web analytics

Ashley To Sanction Early Business With Highly Regarded Gunner On The Agenda – Report

Before this season even ended, reports claimed Newcastle were hoping to have some transfers completed early in the summer window. The two names that came up were Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer and Wigan forward Kyle Joseph.

Newcastle had been the clear favorites to sign the duo, but other clubs have since come into the fray. Ajer’s representatives have shopped their client around Europe and even met with Bayer Leverkusen a few weekends ago.

The 23-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and confirmed recently that he expects to leave Celtic this summer. Newcastle were hoping to have the Norwegian in by the start of pre-season for a bargain fee of £6-8m.

As for Joseph, the young striker would be one for the future. With Newcastle releasing Yannick Toure last week, a forward prospect is sorely needed at the Academy. The 19-year-old is out of contract at the end of the month but has been offered a new deal by Wigan.

Newcastle were reportedly willing to pay a little bit extra by way of a compensation fee for Joseph. However, last week it was revealed that Swansea were in talks for the striker and may now be the favorites to land him.

The Chronicle is reporting that Mike Ashley has backed Bruce’s request for early signings. The head coach is hoping for one or two additions before the squad returns for pre-season in early July. It could be that Ajer and Joseph were the two players Bruce had hoped to bring in early with those deals now in jeopardy.

There’s been no shortage of other targets linked to Newcastle with Arsenal defender William Saliba and Leicester midfielder Hamza Choudhury being the latest. The Chronicle also reports that Saliba is under serious consideration as a loan target.

Lee Ryder claims Newcastle have been tracking Saliba’s progress over the past 18 months including his loan spell at Nice during the second half of last season.

The 20-year-old was an Unai Emery signing in 2019 from Saint-Etienne. He remained with the French club for a season-long loan. When he came to Arsenal last summer it was with Mikel Arteta at the helm. The young defender only featured for the U23s before going to Nice on loan in January.

With David Luiz’s contract expiring at the end of the month, that could clear a path for Saliba into the Arsenal first team. However, if Arteta feels he isn’t quite ready, it seems Newcastle could make a loan offer for the Frenchman.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2020-21 Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• north east lincs toon

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:20 PM

I think the premier league will lose the case and mash will be getting his compensation,but its if the Saudis still want to buy ,I hope so ,fingers crossed

• lesh

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM

Reposted due to missing the bus

As far as the meeting between Raab and MBS, it’s happened, in Saudi Arabia.

It’s noticeable that reference has been made to developing Saudi-UK joint-ventures (JV).

The the PCP-led takeover consortium includes PIF along with the UK based Reubens……….. a JV?

• toon22

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:25 PM

It would make it a JV by its very definition
    Let’s see if the turd wants to dance this time

• lesh

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:25 PM

Will someone tell Bruceyboy and Charmless that Willock is spelled as W-I-L-L-O-C-K…… not Saliba or Choudhury!

• toon22

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM

What we need and what we get isn’t relevant

• lesh

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:29 PM

Froggy

I think we can assume that MBS’s enthusiasm for UK-KSA JVs can be roughly translated as helping Raab understand that the NUFC takeover is a JV and he needs to make it happen!

• DaveD1000

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM

I wonder how Bruce will splurge his wad? All in for 12m or 2×6 or 4×3 5-5-2?

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:41 PM

Lesh

Again mate you are talking about this club like it’s any other and that’s just not the case.

I agree with you but long accepted the regime dont

• WLtoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM

Not one mention of Willock in the above article for new players being targeted, why?
    Has Arteta already told Bruce to forget about him, it seems strange that the most glaringly obvious success along with Lingard as far as loan signings were concerned was Willock,, yet not a jot of news about trying to persuade him to rejoin us.
    Does he even want to return? Has he said it personally?
    It`s ok fans shouting for Willock, but there could be many reasons why we aren`t pushing for him

• Assassins Inc

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:04 PM

I don’t get it, we were in 17th place that paid out around 105 million, we finished 12th which paid out about 120 million, this was mostly down to Willock and what did for our club.
    So the kid made us an extra 15 odd million, surely for what he did and the extra 15 Million he made it worth adding some to that and getting him for next season.

I’m so confused with these players we are linked with. Willock has done something and they have done nothing.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:04 PM

A fit Willems is a no brainer!

• Solano slice

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:11 PM

I think most of everyone’s transfer business will be done after the euro’s.
    That’s not to say that there isn’t glaring holes that need filling, Willock for 1 is put all your eggs in this basket and try get him sorted ASAP no need to wait till after the euros to figure out he works and suits our style,
    Then we can see what’s left in the piggy bank and worry about filling other voids after.

In saying all that I go back to I think clubs will be waiting to see who stars and who gets injured before stumping up big cash for players. Obvs there will be a few.

• Romford mag

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:12 PM

Downing Street urges England football fans to “get behind” the team , but refuse to condemn supporters who booed players for taking the knee !

• simon376

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:24 PM

Lesh

Who knows. Mentioned watching Chelsea in champions league with Gav and me texting each other all way through. Said that yes a Newcastle fan but happy to see Chelsea win stuff (at least before the big 6 thing kicked in) as watched them a lot and been to a few games coz of Gavin, but hoping that will change and we can compete again soon. He responded saying thinks its happening soon and loves toon fans

• simon376

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:25 PM

Lesh and everyone

This was his reply

Changes are afoot as far as I understand it! I don’t think it will be long before Newcastle are competing again and I look forward to it!! I have a similar admiration for the Toon

• cleveleysbob

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:28 PM

Just thought I’d pop on and thank Martoon for his sterling efforts. I think I was too late for the cut off when I submitted mine, I’ll try harder this year.

With all the warm and fuzzy stories about transfer targets and takeovers, I though this might be an appropriate track for virtually everyone.

Enjoy. 🙂

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:28 PM

I’m at home waiting for a delivery, been treating myself to a few new power tools from Milwaukee.

Forget Gillette, Milwaukee is the best a man can get!

Im way more excited waiting for these than our free transfers and fakeover stories. 🙂

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:28 PM

Simon

Let’s hope it lines up with all the little whispers going around.

I don’t think we are far off a conclusion to all this and I’ve always believed it will go in our favour.

Just a matter of time mate

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:30 PM

Peter Clennell
    @ClennellPeter
    UEFA and FIFA have been notified by the Swiss Ministry of Justice that they cannot retaliate against Super League clubs.
    Will UEFA revoke the disciplinary investigation/action against Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid…..
    #SuperLeague

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:31 PM

Always been a DeWalt man myself like, never let me down.

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM

Willems is a must buy. Can’t go wrong as he’s a free. If he gets injured for most of the season, just release him.

• toon22

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:39 PM

Mbappe’s hilarious reaction after Griezmann tells him he signed PSG star for Newcastle on Football Manager

Griezmanns playing as the toon on Football manager

Hmmm……

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:40 PM

Kets

Willems wanted a 1M signing on fee and his injuries are atrocious. If it’s as bad as I hear I wouldn’t take the risk. What’s the point in wasting money? Andy Carroll springs to mind

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:41 PM

Rumour is the consortium contacted Antonine and lined him up as our star signing when the new era commences 😎 so he is just familiarising himself with the toon army

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:46 PM

Staveley’s Barclays appeal was refused

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:49 PM

Mund

AC has been fit and raring to go all season, it’s TFG who’s unfit (for purpose)

If Willems is fit then he’s no waste of money.

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:50 PM

I’ll be 46 soon and I never thought it would happen yet I now know how Buck Rodgers felt in the 25th century.

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:51 PM

EGB

Willems fitness and his future fitness is very questionable.

I’d have the player I remembered as he built quite the rapport with fans but what if it has got worse? By the looks and sounds of it it has.

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:54 PM

Mund

You got any of the 60v or 120v battery Dewalt stuff?

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:05 PM

OP

Mainly 120V

I have most the DeWalt drills and power tools

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:07 PM

geordietom,
    No that wasn’t the tweet, I did find it though.
    “Feels like it could be a big week this week.

Few rumours floating about.

Stars seem to be aligning…?

PIF reps in the country tonight delivering some “out of court”, CONCLUSIVE separation evidence by hand to the relevant parties.

Let’s see if anything else leaks.

#NUFC”

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:13 PM

Mund,
    You said you wouldn’t normally listen to “burnsie” I’m assuming that’s because you think he’s full of shite. I’m not sure what you mean by that ‘I’m invested in it’ I’m desperate for some good news like we all are.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:16 PM

Is that Sabatov the Chelsea fan that told us he’d seen documents at work that showed we were getting a takeover announcement that week.
    Mund,
    What was the takeover news you and ‘mouth of the tyne’ said would be announced when we were mathematically safe?

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:19 PM

Mund

I’m running all M18, some M12 but all the main stuff M18.

Running 5 9 and 12amp batteries.

Mate has the 120 Dewalt stuff, gets about 5% more run time than I do, power is roughly the same but he needs 2 batteries to run his tools.

Twice the price, twice the weight etc etc.

Big switch, I used to be all Hilti but ditched it all 6 years ago!

They went massively down hill, Dewalt and Makita are really pushing on and I have 2 Dewalt lasers which I adore.

Nothing I’ve used takes the abuse or has the power the Milwaukee does in such a compact light package.

I’ve got batteries and tools several years old that run like the day I bought them, and they’ve been hammered, yet my mates who all use other brands have had at least 2 replacements after wearing others out.

3 years guarantee on batteries and the tool which I’ve never used yet.

My stuff is One Key, means it’s Bluetooth, I can turn them off and no one can use them via a app, set speeds torque etc too and they have GPS trackers inside their bodies built in.

I LOVE MILWAUKEE lol

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:22 PM

Jail

What I said basically was that he is a prick or at least acts like one at times and that’s why I blocked him, I don’t really know him but others say he is a sound lad.

He gets some of his bits off the lad who feeds me into but also bits off others one that you know of in the Highland Geordie

When I say invested I mean with the tweets and stuff from Twitter as you don’t believe a word of it.

Ofc I know you want a takeover and Ashley gone that has never entered my mind

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:22 PM

Op,
    If you’re using stuff all day everyday then you need to spend decent money. A really good bit of kit for the DIY’er is Ryobi although that’s not that cheap anymore and the new colour is minging.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:23 PM

It’s not that new either It’s been that sickly green for years now 😕

• DubaiMicky

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:23 PM

(Non football related)

Anyone watching Sean Bean in BBC’s “Time”, what a three parter!