web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

Newcastle are coming off an unexpected result after taking a point against Tottenham on Sunday. The lads redeemed themselves somewhat after the no-show at Brighton two weeks before.

However, it’ll take more than a draw at home to Spurs to clear the lingering stench from the performance put in at the Amex. This weekend represents a prime opportunity to make the air a little bit sweeter for Newcastle fans.

The Magpies travel to Turf Moor to take on Burnley in the early match this Sunday. This match again has heightened importance due to the following four being against clubs in the top half of the table.

So Burnley could represent our best chance to pick up that elusive win until the penultimate match of the season against Sheffield. Then the season’s final day is the showdown at Fulham which currently looms very large.

A result at Turf Moor will ensure that Newcastle remain above the Cottagers for at least another week. This time the lads will know what they have to do to prevent dropping into the bottom three as Fulham take on Wolves at Craven Cottage this Friday.

This could represent a problem similar to the one we faced at Brighton. Fulham had lost to Leeds before we faced the Seagulls ensuring Newcastle would remain out of the bottom three for the international break. That may have played a part in our anemic performance.

Another issue is that the lads don’t always turn up in matches they are expected to get a result in. That was not a problem against Spurs and we saw a competent and fiery display. Burnley are only four points ahead in the table and are coming off a defeat at Southampton.

The lads must keep the momentum going and pick up a result on Sunday. A win is really what is needed with the difficult fixtures on the horizon. However, a draw will keep Fulham at bay but will be a big disappointment should Fulham beat Wolves in two days.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burnley On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:56 PM

Derby sold to No Limits Ltd?

NUFC was sold 13 years ago to:
    No Clue Ltd.

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:57 PM

There’s no way you can get enough numbers to walk out or boycott that’s already been proven.

What about the thousand upon thousands who don’t use social media or the internet?

All great ideas but IMO will never have the desired effect

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Loch! Ha ha how true.

• Wor B

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:03 PM

Cbob

In the past Bobbybee, and more recently Martoon and carltoon have felt the need to defend themselves against criticism on here aimed at people who still attend.

The criticism ranged from the holier than thou to some fairly offence and aggressive name calling.

What ever your feelings on the matter it does seem wrong that a committed supporter is made to feel uncomfortable posting on an NUFC blog because they actually watch the team.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:09 PM

Robbie Earle picked out his MotM for NUFC v Spurs

It was…..Joe Ellington

and now this story comes out.

Please remember – these journalists get PAID for this.

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:10 PM

Well said Wor B

It’s a joke tbh and tbf the likes of carltoon, Martoon and EGB would school most fans with there knowledge and unrelenting support over the years.

I bet there is a few crying for fans not to go who have never had a season ticket

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:11 PM

carltoon

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM

Jail, no you’ve never had a go. What I’m getting at is There’s so few on here who actually go, but it’s good to air it every now and again, im SELFISH now ok. another insult, That’s me who over fifty years have taken kids grandkids every kid in the street, all my son’s friends any one who wants go, to walk up them steps and experience St.James Park. That’s something I’m proud of

• Regan

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:11 PM

The voting seems to be neck and neck with the win or lose this week..

I voted win…cos I think we’re great..

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:12 PM

Jail forgive me for the repost!

• Mund

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:14 PM

carltoon @46 that is amazing really incredible fair play to you

• Wor B

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:16 PM

carltoon

Yer like my nana when she discovered how to use the TV remote.

😀

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:22 PM

The thing is I admire fans posters who have give up, it’s a terrible you have to do that, I’ve never ever had one bad thing to say on them. And it comes up every now and then, we’ll never be united as long as Ashley’s here, it’s being told I’m selfish, or I’m the problem, for me it’s part of my life, I’ve not got much left, i feeling i give up that’s it I’ll never go again. I give every fan respect for their views, it’s hard to take when your only doing something you love and be called a problem or selfish. But it’s your opinion. Not going to say another word on it .

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM

WorB, ha ha I am a nana. This technology lark is easy.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:26 PM

Please let the news be a takeover!! 🙄

• Wor B

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM

carltoon

Respect to you for giving younguns their first taste of SJP.

I’ve done similar over the years with youngsters and some oldies who thought they’d never get to see another game.

The trick with the youngsters is timing. Walk all away round the ground 10 mins before KO to build excitement then up those steps with a couple of minutes to go. Got to make sure you’re just ahead of them to see that SBR moment on their face.

Just writing that has made me emotional. FFS I’ve got it bad.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM

School most fans with there knowledge

LoL – good one.

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:36 PM

Carltoon

Yeah as well as inflicting years of misery ( but also JOY) on my own kids and grandkids i am responsible for doing the same to 2 nephews ( from different sides of the family) whose parents weren’t even football fans never mind NUFC but recognised my passion and allowed me to pas it on to their kids

They are now both living in Scotland ( Glasow and Inverness) still keeping the faith and i hope passing on to theirs. They were young during the KK years but did at least have some great times.

Taking my youngest but one grandson during Pardew, McClaren then Rafa era’s was mostly painful but with simple joy of days like final Championship Sunday when we had finished our game but Grealish in scoring in the unfinished match ensured we went up as Champions – being in ground in those moments amongst fellow fans as we waited to hear result and celebrate is what it is all about

( I still hope i can do the same for my youngest now 3 year old in a year or 2

I have often mentioned the quote from SBR that Ed proudly and correctly uses on each page – it goes the the heart of what it is to go to a match and what the Club is.

Don’t just admire it – live it

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:36 PM

Tackle i know nowt, I used to watch every football match going, when I was younger, I new every player of every team. I can’t believe I’ve haven’t watched a game all season. I now I’ll be happy to just see game again. I used to watch all sports, but if you don’t have Sky you haven’t got a chance

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:39 PM

Carltoon

Have you got the internet and a laptop or PC?

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:41 PM

Magscar, exactly, I’m pleased I experienced the good times, hope one day we will have them back. Ha ha that last game when Grealish scored. Brilliant

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:42 PM

carltoon

I hear you and if you do ever stop it will be what’s right for you – only listen to your heart and be honest to yourself not the cries of others however well intended they may be

…. and of course same to Martoon and others still going hard as it may be

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:45 PM

Tackle i have, my internet is terrible, and, I’m nervous about downloading anything on my computer, because I do on line banking. My husband had MODRO but that’s been taken down, but even so that a!ways froze. Each time we’ve tried different stick things that we’ve bought, we get buffering and they’ve never worked properly.

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:49 PM

carltoon

Most matchgoers past and present know only too well that being in a ground home or away and experiencing good moments far surpasses watching on a stream, TV or in pub with mates – like being at a gig there’s no way can highlights from Glastonbury or a live album capture what the full experience is

I would love to have been there for Southampton ( Alamo) game for example – the emotions that you and the crowd go though in games like are just more intense and “lived”

• Scythe For Bruce

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM

• Ron Knee

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM

carltoon

Out of interest, do you follow our live matches on the Chronic website, twitter, etc.?

• Regan

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM

Personally for me…
    I like it when people come on here and talk about their experiences at the game..

Pre and post match..

Getting the idea of the atmosphere and the banter…

We’re not gonna get that if they’re sat at home picking their nose..

Just my opinion mind..

• Rotonda heights

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM

I think some people massively miss the point and value of – boycotting. I’m nearly 60 and have gone to more games both home and away than I care to remember.

However, seeing the enforced impact covid has had by emptying grounds, I really believe nothing else but losing gate money revenue would have made ashley even remotely think about selling.

Other clubs’ fans united to get rid of poor owners. We’ve had a year not having to pay to watch Bruce’s dross and survived. No one was ever calling for a lengthy boycott, just once, 1 empty ground in front of sky cameras would have been massive, but no, some of our fans are happy to keep on financing sports direct fc, justifying it any way they can and 13 years later…guess what!!

• Tackle from behind

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:54 PM

Carltoon

Streaming will never effect your online banking, you have nothing to worry about on that.
    There are lots of free browser based stream sites – which means you do not have to download anything to your computer.
    If you have a firewall or any decent protection software, it will stop most malicious software from effecting your computer too.

Most of the reliable streaming sites are there for revenue they get from adverts, clicks or donations, but you can easily switch them all off and just have the basic stream – which any internet speed can handle.

Don’t live in fear of your computer – it can be useful.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:56 PM

Ron, i usually listen to bbc Newcastle. Or just keep checking the blog or twitter for the goals, but for some reason I feel so nervous and sick, have to go out and walk, waiting for the final score, but when I’m In the ground i don’t feel as anxious, and when it’s a night match and it’s cold I can watch in the lounge ha ha, I’m so spoilt now. That’s why I can’t give up.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:59 PM

Tackle, yes i have tried, but it never seems to work properly, I’m hoping to get into next doors bar. I’ll give it a try this week, keep on hand in case I need your help, 🙂

• Munster Mag

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:59 PM

Completely agree Wor B.

As I said if I lived up there I’d go to games I think.

Ashley cud sell us to another crap owner who appoints another duff manager.

Where does it end if we keep being mismanaged from the top. Does that mean Carltoon and Co have to stop missing out on those occasional huge moments, like late winners against Man u etc, and the sheer elation and being in the ground for that.

Its hard to predicate fandom on ownership. They are either your team or not and that has validity too.

Hard for fans to win either way.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM

WorB, I’ve stated my opinion on a controversial subject, that’s all.

If others have called names or been aggressive in the past (and I do recall some of the rows with Bobbybee, that I didn’t take part in) then that is sad and uncalled for.

I don’t feel uncomfortable with my views, why should anyone else feel uncomfortable with theirs?

Most on here have voiced the Ashley Out view over recent years, and I agree wholeheartedly with that. The question I raised was how? – I offered what (in my opinion) is the best answer to achieve this quickly, but also pointed out that it was unlikely to ever happen, because we simply aren’t United in our views over this subject.

That is, as always on here open for debate, it’s a pity that some take this as a personal attack, something I would never do. Most of the posters on here are better, more consistent fans than I have ever been and I’m envious of that as private and work circumstances haven’t allowed me to see as many games as I would have liked. That doesn’t make me less of a fan and neither does it invalidate my opinion. Blogs are all about opinions, people just shouldn’t take the stuff said too personally or we’ll all end up falling out.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Bob that’s not for you. I do care about what you say.

• magscar

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:05 PM

Regan

I may be an oddball ( not that I care) but i recall/relate music from stages in my life but also and especially to matches.

I love looking daily on NUFC.com at the matches “on this day in history” which invariably brings at leaat one memory but often several.

Great to relive the joy and sadness and recall the first match I took someone to

Many complain about posts getting way off subject of NUFC but I just think of the before and after ( even at match sometimes) the games when the banter was cerainly about what team would be, the last game etc but also ribbing mates , music, jokes and every topic under the sun.

No one said I’m off as your not talking about the foorball with a pet lip

Might ridicule you , miss you out next round or get you wrong order though

Miss the craic (and the crack across back of the heid if you’re being ars……)

• cleveleysbob

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:05 PM

Carltoon, I’m still going to a post Ashley game with you, no question, can’t wait. 🙂

• Regan

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:05 PM

I like Bob…..he’s Stella. …

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:05 PM

Anyway going for my dinner.

• Ron Knee

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:05 PM

carltoon

Yes, defeat is less painful when you’re at the ground with all the other supporters.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM

Ever wish you hadn’t started something? 🙂