web analytics

Shearer Names Two Magpies To His Team Of The Week

Alan Shearer has selected two Magpies in his Team of the Week for last weekend’s Premier League matches. Both Allan Saint-Maximin and Martin Dubravka make the grade for this week.

When Newcastle play well and pick up a good result, Shearer generally does his best to find a place for at least one Magpie. Though it’s been slim pickings for a bulk of this season.

Newcastle have picked up their play over the past four matches with two wins and two draws. They left it until the dying moments at Anfield to pick up a massive point with the last-second goal by Joe Willock.

If not for the performances of both Dubravka and Saint-Maximin, the deficit would have been too large for any late heroics to overcome. Dubravka has returned to last season’s form lately and made some outstanding stops against the Reds.

Allan Saint-Maximin has helped transform this team since returning from his groin injury. Newcastle are always a threat when the Frenchman is on the pitch. He kept Liverpool honest last Saturday with his cutting-edge ability.

Incidentally, on Monday Shearer and Thierry Henry became the first inductees to the Premier League Hall of Fame. Well-deserved!

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• hibbit

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:36 PM

did Kacper and the blog fall out , does Kacper not read it any more, because if he does surely he can see the damage the dammed things are doing to the blog, but to be honest reading the blog this seems to be more about the poem than the hearts, either way it’s time it was sorted

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM

Have a vote on the hearts.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM

Hearts out

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:40 PM

Hearts In

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:44 PM

To think grown men need to manipulate hearts just for oneupmanship is sad.
    Posters suggest that a thumbs up or down be introduced is an option but give it time and the sado`s would find a way to manipulate them too.

• hibbit

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:46 PM

No praise from me,
    #bruceOUT

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:50 PM

I agree on Dummett, he has been superb since he came back and would be in my starting 11 next season , injury permitting of course.
    If it ain`t broke don`t fix it is my motto, so Dummett stays in the team for me.
    And what about Ritchie, he has also taken his chance with some good performances and i love his attitude, he deserves his contract.

• onmeedsun

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:51 PM

I have to confess I found the poem funny, and if it was written about me I’d be honoured to be singled out by the Bard. I’m sure it wasn’t meant as an attack on Mund, and we all know Mund is one of the most passionate toon fans on the blog and I’ve no doubt a sound bloke. Equally I can see why some would think it had crossed a line. The dangers of being creative. I don’t want to lose the Bard or Mund from the blog. Perhaps the bard could offer an apology if Mund was offended.

• Optimistic prime

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:51 PM

When we equalised and the players ran over to celebrate with Bruce my elation instantly changed to anxiety, not another season is all I could think, the game and goal just vanished from my mind.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:59 PM

Its a massive worry OP. I want to stay up because of takeover. But Id rather be in Championship with a good manager than EPL with Bruce. I dread him finding more over the hill, dull as dishwater journeymen.

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:01 PM

onmeedson,

I too thought the poem was funny but a bit too personal tbh
    Having said that i doubt i would of been that offended by any of it.
    Was it meant to be a joke , havn`t a clue

• Optimistic prime

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:04 PM

Poetic justice, funny how someone’s perception of “banter” changes when the shoe is on the other foot!

• hibbit

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM

so is all this fake indignation about the hearts or the poem ???

• Optimistic prime

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:14 PM

Neither its about attention

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:15 PM

COME ON BLACKPOOL

Yep, i mentioned them again. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:16 PM

hibbit,
    I hope it’s not about the hearts because the twiterati weren’t out in force complaining about them when OLG was racking up them up against me in his nightly attacks.

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:18 PM

geordietom,

You have a better memory than me, re Lua Lua, and you were spot on with your comment

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:19 PM

WLtoon,
    It was me who brought up Lualua 😕

• Carson80

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:19 PM

Wasn’t on the blog when the program about the Metro was on ITV and always wanted to ask if there was anyone off here on the 2nd episode with the boycott, there’s a couple of ladies there was one of them you Carltoon.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:20 PM

Although geordietom did remember the team, I had it in my head it was Brighton but knew it couldn’t be them because they hadn’t been in the top flight since the early eighties.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:21 PM

Off to ‘graft’

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:22 PM

Jail,

Ah, i stand corrected

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:41 PM

Just got back to find the furore about ‘that’ poem.
    To answer a few points that have arisen:

1. In the introduction to the poem I included the lines

“Then I’ll give Mund a break and back off for a while” and
    “It’s all done in jest and without any malice”

Self explanatory.

2. I’m not Tsunki.
     Usually I wouldn’t be concerned if people thought I was an alt or not but I got to thinking that if Tsunki was to return to the blog he shouldn’t be hammered by any of the aggro boys because of these poems.

3. The poems get a lot of hearts because they’re canny good!

Still don’t think there was anything so bad about it that people wanted to have it removed and kick me heed in!

• Top Banana

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:47 PM

The Bard…maybe it’s a question of taste and how it’s read, maybe it’s a sense of the written word rather that the spoken, or just maybe it’s about how it makes others feel. Emotive I know but you’ll never agree with everyone all of the time.

Question of taste. I prefer the footy stuff, not the personal. Just my opinion.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:51 PM

The FA Youth Cup match is live on NUFC TV tonight KO 7pm.

• coming home

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:53 PM

Top Banana

I’m also a Fenham lad

Wingrove and Rutherford, West end boys club I’m sure you’ve done a few of these

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM

The answer is simple, say nothing that can be taken as insulting, that comment is for the benefit of everyone on the blog!

• Carson80

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:01 PM

That Pledge fund won’t be getting to £3 million now.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:03 PM

1-0 to Villa already!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:05 PM

Villa?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Jail

NUFC U18s v Aston Villa U18s FA youth cup.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:09 PM

Oh dear, 2-0!

• WLtoon

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:09 PM

Hebburn Town Fc play Consett Afc in the FA Vase final at Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday.
    Consett CB and captain Arjun Purewal will face his twin brother and striker of Hebburn Town Amar Purewal.

• Top Banana

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:10 PM

coming home, ah, memories! The Denton was a regular haunt. Wallsend was home before moving South though. Loved it.

• Online Guy

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:10 PM

BARD

You are getting away with some serious abuse of a decent man here ..you put it into poetry but it douse not make it any less offensive ..theres some bad lines in there that are deeply offensive.

”You’ll find his opinions are fact and yours are just shite”, like that one.

Mund has been you’re target many times that says to me you have an agenda.

Total provocation.

Trying to get away with giving him dogs abuse in a rhyme , you should be ashamed.

How is he going to function here having to leave his football thoughts and opinions behind in order to deal with you’re awful words to him ?

Now bloody well cease.

• Carson80

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:13 PM

WLtoon speaking of twin brothers I always thought we should have signed both Jacob Murphy and Josh Murphy together, they would have helped each other settle and we would probably of seen the player we have now alot quicker.

• Just a fan

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:14 PM

Florida mag
    Mund gets easily offended
    Then his mates join in
    But I never knew he was a cage fighter. Lol

• coming home

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:15 PM

Top Banana

Aye was the Prince the fox then the Denton happy times