web analytics

Newcastle Against Tottenham – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team we are predicting Steve Bruce will name for this afternoon’s match against Tottenham. It has two changes from the defeat to Brighton two weeks ago.

Bruce may not want to make any changes to the formation with Allan Saint-Maximin and Callum Wilson so close to returning. While Saint-Maximin may play a part today, Wilson will hopefully be back next Sunday at Burnley.

I suspect it’ll be Jeff Hendrick to come in for the injured Isaac Hayden. Bruce could also bring Federico Fernandez back into the team after not featuring in the last 12 matches.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho has almost a full squad at his disposal with just the two fullbacks injured on international duty ruled out for this match.

Newcastle Injuries

Callum Wilson (hamstring), Fabian Schar (knee), Isaac Hayden (knee), Allan Saint-Maximin (groin – late fitness test), Martin Dubravka (illness – late fitness test)

Tottenham Injuries

Ben Davies (muscle), Matt Doherty (muscle)

Our poll for this match has fans not expecting much once again. Almost 80% think Newcastle will lose this afternoon. Based on recent results, that is a fair assumption.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Fulham travel to face Aston Villa just after today’s match. So if Newcastle lose and Fulham win, we’ll be in the bottom three tonight.

Hopefully, that won’t be the case but in order to make it a certainty, Newcastle need to pick up an unlikely three points at St. James’ Park today.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:05 PM

* bandwagon

See, Tsunki wouldn’t have made a mistake like that!

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:06 PM

WLToon

The difference is alcohol and it’s lowering of peoples inhibitions.

Yes, the supermarkets are busy, but they have lots of space and you don’t see people buying a kilo of peppers then hugging all their mates.

Contact is the key to the virus spread – and the more alcohol, the more contact.

Look at what is currently happening to the countries in Europe who didn’t maintain the lockdown, came out too early or acted flippantly – they are now having to enter their 3rd lockdown.

Stick to the science and see it through is the better way – we’ve been patient this long, would be daft to spoil it now.

• kimbo

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:09 PM

If Nogoallinton starts the TV is switched off.
    Today is the day we go into the bottom 3 and Bruce will state there was lots of positives.
    Lot of positives for who?

• Mund

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:13 PM

Of course you have Bants :thumb up thingy: words are cheap fella but that’s all you have.

I could make stuff up as well lad. Plus I supported the toon before the entertainers era.

Keep up your piss take posts tho and I hope one day if you ever need help someone is there for you. Karma and all that tho

• Ron Knee

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:13 PM

For Fulham?

• dougie

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM

Andy Hinchcliffe on ssn saying parasite fc is the only club in the Premier League where he can’t see the plan and doesn’t understand what they try to achieve on match day.Maximum may be back today,big deal!Cant see anything other than a spanking today off Spurs.Im having my dinner after the match because as soon as I see Bruce the coward I feel like puking.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:19 PM

Mund,
    Last I’ll say, but I have argued with Jail (just last month) toon22 (100s of timesl and every one of the people you class as his friends. Ive also questioned Lesh well over 20 times over Jane, but in a more civil way. And Ive stuck up for Munster, Jib, Jane, even Baloney. Also Lesh didnt have a pop at you, he had a dig at Jane but mentioned you in a joking manner. You just flipped because thats what you do. The world is not conspiring against you, you just go about things in a us vs them way, seeing everything in black n white way, and are always spoiling for a fight, apart from the times you’re boasting about how friendly or positive you are. But if it was true you wouldnt need to repeat it. And Ive got no interest whatsoever in talking to someone with such a short temper and zero self awareness. I bet all your mates describe you starting ‘with he’s alright once you get to know him.’

• WLtoon

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:21 PM

Tackle,

I can only go on how well organised my local, and many other pubs were ran re social distances rules.
    There was no hugging as kissing when i was in there , in fact it was just the opposite, 2 to a table at most , that was if you were a couple, otherwise you sat on your own.
    Masks were worn a all times by staff, customers had to wear them while moving around and it was table service only.
    Unfortunately some pubs did not give a damn about the rules, and it is those pubs that have spoiled it for the ones that do.
    Supermarkets are a nightmare tbh, hundreds of customers standing in queues, which is the only part of the distancing which is adhered to, the rest is a farce tbh.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:22 PM

I cannot bring myself to watch Newcastle anymore. When we’ve been shit in the past, I’ve always had belief we could get something from the game. Nowadays I can only see us losing.
    I think Hendrick is is among the worst players I have seen in a black and white shirt and I have seen some dross.
    I saw us linked to Lundstrum yesterday, he is another typical Bruce plodder. It is depressing.

• Mund

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM

JAFDB

Give it a rest please mate. Open your eyes I’m responding to other posts about me.

Show me since I came back on where I’m gunning for an argument or this aggressiveness I’ve apparently shown since my return.

Please copy and paste and show me what your taking about?

I don’t know you and I won’t pretend to know you so don’t pretend to know me as you have no clue whatsoever of who I am and same for me about you.

• lesh

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM

Froggy

Two things

For ‘Pubs’ taking things to court, read Tim Martin of Weatherspoons – he’s behind it

And

If Hancock’s got nowt better to do, he could be beating his colleagues over the head to tell the EPL to clear the takeover, pronto.

• Mund

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:26 PM

How many have I had to bat off today? And I’m the argumentative one here? You all need to open your eyes to the real world as I think none of you get out enough (talking to everyone I battle with)

You’ve all got this obsession and I’d rather be unknown now than have all this it’s a joke. Move the foot on already

• cleveleysbob

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:29 PM

Missed the bus by a page and a half, must concentrate more. 😉

Repost

Accumulation- nominee for word of the day.

It seems to me that all we’ve accumulated are games played, and growing negative goal difference.

Sadly, not too many of those cheeky elusive 3 points for a win thingys.

Never mind, there’s always this afternoon to try and chase down the little buggers. ?

• lesh

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM

WLtoon

It’s just a pity that all pub-goers behaved in the responsible way those in your local do.

But, no matter what measures are in place, the weak link are the drinkers whose self control goes out of the window when they’ve had a few. I think it’s fair to say we’ve all been guilty of that at one time or another.

• toon22

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:31 PM

Ahh

The victim
    I’m the usual abrasive argumentative style

• cleveleysbob

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:32 PM

Tackle @ 42, well said, fully agree.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM

WLToon

Agreed there were places that followed the rules to the letter – and that’s to their credit.
    But in the towns and cities where it becomes almost impossible for the landlords and staff to police the large numbers – it very soon descends into a party and distancing is the first thing out the window.

Keep the vaccines rolling out and keep the distancing and we can get through this in the defined timeline.

Last thing I want is to get to May and find out we’ve gone backwards with infections and we have to lock up again.

• lesh

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM

cleveleysbob

The three points bit doesn’t apply to Bruceyboy. He believes he’s providing us with excitement by avoiding wins.

• WLtoon

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:35 PM

Good game going on at Southampton 1-2 v Burnley.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:35 PM

Southampton and Burnley are both giving it a go – 1-2 to Burnley at the minute.

Hope we see some fight from our players today – and that they don’t get stiffled by Bruces tactical nous – excuse the oxymoron.

• lesh

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:35 PM

Tackle from behind

It’ll not be May when the foot’s put down again. They’ll let the summer go then October’s favourite – as it was last year.

• lesh

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:38 PM

Tackle from behind

It doesn’t seem like five minutes since Burnley and Southampton were in the frame for the drop.

And there was Bruceyboy crowing about his ten point cushion. It’s gone and he hasn’t

• Ron Knee

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:38 PM

“As a Southampton fan, I ask our owner Mr Gao to do the decent thing and sell the club to someone, unlike him, that has some ambition and is prepared to spend some money.” (BBC)

Sounds familiar.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM

Lesh

So, let us out in May, then put us back for winter?

I hope not.

It’s up to the vaccine during and following summer, that and no new strains I guess.

I hope you’re wrong for everyone’s sake.

• WLtoon

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM

Tackle,

Yep, il`e go along with that mate., another few months of restriction won`t hurt if things can progress to eventual normality.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:40 PM

Lesh

Said the same yesterday – now it’s a 7 point cushion with West Brom and they’ve painted a target on us.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:43 PM

2-2 now at Southampton – nice finish by Ings – cool as you like.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:50 PM

If I was Sean Dyche, I’d put Tarkowski in goal – he’d save most of the shots with his ears.

His mam must have dried his hair by hanging him on the washing line by his lugs.

#jugalug

• TheTinman

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:50 PM

West Brom have 8 games left and they need to win 5 of them probably. It would be a shock, but they might have a bit of momentum now.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:52 PM

Lesh/Tackle/WL, the thing about Covid is we all know the problem, we all know the solution, but a significantly large group of people either don’t care, don’t believe, or with enough alcohol inside them won’t remember. – That’s the worry, the scientists (in the main) are in the safety 1st camp, of taking small steps gradually, checking the figures and re-evaluate the timetable.

Too many, for whatever reason, want to jump ahead and risk everything achieved so far, ignoring the progress made.

Not sensible.

I’ve not met up with any of my family (as we all live quite far apart) since Xmas 2019. That’s bloody awful, but I’d rather be patient and wait until it’s truly safe, so that I can cuddle my granddaughters again without worrying that any of us are infecting each other.

• WLtoon

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:54 PM

Nah, more like Tarkowski`s fatha is a chimpanzee 🙂

• Ron Knee

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:56 PM

Mark Douglas@MsiDouglas

Full Souness quotes. #nufc owner Mike Ashley “sticking two fingers up” to fans by backing Bruce.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Biggest problem today just might be whether or not Villa have their end of season flip flops on.

As they are in classic mid table, no man’s land of not going to Europe and not going down, they might take foot off pedal.

We, on the other hand, barring maybe 3 or 4 games have had the flip flops on all season.

It’s time to get back to work, put your boots on and do what you’re all bloody paid handsomely to do.

HWTL

• Rotonda heights

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:59 PM

Have I just missed another manic Munday or is it still ongoing?

• Tackle from behind

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:01 PM

Don’t mind these two teams banging the goals in as long as it stays a draw.

Just to keep them in the mix for some added hope.

Then I think – hope for what? That we stay up and Bruce does the “I told you so dance”
    then gets to bring in “his players” during summer and present a full SJP with more of his dumbball.

Oh dear.

• TheTinman

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM

I do believe Mund is a toon fan. I don’t remember when he first started posting if he was a bit more mellow or not.

Since he got his initial ban / wrist slapping he has not been happy with TheWife. He couldn’t see why others weren’t banned too.

Whenever he leaves for a break the atmosphere on here picks up and more silent posters come to share their opinion.

He comes back causes a shiiit storm by arguing with everyone and taking up 40% of posts on each page. When TheWife is on he often asks why others aren’t being slapped on the wrist or banned. He actively promotes Twitter and tries to recruit people there hoping they will join him and Jibbers.

He’s either an attention seeker or is holding a grudge and trying to reduce traffic or ultimately bring the site down.

• WLtoon

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:03 PM

Well, i have to say that the March prediction for the arbitration to be sorted has well and truly passed.
    Are we looking at another failed process? Have to say that the murmurings of late are suggesting that we are looking at another season with Bruce in the champo,.
    That doesn`t sound too ambitious or encouraging at all. maybe we should forget any thoughts of a takeover for the time being.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:04 PM

1 Hour 10 Minutes to KO.

• IrishRob

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:06 PM

Yessssss Longstaff is playing over Hendrick and Murphy is starting.