web analytics

Shearer Names Two Magpies To His Team Of The Week

Alan Shearer has selected two Magpies in his Team of the Week for last weekend’s Premier League matches. Both Allan Saint-Maximin and Martin Dubravka make the grade for this week.

When Newcastle play well and pick up a good result, Shearer generally does his best to find a place for at least one Magpie. Though it’s been slim pickings for a bulk of this season.

Newcastle have picked up their play over the past four matches with two wins and two draws. They left it until the dying moments at Anfield to pick up a massive point with the last-second goal by Joe Willock.

If not for the performances of both Dubravka and Saint-Maximin, the deficit would have been too large for any late heroics to overcome. Dubravka has returned to last season’s form lately and made some outstanding stops against the Reds.

Allan Saint-Maximin has helped transform this team since returning from his groin injury. Newcastle are always a threat when the Frenchman is on the pitch. He kept Liverpool honest last Saturday with his cutting-edge ability.

Incidentally, on Monday Shearer and Thierry Henry became the first inductees to the Premier League Hall of Fame. Well-deserved!

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• NY Mag

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:11 AM

Jail,

You’ve got some cracking stories mate..keep em coming
    I enjoy reading them.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:13 AM

Essex, Martoon

Among his many wise words, my old man advised that if ever the idea of exercise occured, it’s best to lie down ’til the feeling went away.

I wonder if there’s any mileage in a Blog, virtual exercise group? Ten minutes ought do it.

Wor B

It’d be led by Brucieboy’s coaches and if you’re interested, let’s know which part of the morning’s convenient for you.

🙂

• Mirandinha

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:15 AM

Dubravka made some class saves. Kept us in it. Maxi has that invaluable knack of causing panic in defenders. He makes them double up on him which pulls defenders out of position. Awesome to watch.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:18 AM

Essex

@402

Could Marvin have been modelled on Brucieboy?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:29 AM

Jail for Ashley

You mentioned Errol from London and one of the group I used to drink with, a solicitor, earned the nickname Marvin.

PGreeted with a cheery ‘How you doing Mike?’, his response…. ‘Oh, hello, fine but I’m soo depressed…’

A great night was had by all apart from….

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:30 AM

@445

PGreeted?

Greeted reads better.

🙄

G’night all.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:40 AM

OLG
    You did call him the most boring man or the blog or something along those lines.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:04 AM

OLG

I can see where you are coming from but perhaps now that your point has been made and your request turned down you can just take a break .

The Blog cannot afford to lose another colourful poster ( I enjoy many of your music related posts )

I think why some posters and admin may not quite see where you are coming from is context so………

I see it as the difference between you and a few good mates sat around a pub table after a few, ribbing each other and one of the company makes the remark in jest and everyone including you laughs just as the mate making remark intended and knew would happen in that company

However exactly same remark made to you by a pub goer not in your company he passes your table may be taken comp!etely differently by you and others there

NY Mag offers good advice and I do understand your strong feelings but you have put them firmly on the record on here to be read alongside the offending posts and (as I believe OP made the point to me few weeks ago) the Blog record remains

Maybe the poster concerned could understand his remark was one too far and offer a retraction?

This Blog is suffering from its own success and I’m sure admin would appreciate a lot of posters dialling down the antagonism shown between them

Back in the day when no one really “knew” each other, chat was totally football related and before Social Media became vicious, exchanges were about the posts not the poster.

Now because of daily posting and reading over many years a camaraderie has grown but unfortunately the community has partly sp!it into factions with historical feuds regularly played out.

Short of Blog closing ( which no one wants) then we have to look individually at our own behaviour and consider our posted remarks as soberly as we would in the real world

yes I know some of us do and will be more inclined than others and there will be the usual comment from some about snowflakes being woke but 2 posters saying their leaving on same evening (after others have dropped out) isn’t good for the Blog

Abuse it and loose it to paraphrase ……

• magscar

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:09 AM

Sorry for being woke – literally

an old man’s sleeplessness and mistakenly catching up on Blog to lull me back over:-)

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:09 AM

Whoa, what’s happening here, the blog is alive with the sound of voices 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:14 AM

lesh,
    Yes, his name was Errol, you’d go for a box of screws and he’d ask you how many, wouldn’t give you a full box 😀

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:09 AM

Online bully

Great news that you’re leaving, not that you will, another grab for attention.

I’d be careful throwing accusations about if I was you, you may shoot yourself in the foot, I’d hate to see you arrested for online bullying and harassment.

I’m glad the wife didn’t remove my posts, I stand by every word.

If you’re looking for a Job, try the PL or apply for Woodmans position, you’ll breaze the interview with morals like yours.

• Reilly

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:42 AM

Soz for the late reply Jail.
    It was some NUST member on Metro radio saying she didnt want a billionaire owning the club.

• Wor B

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:53 AM

Lesh

I think I would have liked your dad 🙂

As for the virtual blog group exercise, anywhere around 10 o’clock is good for me, just blow a virtual whistle and I’ll put the kettle on. Got to be Yorkshire tea mind, pot properly warmed then stand for 5 mins before pouring (milk first for me). I usually take an orange club biscuit but a chocolate digestive is a good substitute. I find loose clothing is helpful just in case you need to reach for the TV remote.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:57 AM

So a poem that has an innuendo in about me and kids on the blog is allowed to stay on the blog?

You go on about google and they shutting the blog down if it carries on but you allow disgusting things to be said on a blog and remain there.

Why? Nobody else has to answer, this is to the Harrison’s

You allow people like Mr Tuff run wild with his vile and disgusting comments which he also degraded women in the past on this blog but he is a good lad right?

You have OP the angriest man on the blog calling people the names he does and not one thing said to him. Why are these people allowed to run wild without repercussion?

These are the people ruining your blog coming on and targeting people they don’t like because they are bitter and twisted people and tbh I’d feel sorry for them if I didn’t dislike them so much.

Both OP and Bants taking the piss out of me coaching kids? What’s wrong with these people? You have one suggesting disgusting things and the other just being a bitter old fool.

What the fck is the craic? To the Harrison’s

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:58 AM

OP

Get a life you sad old man and you might cheer up

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:01 AM

OLG

He will get away with murder and I wonder what google think of all this

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:05 AM

I guess with the wife’s support OP has stuck his thumb in his mouth and blew his chest out 🙄

Shame on you Harrison’s

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:28 AM

Morning Mund,

Take it easy fella, it really isn’t worth letting a minority affect you this way. I simply choose to ignore those posts and read those contributions of those I value most. When the circus is in town I don’t buy the ticket….you’re of sound mind, you know it already.

Let the haters hate, and the blog Admin get a grip of it’s own policies.

Keep smiling, don’t let them draw you in.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:31 AM

Morning Top Banana

Well said mate. Have great day pal stay safe and make something happen.

• Wor B

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:41 AM

Lately I’ve caught myself checking out comfy slip-on shoes and trousers with an elasticated waist.

OMG is this how it starts?

Have I been Bruced?

🙁

• Adamn_92

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:42 AM

Put yourself in the admins and Harrisons shoes, it’s a no win situation. If they start handing out bans and removing posts whenever someones asks, they will always then get ridiculed by another group for doing so. If they don’t do it, they get ridiculed by the other group. A lot of posters on here have said some pretty questionable and outright nasty stuff on here. Where do you draw the line? If you start moderating too much then how far back do you go, do you look into every posters past and ban them for something questionable they said? We’re all adults here and should be able to talk like it and sort stuff out reasonably. The Harrisons can’t start moderating too much as it’s a slippery slope and you can already see it, there would be requests every day and it would open a huge can of worms.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:44 AM

Stay out of it Adam you gave an opinion yesterday when it wasn’t warranted it has nothing to do with you whatsoever so shuddup nobody cares for opinion on the matter

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:32 AM

Online guy.
    The wife put you in your place with just a few words.

• Mund