web analytics

Bruce ‘Would Desperately Want Fans In The Ground’ Despite Potential Backlash

During Steve Bruce’s press conference this morning, he was asked a lot about his tenuous position as Newcastle’s head coach after the dreadful result at Brighton two weeks ago. He revealed very little other than what we’ve heard over the past few weeks.

Bruce confirmed that he’s received support from Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley while reaffirming his stance that he will not walk away. He was also asked about the recent poll in the Chronicle in which 95% of the 14,000 who responded wanted him to be replaced.

While Bruce did seem aware of the poll, he maintained that he was not taking any notice of it. He also dispelled a recent claim that he was involved in intense meetings with Lee Charnley.

Bruce said the following about his meetings with Charnley:

“Lee Charnley comes down to the training ground every week. There’s nothing different in that. Nothing different whatsoever in that.

“He comes down every week to see how things are. There’s nothing new or different in that. That’s the way it works.”

The next question was asked by The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards, who had originally reported about the ‘frantic meetings’ earlier in the week. Edwards followed up on Bruce’s response about the poll by asking about what the potential atmosphere would be like in St. James’ Park if fans were allowed to attend matches.

This was Bruce’s verdict on whether having fans back in the stadium now would be positive or negative considering the poor form the team is in:

“Look, I would desperately want the fans in the ground. Absolutely 100%.

“Without them, then we’re just like every other club, playing behind closed doors. For me, we’ve all got sort of used to it a little bit.

“When we see the internationals and we see 4 or 5 thousand at the game. It makes a difference.

“Look I would want the supporters in because that’s what it’s all about. We’ve missed them dreadfully.

“I am sure at this particular time they’d get behind the team. That’s the most important thing. Look we’re in a scrap, we’re in a fight – let’s get ready for it.

“Certainly, the supporters would play their part in it. I’m absolutely convinced they would, to try and drive us over the line in certain situations.”

How Will Newcastle Do Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:23 PM

Ahh forgot all about the FPL until you mentioned it. Good luck to you Gail :thumb up thingy:

• magscar

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:24 PM

Uri

You’ll need to get the spoon out – it’s gpne positive – and don’t look at me 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM

magscar,
    I think we’d be naive to think that Bishop doesn’t use PR on social media, after all have you seen the glowing reviews on Trust pilot on Direct Rots after years of one star for absolutely shocking service. I wouldn’t like to name who was on here though and I don’t think any regular posters are.

• Mund

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:27 PM

Tinder is for rookies. Jump on marketplace and search for wedding dresses…

It will present you with a list of recently divorced females in your area and you can even filter by size!

• Munster Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:29 PM

Not at all Jail, that topspin backhand down the line beats you all day long :).

Any more Nigel and Martin for me? 🙂

• magscar

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:33 PM

Jail

I don’t deny that PR exists along with fake reviews on Amazon and IMDB i just don’t see it as a viable tool on here.

Twitter seem to be very influential – I say seems as I’m not on it or the other platforms although I am aware of their existence and am just going by what I hear about things going viral

Oh and your’e chatting with a Toon 22 outed PR poster right now 🙂

…… and I think you know from our irregular chats over at least 6 years that I am not – even though we more often disagree

• NY Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:36 PM

Jail,

Of course Bishop uses PR, that’s his job

But as Magscar said, it’d be a bit of a waste of money on this blog.

• magscar

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:36 PM

Just a quick non-scientific test

What do you think of the PR on here……

RUBBISH!!

with apologies to Morecambe and Wise

• Mund

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:37 PM

There is no PR on here IMO PR goes around bigger social media sites like Facebook, Twitter etc etc for bigger exposure and I don’t know who in here could be PR and I guess anyone who doesn’t agree with the frog is PR, anyone who is positive is PR and anyone who believes in a takeover is PR. So all positive thinking happy people are PR :thumb down thingy:

• Tackle from behind

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM

PR definitely used to post on here – I’ve got the payslips and P45 to prove it.

• lochinvar

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:41 PM

Looks like Sunderland are showing ambition and playing football in their drive to achieve promotion. The way their results are going they could well come up as League One Champions.

Bruce seems to want a reunion.

• NY Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:42 PM

Tackle,

But which name is on the payslip 😀

• Regan

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:42 PM

Loch..

Two sets of fans hurling abuse at him…

Won’t be good for him mate..

• magicmac54

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:44 PM

Hibbit

Hi Hibbit, just home and i see its your birthday, i wish your a really happy birthday my friend, and i hope your getting beautiful weather like we are having here over the pond, all the very best young man 😀 😀 😀

• hibbit

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:45 PM

influencers are used across every format , just dismissing them out of hand is quite naive in this day and age,

• Uncertain Toon/World

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:45 PM

FPL,

Bring Son back in for Bale maybe, decisions.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:48 PM

Toon training pictures from earlier.

Looks like ASM might be in for contention, but Wilson is only seen jogging and carrying the balls bag (no jokes pls).

• Mund

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:49 PM

You would need to understand all in this day and age to give a better assessment and if you don’t know all and experienced all of social media it’s hard to give a honest assessment.

Name the PR down the years past and present to grace this blog please

• hibbit

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:50 PM

Uncertain only Pizza on late KO’s

• Regan

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM

Had a few lined up there tackle lad…

Best not though eh….

• toon22

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM

NY

This is the go to site for toon fans globally
    Numero uno
    A couple of well placed shills here won’t cost much but will reach exactly the people you want to influence
    Then as we’ve seen your able to basically asset stripping us without too much opposition from the fans

People here have discouraged protests
    Exactly as they would do as it’s in the turds interests

• NY Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM

Hibbit,

Do you think there are any paid influencers on this blog?
    Usually when someone tries to influence others on here, that’s when the fights generally start.

• Munster Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:11 PM

Mund at 209, well said. Plenty of paranoia on here, pointless paranoia. Let them at it.

• Munster Mag

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:14 PM

I gave up the shilling Mund when Mike stopped giving me the slazenger white towelling socks. The man has no loyalty.

• magscar

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:16 PM

hibbit

i’m niot in the slightest naive and despite my years am well versed in technology and the internet

I know there are disputes on here about say boycotts but most of those posters involved still post regularly and about all and sundry.

Bobbybee one of the most vociferous doesn’t now but I believe he was a genuine poster but ended up having an unconnected meltdwon last summer on here and i honestly feared for his health especially with Covid and his vulnerability I imagine

I remain unconvinced that despite the existence of PR and influencers all over the internet that there any on here but if there have been they have been very unsuccesful in swaying opinion.

Take the ST arguements – how many of the say 50000 do you reckon post and read on here. I would say a very small percentage and many posters aren’t from the area or no longer have ST’s like myself and you.

Of the half dozen or more mates i went to matches with not one were even aware of this Blog never mind would entertain the idea of reading it.

We ae important to each other but we are not a major force in NUFC world at large – the crown for that goes indisputably to NUFC.com and they definately aren’t PR

• Moonraker15

Apr 2, 2021 at 7:50 PM

Regan

Re local derby next season.
    Even though Bruce is as thick as mince, he must wake up in a cold sweat thinking of 45k Geordies and 5k Mackems screaming abuse at him at SJP!

• Moonraker15

Apr 2, 2021 at 7:58 PM

Any Ashley PR on the blog would surely be supportive of the regime in some way!
    I’m not an every day poster but the only obvious one was jib a few years back, but I’m not sure if he wasn’t winding us up!
    He used to support Ashley but the changed.
    Anyway does the regime give a toss what the loyal supporters think?

• Moonraker15

Apr 2, 2021 at 8:05 PM

If Bale plays on Sunday he could well have a field day if we give him space!
    I fear we could get humiliated and that would probably kill our survival hopes.

1 4 5 6