web analytics

Premier League Announces Agreement With Super League Six As Piracy Report Has Ashley Encouraged

The Premier League has issued a joint statement with the FA about the six Premier League clubs involved in the failed attempt to form a European Super Leauge.

A few months ago, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City all publicly proclaimed their intent to join the Super League along with other elite European clubs. However, the fallout was swift and fans immediately started protest campaigns against the clubs.

In just days, all six clubs reversed their decisions and pulled out of the venture. Today, the EPL and FA have announced the ‘punishment’ those clubs will face for their actions. Here is the statement issued by the league and the FA:

The six clubs involved in proposals to form a European Super League have today acknowledged once again that their actions were a mistake, and have reconfirmed their commitment to the Premier League and the future of the English game.

They have wholeheartedly apologised to their fans, fellow clubs, the Premier League, and The FA.

As a gesture of goodwill, the clubs have collectively agreed to make a contribution of £22million, which will go towards the good of the game, including new investment in support for fans, grassroots football, and community programmes.

Furthermore, the clubs have agreed to support rule changes so that any similar actions in the future would lead to a 30-point deduction.

Each of the six clubs, in that event, would also be subject to an additional £25m fine.

The Premier League and The FA have worked closely together throughout this process and this agreement brings both investigations into the matter to a conclusion.

The six wealthy English clubs will only have to contribute around £3.67m each which doesn’t even amount to a slap on the wrist. However, the agreement to establish a rule that similar actions would result in a 30-point deduction and a £25m fine likely dooms any future attempts at a super league.

In other Premier League news, The Independent is reporting that the league is no longer calling for Saudi Arabia to be on the piracy watchlist in its most recent report to the US Trade Representative (USTR).

The report was sent in January and is in stark contrast to the one from 2020 which called the Saudi Kingdom a ‘center for piracy’. Mike Ashley is reportedly encouraged by this recent development.

However, the US government still has concerns over Saudi piracy according to the most recent USTR report published in April. The Premier League’s television rights holder for the region, beIN Sports, continues to be banned in Saudi Arabia so there is still no legal way to watch the matches.

The Premier League never got to the issue of piracy in regards to the Newcastle takeover. The process was stalled early on when the league decided that there was no way to separate the Saudi Kingdom from the Public Investment Fund.

That decision led to the Saudi PIF pulling out of the deal last summer and remains the focus of Mike Ashley’s legal battle with the Premier League. His anti-competition claim is scheduled to be heard on Friday while his arbitration hearing over the Saudi Kingdom/PIF decision could begin next month.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:42 PM

carltoon,
    I’ve tried my best to detach myself from it all, it’s not really possible but as much as I can.

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:43 PM

Loch

That must of been the posh version mine was made with funking cheese

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:46 PM

And it’s Munds fault for the spelling
    I copied him as I had no idea on how to spell it

• Romford mag

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:46 PM

Never had it !
    But To be honest , they all sound nice to me 😛

• magicmac54

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:47 PM

Jail for Ashley

I couldn`t agree more Jail every Newcastle fan on planet earth are looking forward to getting rid of that plonker Ashley and for the takeover to be approved, although i can fully understand why some fans being not so very comfortable if its by the Saudis, as for myself i dont care who takes us over i just want to see Ashley gone so we can finally get our club back. HWTL

• carltoon

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:47 PM

Jail, I’m quite pleased this time around, i have just hoped for the best, i was too gutted when it fell through, even now I just can’t make myself believe,

• Aces-of-Eights

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:48 PM

Not at all mund it needs to be said. Alcohol is strictly forbidden and the muslims that drink are nothing but disgrace.

Loved The Bill on itv but then they ruined it making it into something stupid with background music

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:48 PM

Jail

It’s probably a good idea to detach your self from it
    But I just can’t I love the build up and I love getting excited

• carltoon

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:49 PM

But i will dance on the tables if it does happen.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:52 PM

Aces-of-Eights,
    Don’t be ridiculous, it’s not their fault that a 1400 year old rule still applies in the 21st century, if you want a beer you should have one just as if you fancied a bacon sarnie.

• Mund

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:54 PM

Loch

Corned beef for me mate never had it with anything else

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:54 PM

ch,
    Done that last year and it turned out to be a shite summer because of it, I’ll believe it when there’s an official statement.

• Wor B

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:54 PM

CH, look what you did!

Wor B’s ganna be busy in the kitchen the morn.

🙂

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:56 PM

Aces

They’re hypocrites

I had a mate who owned a restaurant and his wife and kids weren’t allowed in coz it sold alcohol yet he drank and ate bacon sandwiches

• Mund

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:56 PM

It’s went a little further than last time with BZG tbf

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM

magicmac54,
    I hope you are well. Was really looking forward to a Talisker tonight and forgot she’d given it to the lad I’m getting the box off for his birthday last week, I thought she’d hid it from me at first 😀

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM

Jail

Fair enough let’s hope we are all happy soon

• Mund

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:58 PM

Chris Armin
    @chris_armin
    Wasn’t it the internet IP rights being protected that the EPL stipulated as of priority to the US on their piracy watchlist!?! Seem KSA are making it a priority too! Smirking face#NUFCTakeover #ApproveTheSale

• Optimistic prime

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:59 PM

Just like all those catholics etc who have sex before marriage are hypocrites?

Behave yourselves!!!

Stop talking religion, the blog isn’t the place for your opinion on fantasy subjects!

• coming home

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:03 PM

OP

Your right it’s not the place

But I think I put over a good case for hypocrisy

• magicmac54

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:09 PM

Jail for Ashley

Jail iam very well thanks, i trust you and your 1st lady and family are very well also fella. Were you referring to Talisker whiskey in your last post mate?

• magicmac54

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Optimistic
    Prime

Evening fella, most of us catholics have sex before marrige so i hold my hands up iam a hypocrite also 😀 😀 😀 I see your grafting away every day also mate, no rest for the wicked lad 😀 😀

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:54 PM

Wor B! if you don’t mind me asking?
    What is the percentage of the cut of your baguette?
    It looks like 56% 22% 22%,is there any relevance or was this just done on a whim? 😀

1 3 4 5