web analytics

Bruce Makes Three Changes In Our Predicted Team For Manchester United

This is the team I think Steve Bruce could go with for tonight’s match at Manchester United. It has three changes from the defeat to Chelsea last week.

Bruce’s injury update during his press conference had some positives with Federico Fernandez returning to training and Javier Manquillo responding well to treatment. However, both won’t be available for today leaving Bruce with few options at the back.

I can see Bruce making one change with his backline with Isaac Hayden coming in at right-back for Emil Krafth, who struggles against pacy forwards. Hayden played there recently in the 2-1 Leeds defeat and will also open up some changes to the midfield.

The glaring one being the return of Matty Longstaff. The youngster plays well against the Red Devils with two goals against them last season. His youthful exuberance and stamina would be very useful tonight.

Jonjo Shelvey and Joe Willock keep their places though I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce sat Shelvey for this one and brought back Jeff Hendrick or Sean Longstaff. Newcastle need to make life uncomfortable for Man United as Lascelles said over the weekend. That’s just not Shelvey’s type of game.

The other questionable change that I can envision is Joelinton coming in for Dwight Gayle. Bruce hinted that Gayle will get a run of games during his press conference but he offers little in a wide role and may need to wait for Wolves next weekend

Joelinton is a frustrating player but Bruce may opt to go with him tonight as he looked ok when coming on against Chelsea. He had a few moments and that may warrant another opportunity.

Bruce generally makes a few changes after a poor performance. While the second-half was much-improved, it was because the lads showed more intent. So Bruce’s team selection will have to mirror that type of mindset.

Whoever takes the pitch at Old Trafford tonight will have to play like their lives depend on it. Fulham moved to just three points adrift after their 1-0 win over a very poor Sheffield United. It’s a full-on relegation battle now, which is just sickening.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:08 PM

West Ham are 10 points ahead of us and with a goal difference of 25 better.

• hibbit

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:08 PM

onmeedsun i get were your coming from but its the system thats wrong not chelsea , as far as i can tell they are breaking no rules, and other clubs in the PL are using the same rules to there advantage,

• SiOliver

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:09 PM

I was more concerned about the change in fortunes since 12 Sep 20.

• Carson80

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:09 PM

Your certainly right there glad you made your point though (helped with the being accused of not being a proper fan topic) . In my mind I wouldn’t care what league we were in I would always support the Toon.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:12 PM

On the relegation thing. I think the posters that are chiming in with “relegation hasn’t got rid of him before”. The way I see it is that no one is saying they want relegation to get rid of Ashley but IF relegation meant getting rid of him them I would gladly take it even if it meant five years in the Championship.

• Swlabr

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:13 PM

Happy bidet WL!

EGB…I’ve just tuned in and I knew the answer to your loan quiz. Can you start again?

• Jarra

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:16 PM

Best wishes on your birthday Wltoon.
    My birthday gift to you is premier league safety and the Takeover completed before May.
    In fact as you’re a topman I’ll chuck Rafa in with the gift package.
    Sorry I can’t get you a result tonight but, I have to be realistic with the wishes for you.

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Feb 21, 2021 at 5:32 AM
    Scythe,
    There’s some seriously good players in it this year, where did all they all come from, do they message you for the code or do they just get it from people who post it on here. Does the code go on twitter.

From last night – I actually thought I’d closed the league to newcomers but the admin page said it was still open. That’s fixed now so we won’t be seeing anyone else joining the league now 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM

*Aren’t understanding what people are getting at

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM

*Aren’t understanding what people are getting at

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:21 PM

Glitch 😮

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM

As far as I know the code wasn’t posted anywhere, but I could be wrong. I certainly wasn’t actively handing it out. So if anyone was looking to invite a mate in, it’s too late now!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Swlabr

OK, just for you, how many players does Chelski have out on loan and can you name them and the club they are loaned too? 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Scythe,
    I wonder where they get the code from, if it’s from here it shows how many read the comments without posting. I never used to read the comments before I started posting.

• hibbit

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:25 PM

personally i dont want to contemplate relegation under any circumstance,
    i would much rather stay up and the deal be complete as a PL team,

• Swlabr

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:26 PM

Is it 33? And the club is err, hang on a second.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:27 PM

Scythe,
    It was posted a good few times on here but there are way more entrants than posters on here. Unless a few different readers put it on twitter it goes to show that there are way more readers on here than posters which is a shame.

• Swlabr

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:28 PM

…and 17 here and 16 somewhere else, oh yeah, and Fulham.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:58 PM

Swalbr
    Well done 10/10 top of the class and a gold star! 🙂

• albert albert

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:22 PM

If the toon was a horse or dog ,the rspca would do fat ash for Neglect/Cruelty