web analytics

Newcastle Fans Face A Nerve-Wracking Wait Before Sunday’s Kick-Off

After a weekend in which most fixtures didn’t go Newcastle’s way, this evening begins with another match that will catch the attention of many tense fans. Fulham travel to Turf Moor to take on Burnley in a matchup of the two clubs that surround us in the table.

Fulham are 7 points behind in 18th place while Burnley sit one place and one point above us in 16th on 26 points. This is the match in hand both clubs have on Newcastle at the moment so after tonight we’ll see a better representation of where we stand in the table.

A win for the Cottagers inches them ever closer while three points for Burnley will see them leap Brighton and possibly Crystal Palace if they get a very lopsided win. A draw would probably be considered a decent result for Newcastle as it keeps Fulham away while the Clarets will remain within touching distance.

No matter what tonight’s result is, it doesn’t get any less nerve-wracking for Newcastle fans as both Fulham and Burnley play before our next match at Old Trafford on Sunday. Fulham have a home date with last-placed Sheffield while Burnley host West Brom.

By Sunday evening, Newcastle will have a much better idea of how precarious this situation has become. With some luck, Fulham will still be at least 5 to 6 points adrift with Burnley, and the others just in front of us, not too far ahead.

The nervy next few days start tonight with Fulham at Burnley, who both have picked up 4 points in their last two matches.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Defeat At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• TheTinman

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:42 PM

Forget the nightshifters! It’s the 16:42 first posters on a new page I don’t like!

• Tsunki

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:44 PM

Online just belt up please. Not interested in engaging.

• Adamn_92

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM

They are the worst TheTinman!

• cleveleysbob

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM

Hibbit, it was Umbro he used to own but sold it to Nike, I was totally confused, nothing new!

• DrGloom

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM

I’d prefer Burnley to win, I’d rather keep Fulham 7 points behind than worry about catching Burnley

• Tsunki

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:45 PM

Anyway I’m off for a bit it looks like some “peaceful” nightshift stalwarts are here to generate the conditions to prove their point.

😀

• The Wife

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:46 PM

Can a new, clean article beget a new, clean slate amongst us?

Please?

• Optimistic prime

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:48 PM

Hope so

• cleveleysbob

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:49 PM

The Wife, you tell em girl, there are some on here that would create a row in an empty room! 🙂

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:50 PM

City Chief
    @City_Chief
    Premier League clubs have rejected many of Uefa’s proposals for the new UCL after 2024 – including the awarding of places based on historical performance and a scheduling change that would see the #UCL games played in every month of the domestic season.

• cleveleysbob

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:53 PM

Mund @ 10 that’s good news, it only made sense to a few of the teams who in recent history had a good CL record, guess who? Made no sense to most of the other clubs in league, including us, if passed, probably would have stopped any takeover dead as no future CL participation possible.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:56 PM

Op

I know you have an ongoing feud with Munster But that does not mean I have a problem with you ..In fact I respect what you have done in Life ..you are an ex Soldier and I respect that..your a Decent person..

I have never took sides between you and Munster but can remain friendly with both of you.

Now I know its not like you feel your talking to a real person here as I do you and afford you that respect here ..so have a think.

I will ignore any bad words from you as we are all going through a frustrating time and your life at present and things in general will be getting you down ..we all have problems day to day ..try and find the decent things in your day and embrace that and not focus on the negative and anger.

my words to Munster you talk of from months ago were in jest and between him and I. not sent in any serious way, if it effected you more than I think then it wasn’t sent to you in any way but if it bothered you I was not aware.

I wish you all the best ..really.

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:57 PM

Bobs

That’s what I was thinking as well mate. When I read the article earlier I couldn’t see it being passed but you never know, glad it never tho.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:57 PM

Tsunki

well its simple ..stop bringing it up.

thats the end of it and I wish you all the best.

• Carson80

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Mund more #CANS news ?

• Tsunki

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Do you know what I was going but you saying I’m bringing stuff up? What a hypocrite. I am definitely off now you irritating troublemaker. Enjoy your shift.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:04 PM

Munster your a proper bloody trouble maker you Lad !.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:04 PM

Cant win.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:07 PM

Tsunki

What you having for Tea ?

Beans on toast again ?

We are having Sauteed Mole and chips..canny.

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:07 PM

Carson not quite #cans for us on this one but by all means crack one can’t do any harm 😉

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:10 PM

OLG the chips sound nice but don’t know about the mole mate! But I am one of those picky eaters tbf so can’t much

• The Wife

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:12 PM

Regarding Neil’s article (and stating the obvious – I know), but it’s never good when your fate rests in the wins/losses of others. Steve Bruce would do well to spend the rest of the week watching film and formulating some (gasp) tactics against Man U. You have to take control of your own destiny!

Tsunki, I am going to work on contributing more football-related chatter to the blog – both shifts! 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:13 PM

I think we can’t wish for anything other than a Burnley win. We can really forget any lofty aspirations of matching last year’s heady heights of 13th and even shod be hoping that Palace beat Fulham. Hoping Fulham and WBA don’t pick up points is of paramount importance. While we get some as well of course.

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:15 PM

The thing is The Wife we are talking about Steve Bruce here who is probably still looking for the Betamax to play them

• IITianToon

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:17 PM

Hello everyone from an unprecedented freezing Texas! Getting a taste for what playing at St. James’ Park must feel like in January haha.

@TheWife Mrs. Harrison, just wanted to say it’s been great to have you participate in the blog. Hope Dr. Ed is fine too! Believe it or not I landed a job interview at NC State right before the pandemic started.. would have definitely enquired about the possibility to say hi to the Harrison family! But we all know what happened next haha.

As for the football, I feel like we shouldn’t judge Gayle’s performance from the Chelsea game too harshly.. he is a goal poacher who was essentially playing right wing back most of the game.

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:18 PM

Mund

Not sure whats for tea..ah..hang on Rainbow Salad she said, and dont know whats shes doing with it ..Im off meat …im off fish .. got no real appetite so maybe just coffee now .

• Optimistic prime

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:18 PM

OLG

White wash over it in any way you want.

Your attempt at humour was in extremely poor taste, especially considering what had gone on over the previous few days, personally I don’t believe it was a attempt at humour.

Go ride rough shot somewhere else, The wife has it covered!

It’s your right to take what I say any way you please, as its my right to hold the opinion you’re a stirrer.

You’re welcome to the last word, as I said earlier “You’ve zero credibility”

I’m quite happy to ignore you, I don’t fish or play the guitar, won’t be missing out.

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:20 PM

OLG

Order a kebab lad treat yourself ;£

• hibbit

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:21 PM

a Burnley win is the only result that i see as a positive for us,
    the last thing we need is Fulham picking more points up,

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:26 PM

Op

Im not your enemy kidda.

When I said Munster your eliminated it was in Jest , a joke ..nothing to do with any argument or issue you have with Munster..Munster and me fell out once ..we used to argue the toss on a few issues..we dont hold grudges ..we are mates now ..as it should be on the blog we settle our differences and get on famously.

Lighten up OP.

• Optimistic prime

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:28 PM

What causes the problems on the blog isn’t the debate, its the back handed, sly comments, and others jumping in to score points.

Last night was a prime example.

One poster gets warned, atleast a dozen cowards, come in for a free dig, several happy slapped and high fived, one gloated so much, I think he ordered champagne.

Is that the behaviour of people looking for peace?

I’ve not got involved for a week, whilst people manipulate, goad stir and even ignore warnings to continue to disrupt.

Thetes a large and a mean large portion of the blog need to look at themselves and stop trying to score points.

It’s time to STFU in the words of another.

If you want peace, prove it, don’t talk about it!

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:31 PM

OP

if munster has a pop at me he will get my attention..as I would if I say anything out of turn to him ,,I would expect it..but I would also expect us to work it out and shake on a difference of opinion .

• Tsunki

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:32 PM

The Wife – I appreciate the effort! Just beware the ‘orrible day shifters 🙂

• Carson80

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM

Haha never heard of people eating mole before, what’s it taste like. Don’t think I’d fancy that meself bit like liver.

• toonluvva

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM

No matter what Fulham’s results may be, I think the only way we can be certain of maintaining our PL status is to allow Graeme Jones full rein over team selection and tactics until such time as we are mathematically safe.

As for Bruceless, he would be best employed ordering in the steak bakes, pasties and chips. I think he could just about manage that.

• Carson80

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:35 PM

Think the Bruce would do well to go back to sitting on his tractor.

• Mund

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:37 PM

Look none of us can take the high ground on here when it comes to bickering and arguing and contributing to how it’s been over time.

We should never hold grudges as none of us know each other (bar some) and we are basically txt. We don’t see faces or expressions when posts are sent and they can easily be took the wrong way but granted some are obvious.

I think we could all do with accepting a little light ribbing to be allowed on the blog just never take it to far or get personal.

We are all YAAANITED fans let’s be that or at least try to stave off war

• Online Guy

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM

CArson

HA Was only Joking about the mole .

Got no appetite just now ..maybe eat a Peach.

• The Wife

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM

IITianToon,

Yes, NC State is right around the corner from us! 🙂

I have family in Texas also – have you been affected by the rolling blackouts?

It has been a while since the last ‘Health Update’ entry on the blog, so I will share that Ed is doing the best he can, given the circumstances. His energy is understandably low, and he’s having some pains in his legs. But he and Madeline (his wife) just went for the covid vaccination (1st shot) on Monday and so far, no major ill-effects.

• toon22

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:40 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if cabbage heed would be pleased handing his beloved Manu 3 points

1 2 3 7