web analytics

Ashley To Sanction Early Business With Highly Regarded Gunner On The Agenda – Report

Before this season even ended, reports claimed Newcastle were hoping to have some transfers completed early in the summer window. The two names that came up were Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer and Wigan forward Kyle Joseph.

Newcastle had been the clear favorites to sign the duo, but other clubs have since come into the fray. Ajer’s representatives have shopped their client around Europe and even met with Bayer Leverkusen a few weekends ago.

The 23-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and confirmed recently that he expects to leave Celtic this summer. Newcastle were hoping to have the Norwegian in by the start of pre-season for a bargain fee of £6-8m.

As for Joseph, the young striker would be one for the future. With Newcastle releasing Yannick Toure last week, a forward prospect is sorely needed at the Academy. The 19-year-old is out of contract at the end of the month but has been offered a new deal by Wigan.

Newcastle were reportedly willing to pay a little bit extra by way of a compensation fee for Joseph. However, last week it was revealed that Swansea were in talks for the striker and may now be the favorites to land him.

The Chronicle is reporting that Mike Ashley has backed Bruce’s request for early signings. The head coach is hoping for one or two additions before the squad returns for pre-season in early July. It could be that Ajer and Joseph were the two players Bruce had hoped to bring in early with those deals now in jeopardy.

There’s been no shortage of other targets linked to Newcastle with Arsenal defender William Saliba and Leicester midfielder Hamza Choudhury being the latest. The Chronicle also reports that Saliba is under serious consideration as a loan target.

Lee Ryder claims Newcastle have been tracking Saliba’s progress over the past 18 months including his loan spell at Nice during the second half of last season.

The 20-year-old was an Unai Emery signing in 2019 from Saint-Etienne. He remained with the French club for a season-long loan. When he came to Arsenal last summer it was with Mikel Arteta at the helm. The young defender only featured for the U23s before going to Nice on loan in January.

With David Luiz’s contract expiring at the end of the month, that could clear a path for Saliba into the Arsenal first team. However, if Arteta feels he isn’t quite ready, it seems Newcastle could make a loan offer for the Frenchman.

Who Was Newcastle Player Of The 2020-21 Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:25 PM

Mund

This just arrived, skip to about 1 min, see it chew.

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:26 PM

OP

They sound well futuristic! Cant argue with that tbh

I love DeWalt and was also a fan of hilti especially the core hole drills. It was like a knife to butter and done in no time where as every other one I used I was there for at least another couple of hrs rattling beyond belief 😆

The problem with DeWalt and especially on site is they are the main fckrs that get swiped, especially the batteries.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:26 PM

Mund,
    OK, I should have said the tweet came from the lad Mund says is a pr!(k not is full of shite.

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:27 PM

Jail, my daughter lives on Koh Samui, after the accident she went to a small hospital, but it got infected, so went to the five star one, she said getting the Insurance to agree payment was frightening, but the hotel she was working for paid the for the other three days, she’s now booked into the hotel she worked at for four days, because it’s a health spar, they have doctor’s and nurses. It’s been terrifying for us not being able to go over there, but it’s started to heal but still looks gruesome. The hotels about £700 a night, but they’ve given her a fantastic deal,

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:28 PM

Jail

Some of my stuff gets hammered, some of the DIY stuff wouldn’t last a day before giving up.

• Solano slice

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:28 PM

I presume for those hoping for PL to backdown and get an out of court settlement and takeover to be waved through pre court this would be the last chance saloon for that to happen and seems very unlikely.

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:32 PM

OP, your only 46, I didn’t realize you were so young. God think of all the years you have to suffer being a NUFC fan

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:33 PM

OP

It has a hanger! I’m sold! 😀

• cleveleysbob

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:33 PM

I’m 72 tomorrow and waiting for WiFi headsets to arrive so I can hear the f’in telly! 😆

Just saying! 😀

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:33 PM

Mund

Theres a lot of Dewalt on site up here.

One of the lads has a mate who works at the Dewalt factory and is always bringing stuff in.

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:34 PM

Mund

Cuts through 12mm steel, that sold me!

I’m taking it to the cashpoint later, get me money back 😉

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:36 PM

Bob, can I borrow the head set, it’s awful when we’re watching the tele, and saying to each other, ” what did they say “

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:36 PM

Carltoon

You’d never believe I was a Nufc fan to look at me!

I’ve all my own hair (loafs of it) and 10 grey hairs at most.

Don’t bite my nails and I’ve never punched a horse.

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM

Bob, happy birthday for tomorrow, have a good un. 😉

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM

I’ve loafs of hair.

Not sure what that means.

Loads

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:38 PM

carltoon,
    As long as she’s OK now, bloody insurance companies don’t mind taking the money of you in the first ace though 😕

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:38 PM

Ah! Well i do all that!!! Not punch the horse, of course.

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:44 PM

Jail, she’s on her own, honestly the worry, when the resort let all the expats go, she as the only one who stayed on the island, but they owner has been fantastic with her, before she had to go in hospital, they sent all her meals around. So I’m pleased she’s going to stay for four days. Look it up it’s called KAMALAYA. she booked us in for two nights when we visited a few years ago, it’s just unbelievable place.

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:47 PM

Hopefully, she gets her job back when they open the borders. But she’s doing all her work online boot camps and yoga. And was doing great, then this happened!if your interested I’ll give you her details. Ha ha.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Carltoon, got 2 sets coming on a single charging unit, so me and Mrs can finally hear some dialogue on dramas. It’s got so bad lately, we’ve been watching mostly overseas stuff with subtitles on, so our hearing doesn’t matter 🙄 😆

Really sorry about your daughter, sounds like she’s improving. £700 per night – nice! 😉

Hope you can get out to see her soon. Thanks for the birthday wishes, stopped counting approx 50 years ago, me and Mrs just had our 49th anniversary last Thursday, so something to shout about next year I suppose. 🙂 Take care.

• simon376

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:49 PM

OP

Same as me then, 46 in July and wondering just when will see Newcastle win something

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:50 PM

For the boot camp of course.

• Optimistic prime

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM

Simon

My dad told me when I was 15 I’d be lucky to see Nufc win anything in my lifetime.

No, before you ask, Mike Ashley is not my father.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM

carltoon,
    I first visited Koh Samui in ’99 when Chaweng and Lamai were two separate villages and there was only one ATM in Nathon port and hardly any hotels, just bungalows everywhere. One Aussie guy showed me pictures from ’77 when Chaweng was just a fishing village.

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:54 PM

OP

That was impressive cutting the steel with no bother.

The electrical whole sales place we always used for the gear and that the lad behind the counter always give us unbelievable deals on the drill sets and if they ever needed fixing he just sent them off and got them sorted for us. We sure do live in a world were it’s not what we know it’s who we know.

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:56 PM

Bobs

That’s fantastic news on the anniversary and a congratulations to you both but mainly the missus 😉

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM

Well I believe life starts at 40 (only because it’s my next birthday) so hopefully that means I will see us lot lift a trophy sometime in the near future.

Once Ashley has gone we will have that belief back again and so many more feelings that have been sucked away by the tyrant

• Pit yacker

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM

Am sure I will get some reality check but please does anyone have any good news about the takeover – I keep reading that it’s a pivotal time and decisions imminent – can anyone explain what we are waiting for in simple terms – appreciated, and are most people still quite positive it will happen?

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM

It’s a bit touristy in the towns, we stayed in fisherman’s village, when she was at work, that was great, but she lives not far from where she worked in KAMALAYA, it’s about ten little houses in a jungle clearing, with no postal address, but she loves it, when she lost her job last year, the landlord said she could stay for free, just pay for the Electric, the people are amazing.

• simon376

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM

OP

When I was 15 my Dad was amazed we saw promotion, never had same faith as me, but look where that has got us

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM

Miggy and his wife with the new addition Francesco

• Munster Mag

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:01 PM

Will you two get a room to talk about your tools? 🙂

• carltoon

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:02 PM

Pit Yacker, just don’t build your hopes up, if it happens it happens, knowing our luck, we’ll still be waiting, it doesn’t bare thinking about.

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Pit

We are waiting on arbitration which should start this Friday. The CAT response won’t be long after and then we will see what the next stage to that is but the hoping is it can be settled outside of this cases.

I read before that can happen the league will see what evidence and such is against them before possibly considering dealing outside of arbitration.

Time will tell but the good thing is the process is just round the corner and keep everything crossed that it will go out way.

I’ve been black bagged 6 times already as I’ve had it all crossed for over a year now and the wife ain’t happy 😉

• Munster Mag

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Good for u Miggy and wife!

• Mund

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:04 PM

Munster

That sounded so wrong 😆

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:05 PM

A full set of Bosch/Makita/Starrett holesaws can cost in between £50 and £90. I bought a full set of Silverline for £6, they’re crap, absolute rubbish as are all Silverline tools, what can you expect for £6, they’re good for plasterboard or very thin wood which I needed them for. Yet some guy left a one star review because he’d tried to drill a ¼” bit of steel with them. I think some people have less brains than they’re born with 😕

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Pit yacker,
    It’ll happen when we here from the club or a statement from PiF, anything else is just speculation.

• Pit yacker

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Thanks Carltoon and Mund – glad your reasonable about things – I like cautious optimism – got to better than expecting the worst
    If they settle before the case would be great and we can enjoy the summer

• lesh

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:09 PM

Simon

I, nay we, really hope your contact’s got the inside info and change comes soon.