web analytics

Shearer Names Two Magpies To His Team Of The Week

Alan Shearer has selected two Magpies in his Team of the Week for last weekend’s Premier League matches. Both Allan Saint-Maximin and Martin Dubravka make the grade for this week.

When Newcastle play well and pick up a good result, Shearer generally does his best to find a place for at least one Magpie. Though it’s been slim pickings for a bulk of this season.

Newcastle have picked up their play over the past four matches with two wins and two draws. They left it until the dying moments at Anfield to pick up a massive point with the last-second goal by Joe Willock.

If not for the performances of both Dubravka and Saint-Maximin, the deficit would have been too large for any late heroics to overcome. Dubravka has returned to last season’s form lately and made some outstanding stops against the Reds.

Allan Saint-Maximin has helped transform this team since returning from his groin injury. Newcastle are always a threat when the Frenchman is on the pitch. He kept Liverpool honest last Saturday with his cutting-edge ability.

Incidentally, on Monday Shearer and Thierry Henry became the first inductees to the Premier League Hall of Fame. Well-deserved!

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• kilcline

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:14 PM

I hope we smash Arsenal, horrible club who have always looked down on us

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:23 PM

So the consensus is we have seven very good centrebacks, two great keepers, are one of the most defence minded teams, yet have the 3rd or 4th most goals conceded. Bruce should be asked to explain that?

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:30 PM

I see Cleveleys is muscling in on my poetry patch.

😀

I hope the poem coming next raises a smile
    Then I’ll give Mund a break and back off for a while
    It’s all done in jest and without any malice
    Even if,on occasion,he behaves like a phallus

• Munster Mag

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:31 PM

I wonder if those odious arsenal fans would take Wenger and FA Cups and redular champs league football than Arteta and where they are now? Arteta should be doing better although he is clearly committed to building a youthful team, just not making a great job of it, or else making progress very slowly.

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:33 PM

Name dropped again lol any publicity is good publicity they say….

Bants don’t you want to take me out for dinner first?

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:36 PM

When Mund was a boy growing up on Teesside
    His contrary persona was difficult to hide
    His mates followed Boro but he thought it a ruse
    To support someone different but which team would he choose?

Munderland were the obvious pick
    They’re just up the road but he doesn’t miss a trick
    He saw Keegan’s bandwagon rolling along
    So he hopped aboard whilst singing a song

‘Walking in a Keegan Munderland’ he’d sing
    The glory days he’s sure to bring
    Of course it didn’t quite work out that way
    But give him his dues he decided to stay

Now he’s almost forty but still acts like Kevin
    That’s the Enfield character, not the vegan from Devon
    He sits all day  in his munderpants and vest
    With his PC, his x-box,  box-sets and the rest

He has no time for chores, he has no time for work
    Too many baddies to shoot, too many aliens that lurk
    Too many petitions to sign, too many tweets to be read
    Too many comments to write, I think it’s messed with his head

He’s known to throw a wobbler and his toys out of the pram
    And if he thinks it isn’t fair he runs off to tell his mam     (admin)
    There have been tears and tantrums and hissy-fits too
    “I get blamed for the arguments,” boo-hoo-hoo

Now he likes to play with the kids – and I mean in a good way
    At least he gets out the house for an hour a day
    Then it’s back on the blog where deep into the night
    You’ll find his opinions are fact and yours are just shite

*credit to Jail for “munderpants”

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:36 PM

All about he craic but you call me that?

Your a wee coward who wouldn’t dare say that to my face. No doubt a mackem as you don’t have a clue about Newcastle United

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:37 PM

If I ever find out who you are Bants I’ll knock foot out of you

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:38 PM

Plays with kids I mean on a good way!

Who the foot do you think you are?

As if admin let you get away with this shit

Shame on you Neil and the Wife

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:40 PM

bard /bants tsunki …

why dont put one of your poems on about someone else for a change , and when i say i poem i mean one of your usual piss takes , see how they would react …

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:42 PM

i really think you went a bit to far with your bit in the poem about kids , thats not the first time youve sailed close to the wind is it ???

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:43 PM

GT,

I didn’t see Magic or Carltoon kicking off about theirs.

😀

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:43 PM

Tom

No it isn’t mate but the Harrison’s keep letting him get away with time and time again.

He doesn’t even contribute to the blog other than his piss take poetry about me or yourself

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:44 PM

mund …

its called a innuendo mate bit to close to the line …

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:44 PM

Did you call them a phallus? You little prick

Would you dare say that to my face? Fkn mackem coward

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:45 PM

bants …

did you slag them off no you didnt , think i’ll join mund when gets to meet up with you …

• Mund

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:45 PM

If the blog would rather this shit poetry than anything I contribute to then fck this place.

Enjoy the mackem poetry

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:46 PM

and the 10 people who hearted his stupid poem should be ashamed of yourselv’s …

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Hey, Hey,

Calm Down, Calm Down

(in a scouse accent)

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:50 PM

I’ve always been in Dummett’s corner, one of the criticisms against him was his inability to cross another was he didn’t get forward enough, both totally incorrect!

• FloridaToon

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:50 PM

A bit testy on the blog today

• snowdone

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:51 PM

The Bard thinks he’s such a card
    It’s all in jest, so he suggests,
    but when he goes fishing the hook has a barb and that’s why it’s right to call him a pest!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:54 PM

Bard

No heart from me again, that’s pure provocation imo.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:59 PM

Howay lads,

It’s just a bit of a daft laugh.

😀

• snowdone

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:59 PM

The Mund in German means mouth,
    He voices his opinions as is his right.
    But I’m a Magpie supporter from the South,
    who feels Mund is picking the wrong fight.

We’re all supporters of the lads on the hill.
    We can agree to disagree, yes sirree.
    If you don’t, may I suggest a chill pill.

I thank you!

• Top Banana

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Sorry state of affairs once it gets personal. Admin needs to intervene. Silly stuff, simply put….give your heads a wobble.

Childish.

• snowdone

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:09 PM

Surely, we’re due a win against the Gunners. Let’s be positive and get at them with Wilson on from the start.
    I saw a guy thought we are a better team without Hayden in the side. He pointed to the stats. Hayden would be in my eleven. He tackles well in the holding position. It’s Shelvey who needs a rest.

• geordietom

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:13 PM

Top Banana…

the other day you said MARDY on here just wondering are you from the midlands ?

• FloridaToon

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM

If we can get a point and Fulham lose, I think that is job done. Would be a 10 pt. gap with 12 to play for.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM

I’m going to stop doing the poetry, thought it was just a bit of leg pulling, but it’s become a way of just insulting other bloggers, and that’s not welcome.

I think you crossed a line today Bard, and that’s unnecessary.

I’ve previously liked most of what you’ve done and it inspired me to give it a try, but that last one was just a total character assassination and uncalled for on here.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:16 PM

I know some tend to overreact but the stuff in that poem is just everyday banter in the workplace or the bar.

Nothing overly offensive in there at all.

• Top Banana

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:16 PM

Mund, don’t let the keyboard warriors get you down. Always say, if they want to act like clowns they should go join the circus.

Spoiling what is a good forum.

Action speaks louder than words.

Sort it out peeps, sad face emoji.

• FloridaToon

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:19 PM

No more insulting that calling other posters names which seems to be ok for a few on here.

• coming home

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:20 PM

Cleveleysbob

Nowt wrong with your poetry mate,was light hearted fun
    But the bard ( TSUNKI) 100%, is disgraceful and he obviously uses his 3 accounts for hearts

• Top Banana

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:20 PM

@geordietom, no fella, I’m born and bred Fenham. Live down South but my better half is from Manchester.

Doylum is one of my favourite words; cracking northern word for those who should know better on here.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:22 PM

Face to face banter is self moderated by the people you are talking to and your own ability to “read the room”, so you always know how to avoid getting your brains smashed in.

On a blog there is no such filter, so you have to tone everything down a few notches as you don’t know the individuals and can’t “read the room”. More care needed.

• coming home

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:22 PM

Top Banana

Top post at 33

• Carson80

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:22 PM

Going for another win on Sunday. Why? Arsenal have two semi’ either side of our game and I think they’ll be concentrating on those. More chance of qualifying for the Champions league through that than the league.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:30 PM

CH, agreed, the hearts are certainly “beefed up” , 60+ on a quiet Tuesday afternoon, is less than likely!

1 2 3 12