web analytics

Report – Newcastle Low On Ashley’s List Of Priorities

The Chronicle reported last week after the defeat at Chelsea that Mike Ashley has no plans to replace head coach Steve Bruce despite Newcastle dropping to 17th in the table. The situation has since gotten more precarious with Fulham now just three points behind Newcastle with a much better goal difference.

Therefore a loss against Wolves at St. James’ Park coupled with a Fulham win at Crystal Palace next weekend will see Newcastle in the relegation places. Whether that scenario will cause Mike Ashley to have a change of heart remains to be seen.

However, last night’s loss at Manchester United has reportedly done little to move Ashley into action. Here is a tweet from the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards on Ashley’s stance, or lack thereof, on his embattled football club.

A defeat at Old Trafford was not likely to extract a response from Newcastle’s emotionally divested owner. Though a drop into the bottom three may be enough to get Ashley in motion. He can ill afford Newcastle going down this year if he hopes to get anywhere near his asking price for this club.

Fan group Toon For Change has issued an ‘urgent plea’ to Mike Ashley to replace Steve Bruce as manager. Here is a tweet from the group containing their statement.

This is unlikely to garner any response from the often stubborn Mike Ashley. However, if Bruce picks up nothing at home against Wolves on Saturday or at West Brom the following weekend, then Newcastle will likely be in the bottom three with just 10 matches to play. That is Steve McClaren territory where Ashley’s reluctance to act with haste cost Newcastle their Premier League status.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 3-1 Defeat At Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:56 PM

Must be pretty low on the Consortium’s priority list too!

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM

Who voted for Asm as mom last night?

He was awful!

Best thing he did was the goal, I’m still unsure whether he meant it or not.

If he’d caught it cleanly he’d of skied it, he miss kicked it in to ground.

I’ll give him the benefit, good goal, his performance and effort were disgraceful and I’d drop him.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM

OP

Listen the difference is our mindsets nothing else.

Oh no let’s accept relegation when we still have games to play and we are not even in the relegation zone. Not only will Fulham take positivity from them picking up points and is dropping them is looking at some of the fanbase who have just given up!

I’m not giving up that’s the difference

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Wouldn’t believe a word LE said and Mikey likes to pretend we’re low on his list but he seems to have the final say on everything at the club.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Jail

You think some on here won’t take real pleasure in letting me know if that does happen? Ofc the would and already have had digs about my continued support and confidence about the takeover.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Mund

I’m EXPECTING Nufc to go down, if anyone is accepting it, it’s you.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:03 PM

OP

Go take the dog for a walk you argumentative bore lord.

• lochinvar

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:04 PM

Moonraker15@107 before

Then we have the disgraceful sight of Bruce joking with OGS after our defeat!
    No other manager would act like that!

Your’e being kind.
    He’s not the Manager he’s the Head Coach.
    But then again he doesn’t coach.
    So is he the doorman or what ?

He’s more like the Ring Master in Ashley’s circus with Ashley being Coco the Clown and the likes of Charnley and the other hangers on as the Seals that clap themselves when fed fish.

Billy Smart he ain’t.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:04 PM

I think Steve Bruce laughing and joking after a 3-1 humping and smirking his way through an interview, is going to give Fulham a lot more motivation than people ranting on social media.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:06 PM

Mund
    You said it’s definitely happening so no need to worry about such events.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:08 PM

Jail

That the thing fella I’m not worried, not one bit.

I’ve always said he who laughs last will laugh longest, so let’s see how it plays out first.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:09 PM

Mund

Yours make zero sense to anyone but you.

You have no argument!

Opinionated, nothing will change your view!

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:10 PM

Don’t take out your frustrations and anger out on me because I see it differently 🙄 Bruce and Ashley are the problem not me.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:10 PM

I’d rather have my mindset, than the one Bruce and Mund share.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:11 PM

Haha oh gawwwd

Says who OP? You? A few others on a blog? 🙄

Plenty of people think like I do but carry on thinking the only place that exists is the blog

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:11 PM

Doom and glooooooom puhhhhhlease end me 🙄

• lochinvar

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:12 PM

Ashley lost £150million when Debenhams went down the pan and he didn’t blink.

If he looses that much again if we end up in the Championship without a buyer then he might scratch his nose but that’s about it.

He’s teflon coated kevlar dipped in concrete, so the likelihood that he’s even remotely considering ditching Bruce when he’s retained Charnley since the dawn of time seems remote.

• Jamesthefirst

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:12 PM

Newcastle players are not at training today as they were given the day off by Bruce after the Man Utd game.

Fulham won on Saturday night, and Parker still had them together on Sunday to review videos for the next game.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:16 PM

That is the 14th time in a season and a half the former seventh best defence has conceded three goals or more.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:20 PM

The silent majority has spoken, been sending Bruce messages of support too?

Behave

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:22 PM

James

It’s been hard getting new beta max videos for the cinema room at the training facilities.

Apparently we’re top bidders for a VHS upgrade on Ebay

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:23 PM

Players have got the day off, there going on a mystery yacht trip 😉

• Munster Mag

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:24 PM

I tend to agree Mund. We are in a pickle , with a bad manager, helped by a better coach. There were times we looked decent last night .

I’m worried, but lets just hope the players dont have the negativity that some guys have on here, even if they are fully entitled to their negativity.

I dont like a happy clappy american “lets be positive all the time” approach, but we are far from dead in the water in the relegation fight.

• Munster Mag

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM

Mund sorry i didnt get to play the link. Hope to later.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM

All that matters to myself and all the fans worried about relegation is the club.

This isn’t about gloating, who’s right, who’s wrong, or bringinging up posts from the past.

This is about the future of Nufc, not the future preening of bloggers.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:26 PM

I’m defo not no happy clapper lol ask me wife 😉

But I refuse to give in when there’s still something to play for

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:26 PM

OP

Have a day off will ya ffs

• Jamesthefirst

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:28 PM

In 6 days time we could be a bottom 3 team

If we lose to Wolves, and Fulham beat Palace (as they should), we will drop into the bottom 3 on goal difference on Feb 28th.

As you can all see Fulham have confidence and fight. When they overtake us and climb out of the bottom 3, their confidence will go through the roof.

Then our players will be dependent on Bruce’s rousing pre match speeches for confidence…

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:28 PM

Mund

Keep to your word!

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:29 PM

Which word is that then?

• Novocastrian66

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:30 PM

I would like to know what Bruce found amusing after last night’s result.
    I didn’t watch the game but he finds it acceptable to have a laugh with the opposition manager. He is a disgrace.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:30 PM

Mund

Myself and others prefer the Nufc blog to the Mund blog.

If you don’t like it here, or don’t like people calling you out on your double standards, you know where the door is.

• JohnReese

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:30 PM

Well I feel stiff as a board today but thankfully no lasting damage to my back. Just watched the game through, some things to like in the first half but not much. It’s so painful to watch us play without Wilson. Even when we get into half decent positions you’ve no faith we’re actually going to do anything.

I like when we have Joelinton in the team as I’ve said it before, he links the midfield and the attack well but does it in a much different way to ASM/Almiron. Has some surprisingly smart/neat flicks and he does have the ability to hold the ball up which he’s improved on (when Darlow actually hits him!)

The defensive unit just looks so unstructured. Has to be controlled by Lascelles as captain and Darlow as keeper but nobody really looks like they’re barking out orders. Still not happy with the midfield combination either but as has been alluded to since the Sheffield game, that’s the Longstaff’s done under Bruce unless he really starts to panic.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:33 PM

When did you marry in to the Harrison name?

You can have last word on this as your not very bright and it frustrates me the level of chat I have to lower myself to, so by all means say the last word I’ll have the last laugh.

Biggest argumentative poster on here

• Reilly

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:38 PM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    1m
    34’ GOOOAAAALLLLL! Elliot Anderson doubles the young Magpies’ advantage!

• onmeedsun

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:39 PM

I want rid of Bruce and Ashley but the coach card has already been played, in Jones.
    There will be no new manager this season, but hopefully next season it’s all change.
    No decent manager would touch us with a barge pole at the moment, mainly due to having to work for Ashley. He drove Rafa away so why would any competent person want to work for Ashley.
    And the team have looked better since Jones’s arrival. I think if Wilson hadn’t got badly injured we would be looking ok to stay up.
    Now it will go to the wire but I don’t believe a change in manager would change this position.
    I have made my peace with it.
    Hope we stay up, but if we go down I really hope Ashley still sells.
    Regardless of the outcome there will be some big decisions to be made this summer. Owners, managers, players and fans.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:42 PM

Mund..

When we’re you named admin?

You’re on here everyday telling people what to post what not to post!

The blog is for EVERYBODYS opinion, not just the ones that don’t “do my head in” (your words)

I see you’re at the insults again, no surprise.

The fact you see no difference in people’s opinions on relegation and yours on a takeover speaks volumes!

If you’re telling me to take my dog for a walk, I’ve every right to remind you where the door is, you found it last time.

As when you’re telling people not to talk like relegation is guaranteed, you shouldn’t be telling everyone the takeover is guaranteed, which you have for months.

Opinionated and hypocrite are two words you could do with looking at.

• stan anderson

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:44 PM

Last night the wife asked why we aren’t sacking the coach when we cant win a match?
    Thst is normally what happens in football isn’t it?
    I had no answer for her.
    She hates sport of any type but it must be my constant bad mood getting to her.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:47 PM

What are you talking about? You make yourself look an idiot me saying it isn’t an insult.

Here you go again saying I tell people what they can post and can’t 🙄

Waiting for nobody can have a different opinion to me 🙄

People like you make me sick! They really do spreading hate and lies so it sticks no change there OP

Do you want the opportunity to say these things to my face?

• Mister Tuff

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:47 PM

Happy clapper – shut it you are spoiling the blog.

1 2 3 5