web analytics

Report – Newcastle One Of A Number Of Clubs Tracking Young Forward

Like this time last year, Newcastle may have to draw up two lists of transfer targets, however, for very different reasons this time around. Last season, Mike Ashley had agreed to sell Newcastle to the Saudi-back consortium and seemingly all that stood in the way was the formality of the EPL’s owners’ and directors’ tests.

However, the tests lingered on and on forcing Newcastle to prepare for the offseason under a cloud of uncertainty. Newcastle were linked with the likes of Philippe Coutinho and Edinson Cavani while also bringing in free agent Mark Gillespie and extending Javier Manquillo.

This year the uncertainty revolves around whether we’ll be a Premier League club next season. So Newcastle could be scouting players based on us surviving or dropping into the Championship for a third time under Mike Ashley.

So when Newcastle are linked with a player, the uncertainty of our current situation must be taken into account. That goes with our latest reported target in Bristol City’s Antoine Semenyo. who TEAMtalk claims is on Newcastle’s radar.

The report states that Crystal Palace are leading the chase for the young forward, who has five goals and seven assists in all competitions for the Robins this season. He even put one past Freddie Woodman when they defeated Swansea 3-1 in February.

Semenyo is a Bristol City Academy product who can play on either wing or as a striker. He’s come into his own this season making 43 appearances in all competitions after a few loan spells with Bath, Newport County, and even Sunderland.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at the Stadium of Light but made just 7 appearances as he did not feature when the season resumed after lockdown.

Chelsea had a £1m offer rejected for the 21-year-old back in 2019 with Bristol City holding out for double that amount at the time. While he was on loan with Newport County in 2018, Manchester United had scouts watching him.

Brighton, Southampton, West Ham, Sheffield United, Norwich, and Watford are credited with a current interest in Semenyo along with Newcastle and Crystal Palace. His contract runs until 2023 so we’ll see if anything comes of this latest transfer link.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:08 PM

Do you know what Jail I wouldn’t grass on my worst enemy and I’ve been that way all my life but I did contact the Harrison’s a few times about some on here as there was a clear group who would have a pop all day every day at me and it only went one way me losing my shit. So for sanity of the blog I wanted something done about it but soon realised that wouldn’t be the case.

• The Wife

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:09 PM

Tackle,

I will once it’s been flushed. 🙂

• Tackle from behind

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:11 PM

Hypocrite: A person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:11 PM

The Wife
    Please can you do me a favour and remove all my posts from this thread so far.
    Thankyou.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:12 PM

The Wife

That will be difficult, I’m told.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:14 PM

Wife – especially the one making reference to a mosque – could see where that was headed.

• The Wife

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:16 PM

Carson80,

Unfortunately, I don’t have the access to remove posts. Neil has popped out to run some errands at the moment, but I’ll ask him to do it when he returns.

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:16 PM

Tuff didn’t you call someone a few names on the previous page? That ok is it? The Wife is that ok?

It shouldn’t be one rule for a selective few and a different one for the rest of us!

• Tackle from behind

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:17 PM

Carson

Don’t worry about me, I’ve crossed out your posts on my screen with a marker pen.

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:18 PM

Thankyou much appreciated.
    If there are any Muslims on here I apologise if I have offended you, I only meant it as a bit of fun.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:18 PM

booohooo booohooo I would never ever gwass anybody up never ever. Well apart from the folk on here that I do not like. My new blog gang and me are taking over big style even though most of our input is utter cwap. Booohoooo booohooo

• Carson80

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:19 PM

Tackle lol thumbs up emoji

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:20 PM

Haha why do you even waste the energy in posting that?

Boohoo haha come on be a grown up will you

• Mister Tuff

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:21 PM

Mund – you fail (conveniently) to mention Moansters goading just a few posts previous.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:24 PM

Jeezus.H.Christos, I tell someone to give ower on what, imo I thought was a preposterous notion that we’d still be in the conference league thirty years later and it sparks off a frenzy. We’re grown men. Look, it brought out a decent number of posts on who has and hasn’t folded or gone bust, that is what this blog is for ffs. You can’t tell someone to give ower without upsetting a few fragile souls, sort it out man, honestly.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:28 PM

*and women 😮

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:29 PM

A lot of people read every post on here and comment throughout the day everyday. The fact of the matter is there is never going to be enough football topics to talk about especially when our team has no tactics, no ambition, no vision and no interesting transfer news.

I quite enjoy reading the odd bun or bap discussion, a bit of music, a few jokes etc every now and then. There’s nothing wrong with shooting the s**t on here occasionally. It’s inevitable former or prominent posters are going to enter the discussion, that is life. You just scroll past and move on

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:32 PM

Very well said Tinman

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:37 PM

Arguing over the internet over nothing is on trend these days. Theres loads of reasons people do it. Boredom, feel intelligent, too shy to do it in person, vent anger, escapism etc. There’s a difference between playing devils advocate and being a tool.

I used to think there were a lot of people who always had an opinion on everything because they enjoyed the debate. Now im not so sure.

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:39 PM

depth charges away …

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:40 PM

Hopefully with the pubs opening soon everyone can go out, have a rive on and chill out a bit

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:41 PM

Some bloke just walked into my gaff..
    Took his rucksack off and sat down.
    I said who do you think you are..
    He said county league domino champion..

I said don’t you ever knock..

It’s ok..I’ve got me coat

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:42 PM

How many coats you got Regan lad? 😉

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:43 PM

Hopefully when things turn around from a football perspective we can all come on here and have a good chat and debate.

Because I can almost guarantee there have been serious conversations in the Harrison household about packing this up.

You will never get the comrardary on massive platforms like Twitter as you used to here. You’ll miss it when it’s gone.

• geordietom

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:43 PM

gonna be fun and games when the pubs open back up , covid passport before you can buy a pint , drinking outside only …

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:45 PM

My friend lost his ear in an accident and had to have a pigs ear transplanted on.

I asked him if it was working ok.

He said, “It’s fine apart from a bit of crackling!”

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:45 PM

Was up before the judge for stealing a coat from primark..

He said wasn’t you up before me last year for the same offence..

I said yes your honour…

But how long do you think a coat lasts..

I’ll shut the door on my way out..

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:51 PM

Have the FA been taking lessons from the Bruce school of competency?

Only nearby residents…. So no one from Leicester or Soutmpton then.

People will also be in the north London stadium for the FA Cup semi final between Leicester City and Southampton on 18 April, but only nearby residents, council workers and other designated groups will be eligible for tickets.

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:52 PM

Stotties in
    Baps out!

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM

Pure greed to open stadiums now this close to the end of the season

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:58 PM

TheTinman,
    I read that Mossad use devil’s advocate to rule out every single possibility of something going wrong on an operation, ie someone proposing something that is really unlikely to happen but could and in a million to one chance does. Used in a form of debate it’s basically trolling, how can you argue a point in something you don’t agree with.

• JohnJ

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:00 PM

Previous thread!

Regan
    Apr 1, 2021 at 2:47 PM

Yes that’s the one – The one you have to come back home for!
    I always felt I was home once I crossed back over the Tyne Bridge!

TheTinman
    Apr 1, 2021 at 3:39 PM
    Anyone ignorant enough to prognosticate a Newcastle victory on Sunday should go and give their head a wobble!!
    Well I’m just about 99% sure we’ll get bog all but there’s just this little feeling……. Ah well…..

Wor B
    Ah yes that memory is returning – It wasn’t me honest!

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:01 PM

Everything in life is football related.
    Bill Shankly and Sir Bobby Robson confirmed that.

People just have to look beyond the obvious.

Stotties or Baps with sausage or burger are what you have at SJP before, during and after a match.

Primark is where some fans like Regan get their coats to watch the match in.

Jokes are what keep us sane when confronted with Ashley, Bruce and Chumley.

Night shift music is all about choosing tunes for playing at the ground for match day.

Its all there to see.

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:02 PM

Sometimes it’s eye opening to try and see something from another perspective. Actually writing it down and forming an argument helps you focus on it a bit more rather than just thinking it in your head.

You can challenge your own beliefs and either solidify them further or realise you were blinded by stubbornness

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:02 PM

Anyway that’s enough of my nonsense. .

But if someone could let me know when the bruceless bingo tickets are coming round..

It would me much appreciated

• hibbit

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:03 PM

the little baker in yarm makes dozens of these Fadgies

Fadgies are a bread buns that are peculiar to Teesside. They are made with lard and are a simple (single prove) bread. They’re ideal for a beginner bread maker.

Put 675 grams of flour into a large bowl and mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. When it is mixed in well add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 2 1/2 teaspoons of dried or easy yeast and mix all this together. I use a hand mixer with the dough beaters on for this. Rub in 1 1/2 tablespoons of lard but note that you won’t get the breadcrumb effect that you do when you make pastry. Add 400 millilitres of warm water (mix 225 mls of cold water with 75 mls of hot water) and mix in thoroughly before turning out and kneading for between 5 and 8 minutes. It will be smooth and elastic when it is ready to shape.

Mould gently into a squarish shape and cut into 3 length wise with a sharp knife then cut into triangles. This should make nine buns.

Place on a lightly oiled baking tray (you’ll need two) and leave in a warm place, covered in cling film, to prove for 45 minutes to 1 hour. They will double approximately in size. Dust liberally with flour and bake in an oven preheated to 230 C for 15 minutes. When they are ready they will sound hollow when rapped on the bottom with a knuckle.

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:04 PM

If Eddie Howe goes to Celtic then does Graeme Jones follow him there?
    That leaves us with Roy Keane and Nick Butt joining Bruce as Ashleys dream time.

(moves towards fireplace wretching)

Not on my time thank you.

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:06 PM

John, you know I was just making an effort to go for the word of the day right, no offence meant.

• The Wife

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:08 PM

As Jail said yesterday, every day is a school day. My bread-related vocabulary has vastly improved today, that’s for certain. 🙂