web analytics

Report – Newcastle Hopeful Of Extending Loan Deal For Midfielder Should They Avoid Relegation

Against Tottenham on Sunday, Joe Willock was not in Steve Bruce’s starting eleven for the first time since joining on loan from Arsenal. The 21-year-old had started seven straight matches but was only handed a late cameo at St. James’ Park against Spurs.

However, Willock wasn’t phased by getting dropped and used it as determination to make an impact on the match. The box to box midfielder made one of his trademark late runs into the box and was in the right place at the right time to power in the equalizer.

After the match, Willock expressed his disappointment at not starting but was more than pleased to have gotten the goal that rescued a point for Newcastle. It’ll be interesting to see what Bruce decides to do with the midfield at Burnley on Sunday as Sean Longstaff’s performance certainly justified him getting a start.

Willock has been a very solid signing and adds something different to the Newcastle midfield. He’s become a fan favorite with his gushing praise of the city and it’s loyal fanbase.

Even in these tumultuous times, Willock recently opened the door to him staying at Newcastle beyond this season. This is what the midfielder said just a few weeks ago:

“I love playing for Newcastle.

“When I first came here, I was a bit apprehensive of how I would take to it because I’d never left Arsenal.

“I’d been at Arsenal since I was four and a half, so coming to a new club, coming up north to Newcastle was a bit scary.

“But as I came here and settled in and saw the love from the fans that I’m receiving, of course, I’d love to continue playing here.”

The Chronicle has a report out that says Newcastle hope to extend Willock’s loan move for an additional season if we stay up this season. But they also cite a report in the Sunday Mirror that Arsenal may look to offload him this summer. Here is what is written in the report:

It’s understood Newcastle are hopeful of lining up a season-long loan next term if they stay in the Premier League but the Sunday Mirror claims Willock could even be sold in the close season.

The fee mentioned is around £20m which is likely too much for Newcastle this summer. However, there may not be many takers at that price with most clubs expected to have limited transfer funds this summer.

Hopefully, we’ll get Willock back for another year in the Premier League next season. Then in 2022, who knows what may come. Maybe we’ll have new owners and a full season of full crowds. Then a permanent deal for Willock could be on the cards.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:07 PM

Well said Novo on previous.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Strange day this- started with a rant, ended with a rant, changed nowt, probably wasted my effort, but felt it worth a try.

In between, we’ve discussed all sorts, from Takeovers – Tyrants, passing through History, indigenous peoples, the pyramids and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Love this place. 😉

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:20 PM

Shame we arent a club who buy players anymore. Glad we can help out struggling Arsenal though

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:21 PM

Yes! BOB, IT’S A GOOD BLOODY JOB I HAVEN’T BEEN ON TODAY. who where you ranting at ME and three others, go to the ground and shout at them I’M NOT A MUG. I couldn’t care what anyone on here thinks! I’ve worked to do with my money what I like, you all watch on the TV everyone of you with is exactly putting more money in his POCKET. IT’S HIS FAULT ASHLEY’S. There’s no one on here that goes, so your just spouting your rant at me and a couple of others. Well you can it’s a blog. Anyway I’m not joining your gang now I’ll be joining EGB TRIBE. 😉

• Novocastrian66

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:21 PM

JFK or at least his speech writer deserve the credit for that.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:22 PM

EGB, I’ll be in your tribe now.

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:24 PM

Tribal warfare haha this blog is some place

• jimiley

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:25 PM

He is too cheap. Remember Lewis at 15 million and Joey at 40 million. We will pass up on a decent player ( a midfielder who can run, whoever would have thought it) in order to buy some overpriced rubbish.
    He scored a goal against Spurs which neither Hendrick nor Shelvey would have scored. Why? Because they would have been ambling around the centre circle waiting to pass a ball sideways.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:28 PM

I joined NUST, it was £10 for life special offer, stronger together, yes that’s a laugh as well. I’m all for fans to stay united, but Ashley is driving us apart, i applaud all those who walked away. I am still not sure if I’ll ever go back but it won’t be anyone on here, I’ll make my own mind up.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:29 PM

That’s why Bruce put Willock on the bench. We cannot have midfielders making late runs in the box. They’re meant to wander around aimlessly on the halfway line and they had better make sure the central defenders don’t get too much graft to do.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:29 PM

I can imagine Arteta will be delighted to let him come back after he hears that Steve Bruce’s coaching ability extends as far as saying “go and run around a bit and try and score a gewl” 😮

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:29 PM

Well some one did mention we were tribal, so thought I’d join in.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:31 PM

Carltoon, sorry if I struck a chord, nothing personal intended towards anyone, simply the collective who carry on regardless.

I don’t pay anything to watch on TV, cancelled my subscriptions last year in protest to PL’s treatment of the takeover. I know I won’t change anything, but I’m comfortable knowing that I’m not putting money into Ashley’s pocket, enabling him to stick two fingers up at us every year now for 14 years.

I will never, stop anyone from spending their money on whatever they want, but it’s hypocritical to come on here and rant about Ashley and the crap football, if you’re not prepared to do something about it. Giving him your hard earned money isn’t the answer and I know you see that. But you love our club and your days at SJP, I used to believe me and I miss them like hell. But, he’ll never sell while 50k turn up.

And you can’t leave my gang, you signed a contract for lifetime membership 😉 sorry 🙂

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:32 PM

WWSBRD, it was a joke!

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:34 PM

carltoon
    No I am all for it mate, what is football if not tribalism at the end of the day

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:35 PM

carltoon

Good on you, I’ll get the sweat lodge warmed up! 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:38 PM

EGB, oh no you don’t, there’s contracts involved.

No sweat lodges, unless you pay up the contract. 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:41 PM

Carltoon, be aware, sweat lodges create havoc with the old hairdo, not recommended 😉

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:43 PM

Well I’ll do want I want, I’m a hypocrite now, that’s ok, who you” striking a chord “with me! Well can match going supporters not come on the blog without getting called,. Weve got just as much right as any other supporter to call Ashley, i don’t think I’m a hypocrite, to me it’s my club, he’ll be gone one day, it won’t make any difference, if I stop going, there will always be a hard core of supporters no matter what. It’s a disgrace that we get called, don’t see any of them call the fans that stay away. Well not on here.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:45 PM

Ha ha, Bill get the logs on the fire, and something to calm me down, that Bob’s got me all hot and bothered.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:45 PM

Carltoon,

Did you trash the garden boozer next door?

We got a point!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:46 PM

Bob

Smoke signal

short puff-long puff-short puff

short puff- short Puff 🙂

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:46 PM

If you could see me hairdo, i better get an appointment at me hairdresser next week or there will be he’ll to pay.

• Blaydon-Toon

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:49 PM

I would be happy to get willock on loan for another season with an option to buy as he offers so much more than Jon slow SHELVEY and Longstaff they have no legs – IF we stay up and Fulham go get Loftus cheek on loan or buy not that we woul pay out midfield with legs in it willock loftus and Hayden we could press teams

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:49 PM

UCT, I was fummin, he had a full bar, and I couldn’t get in. Listened to John Anderson BBC Newcastle and just watched the highlights. Can’t wait to get into the ground. JUST TO ANNOY BOB.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:52 PM

WWSBRD, You do know I’m Geordie a Geordie Boot boy (girl)

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:53 PM

I would love to get Willocks, he’s young and a great talent, everything we’re crying out for.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:56 PM

Ha ha Bill, I’ll be dancing around the fire.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:58 PM

Bill, I’ve killed the blog,

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:59 PM

It’s took hours to catch up. 🙄

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:01 PM

See that passion.
    That’s what we’re famous for!
    It’s just a huge shame it’s wasted on an owner like Ashley.

“Hot and bothered” – that’ll be the Daewoo! 😉

• magicmac54

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:03 PM

Jesus i wont be getting on the wrong side of Mrs Carltoon tonight, i value my life to much 😀 😀 😀

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:04 PM

They’re all frightened of you Carltoon, they think you’re on the warpath, and keeping their heads down.

Tell them their safe, it’s only me you’re shouting at, and we’re both too sensible to hold grudges, just different opinions that’s all. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:06 PM

Bob

Sorry about my comment 22 it was a bit crude.

Don’t see why carltoon can’t be a member of your gang as well.

We could what Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End did!

They even had a swimming pool!

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:06 PM

Evening Magic me old mucked, are you well? Don’t worry I’m the only one in the firing line, but we’re old mates and will get over it 😉

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:06 PM

Ha ha I’m really quiet believe me, I’ve been pushed around all my life, done what I’m told, frightened of my own shadow. I’m like everyone on here just brave behind my keyboard, I wish I was as brave in real life.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:07 PM

Mucker not mucked, sorry.

• cleveleysbob