web analytics

Newcastle United At Manchester United – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team I suspect Bruce may name for tonight’s match at Old Trafford against Manchester United. It has three changes from Monday’s defeat at Chelsea.

While the team above is one I think Bruce will name, it’s not the one I hope he goes with. These types of matches don’t suit Jonjo Shelvey so maybe a recall for Sean Longstaff to play alongside his brother Matty could be an option.

Newcastle won’t have any injured players back for tonight but there are also no fresh injury concerns so Bruce has options. I expect a few changes from Chelsea but suspect he’ll stick with the 4-3-3 formation.

Manchester United could be without a handful of players with Paul Pogba ruled out and Edinson Cavani struggling with a muscle injury.

Newcastle United Injuries

Callum Wilson (hamstring), Javier Manquillo (ankle), Fabian Schar (knee), Fede Fernandez (hamstring)

Manchester United Injuries

Paul Pogba (thigh), Phil Jones (knee), Edison Cavani (muscle – late fitness test), Donny van de Beek (muscle – late fitness test), Scott McTominay (knock – late fitness test)

Our poll for this match has 80% expecting a loss. This means that Fulham could overtake us next weekend if we get nothing from Wolves at St. James’ Park on Saturday and they defeat Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday.

A result tonight could alleviate that problem at least for another week. However, it’s not looking good for Newcastle at the moment as we’ve been dragged into a relegation fight after being 10 points clear just over a week ago. That’s what wins do as Fulham have picked up 7 points on us since last Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:27 PM

What a cracking job David moyes is doing at West ham.

Amazing just how far they have come.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:38 PM

I for one will put my hands up and say I was completely wrong about Moyes but roll back a year and ask me again if I would want him here and my answer would be the same. Talk about turning round your career. However before people start backtracking and saying Ashley should have got him you have to bare in mind, that a) he was most very likely approached by Churnley to fight his relegation battle and flatly refused. b) If he had of agreed to come he’d still be hamstrung by the same conditions that Bruce was offered and who gladly took the knife from Churnleys hand and started sawing frantically at the back of his legs.

• hibbit

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:40 PM

Jail didn’t Moyes turn us down ??

• Moonraker15

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:44 PM

ilovetoon

Good recruitment, top goalie, Declan Rice.
    Fan power changed the owners philosophy and not by boycotting. It was mass protests in the stadium bordering on violence.
    We’ve been too passive!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:45 PM

hibbit,
    There’s no evidence of that, you’ve probably just heard me say it loads of times. If there was a sure fire way of finding out I would bet my house that he was approached though. He was too obvious a candidate and especially being unemployed at the time as well.

• Moonraker15

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:47 PM

Jail
    Moyes knows what Ashley’s like; they all do that’s why we’ll never get another top manager with him as owner!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:50 PM

Moonraker,
    I remember one game against Leicester I think, a wave of “stand up if you hate Ashley” went through the ground as he sat there smirking, those standing we’re singing with a passion but the amount of people that just sat there completely killed the momentum. That gave him the info he needed so that he knew that he’s got that many who will carry on buying tickets and a few freebies would quell a mini revolt. Passive indeed.

• Pottsclock

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:51 PM

Villa without Grealish are half the team they are with him

• Scythe For Bruce

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:52 PM

The thing with West Ham is their director of recruitment made some bad signings (Haller, etc) and when he got dumped and Moyes could sign his own lads, like Soufal and Soucek, they’ve come on leaps and bounds. Fair play to the bloke. He was never going to succeed at ManU following Fergie, but nobody could have done that.

• SiOliver

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:54 PM

Moonraker – even when crowds allowed it is difficult to intimidate an absent owner – scaring his minions will have no effect. Remember we don’t know how horrible they can be. Don’t want to be relegated; don’t want to lose tonight; want Bruce and Ashley gone and a takeover. Unfortunately I think I’m going to end up disappointed on all counts.

• Munster Mag

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Cut it any way you like tsunki, and a number of fans supported my point of view. Blokes coming on here wanting Fulham to win are going to get the bird from me, and rightly so.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:26 PM

Blokes who came on here championing Bruce in a sickening way I could never imagine while covering their ar$es by saying they never wanted him here in the first place, are going to get the bird from me.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:27 PM

And rightly so!!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:28 PM

Although I agree, anyone wanting Fulham to win then that’s bang out of order.

• Wor B

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:33 PM

My vote for the win takes us to a maximum break of 147

😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:38 PM

Wor B

You’re a member of the 10% club, like me! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:39 PM

4 hours 27 Minutes to KO.

Aint it dragging!

• Wor B

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:39 PM

Blind faith EGB, or as others prefer, delusional. 😉

• WLtoon

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:44 PM

Afternoon lads n lasses, just want to thank you all for the kind BD wishes and posts and a good performance and even just a point would keep the smile on my face.
    Been reading a few of the posts and Moyes does deserve a pat on the back mind, i bet the Hammers fans are eating their words from the start of the season when apparently they were doomed.
    Anyway , that`s me off again, stuff to do, so laters.

• Moonraker15

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM

We need 4 wins plus 1 or 2 draws from 14 games.
    If we can’t manage that we can’t blame Fulham or anyone else other than Bruce for relegation!

• Moonraker15

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM

By the same token, Fulham need 5 wins plus from 13 games.
    My money’s on us !

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM

“Blokes coming on here wanting Fulham to win are going to get the bird from me, and rightly so”

Brilliant Munster. Show me where I mentioned that and paste it right in where you say I was causing an argument. haven’t changed at all have you, still a trouble maker. I wasn’t talking about that AT ALL.

• hibbit

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:02 PM

a draw tonight would be a good start 😉

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:02 PM

Anyone getting the fear about tonight?

It would seem while Wilson is out our best is to go 442/4231 and try get Almiron Fraser and ASM on the pitch at the same time whether Bruce will do this or set us up in a formation that gets the best out of what we have is debatable

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:04 PM

I hope to gawd he parks the bus tonight and doesn’t do it his way 😕

• FloridaToon

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:05 PM

Need to go 4231 with Willock and Matty in the middle, ASM and fraser out wide with almiron just behind gayle.

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:07 PM

I think park the bus is our only way to get a point realistically. Trouble is Bruce doesn’t even do that well, as our GD proves.

• hibbit

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:08 PM

FloridaToon are you not playing Hayden in that line up ??

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:09 PM

I think it will be five at the back. If we push forward on the wings we will get torn to shreds.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM

If Hayden plays at RB tonight instead of DM and Matty or Sean replace him we’ll be a walk through in midfield.

I’d play Fraser as the ST instead of Gayle, Gayle has a goal in him but he offers nothing in harrying defenders whereas Fraser isn’t afraid to put himself about and ruffle feathers.

We also need a big game from ASM and he needs to be given plenty of the ball, Man U’s defenders other than Bissaka aren’t the quickest.

If Bruce plays Hayden at RB, one of the L’s in midfield and Jo or AC up front he wants sacking immediately after the game if we get beat.

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM

Modify that, back four with cdm lying deep. Same thing but with an opportunistic eye.

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:12 PM

I’d be happy to give Bruce the sack. I have the rope as well and know just the right river.

• Carson80

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Munster, Tsunki is putting in his opinion about what me and Adamn were saying on Friday ie Would you take relegation to be free of Ashley and have proper owners again. A few said yes and a few said no, some said those who had said yes weren’t proper fans hence Tsunki’s post this morning.

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:13 PM

So gloves back on, just for a bit? With a false false no10?

• Tsunki

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:13 PM

Carson, thanks but munster has spent years on here trying to pick issues with me don’t get yourself on his list. 🙂

• JohnJ

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:14 PM

The Ledge

450 Previous thread

I seem to recall Parker was given stick by our fans that day because he was faffing around with the ball at the time. The lads in the east stand gave him stick & he then reacted & that was it I think!

But he’s a London Lad and I really couldn’t see him wishing to come up north unless he was desperate for a job & & he has one just now. But yes I’d take him over Bruce but Parker would be a lot lower down my wish list!

• Carson80

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:14 PM

Dubs
    Krafth Lasc Clarke Dummet
    Miggy Hayden Lewis
    ASM Willock
    Fraser

• FloridaToon

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:16 PM

Hibbit

If he isn’t used in the back 4, then him for matty.

• FloridaToon

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:18 PM

and Dubs should start as well