web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

If Newcastle are going to keep their run going, it’s going to have to be done without the late-game heroics of Joe Willock. The on-loan midfielder has nabbed Newcastle an extra 4 points with late goals in his three substitute appearances over our four-game unbeaten streak.

His parent club Arsenal come to St. James’ Park on Sunday so Willock will be ineligible. However, even without the 21-year-old’s exploits, confidence should be high to keep this streak alive.

Arsenal are in the midst of another disappointing campaign for their usual lofty standards. While they have beaten Newcastle twice this season, at the Emirates both times, it was during our dreadful run earlier this year.

The lads are on a high right now and Arsenal are just trudging along in 10th in the table with little hope of a finish in the European places. However, this match is sandwiched in between their Europa League semifinal against Villereal with the away leg tomorrow evening in Spain.

This could be an excellent time to enact some revenge on Arsenal and pick up still needed points. Newcastle are very close to safety but until it’s reached, there’s always room for fear in the heart of a Newcastle fan.

Steve Bruce again likely won’t make many changes, especially without Willock. However, Callum Wilson looked like he was shot out of a cannon a couple of times at Liverpool. Any lingering doubts over his hamstring should have dissipated after seeing his bursts of pace last Saturday.

While Bruce may be hesitant to drop Joelinton, a front two of Wilson and Saint-Maximin would be a handful for any defense. So that could be the lone change at St. James’ Park this weekend in a match that many will be confident Newcastle can win.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Adamn_92

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:07 AM

Ritchie deserves more credit for our change in results. That passion and voice on the pitch has done more for the squad than Bruce ever could.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:09 AM

I mentioned the Reuben story yesterday and I don’t think it was started as an anti Toon one but anti Boris one in which we featured

The media are looking for any connection between Boris ,Tory party donations and possible undue influence as the sleaze bandwagon questions rolls on

Any Tory PM must realise they are in trouble when the Daily Mail is gunning for them so these stories and links will run for awhile but it’s Cummings and his appears in front of forthcoming select committee he s may be more wary of

• Wor B

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:09 AM

Rom

Cheers mate, your crap banter takes the spotlight off mine.

I’ll ask admin if there’s any budget left in the awards scheme for crap post of the day.

😉

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:09 AM

JaFDB, I’d agree with you totally, so long as it worked both ways and all Trade Union financial support was stopped from Labour as well. They don’t don’t make those payments out of the goodness of their hearts, they expect something in return, no difference.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:16 AM

Jail, if you’re about, re: your random DM from Twitter.

I got one yesterday from a West Brom fan, that was so bad, Twitter removed it.

The strange thing is, I’ve only made one comment on Twitter since last August and that was a message to PL to support our takeover, as we’d supported their opposition to ESL.

I’ve never mentioned WBA on Twitter, only on here. Even then, I’ve only hoped they’d lose a game or 2 because I don’t like SA or needed them to stay below us, nothing really derogatory.

As people on here say, just banter (crap or otherwise) – so how do I get an obscene DM “out of the blue”, when I’ve never engaged?

Seems odd. 🙁

• DubaiMicky

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:23 AM

Mike Dean will referee us against the Arse this weekend.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:25 AM

Magscar, my answer to you yesterday never reappeared, but to précis the contents,

Basically, I said that due to lack of either direction, policy or personality, the current opposition is just scrambling about desperate to ridicule the government pre an election that nobody seems bothered about anyway. They’ve jumped on the cronyism/sleaze bandwagon, and the Beeb/Channel4 and the Guardian et al are jumping on, looking for any connection, which obviously led to the Reubens story.

Donors to party funds are public, so someone’s dug up the Reubens thing, linked it to the takeover and MBS Story to drag it out. Shame we’re in the middle of all this, we don’t deserve crap like this, we’ve got enough to put up with.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Oh God, the Mike Dean Show, anything could happen.

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:31 AM

Mund

This isn’t a blog about you
    Nobody cares about your bizarre opinions

Right now JIB would be proud of the absolute mess your making

Well done

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:32 AM

Frog we’re being nice to each other today thank you 😀

• onmeedsun

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:33 AM

Mund
    Glad you’re back firing on all cylinders.
    You were obviously offended by the poem, but just show you can rise above it. It’s always the best way to respond. I’m sure if the Bard pens another one he’ll find a way to redress the balance.

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:34 AM

Bob, i totally agree, about the donations from for any party. But trust us to be dragged into it

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:35 AM

Toon 22,

Nice, classy!

Now flip that goodwill right back at yourself.

Not so nice is it?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Magscar

Such sagacity so early in the day is impressive but as you said, catching up on posts can be tiresome – especially when there are inter-personal rows on ahow.

What better way to de-stress than joining with others in a round of exercises with other posters?

We have the nucleus of a Blog Online Fitness (BoF) group if you’d care to join us. Nothing too taxing, just a few exercises to start the day – eyelids, fingers, toes, making a cup of tea or whatever, enjoying it then a warm down, bath then back to bed to recover. There’s no cost or fees.
    David Lloyd, Duncan Bannatyne, eat your hearts out – the BoFs are on the rise.

Online Guy, Magscar and anyone else you’re so welcome to join Essex GB, Wor B and others keen to experience that feeling of wellness and peace with the world.

Just say what time’s best for you – the crack of noon seems popular.

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Hey

If he’s going to be deranged he needs telling

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:37 AM

I’m actually looking forward to the game this weekend, is it home I might go up and shout at Arsenal, then throw a cabbage at Bruce. Only joking about the cabbage

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:38 AM

onmeedsun

The craic is mate it’s always targeted at me or Tom in a piss taking way and I’ve asked him to stop before but he carries on and then the innuendo about kids! That crossed the line and I shouldn’t be getting abuse for coaching kids and IMO that says a lot more about them than it does about me.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:39 AM

Getting called deranged now 🙄

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:41 AM

Mund! Don’t respond,

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:43 AM

How would you describe the last few days Mund ?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Cleveleys

It seems you’ve bought into the nobody cares (about the lies, rule bending etc mantra) narrative.

Nobody cares? Sorry, but if voters don’t care, then where does it end – let politicians do whatever they want knowing they can get away with it?

Anyway…..

Bob, maybe you’re a potential BoF – come on, join the virtual Blog Online Fitness set.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Bob

We will have to differ.

You left out the sections of the Tory party newspapers in your list in particular the Mail

He’s done what they wanted and is now dispensable just as Cummings was

Don’t be surprised if it is felt that as his popularity wanes and he could jeopardise the seats they won last time around he will be eased out by the men in grey suits

Personally I don’t think he will be PM when next election is to be fought but I care not

Enough politics – only responding and Blog has had enough non football stuff I reckon

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:43 AM

We’re all deranged on here at least a little 😉

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM

Toon 22,

Good to have an opinion on others but come on, when it’s personal it needs checking….does it not?

Who in life is perfect? Are you?

Pointed, targeted, some might suggest borderline abuse is suggestive and somewhat inappropriate.

Salty!

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM

The last thing we need is the government getting involved, because that’ll be a reason to turn the takeover down

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:45 AM

Mund.

I’m the angriest man on the blog? Lol.

From the guy who’s temper snaps as easy as a wet kitkat.

Youre Fffing and Jeffing, then threaten to assault people, yet I’m angry 🙂

Do the blog a favour, book yourself into a anger management course!

Take the Online Bully with you.

• Ron Knee

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:45 AM

And this week’s Whataboutery Award goes to…

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM

Bob, us legacy fans are definitely deranged following this lot over the years.

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM

ME

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:47 AM

I normally like to keep things light but mund having a go at the Harrison’s was a disgrace in my eyes.
    Plus that blowhard online writing two long columns of vitriol that said nowt.
    Will munds followers join him on his attacks on the Harrison’s.
    Time will tell.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:48 AM

Leah

Sorry to be a killjoy but I’m off on my usual 5+ Mile walk (bit delayed) but could always add in some BOF – if I havent barred myself with such a cavalier approach 😉

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:48 AM

Your a nobody to me OP with the opinions you have about me coaching kids it’s disgusting fella you should be ashamed you and the sad poet

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:48 AM

Mund/OLG

I think your comments towards the Harrisons and the Wife are as disgraceful as you both are.

Youve both have been warned before, yet dismiss or mock what the wife has said.

Now your demanding they act.

Maybe if you’d tool notice of what they said in the past, they’d take notice of you.

If I was the blog administrator, I’d tell you both where to get off.

Narcissistic prats.

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Ok

This is the internet
    A blog on the internet

I’m sure nobody needs to be told about reading or writing anything on here or anywhere else

😉

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Mund

I said plating fifa against 8yr olds isn’t coaching.

Try and twist that as much as you like.

Says more about you.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:50 AM

Lesh, I’m in. BoF good for all.

When I say Nobody cares, I was referring to the local elections during a pandemic, that’s all.

As previously mentioned, I don’t like Boris, don’t think he’s a good PM, but there’s not a lot of alternatives. The sleaze stuff, I don’t buy into because they’re all as bad each other, all parties, most MP’s, they all have their noses in the political trough.

Unfortunately these days we live in the World of professional politicians, who get their degrees from Oxbridge or wherever and plan their route to the top via the remains of whoever gets in their way. Most are are distasteful individuals. Shame. 🙁

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:50 AM

What’s left on here ?

Filled with non footy arguments and anger
    An easy way to chase away posters
    For what reason ?

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:51 AM

You are a piss taker who apparently doesn’t like kids as you use them as a weapon.

Now do the blog a favour and carry on as normal I don’t like you you don’t like me let’s leave it at that.

By all means get my email off the Harrison’s if you want to carry on? If not enjoy your day

• toon22

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Can’t control the narrative ?
    Crap all over everything

Seems to be the way right now

• toon22