web analytics

Newcastle Confirm Five Magpies Have Signed New Deals

Newcastle have belatedly confirmed that five Magpies have signed new contracts. Paul Dummett and Fabian Schar have had one-year extensions triggered while Jacob Murphy, Federico Fernandez, and Dwight Gayle have agreed on new deals.

On Tuesday, Newcastle released images of Dummett, Murphy, and Gayle during their first day back at training. There were no photos of Federico Fernandez or Fabian Schar, who is expected to return later this month after playing for Switzerland in the European Championships.

It’s good news to see that Fernandez is back at the training ground and has agreed on a new deal. Unfortunately, Newcastle have not revealed any details of any of the new contracts for Gayle, Murphy, or Fernandez so we don’t know how long they have been tied down for.

Steve Bruce will be thrilled that these deals have been completed. He’s pushed for new deals for the bulk of players on expiring contracts. Here is what Bruce said about getting these five Magpies tied down:

“I’m delighted to extend the players’ contracts.

“They all have a thorough understanding of this club and what it takes to play here, and they have all made excellent contributions over recent years.

“The hard work preparing for the new season has already begun and we’re looking forward to building momentum as we head towards the big kick-off next month.”

• Solano slice

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:33 PM

Didn’t see Stavely on the news

• Reilly

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:33 PM

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:33 PM

OK folks, the TV coverage has started, you can now have a drink without your family raising an eyebrow.

• simon376

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:35 PM

So good to see so many Shields people on here

Speaking of Shields folk, one who became a Shields lad was Gavin’s Grear Granddad. Been asking if it will change his mind for support tonight but he’s not having it and still going for England. His great grandfather Alf was from Denmark, gold old Uncoe Alf, I’m of course still going fir England tonight as well

• Romford mag

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:35 PM

Can dog’s raise their eyebrows ?

• The Ledge

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:35 PM

Be nice Rom maybe Willie Nelson can sort us with a bit of his own homegrown.

• Romford mag

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:36 PM

Ledge

I’m up for that bud 😀

• Solano slice

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:40 PM

Boom right on Que. cheers again Reilly

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:40 PM

Rom

Always keep the dog on-side. Might be sleeping with him later.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:41 PM

Still no news
    Annual Season Tickets for the 2020/21 season are not currently on sale as we await further information about the return of crowds to St. James’ Park

• lesh

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:42 PM

Swlabr

Good to hear that there’s a new album due out. I’ll check that one out. I’m interested to find out whether Lindley’s still playing as I’ve tried to contact him a couple of times to ask about one of his bootlegs, but no response whether from his personal or sales em addresses.

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:45 PM

One change, Saka in for Sancho.

• Ashingtoon62

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:52 PM

He must be keeping Grealish/Sancho and Foden for the final then,

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:53 PM

Previous post says we’re interested in Will Hughes and he’s within our budget? We have a budget? How much is it? Is it a war chest as has been spoken of or a mayhem snuffbox? What size is this budget? Does it have actual money in it?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:54 PM

Still waiting for our first signing with the war chest. Other owners must be quaking in their boots thinking about that kind of money flying past them.

• Not another deJong

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:56 PM

Good discussion about culture and this article on 5Live

• Great White Hunter

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:57 PM

Will (frixxng) Hughes, come on posters, he is absolutely utter Crap, rather put Darlow in midfield ! Cor blimey, our expectations are terrible to say the least.
    Anyway Quiet on the t/o front, which is good, IMO, something’s a brewing….., back to tonight’s game, I,m being brave…… Eng 2 v Denmark 0……….Final, Sunday……Eng 1 v Italy 0, Scorers Kane,Sterling 2, Got a £50 bet on that prediction ……………..only joking….. HWTL & Consortium. Enjoy the game girls & boys.

• lesh

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:58 PM

Swlabr

Here’s a bit about the new Jackson Browne album.

It doesn’t look like Lindley playing slide.

• Wor B

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:59 PM

We can probably win the Euro’s with the B team.

Bring in the big guns for the latter stages of the world cup.

How’s that Ron?

😆

• WLtoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM

Club Ago Go in Toon getting The Blue Plaque award to be erected next year. Lots of old mods were kicking about on their Vespa`s and Lambretta`s today in celebration.

• Ron Knee

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:03 PM

World-beating, Wor B!

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:03 PM

Swlabr/simon

Another Sanddancer here. Grew up right where Stanhope Rd meets Boldon Lane not far from Tyne Dock Metro Station.

Hoping to fly back over the waters next summer if this whole Covid thing settles down. Still got family over there. Plus I miss me saveloy dips! 🙂

• Ashingtoon62

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:03 PM

Just watched the Talk Sport vid with Simon Jordan re.Wor Amanda (I know I’m 24hrs behind everyone else) and I’m totally gobsmacked.
    I now hold Jim White in great esteem lol.Here’s the link if anyone hasn’t seen it.
    If you do watch it please read the comments,I only managed to read about 15,because I only own the one laptop and value it.
    After watching the clip I was like”Go on Jim lad!” After reading the comments I thought I might really be deluded.

• Ron Knee

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:03 PM

Interesting, WL. I was a regular!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:05 PM

Yes Will Hughes Great White. He’s all we can afford with wor mayhem snuff box of cash. I think we can get him nice and cheap and use him to finish matches where other midfielders have been injured. I used to enjoy watching him as a young’un. Beggars can’t be choosers and we’re definitely oot there with our tin cup mate.

• WLtoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:07 PM

Kasper Schmeichel causing a bit of a stir in a presser when asked if the trophy was coming home, or words to that effect.
    His reply `Coming Home? You haven`t ever won it have you `

Arrogant English always put themselves in the firing line don`t they.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:07 PM

Can anybody think of anybody else we can afford? Be careful how many zero’s come after the first digit now. It should be a small number such as 4 or possibly 5 at a pinch.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Just to clarify regarding Jail – when I was trying to set up this season’s FFL I had a bit of bother with it and Jail asked outside the blog if someone could assist me.

I let him know a couple of days ago that I wasn’t successful and had just started a new one and that things had been a bit mental on the blog.

He wrote back to me saying he was staying off the blog and wasn’t sure if he was coming back again. Didn’t want a song and dance about it so that’s why he didn’t announce anything.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Yes that was funny. Schmeichel was right to point that out. We’re looking for a first major final in 55 years. Not exactly dominance of your chosen sport is it?

• Swlabr

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Lesh, cheers for that! Now you mention it, I’m hard pushed to remember when I last saw David L. in action, whether on tv or guesting on anybody’s recordings. Hope he’s ok. I think Jackson’s latest group of musicians are a slide player called Greg Liesz (or something like that) and David McCallum’s son Val McCallum.
    Gonna read your link now, then settle down for the match. Catch you later.

• Ashingtoon62

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:09 PM

Scythe I was 35yrs old when I had my first Savloy dip,met a lad through work and still friends all these years later.It was from a butchers at The Nook,I had never even heard of them until then.Suppose that what happens when you live in the wilds of wanny. 😀

• GeordieTwo

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:10 PM

I do think the current team is very good mind. And can be good for several years to come. But we have to start winning things to bluster about a trophy coming home.

• WLtoon

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:12 PM

Ron Knee,

I am too young to have went but it was obviously a very very popular haunt, and many a famous artist performed their including a young Hendrix.
    I was a mod back i the day, that was in the very early 80`s.
    Sounds as though i have missed out on an experience all those years ago.

• Great White Hunter

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:12 PM

GeordieTwo #145, No problem hinny, your opinion and my opinion differs….. cheers.

• scott

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:14 PM

According to his agent Murphy has been given a 6 year deal!

Can’t be correct Shirley!

• Swlabr

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:18 PM

Scythe…triple A ! Saveloys dips, slurp!! Hope you get your trip back soon.
    A little trivial tale. I used to work in John Colliers the tailor (The widow to watch) as a junior trainee, so also a gofer. The manager used to send me along to the pork butchers for saveloys. He liked them skin off and he always used to say “three saveloys and get them circumcised” 🙂

• The Ledge

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM

GWH…..my opinion is the same as yours he is useless would prefer Shelvey to be honest.

• Romford mag

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM

Scott

Could have been worse !

Fat lad could have offered Bruce a six year deal ! 😳

• The Ledge

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:21 PM

Don’t say that Rom it made me sick in my mouth.

• Swlabr