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM

When we finished 5th all of 9 years ago that was the time for Ashley to invest in the squad, but we only bought Anita. We have never recovered from that lost opportunity and we’re relegated again. Having just wiped our face from that one we’re going for Ashley’s 3rd drop. Ashley decided long ago that no team outside the top 6 could ever compete with them due to much lower revenues. Problem is that Leicester and Saints have defied that model and are showing the way, along with Everton, Villa, Wolves and even West Ham. It could easily have been us if sensible decisions had been made. Ashley is finished, but so is this club.

• hibbit

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:51 PM

Ron maybe Charmless did noticed and the clubs using it as an out ???

• toon22

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:52 PM

Could the club be a bigger shambles if it tried ?
    How isnt cabbage heed sacked yet ?

Wheres Penfold ?

WHATS GOING ON !!!!

• lochinvar

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:54 PM

OP
    Have to wonder if the players have enough of Steve’s other Steves and that there has been a falling out, maybe player power has caused a rift. By bringing in Jones maybe Bruce is being forced into asking for a way out of here settlement that would be something but alot less than paying up his full contract. Classic “negotiated settlement” and noone looses face and Charnley gets more Hob Knobs for keeping within budget. Jones salary and contract will be half that of Bruces.

Like the pilot on Independence Day, “let’s plough the way (or words to that effect for Howe arriving through the back door.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:55 PM

If Charnley or anyone else MISSED it, they should be sacked

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:58 PM

Loch/Lesh

I know as NUFC fans we’re used to conspiracy theories, mainly cos we never get any info, I can’t see this as being a way to force Bruce out.

They ain’t that bright, I doubt they even think we’re in danger.

I honestly can’t understand why Jones would come here atm.

1 2 3 5