web analytics

Newcastle Confirm Five Magpies Have Signed New Deals

Newcastle have belatedly confirmed that five Magpies have signed new contracts. Paul Dummett and Fabian Schar have had one-year extensions triggered while Jacob Murphy, Federico Fernandez, and Dwight Gayle have agreed on new deals.

On Tuesday, Newcastle released images of Dummett, Murphy, and Gayle during their first day back at training. There were no photos of Federico Fernandez or Fabian Schar, who is expected to return later this month after playing for Switzerland in the European Championships.

It’s good news to see that Fernandez is back at the training ground and has agreed on a new deal. Unfortunately, Newcastle have not revealed any details of any of the new contracts for Gayle, Murphy, or Fernandez so we don’t know how long they have been tied down for.

Steve Bruce will be thrilled that these deals have been completed. He’s pushed for new deals for the bulk of players on expiring contracts. Here is what Bruce said about getting these five Magpies tied down:

“I’m delighted to extend the players’ contracts.

“They all have a thorough understanding of this club and what it takes to play here, and they have all made excellent contributions over recent years.

“The hard work preparing for the new season has already begun and we’re looking forward to building momentum as we head towards the big kick-off next month.”

• DrGloom

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:46 PM

I presume that means we haven’t given Carroll a new contract ?

• G

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:47 PM

Is that a training kit or an away kit? Quite like it

• simon376

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Rather have had Carroll than Gayle

• G

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Dr Gloom, I should hope not

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:49 PM

Spot the Mund

Place your cross in the appropriate gap.

£1 per cross, payable to Wor B’s powerfully hopped IPA fund.

😆

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:49 PM

x

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:50 PM

That interview with Amanda was that just a snippet is there more to come ?

• G

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Is Mund being moderated or something?

• Mund

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Carroll apparently has a 12 month contract on the table. He will be back Monday

Hi Rom 🙂

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:50 PM

Magscar , if your still around …

small( ish ) world wor lass is from Howdon as well …

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:52 PM

why is Mund being Moderated ?

• richyg01

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:00 PM

I take it Carroll is shown the door then? He’ll do well at Gateshead

• lesh

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:02 PM

magscar

If it’s not raining Mrs M might have time to paint the outside of the house before preparing dinner and the match nibbles.

You’re a hard man.

Take care.

• carltoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:06 PM

WorB ha ha ha 😀

• carltoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:06 PM

X

• Romford mag

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Mund #10

Whack 😉

• carltoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Mags, definitely not house husband then 🙄 ya spoilt rotten, unlike Bob who can make cherry scones

• magscar

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Tom

just popped in ( fortunately allowed as I’m not on the oot list) and as you say a small world but not too unexpected that there are some “ccnnections”given that many do come from a rlatively small catchment area originally

A lot of us from Shields not the South lot though – although I recall Bob, Simon and Jail from the top of my head are from or live that way

I have often wondered if we give a short history of ourselves ala socal media ( I know God forbid!) we would be surprised at various connections we have woth other posters

From an exchange with Carltoon some weeks/months back i learnd she went to same shool as one of my sisters and my brother, lives near where i grew up and goes to the church I iused to be an altar boy in.

Probably loads of other connections.with her and no doubt others including Jib from some of his posts

Anonymity is probaly best but not to be abused

• WLtoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:11 PM

Won`t be making a prediction for tonight`s game after what happened yesterday so relax everyone.
    Lets hope we are sorted in normal time though eh, pens are no good for the ticker.

• carltoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:13 PM

Magsgar, if you went to the Baileys dances at the Ball well, i may have danced the last dance with you. 😉

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM

A man loses his hat and decides the easiest way to get another one is to steal it.
    He goes to the church cloakroom to get a hat. A sermon about the Ten Commandments was going on. The man pauses to listen and then changes his mind. On nearing the exit, he runs into the pastor.

He says, “I came here with sin in my heart. I must say, you saved me from crime.”

The pastor replies, “That’s nice to hear. What sin were you about to commit?”

The man replies, “I came here to steal a hat, but your sermon made me change my mind.”

The priest says, “May I know what part of my sermon made you see the error of your ways?”

The man replies, “When you reached the ‘Thou shalt not commit adultery’ part, I suddenly remembered where I left my hat.”

• WLtoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:15 PM

Solano Slice.

You are welcome , a little bit of history never did anyone any harm .

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:16 PM

Magscar …

as you say howdon is a small area , could be they know each other, you a north shields lad ,

• WWSBRD

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:21 PM

All sensible deals really. Will all likely get plenty play time. I would take Will Hughes as well, tidy player who hasn’t quite lived up to his potential yet

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:22 PM

Magscar …

sorry mate just re read your comment , born and bred in shields myself …

• WWSBRD

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:24 PM

I say plenty of play time if this takeover happens who knows where the clubs goes haha

• surreytoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:24 PM

What are the durations of these contracts? Why have they omitted that?

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:25 PM

Spot the Mund has been suspended pending an enquiry.

Ya little tinkers!

😆

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:25 PM

My friend used to run a hotel, but now he runs an Airbnb. I asked him if this change in job gave him any new challenges.
    He said no, it’s entirely inn keeping.

• Carson80

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:28 PM

Turning into the Real Madrid of the Premier league, wonder which galactico we’ll sign next.

• geordietom

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:30 PM

The sweater my wife gave me for Xmas was picking up static electricity, so I went to the store to change it.
    They gave me another one, free of charge.

• Carson80

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:30 PM

They’re all 2 month extensions till the takeover happens and then they’ll be told ” on yer bike”.

• Mund

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:31 PM

Sadly it’s simpler to extend these contracts than Ashley putting his hand in his pocket

• magscar

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:32 PM

Carltoon

All a joke of course

She has had bouts of poor health ( several ups and downs) for more than 10 years and I’ve been willing house husband/ carer during that time – as she would be for me

i know im not alone in that respect

It’s actualy our 48th wedding anniversary today and due to suddeness of self isolation we have been caught on hop

We were actual taliking at weekend of (bravely for us} booking pub in village ( has very good reputation) for a decent meal at lunchtime and watch match with some family later

It’s not far for her to walk these days so wouldn’t need lift and i wouldn’t have had to drive

Normally we could have asked family to bring us in something special if not going out as we did last year as she was still shielding but of course due to their different contacts with my daughter who tested psotve at weekend they are all self isolating as well

I can rustle up something from what we have in and are just pleased we are still here to celebrate with each other ( many aren’t!)

Neither of us are needy and as long as we have family we can make do – reckon we might be out of this lot by our 50th ainniversary – won’t we? – please

Anyway we will both watch England tonight

• Mund

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:33 PM

I think we should start a sweep for what number I’ll pop up on 😉

£10 in, £5 to the winning pot and £5 for the SBR foundation.

Anyone who might be considering I can be bought off? 100%

Contact me on Twitter for bank details 😎

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:33 PM

GT #31

Heard that one ions ago, but still funny.

😆

• Not another deJong

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:35 PM

Will Hughes!

Ol’lay!!

Can we do an oh lay every time we are relinked to the same player??!!

• Carson80

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:36 PM

WorB don’t think it will be at 31 for long
    😀

• Carson80

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:39 PM

Nice to see you back on the blog RichyG01.

1 2 3 5