web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

Newcastle are coming off an unexpected result after taking a point against Tottenham on Sunday. The lads redeemed themselves somewhat after the no-show at Brighton two weeks before.

However, it’ll take more than a draw at home to Spurs to clear the lingering stench from the performance put in at the Amex. This weekend represents a prime opportunity to make the air a little bit sweeter for Newcastle fans.

The Magpies travel to Turf Moor to take on Burnley in the early match this Sunday. This match again has heightened importance due to the following four being against clubs in the top half of the table.

So Burnley could represent our best chance to pick up that elusive win until the penultimate match of the season against Sheffield. Then the season’s final day is the showdown at Fulham which currently looms very large.

A result at Turf Moor will ensure that Newcastle remain above the Cottagers for at least another week. This time the lads will know what they have to do to prevent dropping into the bottom three as Fulham take on Wolves at Craven Cottage this Friday.

This could represent a problem similar to the one we faced at Brighton. Fulham had lost to Leeds before we faced the Seagulls ensuring Newcastle would remain out of the bottom three for the international break. That may have played a part in our anemic performance.

Another issue is that the lads don’t always turn up in matches they are expected to get a result in. That was not a problem against Spurs and we saw a competent and fiery display. Burnley are only four points ahead in the table and are coming off a defeat at Southampton.

The lads must keep the momentum going and pick up a result on Sunday. A win is really what is needed with the difficult fixtures on the horizon. However, a draw will keep Fulham at bay but will be a big disappointment should Fulham beat Wolves in two days.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:16 AM

It’s non takeover related. It concerns the club and the fans.

You only have to wait till tomorrow

• martoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:22 AM

In the latest NUST email it is titled:
    NUST Project – Launching on Thursday 8th April

So it is probably some initiative that NUST are starting – nothing to do with the takeover.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:25 AM

If this all turns out to be a damp sqib then it’s not going to do them any favours at all.

• Adamn_92

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:27 AM

Thanks guys, thought it seemed obvious it was non takeover related but didn’t know if anyone knew anything more about what it would be.

• carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:27 AM

carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:10 AM

Or we could all turn up at the ground and protest outside. OH! We tried that twenty fans turned up. I don’t think Ashley cares one bit. He’s evidently not bothered. What makes me mad is there are only a few posters who go who are probably not swayed by anyone on here, it would be better to go to the ground and try to sway the children, families, old folk, who just want to go to a match. People go for lots of reasons, you have no idea why I or anyone else go to matches. It’s not always about the crap football.

• carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:29 AM

Ha ha ha, it worked again.

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:31 AM

carltoon …

😀 😀 😀 😀

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:32 AM

Hand up i know what it is about …

• Online Guy

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:36 AM

Big announcement on takeover of a club at noon today. All done.

Its not Ipswich .

Strict embargo on news.

Newcastle United ?

• Rotonda heights

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:37 AM

No crowds = a minimum 25 – 40M loss for Ashley. Not sustainable. Even if we don’t get PIF, he’ll want rid to someone. Never happen with 50,000 turning up to watch dross. A full boycott has never been tried as it has with other clubs and that’s 100% exactly what Ash counts on.

Having to give away 10000 free tickets last season will have hurt and covid is killing clubs financially, others very much included. Fans of other clubs give me grief and ask why we’ve put up with Ash all these years. Sadly for the missing future generation of Nufc fans I’m ashamed we selfishly didn’t do enough.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:38 AM

Online

That’s cruel

• simon376

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:47 AM

Online
    Where have you seen that?

• Online Guy

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:48 AM

Rotounda

I dont know who it is ..just heard it.

Im in the dark .

• Online Guy

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:49 AM

Simon..was on talk sport .

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:50 AM

Over the years I’ve commented that I believe there are only a small percentage of matchgoers on here and therefore you can get a skewed view on here

supporting your club is nothing like going to a restaurant and taking your trade elsewhere if you don’t like the food as served up.

Stopping going for many is very difficult for some impossible – not an addiction perhaps but it’s way more than just going for entertainment.

I know because I’ve done it several times when I reached a personal stage in my life where a combination of factors conspired to make me not renew.

Didn’t stop me feeling all forlorn regretful and sad on first match of new season even though saying to myself – it was the best thing

Over the years of Ashley no fan, group or organisation has found the successful way to make opposition count.

If a sale doesn’t happen soon then more will take that difficult decision on their own or in solidarity with mates but not all will and there are others who will take free or cheap tickets.

There are many who don’t have internet pages but like Biffa and Niall or like NUFC TV and myriad other Vlog’s will still go regardless

I respect everyone for their personal decision – should i stay or should I go – and will never blame those who still go.

If i was still in Toon I wouid – sorry but I’ve never been good with orders

• Online Guy

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:51 AM

Ipswich town takeover was announced then Jim said annoncement at 12 on another club . Strict embargo on it .

Only 10 mins to go ..see what transpires .

• Online Guy

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:52 AM

Announcement

• simon376

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:59 AM

Interesting Online

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:01 PM

Rotonda

It’s a matter of opinion whether what you term not doing enough was selfish.

Not to get younger fans interested in their club despite Ashley could be long lasting as they can easily be distracted into supporting clubs that win things – I’ve seen it!!

If you don’t get the “My Club through thick and thin ” bug early then you perhaps never will – supporting your club thrtough the hard times means you enjoy even the decent times

Ive brought my kids and grandkids up to support the Toon although I moved away in 74. It’s a belonging, a heritage that sometimes has to be endured

I believe I’ve done my bit for future generations by suffering yet keeping the faith

Only my view but an equally valid one in a world of opinion

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:02 PM

12.01pm
    Still no takeover

As Diane Ross said, “I’m still waiting”

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:03 PM

derby ?

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:07 PM

Come back to Newcastle lad, we like a striker here and we need one.
    The idiots giving you grief are just that, idiots.

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been targeted with more racist abuse on Instagram, with the Championship club describing it as “spineless”.

Toney posted a screenshot of the message shortly after the Bees had been held to a goalless draw by Birmingham and said “honestly I’m done”.

• simon376

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:07 PM

Yes Derby I think

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:08 PM

nothing in the derby telegraph about yet …

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:08 PM

And……..

• simon376

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:10 PM

Derby been sold to No Limits Sports Ltd waiting on EFL approval

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:10 PM

simon who are no limits mate ?…

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:11 PM

KDB new contract, that was it
    🙁

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:12 PM

Derby takeover transaction – pending approval of O&D tests – lets hope there are no Crown Princes involved with No Limits Ltd.

• geordietom

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:12 PM

AND …

maybe we thought it was about us …

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:13 PM

Derby taken over and Ipswich sell majority shares, meanwhile Mike Ashley tries to sell club for 13 years.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:15 PM

Ipswich Town takeover done

Piece of pi$$ this takeover malarky – just pick a club, make an offer, get agreement, pass a simple O&D test – done and dusted.

• Wor B

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:19 PM

Haha

No Limits Ltd

😀

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:22 PM

magscar,
    Contrary to some people’s beliefs I have never had a go at ST holders, I was one myself until Rafa left. However I still believe that a completely empty stadium for an important game would make huge waves, too many people “don’t want to be told what to do” . Some people who gladly leave five minutes before half time to get a pint and leave ten minutes early to beat the rush then refuse to walk out on 69 minutes for example or won’t miss a game because they’ve paid for it but would go on holiday in August and miss one. There is absolutely zero unity in our fan base.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:22 PM

Wor B

Pleased someone’s awake

🙂

• Wor B

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:23 PM

Oxymoron of the day!

• cleveleysbob

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:30 PM

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think anyone on here has ever attempted to order anyone else to do anything. I certainly haven’t and never will.

What there has been a lot of are personal opinions about what action, if any, will achieve what we all want which is to get Ashley Out.

This is healthy, blog discussion, nothing more, airing views and opinions, seeing if a consensus can be found, which apparently can’t. That’s a shame but it’s where we’re at.

I’m not going to fall out with anyone over their own decisions to do what they want, for whatever reason they do it.

I, personally, miss going to games, but it was my choice not to go again until Ashley is gone. Others choose to keep going. I respect that despite believing that only an empty stadium will get rid. I believe that Covid and the loss of revenue, has forced his hand, which is why he seems almost desperate to sell this time. Hope he does, and we never have to discuss boycotts ever again 🙂 🙂 🙂

• simon376

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM

Tom
    No idea mate, just picked that up after typing derby football into google

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM

Jail

Never had you in mind in posting. It stemmed from discussion on last thread mainly but then saw Rotonda’s comment after my first post of day.

I have no issue with the dream of if 50000+ all stop going for how ever long it takes he’ll be gone……. except reality – it will never happen.

It’s each to their own and I won’t call out those who have given up nor blame those who go

• carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM

Jail, no you’ve never had a go. What I’m getting at is There’s so few on here who actually go, but it’s good to air it every now and again, im SELFISH now ok. another insult, That’s me who over fifty years have taken kids grandkids every kid in the street, all my son’s friends any one who wants go, to walk up them steps and experience St.James Park. That’s something I’m proud of.

1 2 3 5