web analytics

Poll – How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

If Newcastle are going to keep their run going, it’s going to have to be done without the late-game heroics of Joe Willock. The on-loan midfielder has nabbed Newcastle an extra 4 points with late goals in his three substitute appearances over our four-game unbeaten streak.

His parent club Arsenal come to St. James’ Park on Sunday so Willock will be ineligible. However, even without the 21-year-old’s exploits, confidence should be high to keep this streak alive.

Arsenal are in the midst of another disappointing campaign for their usual lofty standards. While they have beaten Newcastle twice this season, at the Emirates both times, it was during our dreadful run earlier this year.

The lads are on a high right now and Arsenal are just trudging along in 10th in the table with little hope of a finish in the European places. However, this match is sandwiched in between their Europa League semifinal against Villereal with the away leg tomorrow evening in Spain.

This could be an excellent time to enact some revenge on Arsenal and pick up still needed points. Newcastle are very close to safety but until it’s reached, there’s always room for fear in the heart of a Newcastle fan.

Steve Bruce again likely won’t make many changes, especially without Willock. However, Callum Wilson looked like he was shot out of a cannon a couple of times at Liverpool. Any lingering doubts over his hamstring should have dissipated after seeing his bursts of pace last Saturday.

While Bruce may be hesitant to drop Joelinton, a front two of Wilson and Saint-Maximin would be a handful for any defense. So that could be the lone change at St. James’ Park this weekend in a match that many will be confident Newcastle can win.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Cleverly
    I think if the opposition didn’t fetch these matters up sleaze etc they would be failing in there duty.

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:54 AM

I’m away before I get into trouble, and I’ll take my whataboutry award with me, 👿

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM

Mund

Don’t tell me what to do, you spend all day telling others you’ll do what you want.

Your usual stance of do as I say, not as I do.

Your reaction to the poem was priceless, shows what a sad angry little prat you are!

I’m off to work, saying you’ve nothing better in your life, enjoy trawling for attention on here today.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM

Carltoon, I agree with your every word this morning, as I’ve mentioned it’s a crying shame our takeover gets dragged into the political melting pot, I don’t think it helps our cause at all.

And yes, being a fan as long as us, means we are certainly deranged 😀

• carltoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM

😆

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:55 AM

Fairly sad viewing all this nonsense on the blog.

What is it coming to….you guys must be really proud of yourselves….nice, well done?

Normally, I appreciate many a perspective but now even I’m bored by the constant diatribe of hurling insults and innuendo. Whatever stimulates your egos fellas, enjoy!

None so blind as those who will not see.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Ok OP carry on fella

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:59 AM

Boris reminds me of Billy Bunter. Even the way he talks.
    Great orator. Don’t make me laugh.

• Optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:02 AM

Mund

You’re a bit late to pretend you’re a balanced chap, thst ship sailed months ago.

I do find it amusing that you go after people like a dog with a bone, yet when it’s done to you, you try and act all innocent.

If you weren’t bothered what others or I’ve said, you wouldn’t react as you do.

As I’ve said, I’m off to work, try getting a job, it’s good for mental health apparently.

• Romford mag

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:03 AM

Wor

#42

Always more than happy to help mate 😉

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:05 AM

JaF, from previous, I agree, but I’m minded to recall the biblical “let he who is without sin, throw the 1st stone”.

There are no angels in Politics.

As for Boris, he’s a performer, never an orator, and too much of a clown for his own good.

His “one-liner” approach to politics will end him, he can’t resist what he sees as a “gag”, when all around are probably aghast at what he says. He struggles to be serious. Great for HTGNFY, but not for Westminster or No10.

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:06 AM

Wake me up when it’s all over!

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:13 AM

If the without sin guy throes the first stone then nothing will ever get said.
    Sinners make the best dinners.
    That’s what my wife says.
    Is she trying to tell me something?

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:15 AM

It’s over we have all taken our medication now.
    Nurse I need a bed bath.
    What do you mean do it yourself.

• Top Banana

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:20 AM

Funny JAF, though some might need their meds adjusting…apparent fixations and all.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:25 AM

Magscar

A five mile walk?

Are there no buses around your place?

Might I remind you of a Thatcher utterence, possibly the only sense she talked (*puts tin hat on*) when she advised us all to conserve energy!

That translates into have a lie down and don’t overstretch.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Optimistic prime, Mund

Speaking of wellness, how about you two teaming up to add another dimension to the BoF fitness group?

Perhaps you could offer yoga and meditation training?

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Well, yesterday’s poem created quite a storm!

I still don’t see what was so terrible about it in some people’s eyes.

Anyway,I see it scored a PB of 190 so I think it’s apt to hang up my quill at this point and in keeping with recent blog etiquette announce my departure.

‘The Bard’ persona was always meant to be a means of recording blog events in humourous rhyme.
    I’m sorry if it wasn’t always (often) taken in this manner.

It has been questioned as to why my poems often featured Mund and Tom but I’m sure that most can see that by being the type of characters they are it meant that they simply provided the most usable material.
    I apologise for any offence caused although that said, there was still no need to threaten violence.

There’s one final poem to come.
    (Don’t worry, it’s not offensive!)

• hibbit

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:33 AM

Top Banana when were you hitting the Prince, Friday night was always Nurses night ??

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:35 AM

Call me a phallus to my face or any strangers face see what happens.

You know fine well it’s all a piss take stop spinning it any other way.

“Plays with kids but in the right way” that ok to you is it?

Keep my name out of your poetry and stop buzzing about the hearts they are clearly manipulated as everyone can see

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:35 AM

“The Final Curtain”

The Bard of Bensham Bank’s my name
    And irreverent rhyming has been my game
    It’s been a laugh, it’s been a hoot
    But now my friends it’s time to shoot

They say ‘take your leave whilst your audience wants more’
    Tho’ some will be happy as I head for the door
    But if hearts are a guide it seems most found it fun
    As a lot of my efforts scored over a ton

Most of my poems have been mere observations
    Of spats and of rants during blog tribulations
    I’ve added some banter and set it to rhyme
    But I fear I’ve arrived at the end of the line

The blog is a-changing, it’s becoming so woke
    Plus there’s a couple of Jessie’s who can’t take a joke
    I’ve had complaints,abuse and threats of violence
    Now it’s time to maintain poetic silence

So as I prepare to take my final bow, please don’t feel bereft
    As I raise a glass to one and all, before exiting,- stage left

It’s been emotional

(certainly for some!)

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:36 AM

Cleveleys

What happened to the no politics bit?

Or is Bojo the clown, the distraction that’s doing what’s expected of him – until the men in grey suits feel he’s becoming a liability.

Oh, is anything up to £200k (or £60k) to decorate a flat reasonable when people are struggling to feed their bairns?

Ffs, are these people living on the same planet as the ordinary folk whose cause they claim to champion?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:37 AM

The Bard of Bensham Bank

@101

Encore, encore

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Now that I have a bunch of radgies on my case wanting to kick me heed in, my mental health is shot to shit man.

I wonder if I can get some counselling on twitter?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:42 AM

Hibbit

Are you referring to upstairs in the Prince of Wales?

I’m sure you’d be there to make sure the girls’ kindness wasn’t abused by predatory men. 🙂

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:43 AM

Top no.
    They are in the psychiatric ward.

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:44 AM

Not bothered about others mental health and the effect you have on them with the stuff you say and reference?

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:45 AM

The Bard of Bensham Bank

Sign up for the BoF virtual fitness group. There’s no charge, no fees.

Perhaps you could offer poetry reading sessions to complement the other wellness activities?

• Australian Pie

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:46 AM

Started this post off with some comments about Joelinton and this weekends game, had 3 comments about the game and then usual suspects going again

OP
    Toon22
    Mund

Start discussing football, no one comes here to watch you get your rocks off having arguments

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:46 AM

Goodbye bard.
    Will see you at Stratford. The next time I go.

• lesh

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:48 AM

Mund, OP,

Howay lads, put your mind to offering yoga and meditation sessions to the BoF group.

😉

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:53 AM

The Bard @101, agree with Lesh, good stuff, and way better than any of mine 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:58 AM

Lesh, sorry about the drift into the P word. It started as answers to legitimate questions from Magscar and JaF (it was even football related to begin with). But I hope you noted that I didn’t take sides, I criticised all types, shades and allegiances, tarred them all with the same brush.

That’s my get out of jail tactic. Mentioning politics is OK so long as it’s not a “Party Political Broadcast” or rant. 😉

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:03 PM

Hey, I’ve been upstairs in the Prince of Wales, so long ago I don’t remember what it was like, but I’m going to suppose I enjoyed it. 😀

• Mund

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:04 PM

AP

Then skip and ignore mate :thumb up thingy:

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:05 PM

Any of you remember “the nurses home” on the West Road, opposite the General?

I’ll leave it there 😉

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:09 PM

Well you and your pal were really concerned about the bard when you were going to kick six bags of crap out of him.

• cleveleysbob

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Lesh, you and I should have been politicians because we care about people and issues, not so the career ones out there now, looking to line their pockets. We’d have been formidable 🙂

• Just a fan

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Don’t mention psychiatric ward as apparently they all read the blog.

• Chewingtoon

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:14 PM

Hi guys!

Been reading this blog as long as I’ve been a Newcastle fan but I don’t think I’ve ever left a comment.

Reading all these comments in the last few days I though I’d finally drop in and say hello.

I’m not going to make any references to current arguments other than it made me chuckle purely because I live in Stratford upon Avon and I am sick to death of Shakespeare!!