web analytics

Injured Magpie Is Desperate To Return Before Season Ends

Allan Saint-Maximin made his return after missing three matches with his groin injury. The Frenchman came on in the second half with Newcastle down 2-1 to provide a push down the stretch for the equalizer.

Saint-Maximin played his part as he started the move that ended up with Joe Willock’s leveler with just minutes left on the clock. Newcastle were able to see out the match for the unexpected point.

Callum Wilson was not involved though he is ramping up his efforts in training. The striker could be back for the monumental match at Burnley next weekend. Wilson has missed 7 matches since injuring his hamstring in the first half against Southampton, which was also our last win.

Another Magpie who was injured in that match has now given an update on his progress. Fabian Schar injured his knee in the second half against the Saints which left Newcastle down to just 9 men to see out that match.

Fabian’s injury required surgery and it’s now been almost two months that we’ve been without our Swiss defender. Schar is in a fight against time to return this season with just 8 matches remaining.

However, the 29-year-old remains fully focused on coming back before the end of this campaign to help Newcastle if he can. Here is Schar’s update on his rehabilitation which he gave while answering questions for NUFC fans on Zoom.

“At the minute I’m quite happy where I am after now 7 weeks after my surgery. For the last 5 to 6 weeks I was working hard in Switzerland.

“The only aim I had was to do as many hours in the rehab as possible. I’m on the right way.

“There’s a bit to do and it’s going to be tight for some games this season.

“Obviously, it’s my aim to help the team at the end of the season. I will do everything to try. I can’t exactly say if it’s possible or not.”

Newcastle have reportedly triggered an extension clause in Fabian’s contract so he’ll return for next season. Whether he can play a part in our last few games seems doubtful at the moment.

Newcastle also have Fede Fernandez who’s not played in 13 matches. Fernandez was unavailable for the Tottenham draw after picking up a calf injury in training. Hopefully, that won’t keep him out for too long.

As for Schar, he seems desperate to get back not only for Newcastle but also to represent Switzerland in the European Championships this summer.

Hopefully, Fabian will be able to return before the season ends, especially if Bruce is going to continue with the 5-3-2 formation that was brought back for Spurs.

Here is the full video of Fabian answering fan questions on Zoom.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match In 2-2 Draw Against Spurs?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:55 PM

WW

There would be no need for the current legal case then mate. It’s to prove separation but why all the hassle and the legal costs that are about 5M if PIF are off the table?

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:55 PM

If they can prove they’re are separate then Ashley can then prove that it was the PL’s fault for making them walk away and get compo from the PL for scuppering the sale.

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM

WW – that’s why I believed the view that they were only in for a minority share
    The premier league is still the most viewed around the world and inters full price was quoted at something like 850 million so they would get all of us for the same price as a third of inter. Plus italian footy isn’t regarded all that much any more for viewing

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM

It’s already been said it’s not for compensation and you would have to be pretty confident to put up them costs if it’s just for compensation plus the chair can’t award compensation that would be another separate legal case and lengthily time and huge costs to not guarantee anything

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM

Jail you’re right but ashley would then have to take them to court to get compen

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:59 PM

He’s still got the £17M deposit from PIF, it’s not costing him anything, it cost him a load of money to take Debenhams to court and lost.

• jane

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:02 PM

“huge costs to not guarantee anything”

how much do you think?

• geordietom

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:02 PM

Regan

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:21 PM

Kraft wouldn’t have landed yet….pmsl…

Bit like a jaap stam penalty..

Regan more like Bayles free kick yesterday , he come on as sub said to his team mates move over im Gareth Bayle superstar , last i heard the ball was somewhere over the MED …

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:02 PM

Jail I’ve already put up the article when you last said that and it was a totally different set of circumstances.

You think Ashley sees the 17M as free money to play about with? That sound like Ashley?

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:04 PM

So he wins this case, that paves the way for a bigger court case in which he might stand to win an even bigger lump of dosh. He gets to keep the club and a lumper, all paid for by PIF’s deposit win win, lose win situation for our portly owner 🙁

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:04 PM

I’m not saying it will go through. In my opinion it’s taking too long to be sure of that but I do think that is the aim
    I think ashley wants out this time and pif are the only credible game in town , especially at that price

• Regan

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:04 PM

Jail..
    Got no one else in my team worthy of being captain..

Debruyne n fernandes not producing the goods at the minute..

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:04 PM

Jane, well at the mo it’s upwards of 5M with no idea what that amount will end up at the end of the process then it will be another long drawn out process who I imagine he would still use the same legal team, so in the end it would eclipse the 17M deposit he got.

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM

Have you always played the devils advocate?

• Regan

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM

Tom…

Last seen near the Suez canal mate…lol..

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Articles Mund, written by the likes of Ben Jacobs who talk a good job, a very good job in fact. We don’t know what’s going on and this is just as likely to be about him wanting to prove he’s been wronged and getting compo as it is him forcing a sale, he’s been selling us for 13 years now, I don’t think he’s in that much of a hurry.

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:07 PM

Regan

Away mate enough Suez Canal jokes that ship has sailed…

I’ll get me coat…

• WLtoon

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:08 PM

Regarding the arbitration, was it not all going to be done and dusted by March? I heard it from someone involved in the case, straight from the horse mouth.
    Here we are in April and doing the waiting game, ring any bells.?
    Why don`t we start a sweep like we did LAST YEAR about the same issue, when will it be completed.
    Lets start laying bets on from mid April and make the closing date for the deal being sorted, say, by the end of 2022.
    To call it a farce is an understatement.

• jane

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:08 PM

“at the mo it’s upwards of 5M”

how do you know that?

• WWSBRD

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:08 PM

Mund
    Its not PIF doing the current legal case though mate, its Ashley who wants the PIF takeover but if he cant get that and gets the result from arbitration he is after he can start a court case for compensation. PIF are just in the background, remember they walked away when offered arbitration in the first place

wyn
    Aye true mate itll cost more which is why its just a 30% stake they are after there to begin with but money is nothing to them lets face it. I agree they still want a PL club but they spent years crapping on the PL and stealing from it then were stunned it was an issue when wanting to walk in the front door. Not sure that goes away

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:09 PM

That’s the thing it’s not as likely, not at all.

I’m talking about the last time you brought the Debenhams case up and I put an article up then to show how the circumstances where very different.

You said that last time as I said Ashley doesn’t do losing but it should of been Ashley doesn’t like to lose because like you stated he has in fact lost.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:10 PM

Regan,
    No matter what I suppose I can’t change what happens on the pitch due to a daft game 😀 but I wanted to cheer a captain on rather than hope he misses, wrong choice and I knew it 🙁

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:10 PM

Jane it’s already been said it’s out there

• jane

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:10 PM

will he get his legal costs back if the arbitration is in his favour?

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:11 PM

You’ve lost me Mund on the lost thing 😕

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:12 PM

WW

I see things differently mate. They walked as there was no way the PL where going to pass the deal, that was pretty clear.

• jane

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:12 PM

“Jane it’s already been said it’s out there”

oh out there!

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:12 PM

I tend to agree with you to some extent jail.
    I could see a situation where ashley gets his win and sells but then takes the league to court for compen over the delays. Maybe a win win
    Anyway the only thing we know for definite is the arbitration is live and the only subject is whether pif is seperate
    Anything else is speculation
    Although I hope it goes ahead as I’m not sure I could endure another season of the cabbage. Think I would be forced to give it a miss after 60 years of pretty much never ending crap

• Regan

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:13 PM

I’d have a fiver on the dalai lama …

If i was a tibetan man…

• jane

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:14 PM

is the £5m just for the arbitration or does in include previous takeover costs?

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:16 PM

WW
    I just hope they can get it sorted before the pif decide to go elsewhere
    Although I do think the current circumstances might mean they want the takeover just to shove it up the league – or at least I hope so

• Online Guy

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:20 PM

Steve Bruce having another go At Newcastle United Supporters..referring to us and our “Nonsense”

What a disgrace that man is .

What he doesn’t realise is that we are not like some other areas of the country who are almost passive in expectance of continual embarrassment on the pitch.

He forgets that in our area he cant get away with dross as Geordies world wide know their football both tactically and formation wise and can see square pegs in round holes and see something immediately if its not working.

We are Tactically adept and Bruce just calls us “Nonsense”

I cant wait to see the back of him as he shows his disdain for Newcastle Supporters.

The man is a disgrace.

• Regan

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Jail..
    Don’t know what was worse..
    Kane as captain. .or cheering villa..

• WWSBRD

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:22 PM

Mund
    If thats the case then there is no way it will pass now. Its at the same point it was when they walked away, arbitration over the exact same question…one which the PL are correct about lets be honest. PIF is linked to and controlled by the Saudi Govt…even paid for the hit squads travel to murder so reports go

wyn
    Personally I just want Ashley gone. If its not to the Saudis then hopefully to someone else, problem at the moment is while the Saudis are ‘at the table’ Ashley isnt entertaining others

• Online Guy

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:23 PM

Passive acceptance.

• WLtoon

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:26 PM

If you took notice of everything that is said on Twitter, or took what journo`s say seriously, you would end up a nervous wreck, or even worse, a nut job.
    I don`t even bother reading any article now because 99% of the time it is just rehashed BS or a journo`s opinion.
    Nobody of note has come out and said, look , this is where we are at.
    So, we are no further forward in knowing wtf is going on, it`s dragging on too long for my liking. AGAIN

• The mighty wyn

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:28 PM

WW
    I dont think there are any others especially not at that price so I think it’s all or nothing
    I’m still hopeful it can be proved that the state is seperate in law then all the other problems effectively go away
    You’re right though I think it is 50/50. Only hoping that ashley has been assured we have a good case
    Other hope is I dont think de Marco would have taken it on if he hadn’t thought he would win. These guys get to a stage where it’s more about their reputation than actual cash because the reputation makes the cash

• Mund

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:28 PM

WW

We have a different opinion on that as well mate. It was just a way for the PL to keep saying no.

• lesh

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:28 PM

Bettysbollocks

Defacing the Churchill statue wasn’t a very clever move. Nowt to do with me pal, I grew out of that sort of stuff many many moons ago – as you should have gleaned by now.

You’re surely not a trouble maker? Nah, surely not though it’s said that the drink can bring out the worst in those who appear to be the most placid. Have another one, and put it on my account at the Colonial.

• lesh

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:32 PM

Online Guy

Bruce seems unable to control himself. Either he’s I’ll advised or just too daft to realise that his fan-critical comments don’t help anything.

Someone needs to tell him to shut up but who? It’s clear Bishop’s letting him run amock so if his son had any sense, he’d be telling Bruce that he’s not helping his cause.