web analytics

Midfielder Open To Extending Newcastle Stay Despite Tumultuous Times

Newcastle’s lone winter signing, Joe Willock, started his Newcastle career with a bang. The Arsenal loanee opened his account 16 minutes into this debut in the hectic 3-2 win against Southampton in early February.

Willock made a late run into the box and blasted a pass from Allan Saint-Maximin into the net to give Newcastle the early lead. That was only the opening act in a crazy game which Newcastle ended up winning despite going down to nine men in the second half.

That match has proven a consequential one for the Magpies. Not only is it our last win, but in the first half, Callum Wilson suffered his hamstring injury from which he is yet to return.

Newcastle have been hanging on ever since as our position in the league has since come under serious threat. We sit just two points above 18th-placed Fulham, though with a game in hand.

It’s hardly been a smooth ride for the club since the 21-year-old’s arrival. His embattled head coach has been involved in a row with a player amidst increasing calls for him to be replaced.

Willock’s also not been able to play in front of 50,000 screaming Geordies as matches are still played behind closed doors. However, none of this has negatively impacted the young midfielder.

He’s still loving it at Newcastle and has even claimed that he is open to staying beyond this year. This is what Willock said when asked about his loan spell at Newcastle as published in The Sun:

“I love playing for Newcastle.

“When I first came here, I was a bit apprehensive of how I would take to it because I’d never left Arsenal.

“I’d been at Arsenal since I was four and a half, so coming to a new club, coming up north to Newcastle was a bit scary.

“But as I came here and settled in and saw the love from the fans that I’m receiving, of course, I’d love to continue playing here.”

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 1-1 Draw Against Aston Villa?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:56 PM

• Moonraker15

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:59 PM

Repost
    Zorro
    I’m sure there will be wins or draws against unlikely opponents in the next 10 games.
    After the international break we will have our 3 best players back.
    Some clubs will have different priorities and motivation eg European cup, europa cup etc.
    If we don’t get at least 10 points from these games I’ll be amazed. I think we’ll get to 40 points and safety. The spirit in the team is surprisingly good as well!

• Rotonda heights

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM

It’s amazing how with all our failed managers: sourness, bruce, pardew, allardyce etc the common theme thats runs through is the endless excuses and refusal to accept responsibility while apportioning blame to absolutely anyone and anything but themselves. Their delusional, bitter, twisted arrogance and egomania links them all.

• Tackle from behind

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:05 PM

RH

2 of those mentioned above are already on the PL scrapheap – the other 2 will follow next year.

Actually, having said that, I think Big Sam will get at least one more chance – some struggling team will get him in his mini mouthpiece in to help out.

Bruce will give it up – this is his last job.

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:09 PM

I was gutted when Souness took over from Sir Bobby, it was the Keegan/Dalglish era all over again. Had a fantastic team both times that only needed the slightest tweaking and two of the most dour Scotsmen took our club from top to lower mid table.

• magicmac54

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:12 PM

Geordie Tom

Good evening Tom, yes i know about that programe Bloodlands filmed in Northern Ireland, and the main actor James Nesbitt also from Coleraine in our part of the woods, i haven`t actually seen any of it yet but can get it on catch up tv, i appreciate you reminding me about it mate. PS I trust you and your wife and family are all very well Tom

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM

Someone was talking about the Northumbrian accent
    My mum was from Rothbury and had a broad Northumbrian burr of rolling her ‘r’ s
    Try saying ‘The rugged rascal ran round the rugged rocks of Rothbury’
    I can do it but do not speak rolling my ‘r’ s
    Been told my accent has a Newburn burr.

• Optimistic prime

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM

Carson

No problem, things get heated at times.

Passionate sport, Passionate fans.

Apologies for my part.

• geordietom

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:15 PM

Magicmac …

its very good mate , think you will spot some places you know on there …

we are good mate thanks for asking hows you and yours good i hope …

• Wor B

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:16 PM

Charlie

A non English speaking tourist from Germany asking for directions in Rothbury would understand more than a Londoner!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:16 PM

Amazing how many players once up hear love it up here – pity cannot find a decent owner and manager

• Optimistic prime

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:17 PM

Carson

I hated Sourpuss, he came after SBR under the banner “discipline” few months later Dyer and Bowyer are fighting on the pitch.

Bloke was a thug on the pitch and he’s a nugget off it.

• The Wife

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:18 PM

magicmac54,

Your post at #6 caught my eye. I grew up in the rural area of NE North Carolina, near a town called Colerain. No ‘e’ on the end like yours there in N. Ireland, though. 🙂

• magicmac54

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:19 PM

Tackle from
    Behind

Good evening Tackle, you might be correct this could be Bruce`s last job, but my big fear is how long is he going to be in his last job, it doesn`t even bear thinking about Tackle.

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:20 PM

I think we will beat Spurs and get some sort of result from the Liverpool game, can only see a point at the most from Brighton.
    Brighton away 1 point
    Tott home 3 points
    Burnley away 1 point
    West Ham home 1 point
    Liverpool away 3 points
    Arse home 0 points
    Leic away 0 points
    Man City home 1 point
    Sheff Utd home 3 points
    Fulham away 0 points.
    41 points and safety hopefully.

• The Wife

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:20 PM

Wiki update!

My Colerain was named after your Coleraine. 😀

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:25 PM

Cheers OP.
    Regarding Souness don’t know if you remember he grabbed Bellamy by the throat in a training session and Bellamy was off to Celtic after that.
    Just wish they had kept Bobby on even in a director of football role and I think we would have had a completely different owner from the lump of crap we have now.

• Tackle from behind

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:25 PM

The Wife

Most of your towns and cities were named by European settlers, a lot of whom were from Ireland and England in search of the free land that was made available in order to populate the USA.

• Wor B

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:25 PM

The Wife

There’s little place in North Tyneside called New York.

It however, does sleep.

• Tackle from behind

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:29 PM

Magicmac

The retirement age for UK men is currently 67 yrs.
    So, Bruce has only 7 years to go.

Maybe the arbitration will be over before then, but don’t count on it.

#notlongnow

• magicmac54

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:34 PM

The Wife

First i must apologise as i totally forgot to wish you a Happy Mothers day yesterday very sorry about that. That was interesting you grew up in North Carolina near a town called Colerain its almost the same only ours in Northern Ireland is Coleraine, my son actually lives in a town called Newcastle in County Down in Northern Ireland. I seem to remember you saying yous had plans to come to Northern Ireland only the virus arrived, i hope you get the chance to visit Northern Ireland in the future.

• Tackle from behind

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:36 PM

Newcastle – Delaware
    Sunderland – Massachusetts
    Darlington County – South Carolina
    Durham – North Carolina
    Rothbury, Michigan

Loads more too. (and it’s fun and free to play)

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:37 PM

Damn you Sky Sports News with your adverts for Nunan Erectile Dysfunction tablets, my 7 year old daughter has just asked what’s erectile dysfunction. Palm of hand slapping face emoji.

• magicmac54

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:38 PM

Tackle from
    Behind

Brilliant reply there Tackle, lets hope Bruce is not here another 7 years or we will all finish up in padded cells he he he

• The Wife

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:41 PM

Tackle,

There’s also a Newcastle in Texas, believe it or not!

• Wor B

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:42 PM

To be fair Carson she’s already seen the bottle in your bathroom cabinet.

😉

• JohnJ

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:42 PM

Time for a laugh?

This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline which was transcribed from recording monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say the Helpdesk employee was fired; However, he is currently suing the Word Perfect organisation for “Termination without Cause”

Actual dialogue of a former Word Perfect Customer Support employee (now I know why they record these conversations)

“Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?” Yes, well I’m having trouble with Word Perfect” “What sort of trouble?” “Well I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away” “Went away?
    “They disappeared” “Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?”
    “Nothing” “Nothing?” ”Its blank; it won’t accept anything when I type”
    “Are you still in Word Perfect or did you get out?” “How do I tell?” “Can you see the C: prompt on the Screen?” “What’s a sea – prompt?” “Never mind, Can you move your cursor around the screen?” “There isn’t any cursor; I told you, it won’t accept anything I type”. “Does your monitor have a power indicator? “What’s a monitor?” “It’s the thing with the screen on that looks like a T V. Does it have a little light that tells you when it’s on?”

“I don’t know ” “Well then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?” “Yes I think so” “Great, follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it’s plugged into the wall” “Yes it is“ When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?”

“No” “Well there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable” “Okay, here it is” “Follow it for me, and tell me if it’s plugged securely into the back of your computer”. “I can’t reach it” “Uh huh. Well can you see if it is?” “No” “Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?” “Oh it’s not because I don’t have the right angle – it’s because it’s dark” “Dark?” “Yes the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.” “Well turn the office light on then.” “I can’t” “No Why not?” “because there’s a power failure.”
    “A power……A power failure? Aha, Okay, We’ve got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?” “Well Yes I keep them in the closet” “Good Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the shop you bought it from” “Really? Is it that bad?” “Yes I’m afraid it is”
    “Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?
    “Tell them you’re too f**king stupid to own a computer”

• The Rev.Jim

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:44 PM

Charlie careful rolling ya R’s and def.not in Fenwicks window 😉

Some roll them in Reed Raa (RedRow)

onmeedson aye the accent is leaving us slowly.
    Wonder how many would have heard wa chaakin on the bleeza.
    Or hoy a shull full on the fire hinny.
    I remember the saying Divent gaan doon the pit son,tha’s plenty coal in the coal hoose.There’s an old bin man who cycles all over and is often found in Rothbury and country fairs talking the old school way,often in rhyme Ray Reed link below.

• The Wife

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:48 PM

magicmac54,

Yes, I did have a trip to N. Ireland planned last November, but the virus canceled those plans. I was very much looking forward to it.

Thank you for the Mother’s Day well wishes. I don’t have any human children, but I do have several of the furry, four-legged kind. 😀

• WLtoon

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:51 PM

Good evening fellow bloggers, i hope we are in good fettle, unlike me who is walking like Quasimodo atm.

Magicmac,

to answer your Q yesterday re Foggon, no, ,he does not like talking about his footballing days, he is quite a humble guy tbh, nothing big headed about him even though he was a cracking player.

• JohnJ

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:52 PM

Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM

A visitor from the south was on his way to see some relations in Northumberland and stopped to ask the way when he was nearing his destination.

Hello he says can you tell me the way to Red Row?

Yes says the man ye gan arrrrround and arrrrrround the rrrrrroundabout then when you come to a T junction just gan straight on.

• WLtoon

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:59 PM

Newcastle city centre is getting a £50M makeover , 5 streets are being made pedestrian only including Grey St and Blackett St.

• WLtoon

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:59 PM

Ideal for the drinkers who frequent the centre, they won`t have to worry about dodging traffic when they`re pished

• WLtoon

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM

Eh, something dodgy going on with this laptop

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:02 PM

WorB lmao.
    She knows what a penius is but I had to liken it to a magic wand, when it’s long and straight it magically makes babies, but as you get older the wand loses its power and it goes wobbly so you have to take the tablets to make it better again.

• Carson80

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:04 PM

WLtoon that’s the project what the Reuben brothers have bought into.

• magicmac54

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:05 PM

The Wife

I think perhaps you already have enough on your plate looking after all us human children on the Blog he he he. When you eventually get to visit Northern Ireland try and do a tour around the Glens of Antrim the landscape is stunning and its close to the coast its a beautiful part of Northern Ireland.

• Nufc 4ever

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:06 PM

Carson

You do realise Bruce turned the job down before Sourness got the job

• WLtoon

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:06 PM

Carson,

Had a feeling they might have something to do with it.

• toon22

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:06 PM

Carson80

Refuse to get excited at pictures of bread
    Im sure they all can be described at having hidden messages
    Im sure theres been alot of excitement over them

Myself i doubt anyone who is paid by the parasite regardless

1 2 3 6