web analytics

Everton Gauge Benitez Interest As Report In Turkey Claims Fatih Terim Offered Position

Late yesterday, there were multiple reports linking Rafa Benitez to the open Everton job. That, of course, would be a shocking appointment considering Benitez’s close ties to Liverpool, where he managed from 2004 to 2010.

There has never been a manager to take the reins of both clubs. Benitez continues to live on Merseyside and has openly admitted his desire to return to the Premier League. However, Everton seems like the one Premier League club that Rafa would rule out managing.

The claim is that Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has reached out to Benitez, and other available managers, to gauge his interest in the position. Moshiri was recently forced into a managerial search when Carlo Ancelotti abruptly left to return to Real Madrid.

His top targets were ex-Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo and West Ham manager David Moyes. Everton moved on from Espirito Santo, who was also in talks with Crystal Palace before those broke down earlier this week.

David Moyes has a storied history at Goodison Park and has worked wonders with West Ham. However, Moshiri will only speak to Moyes if granted permission by the West Ham board. So Benitez is now part of a second tier of candidates that includes Lille’s Christoph Galtier and Brighton’s Graham Potter.

Sport Witness has cited a report from Turkish outlet Fotospor that Everton have made an offer to Galatasaray manager Fatih Terim, who has also managed the Turkish National team on three separate occasions.

As far as Benitez agreeing to join Everton, I’ll believe it when I see it. The logistics would be perfect for the Spaniard but the emotional turmoil seems too great. The problem that Rafa could face is the jobs are beginning to dry up with Wolves recently appointing Bruno Lage as their next manager.

• Adamn_92

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:18 PM

I’m worried that if we join the dots it’s just going to make a picture of Ashley giving us the finger.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM

We have a load of attacking talent but Southgate will fill the team with defenders. The bloke is an idiot.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM

Currently, got no excitement whatsoever about Euros. It might happen, if England win a couple of games, specially if we beat Croatia, which I have grave misgivings about.

Couple of decent wins and the heartbeat might quicken a tad. If not there8s always the Gin 😀

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:21 PM

Adam, brilliant 😆

• Romford mag

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:25 PM

Pink gin 🙂

• NY Mag

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:25 PM

Adam,

Quality, I proper laughed at that one 😀

• jimiley

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:30 PM

Toon is confident that they can retain Muto and Hendrick and Carroll.
    Great news. You need to keep the stalwarts to progress.
    Top 8 next season.
    Hope Gayle can stay as well to push us to top 6?
    Keep the faith in Bruce and fatty.

• jimiley

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:30 PM

Toon is confident that they can retain Muto and Hendrick and Carroll.
    Great news. You need to keep the stalwarts to progress.
    Top 8 next season.
    Hope Gayle can stay as well to push us to top 6?
    Keep the faith in Bruce and fatty.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Evening guys, all well?, or should I not ask as it offends some posters? 😉

• jimiley

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Likewise I cannot get excited about England. What’s to like about Mount and Foden and Sancho and Bellingham and Kane. Much more exciting to watch JJ and Hendrick and the Staffs and big Joe. We know quality in the dust bin north east.

• Romford mag

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:36 PM

Liked it so much you said it twice 😉

• Ace50

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:37 PM

Jail @72. The irony there is that the GB Olympic leaders, pinched ideas/strategy and lured people from Australia to change how we approach recruitment and training for our athletes

• Romford mag

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:40 PM

Evening Bob 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:46 PM

Howdy Rom 😉

Jimiley, I agree that some of our attacking players look tasty, but (a) will he use them, (b) will they perform?

How many times recently have we won all our qualifiers (or most) then not turned up at the Tournament?

• lochinvar

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:48 PM

Manchester United have had a £67m bid for England winger Jadon Sancho turned down by Borussia Dortmund.

Clearly the EPL sanctions against their inbred cousins hasn’t dented their financial exuberance too much otherwise they would have bid £68 million.

Not bad for a club that’s allegedly fit and proper and over £500million in debt.

• Ace50

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:50 PM

To be fair, England did ok last time out at a major competition

• Ace50

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:51 PM

I am at a loss though, at the best line-up and formation….thinking 3-4-2-1

• lochinvar

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:56 PM

Norwich have made a £31 million profit on selling Emiliano Buendia to Villa after just three years.

Ashley must be rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of selling Joelinton for over £70million.

• jimiley

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:56 PM

Clevelysbob
    Just saying I would rather watch the Toon rather than England. Our team is much more exciting and more skilful. Put Kane in the toon team and we would beat england

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:02 PM

I’d rather watch us than England, but I respect your “tongue in cheek” comments, particularly when you bring Hendricks onto your team sheet 😉

I’d rather play Jimi Hendricks and that poor buggers been dead for years! 🙂

• Mund

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:05 PM

Somehow I don’t think it will stop us

Politics For All
    @PoliticsForAlI
    Police cars revolving lightSoccer ball | NEW: Fans drinking in the pubs over the weekend will be banned from singing ‘Football’s Coming Home’ to stop the spread of coronavirus

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:10 PM

Ace, I think I must have slept through the last one, my memories full of disappointments in Brazil, getting turned over by Iceland, did we come 4th in last World Cup?

Do you win owt coming 4th? Russia wasn’t it? – another one of FIFA’s PR exercises.

Sorry, taking the mick a little, it’s been one of those days, not having a go, just no enthusiasm yet, I’m hoping we’ll do well a bit like I’m hoping the TO will happen. 🙂

• Mund

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:11 PM

At least you are keeping it football related Bobs 😉 😆

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:12 PM

Anyhoo, I think I better go to bed before I either get into trouble or cause some 😉

Night all.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:13 PM

Taken me all day Mund, but got there in end haha 😆

Night.

• Mund

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:16 PM

Night Bobs

You’ve been on form tonight mate

See you on the morrow

• NY Mag

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:41 PM

Sorry bob,

It looks like I missed you again….had to dip into one more meeting.

This work malarkey is getting right in the way of my time on the blog 🙂

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:23 AM

Jane

Maybe you should ask Alexa before you post.

😉

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:29 AM

Last chance saloon for those Euro Fantasy Football entries lads and lasses. Deadline is in 17 1/2 hours apparently (and they you won’t have to put up with me mentioning this again).

Code: 9851NSWN01

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:29 AM

Swlabr

@55

‘Curtis Live’ – one of my go to albums.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:35 AM

Missed the booze chat. Sitting here with my lagavulin (16 year), which has a lovely smokey aftertaste. The missus tells me it’s because they burn the inside of the barrels.

She only bought it for me because she loves to watch Parks & Rec and she thinks I’m a Geordie Ron Swanson and he drinks this stuff.

She’s absolutely right. I am exactly like Ron and I’m not arguing with her on it 🙂

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:40 AM

Carltoon

One for you when you have a minute to spare

It’s not Sam C but street musicians from around the world and, it really works.

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:41 AM

Scythe For Bruce

Lagavulin is my favourite of the Islays.

Have another for me.

Enjoy

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:42 AM

Wor B

caught up on the blog today and laughed at your reference of me being a poor urchin boy as a kid in his tin bath. I used to watch Stingray and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in there, so it wasn’t all bad 🙂

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:44 AM

lesh – will happily have another before bed later. In the middle of a movie double bill – Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark. That man Spielberg knew how to make a movie back in the day. Cracking films. Got them on the projector screen down here in the basement. Just waiting for the missus to tell me to turn the bass down though!

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:51 AM

Scythe For Bruce

If you ask Mrs Scythe nicely, she might even bring you an ice-cream and some popcorn.

Enjoy your evening

Sláinte

• lesh

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:52 AM

Good day, night all.

Take care

• Scythe For Bruce

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:11 AM

Cheers lesh! Night

• toon22

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:55 AM

Have we been sold yet ????