web analytics

Magpie Scores Again On International Duty As He Hopes To Impress During Newcastle’s Final Run

After scoring in Scotland’s 1-1 draw at Isreal over the weekend, Ryan Fraser found the net again last night as Scotland downed the Faroe Islands 4-0 for their first win in World Cup Qualifying. They also drew 2-2 at Austria last week in which Ryan did not play.

Fraser starred in a new role for his country last night. Scotland head coach Steve Clark asked the 26-year-old to play right wing-bac. It worked wonders as Scotland kept a clean sheet and Ryan headed in their final goal of the night.

After the match, Ryan gave an interview about the big win. It can be seen in this YouTube video.

One of the first questions posed to Fraser was about playing right wing-back as Scotland were set up in a 3-5-2. This is what Ryan said about playing in the slightly unfamiliar role:

“I ain’t played right wing-back in about four years if I’m going to be honest. So when the gaffer asked me to do it, I’ll play anywhere he wants me to play.

“I think that’s why we’re doing so well. It’s because everyone wants to play for the manager and when you want to play for the manager, you’ll do anything for him. You’ll run through brick walls for him.

“When he asked me to play right wing-back, it was never going to be no. So I just gave it my all and, obviously, I’m just happy to get the goal and the win at the end of the day.

“I’ve never said it but I’m buzzing to get the clean sheet as well, which I never thought I’d say as well. It’s nice.”

Those are some interesting comments from Ryan about running through brick walls for his manager. That is precisely what will be required from Newcastle over the next nine matches for us to survive. If not for the manager, then at least for the club and its fans.

A follow-up response from Ryan did reveal that he has Newcastle on his mind. He was later asked about Scotland’s next match, which will be during this summer’s European Championships against the Czech Republic.

The winger was not thinking that far ahead just yet. This was Fraser’s response when asked if he felt playing in The Euros in June would be an incredible occasion:

“Yes, 100%. I need to try and get there first. We’ve still got, what is it, nine games or something like that, the rest of the season, two-and-a-half months.

“I need to try and go back and play and do well, and hopefully, the manager picks me.

“I don’t want to just come along. I want to be in the starting eleven for that first game in the summer so I’ll do everything I can.”

Fraser has made 22 appearances for Newcastle so far this season with a goal and 3 assists. However, starts have been hard to come by. While he has started the last three matches since Allan Saint-Maximin was injured, that only brought his total number of starts in the league to 9.

Ryan should get another shot on Sunday against Tottenham with Allan likey only to return as a substitute. Newcastle could certainly use some goals from Ryan over the last nine matches. Hopefully, we’ll see a lot more from him in the coming weeks.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:08 PM

And vice versa Regan. We love going to Harrogate and Knaresborough quite often on a Bank Holiday Monday.

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:09 PM

have to pop out for a bit play nice lads stay safe …

tomorrows subject is how to make the perfect spag bol …

and just remember they are BUNS not BAPS πŸ˜€

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Magscar been to Scarborough for many a night out and for days out with wife and bairns.
    Love Scarborough and Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay.

• Wor B

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Non footy post

Magscar

Making pease pudding is super simple mate…

Keep the liquid from the boiling of your ham.

Chop an onion and carrot, throw both in a large pan with a packet of dried lentils/split peas, add the stock so the contents are covered by about an inch. simmer for 30 – 40 mins stirring occasionally (it’ll stick to the bottom or the pan towards the end).

Once it’s turned mushy add a muckle lump of butter and blend it till smooth.

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:12 PM

CARSON …

just seen your post , i get what you mean mate if it wasn’t for our gandkids being here in Derby we would move back like a shot …

• magscar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:13 PM

Tom

On the tinned Pease pudding – we don’t have a local Asda but I do think i have fallen foul of that.

The tub Lidl cersion is fresher I believe and apparently a reasonable substitute

Anyway tere will be a queue of folk wanting to talk football so I will say – see you later

In reality my stomach’s begiin to rumble πŸ˜‰

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:13 PM

Carson..

Have to meet up when you come again mate..

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:14 PM

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:15 PM

Stay well clear of these new fangled “oven bottom” muffins from Lancashire otherwise you’ll be tarnished for life.

Baps it is then.
    Or Stottie.

• magscar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:16 PM

Carson

Great area for countryside and sea – harbour and castle remind me of home p just not as good as Tynemth and Shields ( he whispers)

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:16 PM

#CarsonwhenyoumeetupwithRegantakeyourownwotsits

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:16 PM

Mister Tuff

Didn’t know Allardyce was from Somerset

• magscar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM

Wor B

Good recipe (one I could manage I think)

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM

There BUNS i tell you BUNS …

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM

Regan sounds a plan that like, might say to the wife just off to the toilet and meet for a few drinks then go back and tell her the queue for the toilet was terrible.

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:20 PM

Definitely Carson lad..

Coming home likes this neck of the woods too I think…

Get this virus thing out of the way and we’ll sort it mate..

• WLtoon

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:20 PM

Jeez, mention food and the blog goes ballistic, more posts in the last 30 mins than 7 hours yesterday πŸ™‚

• cyprus

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:22 PM

Fraser, good lad good player. Play him 90″.

Also, SB, find a place for Ritchie, kiss and make up. We need that kind of player now.

On… Liverpool, Wijnaldum to Barcelona for an astronomical fee? I guess he wanted out, so no complaints on that. Do we get something?

They’re getting rid of their fringe players, all better than ours. We’re linked with Origi, would’ve preferred Shaqiri.

On ex Liverpool, how did we miss out on a real playmaker like Lallana? We need that! I hear he’s gone to a team that play like Barcelona, at least against us πŸ™‚

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:23 PM

Know what you mean Magscar, me and my brothers used to love South Shields when we went there for the day.
    Used to always be oil rigs there and the big DFDS ships coming or going.

• Adamn_92

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:23 PM

See that all of Spurs’ full backs are either injured or touch and go regarding knocks. For most teams, this news would mean a tactical change and exploiting their full backs, bombing down the wings. I doubt Bruce is even aware of any of this and will just throw 11 names at a team sheet.

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM

Regan sounds good mate.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM

Too much sausage talk on here.
    Back to our plight; I really think we should start fearing the wurst.
    Everyday is like groundhog day.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM

Ham and pease pud in a proper stottie – top sarni.

You can get the proper pease pud in Iceland – made in South Shields I believe.

As Magscar reports do not use the tinned stuff – it’s terrible.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:26 PM

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:32 PM

I think we’ll get something from the spuds game..

Hopefully a win..

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:35 PM

Think I had Pease pudding from a tin..

Had the ten Bob bits for days..

Wasn’t nice…,and never had it since.,

• magscar

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:35 PM

Mister T

Oh – we have a local Iceland and Dicksons is a great brand and shop from memory – not yet venturing out ( although today wor lass is free from shielding) so might ask family to have a look out for me. However I have been told that not all branches of national chains necessarily stocjksame items ( Greggs stotties being an example – can’t get in store here probably needs a certain constitution)

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:49 PM

Magscar – the missus freezes our stottie supplies -they freeze well.
    Indeed some big stores may not stock “regional specialities”. But I think you can get the pease pud online.
    When you open the carton it should be consumed within 3 days.

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Carson you joined Twitter yet lad?

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:16 PM

Mund no I haven’t not yet, I will though don’t worry
    πŸ™‚

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:18 PM

Carson..

You don’t know what you’re missing …lol.

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:25 PM

Tell him Regan! πŸ˜‰

• JohnJ

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:25 PM

geordietom

Comment #111 Previous Thread

Just around the corner from The Spanish City was The Avenue pub where
    I used to drink and I also worked in pub as well. Sadly the Avenue is now a thing of the past.

There was a great bunch of lads who worked there and did very very get get up the leagues to C Division of the local Sunday League – We had some very good days indeed but sadly a lot of the players of the team have now passed on most recently our Goalie Mac who was only 74 but he must have been one of 5 or 6 that have since gone.

I also met my wife, to be June 1967, at the Bat Cave (Part of the Avenue pub – it was the old Avenue Bar) That was indeed a lucky day as far as I’m concerned as we had our 52nd wedding anniversary last year. πŸ™‚

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:29 PM

Well done John j..

• Wor B

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:31 PM

Well done Mrs JohnJ

πŸ˜‰

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:33 PM

Adamn_92,
    I mentioned this yesterday, although Regullion’s injury isn’t meant to be thought too serious and will probably play. But I think you’re right, he doesn’t do any tactical analysis at all. Stan Collymore hit the nail on the head when he said that you hear the other managers talk about the game afterwards and give detailed breakdowns of what went right or wrong. He doesn’t. I think that’s probably why he doesn’t tell a player he is dropped and gets someone else to do it, he can’t explain to them why they’re not playing as he’s dropped them for non tactical reasons, maybe not running fast enough in training or not being able to compete fifty keepy ups one morning. I honestly don’t know how he keeps getting jobs.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:35 PM

It’s Buns, Bread buns. Bap, Roll, Never.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:38 PM

It’s a barm in Blackpool as cleveleysbob will testify, a barm pot is something different altogether up here.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:39 PM

The missus and i was passing through some part of the country, might have been the Midlands and we went into a shop where we thought they might sell rolls (buns) and the shop keeper said, do you mean batches.

So we bought ourselves a couple of ham and cheese batches.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:41 PM

Jail

Barmpot was used an expression used a lot in Last of the Summer Wine.

Refers to an idiot.