web analytics

Former Target Released By Everton Ticks A Few Boxes For NUFC This Summer

Everton have opted against extending Josh King’s stay at Goodison Park. The forward joined on a short-term deal from Bournemouth on winter deadline day but managed only 11 substitute appearances for just 137 minutes of football.

The 29-year-old had been a long-term target of Newcastle extending back to the Rafa Benitez days. He was briefly linked last summer before Steve Bruce brought in his then Bournemouth teammate Callum Wilson, who had quite the impact and was named our Player of the Season.

Newcastle could theoretically be interested in King once again this summer. He’ll now become a free agent as of July 1st. With Newcastle unlikely to afford a permanent deal for a Premier League quality striker, a move for the Norwegian makes some sense.

While wage demands could prove a stumbling block, King’s situation becomes a very intriguing one. His poor spell as a Toffee could cool some of the interest of clubs who targeted him in January. He also is coming off a couple of subpar seasons with Bournemouth, including the first half of last season in the Championship.

Newcastle also may hold a bit of a wild card with our ex-Bournemouth contingent in Wilson, Matt Ritchie, and Ryan Fraser. While he is approaching that transitional age of 30, he’s only a month older than Callum Wilson, who has more than a few good years left in the tank.

King will likely play the field for the best offer and should have plenty of them after a season primarily played behind closed doors. He could be exactly what Newcastle are looking for with such a limited budget this summer.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2020-21 Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:13 PM

From previous:

Scythe / Simon

I bet I beat you both to bottom spot 😉

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:19 PM

Deal done, paperworks completed soon and confirmed since months. Boubacary Soumaré will join Leicester City on a permanent deal from Lille for €23m. Just a matter of time. Blue circleFox face #LCFC twitter.com/fabrizioromano

Meanwhile the takeover gathers pace at Nufc to allow them to sign Josh king and Danny rose Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahaha suckers

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:25 PM

Rom,

I’m already near the bottom, they’ve used some kind of pre tournament alphabet sorcery on me.

I’ll be over the moon with top half, I’ll be using me fall back tactic of jammyness quite a lot I reckon pal 🙂 😀

• Wor B

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:31 PM

Hmmm

Where do I sign up.

Aardvark Academical F.C.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:40 PM

JazzyP,
    That e23M makes a mockery of the £45M we bid, they knew 100% that the lad had absolutely no intention of accepting terms here despite what Munster Mag and Bill’s son say on the matter. It was a publicity stunt. Full Stop.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:41 PM

Uncertain Toon/World

Damn you and your cool weather! The missus would move further south if she could have her way, but if it was up to me we’d be living in Nova Scotia. So we’ve settled for somewhere that gets hot in the summer for her and below zero in the winter for me.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:42 PM

Oh, and nobody should be hiding behind an alias on the league. Wear your failure as a badge of honour man! What if you win? Nobody is going to believe you.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:43 PM

Lol! Pretty sure that Everton shirt has been drawn on in blue crayon over a Bournemouth one.

Has been a decent enough ppl performer, in the past and plays in a position of most need for us, but would he be worth the money he’d demand? Everton apparently didn’t think so, but we may need the player more, and we may be able to get him to accept less.

Could happen on a free.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:44 PM

JazzyP,
    When it says in text blue circle fox face, where is that copied from?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:46 PM

Ah, when you copy the symbols it comes out as text, that’s why all Munderpant’s tweets come out black circle/white circle.

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:50 PM

Jail

All over the leicester blogs and the site i manage at the moment is for Mercer who are leicester based..Hence leicester lads are talking about Soumare.
    Do not worry tho mate as we have a takeover in progress according to some

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:51 PM

Carrol, Atsu and Saivet have been released according to PL website.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:53 PM

jazzyp,
    No, I was wondering how it came up Blue circle fox face, but I copied the tweet myself and the symbols translate in to text when you copy and paste them.

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:58 PM

Uncertain

Well I’ll be hoping some of that jammyness rubs off on me anall 😉

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:00 PM

The Bein Media Group were whingeing about not being able to pay top dollar anymore for rights due to the amount they’re losing through piracy of their content.

Have they paid any less for new EPL rights extension? Negative.
    Have they paid any less for UEFA rights this time than the previous folk? Negative, in fact they’ve paid more!

They’re full of shit, it was all indirect pressure on the EPL to stop the takeover.

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:00 PM

Scythe

No hiding from me 😉

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:00 PM

Carroll released by the looks of it

• NY Mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:00 PM

Scythe,

Do you actually like the -20C weather we get in the winter, I’m shocked.

I like the snow, but that wind chill is bitter 🙂

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:03 PM

Uncertain

Did you read that beIN article I put up a few days back with regards to how they started out with purchasing sports rights and the under hand tactics they used.

They couldn’t give two shits about piracy as they could of tackled it a lot better in the early days but had no interest whatsoever.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:09 PM

NY,

Was working in Toronto a few years back, not a fan of that -20 odd C at all.
    I was amazed how everything just carried on as normal. Have to say I got into it after a few weeks. Compared to UK cities that shut down at 0 C and a cm of snow 🙂

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:13 PM

Carroll 40k average
    Saivet 36k
    Atsu £32k

With possible

Lejune 55k
    Muto 60k

Off the books too

223k a week

11.7m

That’s a lot of dough saved. Actually Muto is on 54K a week, which is fckn ridiculous and Krafth is on 57K 😯

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:19 PM

Someone told me late today that someone had viewed Jonjo Shelvey home valued
    2.1/2 million don’t no if its true or not only what I got told but could this mean something is on the cards .

• NY Mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:28 PM

Uncertain,

In the north east of the US (and Canada) they are good at keeping functioning with extreme weather.
    I’d rather they shut down, so I could stay at home where it’s warm 😀

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:29 PM

Wor

Get a team sorted mate 🙂

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:30 PM

NY

And you aswell bud 🙂

• NY Mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:30 PM

Mund,

That’s a fair wack of savings on wages….but the wage bill (for us and all PL clubs) only ever goes in one direction 🙂

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:33 PM

NY

Hopefully it frees up a bit of money on a very tight budget

• NY Mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:34 PM

Rom,

I was kind of put off when I read someone saying that you really need to change your team everyday, I don’t really have the time (or inclination) for that.

I suppose I could just pick a team, stick with it and hope for the best 🙂

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:35 PM

Woodgate after Carroll

• Uncertain Toon/World

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:36 PM

Mund,

Aye, read that article last year I think, recognised it anyway.
    The EPL need to take a step back and look who they’ve jumped into bed with.

It’s the other things and certain groups that Qatar’s money funds that is the worrying thing.

All roads lead there pal.

• NY Mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:36 PM

Mund,

That’s very true.
    On a related topic, does anyone know if Matty (and willock, if he comes back) need to be registered next season?

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:37 PM

NY

That’s pretty much what I’m doing 😀

• Mund

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:41 PM

Uncertain

I’ve thought the same and the only reason I can think of why they have put up with it and bent to there will is that the Qataris and beIN have something dirty on them.

Because why wouldn’t you accept the takeover and influx the millions that will be spent in rebranding one of there partners and add a new force into the league and on top of that the Saudis would trump any offer beIN would put on the table for the rights.

Just doesn’t add up

• magicmac54

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:42 PM

Evening all, with our poundland budget i really hope we go for Josh King i always thought he was a good player, also he played very well with Wilson when they were at Bournmouth and had a good understanding together, added to the fact he can play as a striker if Wilson is injured, its an no brainer for me, but it probably makes to much sense for the idoits running our club. HWTL

• toon22

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:46 PM

Cant wait for next season
    Another wasted year
    We only exist to prop up the turds tat shops

Another relegation circus

#CANS

• toon22

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:47 PM

If were lucky we get to spned the transfer budget on yet another shop
    Or maybe this year we get to buy Boss for him

That would be something special

• toon22

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:47 PM

Dont forget to snap up those season tickets

Help him advertise his tat

• simon376

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:48 PM

Rom

The race is on

• Romford mag

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:49 PM

Simon

Challenge accepted mate 😉

• GeordieTwo

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:52 PM

We didn’t have a single player in the first team PFA PL Players of the Year 11!!! What in the Wide World of Sports is going on?

1 2 3 6