web analytics

Report – Newcastle Hopeful Of Extending Loan Deal For Midfielder Should They Avoid Relegation

Against Tottenham on Sunday, Joe Willock was not in Steve Bruce’s starting eleven for the first time since joining on loan from Arsenal. The 21-year-old had started seven straight matches but was only handed a late cameo at St. James’ Park against Spurs.

However, Willock wasn’t phased by getting dropped and used it as determination to make an impact on the match. The box to box midfielder made one of his trademark late runs into the box and was in the right place at the right time to power in the equalizer.

After the match, Willock expressed his disappointment at not starting but was more than pleased to have gotten the goal that rescued a point for Newcastle. It’ll be interesting to see what Bruce decides to do with the midfield at Burnley on Sunday as Sean Longstaff’s performance certainly justified him getting a start.

Willock has been a very solid signing and adds something different to the Newcastle midfield. He’s become a fan favorite with his gushing praise of the city and it’s loyal fanbase.

Even in these tumultuous times, Willock recently opened the door to him staying at Newcastle beyond this season. This is what the midfielder said just a few weeks ago:

“I love playing for Newcastle.

“When I first came here, I was a bit apprehensive of how I would take to it because I’d never left Arsenal.

“I’d been at Arsenal since I was four and a half, so coming to a new club, coming up north to Newcastle was a bit scary.

“But as I came here and settled in and saw the love from the fans that I’m receiving, of course, I’d love to continue playing here.”

The Chronicle has a report out that says Newcastle hope to extend Willock’s loan move for an additional season if we stay up this season. But they also cite a report in the Sunday Mirror that Arsenal may look to offload him this summer. Here is what is written in the report:

It’s understood Newcastle are hopeful of lining up a season-long loan next term if they stay in the Premier League but the Sunday Mirror claims Willock could even be sold in the close season.

The fee mentioned is around £20m which is likely too much for Newcastle this summer. However, there may not be many takers at that price with most clubs expected to have limited transfer funds this summer.

Hopefully, we’ll get Willock back for another year in the Premier League next season. Then in 2022, who knows what may come. Maybe we’ll have new owners and a full season of full crowds. Then a permanent deal for Willock could be on the cards.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:37 PM

The Nust reveal it’s supposed not to be about the takeover. So what else could it be?

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:38 PM

Carltoon, which one Pocahontas or Hiawatha? 🙂

• NY Mag

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:38 PM

Bob,

Me too, it’s got me quite intrigued.
    I can wait until Thursday though.

• Online Guy

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:39 PM

Bob

Aye, got ya . It was reiterated 3 hours ago so Unless the PA news agency have just updated its same old news.

Will check Agency..Dog run first.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:39 PM

NY Mag

The Venerable Black Raven Shamanic medicine man he say you in our tribe!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:41 PM

OLG

‘Dog Run’ that heap big good tribal name!

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:42 PM

Bill, how much did our consortium collect? I seem to recall it was approx 25p and a bag of Wotsits, that should get us in 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:43 PM

Welcome to the tribe NY.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:45 PM

Going to knock off now, caused enough trouble for one day. Early start tomorrow, guy coming to quote for new blinds.

Night all, be good. 😉

• NY Mag

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:46 PM

Bob,

Bill,
    If it’s from the medicine man, Does this mean I get a free vaccine and bypass the waiting list?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:47 PM

Bob

I can’t remember who it was that set it up but I believe that some people were pledging big dollars to the cause, although we may have been a tad short of £350m! 🙂

• NY Mag

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:48 PM

Goodnight Bob,

Take care mate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:49 PM

Got to go, back later!

• captainmarvel

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:54 PM

NUST member from the start, £10 for life membership, worth every penny…

• carltoon

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Goodnight Bob,

• carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:01 AM

NYmag i posted on the last page, it’s about your gravatar, do your Running Bear.

• NY Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:13 AM

Carltoon,

Sorry, I missed that.
    Running bear, I could live with that (probably walking slowly is more apt)

• carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:37 AM

Goodnight lads, hope something good is in that Just reveal, but not building my hopes up.

• NY Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:40 AM

Goodnight Carltoon,

Take care

• lesh

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:25 AM

Carltoon

Careful where yi hang ya hat hinny. Thas sum funny buggas doon in thi south. Keep ya hand on ya ha’penny.

• lesh

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:35 AM

Prejudice can be overcome…..

• martoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:04 AM

One of the reasons I don’t post as much now is the animosity towards Season Ticket holders and fans who still go to the match (when allowed) such as Carltoon and myself. In case people haven’t noticed this is a NUFC supporters blog – the clue is in the name!

I keep seeing the phrase you are putting money in Ashley’s pocket. No I’m not because there is a big difference between the business NUFC and Mike Ashley. Yes he owns nufc but the accounts show he doesn’t pay himself a salary or Director bonuses or dividends as previous owners have done. Experts such as ‘The Swiss Ramble’ who dissect the accounts would have found this if he was siphoning money off as people claim. What he does do is he makes money from the catering, trademarking and nufc shop etc. and so I don’t use any of them.

This period has clearly shown that ST money etc. goes towards running the club which is why there are still staff furloughed and transfer budgets will be severely limited. So if we all stop buying tickets and ST’s it’s not going to affect the Billionaire owner or Millionaire players but the poor sods who work in the Box Office and Admin staff who will lose their jobs!

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:29 AM

Well said Martoon :clapping hands emoji:

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:30 AM

After completing a month-long rehabilitation camp in Bournemouth, Wilson returned to individual training at Newcastle’s Benton base last month and Bruce hoped the striker would be able to join in with the group sessions this week.

Looks like Ashley is outsourcing our medical facilities rather than investing in them here.

Or was Wilson sent to an old folks home on the south coast for the mild climate.

Why not Whitley Bay?

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:31 AM

All staff members have been concerned and worried as they don’t know if they will keep there jobs or not. The sad situation at our club. No surprise tho

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:41 AM

I always felt there was something poignant with the native Indian names which are genuinely spiritual if you live in nature.

They also had names for neer do wells.

Ashley must be ‘sullen black cloud’
    Charnley is ‘little sign of him”
    Bruce’ green man speak with false tongue’

• Nicky the ball tosser

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:52 AM

It’s never been about putting money into Ashley’s pocket though. Not from level headed fans. It’s about staying away to force him out, to shame him out, and to negate the benefit he gets from advertising SD on the box. It’s about not supporting the way he runs the club. Each to his own, it’s a tough call for some, but that’s the thinking behind staying away.

• Adamn_92

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:57 AM

Agree with Nicky. I think boycotting games is more to do about showing solidarity as a fan base and making a statement of how unhappy we are and we won’t put up with it any longer. An empty stadium sends that message a lot clearer than a stadium with 50,000 geordies in it, even if they’re shouting abuse towards Ashley. If we kept an empty stadium for a few games, it’s likely that our games wouldn’t be broadcast meaning a lack of advertising for Ashley and an overall negative image in the media. I’ll always believe an empty stadium is a louder message than an angry full one. Just a personal view. If any fans still want to go and watch or buy season tickets, that’s absolutely their decision and i won’t think negatively towards them in the slightest. What does seem clear though is that a complete boycott will never be possible with out fan base so we’ll have to explore other avenues if nothing changes next season.

• Munster Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:09 AM

If I lived in the North East I have to say I’d find it difficult not to go and support the team. People support the shirt irrespective of some of the Sunday league players who have worn it over the years. MC Keag was a useless owner and people still went in large numbers. Leopard and spots I guess, hard to change people who want to see their team play even if the owner and managers are useless. I wouldn’t want to spend cash in the ground but sky is his main income and that will stay. On certain days though, it’s always been a shame that the protest of a 25/30% full stadium could not be shown to the world via a sky premium weekend game.

• Munster Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:10 AM

Speaking of the Trust I’m not a member so I’d better do something about that.

• martoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:18 AM

Nicky the ball tosser – I have massive respect for your football knowledge and tactics which are second to none but on this I disagree. We’ve tried a match boycott, taking your seats late, walking out early etc. all of which have made no difference – in fact I doubt Ashley was even aware of some of them.

• stan anderson

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:26 AM

Do people go to the match regardless of everything just to say I,m a true fan
    Well I did the same till 10 years gone by and I realised I was not enjoying what I was seeing happening to my club so I stopped going as it was affecting my mental state.
    I was tempted when Rafa was brought in as it was probably the 1st sign of positivity shown by AshLie.
    He managed to screw that up through.
    Go if you must but I will not as long as he owns the club.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:30 AM

I see twitter is awash with people in the know but who can’t say anything about tomorrow’s announcement.
    So it begs a couple of questions.
    Why are the trust sharing supposedly confidential information with so many people not involved in the trust and b, why are all these people reportedly in the know, letting people know they’re in the know but can’t say anything???

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:32 AM

martoon,
    They’ve made no difference because too many people say they don’t make a difference and don’t bother. Did you stand up if you hate Ashley when it went round the ground against Leicester, with half the people just sat there refusing to get involved.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:35 AM

On the flipside to that Stan you had the departed Jib/Jeff etc claiming he was at the “boycotted” Arsenal match who then later claimed he was in Spain that weekend.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:45 AM

Jeez, I’m glad I’ve been staying in bed if this is what the morning is like lately 😮

• Nicky the ball tosser

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:45 AM

I think the level of fan discontent is pretty much total and redlining now though, which makes it different from the past. I think plenty are ready to stay away now given the owner, the manager, the quality of the performance, and the sheer length of the tenure, and also because the habit has been broken.

Personally I wouldn’t go because it’s such a poor product, with no attempt to improve it. It is an entertainment after all, and the owner really is totally inappropriate to the fans. It’s gone on far too long, and I think a half full stadium will certainly get his attention, and the media’s.

To be honest, I don’t quite understand what going can achieve, other than prolonging things as they are, unless you go and loudly voice your dissatisfaction with the owner.

Maybe that is the best bet anyway, half full stadiums and plenty of anger toward the ownership from those who do attend. But I suspect it’ll be more half full stadiums and a muted crowd.

• Munster Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:49 AM

Jail I was barely on here yesterday.

Whats the craic re NUST and an announcement? I’ll bet its just a rebrand or something.

It wont be related to the Takeover surely ?

• cleveleysbob

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:49 AM

Martoon, I’m not trying to be antagonistic or show animosity towards supporters who buy tickets or go to the match, and overall your points are well structured and important ones, but they do miss the main point of what, perhaps clumsily, I was trying to say yesterday.

(1). For 12 out of the 14 years of ownership, the club have rec’d an average £100M per season in TV money.

(2). This is because our matches are televised Worldwide to a huge audience, not just the U.K.

(3). To properly run clubs, this generates massive advertising/commercial revenue that supports the club.

(4). NUFC have been an advertising backdrop for Sports Direct and several other Fraser group outlets and brands for the last 14 years and I believe our total income to date for that has been somewhere between £2-4M all paid in the last couple of years. Prior to that it was free.

(5). That advertising would under normal circumstances generated approx £20M per year for a club regularly in the top 10 (where we should be) but has been lost to us for the benefit of Fraser Group.

(6). Think about it, that’s 1 x good player or 2 pretty good players per year!

(7). NUFC have made profits in at least 10 of the 14 years only the relegation/recovery seasons show a loss and even then he supports the team through loans which he begins to take back in £20M lumps, as soon as we’re “safe” again in PL.

(8). He might not take a salary, but I know I’d like the occasional £20M input to my account, and the rest he’ll get back when he sells (if).

(9). Look at the infrastructure and state of our club and tell me one good thing this leech has done for the good of our club?

This is why I get upset with our current state of affairs. An empty ground would hurt his Worldwide image much more than many realise. It would be a catastrophic Worldwide PR disaster for him, and if it was continued for a couple of Months, the fall out would be immeasurable. As I said yesterday, he’d sell us in a flash.

Oh and just for clarity, I don’t think he’d sack staff, because the negative publicity of that added to the already massive fallout from an empty ground would cripple his precious business model.

Anyway, I’m not trying to cause rifts between supporters, I’m trying to Unite the supporters because only a United front, with United action will force his hand, but it means sacrifice and if that’s something fans can’t do for whatever personal reasons, that’s fine by me, but Ashley is the only beneficiary of that.

Cheers mate and keep posting I like reading your stuff. 🙂

• Ron Knee

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:51 AM

“Manchester United fans go green and gold at Wembley in colour-coded protest against owners” (2010)

Couldn’t NUFC supporters do something similar when they attend matches?