web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Sunday?

Newcastle had a drop in their performance on Monday at Chelsea. The final score was 2-0 but it was a waltz in the park for the Blues. However, we didn’t witness one of the horror shows that have been on display at times this season. But it was not to the standard set in the previous matches, of which Newcastle picked up two valuable wins.

Miguel Almiron continued his fine form being one of the better Magpies on the pitch at Stamford Bridge. The Paraguayan has again topped our poll as Newcastle’s best player for his performance on Monday. This is his sixth poll win in the last seven matches.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In Defeat At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Now it’s on to Manchester United for a late Sunday match with the Magpies perilously close to the relegation places. With the game coming on Sunday, there’s still a chance our situation will be even dodgier by kickoff.

On Wednesday, Fulham and Burnley played their match in hand and battled to a 1-1 draw, which is actually a good result for Newcastle. The Cottagers do claw back another point but still remain 6 points adrift while Burnley only jumped to 2 points and 2 places ahead in the table.

They both have fixtures on Saturday that they’ll hope to get something from so we’ll get a better bearing on where we stand after their matches. Hopefully, Fulham won’t get all three points at home against Sheffield United.

Manchester United only managed a draw at 19th placed West Brom last weekend. They’ll play tomorrow in the Europa League traveling to Spain to take on former Magpie Mikel Merino and Real Sociedad.

Newcastle are coming off two straight 4-1 defeats to Manchester United. We held on in the home match earlier this year before the floodgates opened and the Red Devils scored three late goals.

Last season, Matty Longstaff got Newcastle out to a quick start with an excellent strike on Boxing Day at Old Trafford. But the joy was short-lived as the lads were played off the pitch after taking the early lead.

Manchester United have had a few wobbles against teams in the lower half of the table. So we’ll see if Newcastle can take advantage of a hectic week for them. A better start to this one is a must and hopefully, the lads can get a result on Sunday.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:53 AM

Night John boy
    Night Grandma
    And the rest

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:53 AM

Wor

Aye mate I think we are all frustrated and angry with the way the club is run , an owner that isn’t interested , a manager /coach (used loosely)
    Who hasn’t got a clue about pretty much everything ! And yeah our main forward out injured when we really need him , with no cover brought in !

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:55 AM

Magic

I’ll send on your best wishes 😉

• Wor B

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:56 AM

We’re just helplessly hoping for better times

• magicmac54

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:56 AM

Louchinvar

Great choice there Loch, this is going to be nail biting from now to the end of the season, we need the great escape, or another Steve perhaps Steve Mc Queen to finish the Job he he he

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:56 AM

Munster

If your still about ?

We are both close to 50 🙂

• Asi Fish

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:58 AM

Night all – gotta be on site early and then drive back up North.

Grabbing Krispy Kremes on route if anyone’s interested

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM

Right I’m away

Good night everyone be safe and look after yourselves 🙂

• magicmac54

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:02 AM

ASI

Take care bud 🙂

• magicmac54

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:03 AM

Ok guys time for bed tomorrow is another day, take care and be safe, night night guys

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:05 AM

It’s good to see the nightshift’s stalwarts are going strong.

In no particular order:

Munster – don’t underestimate Speckled Hen. It’s very drinkable and can creep up on you….. then, thwack! Much like Old Peculiar.

Online – a lovely version of Melissa and Richie Betts, like Duane died too young.

Romford – as ever, you’re in fine form

Lochinvar – keep ’em coming

Cleveleysbob – you did a good job of summarising sourcing baby wear for NY Mag’s grandchild

NY Mag – I hope you find what you want among the stuff Bob posted

Jail – gan canny when you’re out there

Wor B – what can one say?

The Wife – please pass on my sincere best to Dr Ed

Carltoon – if you look in, you’re a star

Essex – you too sir

Onmeheed – ye ‘ball

Anyone else I’ve missed who have the nerve to have a bit craic

A song

Take care all.

• Wor B

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:06 AM

Rom, Me too.

Good night all, take care.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:06 AM

Magicmac54

How remiss of me…… you’re name’s there in spirit

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:08 AM

Wor

good night bud 🙂

• Romford mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:09 AM

Good night all 🙂

• The Wife

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:09 AM

Uh oh…I think I missed most of the night shift. Phone calls and other paperwork had to be done!

Here’s my tune for tonight:

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:10 AM

Cheers lesh

Romford I’m on the wrong side of 50 but still playing football 🙂

Nite all

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:11 AM

Asi

Good to see you look in on the nightshift. I assume the job’s going well for you. They’re not easy to come by these days and your determination paid off. Well done.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:22 AM

The Wife

You missed part of the nightshift? What will people think!

You said you like country music so here’s one that’s in context and NUFC related. Waylon Jennings professing his love for Amanda (Staveley?).

Four country music superstars on stage together as The Highwaymen.

You could search Youtube and find the whole concert and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:23 AM

The Wife

I thought that track was so good, I gave you a double ration. Doh *rolling eyes moji*

• The Wife

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:29 AM

Hahaha, thanks lesh! 🙂

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:41 AM

Couldn’t resist posting one last tune

Take care all.

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:50 AM

Being born and bred in South Shields but now living in Connecticut it was nice to see that The Wife and Neil had visited my birthplace. I hope they got to enjoy a nice walk along the beach and maybe a stroll down the pier. I won’t miss the wind and I’ve happily traded it for snow here (although I’ll never acclimate to the hot summers here).

Once all of this COVID nonsense is over and done with I’ll be taking the family back over to visit my family and grab some Greggs, Dicksons and Minchellas 🙂

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:52 AM

The Wife – did you try Dickson’s saveloys during your visit to Newcastle? It’s the one food I’ve not been able to truly recreate over here and I having daily cravings when I think about them.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:52 AM

Onmeheed

Typo alert……

*ye ‘n’ all

• lesh

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:58 AM

Scythe For Bruce

Give ower man will yi

Dickson’s savaloy dips ‘n’ peas pudding brings back fond memories of Newcastle. I’ve never had one for years and’d happily wrap me chops rund one or two now.

*slavering mouth emoji.*

• The Wife

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:03 AM

Scythe For Bruce,

Sad to say, we did not have a saveloy sandwich.

I don’t know if this link will help you recreate one in CT, or just make your craving worse, lol.

(I didn’t understand half of what the guy said in the video, but I did get “This is not health food.” LOL)

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:17 AM

The Wife – while it did indeed make my cravings worse (thanks for that!) it was a great watch. To be honest with you, it’s Mrs Scythe that makes the magic happen in the kitchen. She makes her own pease pudding, we get generic Kaiser rolls for the buns, and all I’m missing is the perfect Dicksons saveloy to go with it. We’ve tried all sorts of sausages and franks, but nothing is even really close. I wish they shipped internationally. I’d pay a kings ransom to eat the real thing again. Better start saving for those plane tickets…

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:19 AM

lesh – it’s been about twelve years since I was last in Shields, and I worry I’ve forgotten what they actually taste like. I used to live not far from the saveloy factory in Shields and I’d always get a whiff of them on my way to Tyne Dock Metro station if the wind was blowing in the right direction. Sheer bliss.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:56 AM

Just got back from a business dinner (at Fishbone’s St Clare’s Shore, https://fishbonesusa.com/ ) so I’m missing the night shift too.

Ah well, let’s see what tomorrow brings.

My offer for tonight… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeMvMNpvB5M

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:58 AM

Don’t know if it’s all the covid measures effecting me but this had me misty eyed…unbelievable tribute to a great man.

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:58 AM

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:05 AM

Stay safe Micky.

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:13 AM

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:15 AM

Micky/OLG – some quality stuff from you too 🙂

• NY Mag

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:16 AM

Sorry, I missed out tonight.

Bob,

I just wanna say thank you, for not only raising the question today on my behalf.
    But for collating the information, you are a true gent sir , thank you so much!!!

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:18 AM

To all biased commentators who disrespect Newcastle United, to all media that put us down, to the Premier League who blocked our takeover, to the London and Lanchashire clubs that are the so called big six ..Look at what we had, what we can be with a fair hand

This is who we are and what we can be again.

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:20 AM

Thanks Scythe.

Thanks for link ..just going to watch it then kip.

• Online Guy

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:25 AM

Scythe

I think Dixon’s put a lot of nutmeg in those savaloys .. My kin around the North East enjoy them .. I watch my waistline so it’s been a while from last tasting one..might get some in !