web analytics

Report – Newcastle One Of A Number Of Clubs Tracking Young Forward

Like this time last year, Newcastle may have to draw up two lists of transfer targets, however, for very different reasons this time around. Last season, Mike Ashley had agreed to sell Newcastle to the Saudi-back consortium and seemingly all that stood in the way was the formality of the EPL’s owners’ and directors’ tests.

However, the tests lingered on and on forcing Newcastle to prepare for the offseason under a cloud of uncertainty. Newcastle were linked with the likes of Philippe Coutinho and Edinson Cavani while also bringing in free agent Mark Gillespie and extending Javier Manquillo.

This year the uncertainty revolves around whether we’ll be a Premier League club next season. So Newcastle could be scouting players based on us surviving or dropping into the Championship for a third time under Mike Ashley.

So when Newcastle are linked with a player, the uncertainty of our current situation must be taken into account. That goes with our latest reported target in Bristol City’s Antoine Semenyo. who TEAMtalk claims is on Newcastle’s radar.

The report states that Crystal Palace are leading the chase for the young forward, who has five goals and seven assists in all competitions for the Robins this season. He even put one past Freddie Woodman when they defeated Swansea 3-1 in February.

Semenyo is a Bristol City Academy product who can play on either wing or as a striker. He’s come into his own this season making 43 appearances in all competitions after a few loan spells with Bath, Newport County, and even Sunderland.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at the Stadium of Light but made just 7 appearances as he did not feature when the season resumed after lockdown.

Chelsea had a ยฃ1m offer rejected for the 21-year-old back in 2019 with Bristol City holding out for double that amount at the time. While he was on loan with Newport County in 2018, Manchester United had scouts watching him.

Brighton, Southampton, West Ham, Sheffield United, Norwich, and Watford are credited with a current interest in Semenyo along with Newcastle and Crystal Palace. His contract runs until 2023 so we’ll see if anything comes of this latest transfer link.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:08 PM

“Dad, how comes my sister is called Teresa?”

“Because your mum loves Easter and it’s an anagram of Easter.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“No problem Alan!”

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:10 PM

And just like at school some need a little more help understanding than others ๐Ÿ˜†

• NY Mag

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:10 PM

Mund,

How did you manage to get a hold of Tomโ€™s jokebook ๐Ÿ˜€

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:13 PM

NY

Tom was my padawan, itโ€™s time the master took control ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:14 PM

The wind tunnel joke will take some beating…

Still chuckle at that one..

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:15 PM

The Wife,
    The blog is indeed a place of learning. You’ll have heard of stotty cake. Many years ago someone told me it comes from the Scandanavian word for bread, stot. I told many people that same explanation and found out on here from a Scandinavian poster that it doesn’t and in fact there’s nothing even remotely sounding like that in any of those Nordic countries, I’d been sold a pup ๐Ÿ˜›

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:15 PM

The funniest person on the blog is Tackle without a doubt. His jokes are all original

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:16 PM

Anyone watched Seaspiracy on Netflix? Blew my mind that ๐Ÿ™ I knew things where bad but I had no idea how bad and the real goings on of what we donโ€™t know about. Truly shocking

• lochinvar

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:16 PM

Scotch was cheap but bar staff used to top up your pint with the dreggs from the pumps so cod be an acquire taste.
    They couldn’t tamper with a bottle of broon.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:16 PM

loch,
    They weren’t at Bournemouth together.

• Mund

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:17 PM

Tackle has my vote too

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:17 PM

Jail I thought it was because they used to stot the dough off the floor

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:18 PM

Tinman. .

Without doubt mate..

Could you imagine having a beer with him…lol.

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:20 PM

He’d probably lamp me after I spat half my pint out on his face

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:22 PM

The Tinman,
    It may well be but I told people it was the Viking word for bread and before the days of the Internet there was no reason to disbelieve it ๐Ÿ™

• TheTinman

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:23 PM

I think I learned it in first school watching a show called Geordie Racer which was about someone with racing pigeons..!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:23 PM

We should have the latest delights from an upbeat Steve Bruce press conference in the morning. I can’t wait ๐Ÿ™„

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM

The Tinman,
    According to Wiki you’re right.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:27 PM

Found this helpful Stottie information.

I like a Stottie, but can’t find anywhere that makes them like they used to be – I think mass production has taken away the best of the Stottie days.

• Not another deJong

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:48 PM

Just watching how Jonjo started his career doing just the same as he does for us. Which is probably why he has not lasted too long at other clubs.

Newcastle United 2 Liverpool 0 | 2012 | Full 90 Minutes

• Munster Mag

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:53 PM

Ha ha I question Tuffys favourite and highly broadminded and informative old wives paper and he calls me all sorts of rude names.

Then blames me ๐Ÿ™‚

Class from the Swamp Cleaner.

Any stories for us today regarding Princess Di / immigrants / nasty foreigners taking all your jobs etc?

LMAO ๐Ÿ™‚

• WLtoon

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM

Just sticking my head round the door and say that if anyone is struggling with back pain i recommend a long hot water bottle/belt.
    Just got mine and its brilliant

• Not another deJong

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM

Nick De Marco QC@nickdemarco_

Happy Easter! Itโ€™s been such a busy year Iโ€™m really hoping for a couple of days off over the weekend. Time to enjoy a beer in the garden, specially chosen to wish good luck to Newcastle who should beat Spurs on Sunday. #easter #beer #selfie 1/2

2/2 Good luck tomorrow to QPR (of course), & clients Derby, Bournemouth, Stoke, Forest, Watford & SWFC (so that better be a draw!). Most of all everyone have a happy, safe & restful Easter x

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:33 PM

WL. .

As long as it doesn’t affect your drinking arm mate..

• WLtoon

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:37 PM

Regan,

Aye , got to get my priorities right mate, can`t be spilling my Tetley`s tea, now can i.

• Regan

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:37 PM

Enjoy your Easter mate..

• WLtoon

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:49 PM

You too Regan,, i know you will get hammered at some point, and why not , Thumbs up emoji

• Tackle from behind

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:51 PM

Loch

I don’t think Graeme Jones ever worked under Eddie Howe – he went to Bournemouth after Howe had left. So unlikely that Howe would choose him as an assistant.

Would take Keane though, again unlikely as he is no ones patsy and would probably knock Ashley out if he suggested “just keep us in the Prem”.

• toon22

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:56 PM

Ohh well
    Still not sold
    The clowns still here too

A tactical master class in awaiting us on Sunday

• bettyswallocks

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:22 PM

This De Marco character’s starting to get up my nose a bit now. So what if he can bake his own bread. I’m sure he can bake buns and baps etc too . Doesn’t mean he has to keep blowing his own crumpet.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:38 PM

All this bread malarkey is getting too much now. Itwas mildly amusing to start with but not every kin day.
    I suppose he kneads it.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:40 PM

swallocks,
    He’s been getting on my t!ts for awhile now, why can’t he just keep out of the spotlight and just let us forget about it while he goes about his work.

• DubaiMicky

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:44 PM

***Non Football Related***

Just to say whoever on this blog suggested Bloodlands, absolutely epic. Thank you.

Oh, and if it wasn’t someone here (although I think it was), just watch it.

• toon22

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:44 PM

This guys a QC
    He must know the reaction hes getting to his tweets
    The turds PR must be happy with them or they would have told him to STFU

Canny un professional in my opinion
    This guys woking on a confidential case but seems to love a bit on inuendo
    Would you be happy paying him QC ?
    With all the twitter mlarkey

Typical of the turd isnt it

• WLtoon

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:46 PM

Its Fatima who is doing all the spadework re arbitration, not De Marco, he is just her tea boy.

• toon22

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:46 PM

Seems to be used by some as proof of some kind of sale
    But at the same time its pointed out he is posting on his own blog

Like some kind of Schrรถdinger’s sale
    Were we are and arnt being sold att he same time

Divint forget to snap up those STs

• toon22

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:47 PM

After all this is over
    Will it have enhanced his reputation ?
    Seems to me he cant be trusted to keep his gob, or his blog, shut

• Wor B

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:48 PM

The Wife

Right hinnie stand down I’m back after a productive session losing numerous golf balls then discussing it over several powerfully hopped IPAs.

So if you haven’t already called word of the day I’m thinking we have a four way tie…

DubaiMicky… SNAFU

Tackle from Behind… Munchausen syndrome

The Tinman… Prognosticate

The Wife… Discombobulated

Tackle is disqualified for already picking up funniest blogger today! ๐Ÿ™

(honourable mention to Bettys for some proper funny stuff that sometimes goes over the head).

Miicky is disqualified for using an acronym ๐Ÿ™

The Wife is disqualified for being staff ๐Ÿ™

Leaving the Tinman to pick up today’s award. ๐Ÿ˜€

If only he had a heart. ๐Ÿ™

• toon22

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:48 PM

Meanwhile

Who benifits from this ?
    Its certainly not the fans, or the team
    If i didnt know better its benifitted the turd hasnt it

• Uncertain Toon/World

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:50 PM

I recommend the Sheldon oven bottom baked buns/rolls/baps whatever you call them. 6 in a packet, bought them from Sainsburys and CO-OP thus far. Decent life on them, last far passed use by as well and remain serviceable.

Just felt I had to contribute that although I know It’s late to the party ๐Ÿ˜‰