web analytics

Report – Newcastle Low On Ashley’s List Of Priorities

The Chronicle reported last week after the defeat at Chelsea that Mike Ashley has no plans to replace head coach Steve Bruce despite Newcastle dropping to 17th in the table. The situation has since gotten more precarious with Fulham now just three points behind Newcastle with a much better goal difference.

Therefore a loss against Wolves at St. James’ Park coupled with a Fulham win at Crystal Palace next weekend will see Newcastle in the relegation places. Whether that scenario will cause Mike Ashley to have a change of heart remains to be seen.

However, last night’s loss at Manchester United has reportedly done little to move Ashley into action. Here is a tweet from the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards on Ashley’s stance, or lack thereof, on his embattled football club.

A defeat at Old Trafford was not likely to extract a response from Newcastle’s emotionally divested owner. Though a drop into the bottom three may be enough to get Ashley in motion. He can ill afford Newcastle going down this year if he hopes to get anywhere near his asking price for this club.

Fan group Toon For Change has issued an ‘urgent plea’ to Mike Ashley to replace Steve Bruce as manager. Here is a tweet from the group containing their statement.

This is unlikely to garner any response from the often stubborn Mike Ashley. However, if Bruce picks up nothing at home against Wolves on Saturday or at West Brom the following weekend, then Newcastle will likely be in the bottom three with just 10 matches to play. That is Steve McClaren territory where Ashley’s reluctance to act with haste cost Newcastle their Premier League status.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 3-1 Defeat At Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• JP...from The Rock

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:36 PM

Not high on AshLie’s priority list are we!? I don’t get thst guy! Then why on earth is he taking the league to court regsrding the failed takeover? I thought the guy wanted to see his money by having the takeover waved through.

If we’re relegated i really doubt anyone would but us and he’ll lose millions. But we’re not a priority.

Money IS his priority so i don’t get how we fail to fall into that category.

So sick of it all.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:42 PM

If you want to sell your roast chicken, part cook it, put it in fridge, repeat, repeat, and while still not cooked offer it for sale as a perfectly cooked and healthy roast chicken

Ashley’s Flied Chicken. Finger lickin’ dysentery.

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:45 PM

cominghome

‘If you want to sell your house, you will not maintain it’

I assume whilst your house was up for sale, you maintained it to a degree and didn’t let it start to crumble? In takeover terms, this is similar to someone agreeing to buy the house, something happens so it no longer goes ahead, they say ‘let us know when it’s sorted and we’ll come back to buy it again’, they then come back and the house is crumbling apart.

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM

Can’t believe i’m talking about house sales as an analogy for the takeover situation, I think I need to come off the blog for a bit…

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM

“I’m just in the middle of selling a house, I’ve agreed price with the buyer and just waiting on the solicitors to do their jobs.
    No way am I spending another bean on it”

That is right. Unless of course the boiler blows and the chimney falls into the back bedroom before you’ve exchanged contracts.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:47 PM

Adamn no keep going I’ve got the roast chicken thing covered 😀

• Reilly

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:47 PM

Martyn Ziegler
    @martynziegler
    · 4m
    NEW: Return of fans across the country from May 17 under government roadmap – up to 10,000 so includes final weekend of PL season as well as Euros, Wimbledon etc.
    FA Cup final on May 15 but could still be used as test event

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:48 PM

CH,
    And if the deal stalls and stalls, will you let the holes in the roof that appear just let rain soak down the walls and into the carpets, then trip your electrics so that you can’t see the mould that is appearing on your curtains and sofa. Do you then move our and let your elderly senile neighbour take care of it and still expect the same price.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Darn you Tskunki 😕

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM

Adamn

Of course but once the viewer viewed it and made an offer which I accepted then I won’t spend anything on it now, does that make sense ?

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Tsunki

Pass the chicken over to me I might need it when fingers point at me shouting vegan again some day 😀

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Jail

Get real

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Adam-92
    Do you prefer the car ones.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:52 PM

CH,
    That is as real an example as you can get. If a deal has been made it was for a mid table-ish PL club, not one that is on the verge of being relegated.

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:54 PM

coming home

Makes perfect sense, that tweet didn’t say that though, it said: ‘If you want to sell your house, you will not maintain it’, not that if it’s sold you don’t maintain it. So maintain the house up until it’s sold. Aka maintain the clubs status until it’s sold. The club isn’t sold and we’ve been told that apparently PIF will come back when they have assurances it’ll pass, meaning a deal will need to be agreed again. If they see that the club hasn’t been maintained (relegation) they would not offer the same amount, in the same way someone would not offer the same for a prestine house if that house then turned into a crumbling mess.

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:54 PM

*pristine

• Optimistic prime

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:56 PM

Hibbit

Behave yourself, Pardews on that list, he’ll want the remainder of his 8 Yr deal.

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:57 PM

Adamn

You have no clue like me what a deal might be or not be
    I was just telling you that you won’t spend money on a house you think you’ve sold and I would bet Ashley thinks he has sold it

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:57 PM

I think we have to accept that as it always is in life, for whatever reason people will take their view on proceedings, some are hoping to look at the cup half full, the others half empty.

If I may bring in yet another tired analogy, the Titanic – always good to fall back on to the Titanic…well you know what I mean ha ha- you have the brave captain, prepared to go down with his vessel with stoic acceptance, some are in the band, playing jaunty uplifting melodies to calm the passengers, some are crew members standing by their captain even though he has steered them onto a hacky big lump of ice, some are standing on the deck shaking their fists and complaining to the crew about the interruption to their journey, others don’t know what the fuss is about the ship is unsinkable you know, and some are the screaming cowards trampling over children to hide in the lifeboats ha ha..

Oh yes, and there are a few fast asleep and unaware of the mayhem after spending the previous night dancing and singing along to the musical entertainment 🙂

The moral of the story is – Flying is safer.

• Optimistic prime

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:58 PM

So that house I’m buying, might turn out to be a football club?

Jeez

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:59 PM

coming home, i agree neither of us know what the deal is. Just going by information spread out there right now. You wouldn’t spend money on a house you think you’ve sold, but you would if the house was starting to show signs of damage/cracks etc before it’s officially sold or the buyer may change their mind or lower their offer.

• Jarra

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM

I’m reading that many say the next four are winnable well let me tell you that I felt the same against Sheffield United, Leeds United, Crystal Palace and Southampton.
    My concerns are all related to the takeover and if Bruce takes us down and loses the biggest deal we could ever hope of, then I hope they build a statue of him smiling like last night to remind people never let your ego get in the way of destroying dreams.
    He could walk but he won’t the man is equally as bad as Ashley in fact worse cause he is one of our own.

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM

I changed my mind, i like the house analogy 🙂

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM

Mund

Your always in arguments with people here
    Every single day

Do you post here to get you daily of the agro ??

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:01 PM

OP or a roast chicken don’t forget. On the Titanic.

• Optimistic prime

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Can we all come to a agreement now?

Once Bruce and Ashley finally leave and we’ve said fair well and Good luck, their names are never spoken of on the blog again.

I’m sick of the pair of them, send them to Coventry when this is done.

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:04 PM

Toon22

Mund had an argument with OP what the fcuk business is it of yours
    Go suss out some PR

• Optimistic prime

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:04 PM

Tsunki

Just what I need, a sinking house with a chicken in the oven.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:06 PM

OK so let me see if I’ve got this right, there’s this roast chicken, in a car, on the Titanic – how is he selling his house again? I missed that bit.

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:07 PM

Clubs right in the clarts, again
    Nee sign of anyone who claims to be running the club
    Owners not interested

A total clown left to drift towards oblivion

Business as usual

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:08 PM

coming home

You dont mind the constsnt agro from the same few posters every single day ?
    Your happy this just turning into an extenstion of Munds opinions ?

Dont think i agree with you or any of it

• Adamn_92

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Got it in one Tsunki! Also I think Joe Biden is in the passenger seat

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:10 PM

How is the clown still in a job ?
    He walked away laughing with his Manu chums last night

Laughing

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Toon22

I have to put up with your same old crap every time I read this blog

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:13 PM

13 games left
    25 points

So we need to win at least 5 more games to have a resonable chance of avoiding relegation
    On current for were no where near getting 15 more points

Without something changing we are going down this yeas

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:15 PM

CH

Fair enough
    Just ignore my posts
    Youll find if you do read them my vitrol is always pointed to the turd and the clowns he has appointed
    I dont call people names or revel in aywhay the agro i cause daily

Stop reading my posts if it offends you

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:16 PM

Im not going to “give it a rest” till jabba and his circus are gone

• toon22

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:18 PM

As it stands ower ” owners” actions are near vandalism
    An utter disregard of the fans or the club

They wont even talk to the media let alone us

• coming home

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:18 PM

Toon22

We all know what state the clubs in, we don’t need the constant reminding its bad enough without the constant negativity man ffs