web analytics

NUFC Target Feels Recent Loan Moves Have Been Crucial To His Development

Arsenal fly to Orlando tomorrow to prepare for Sunday’s Florida Cup against Inter Milan. All indications are that Newcastle’s top summer target Joe Willock will be on that flight.

The ball is in Mikel Arteta’s court as to the midfielder’s future. For now at least, it appears that Arteta is going to take a long look at Willock before making his decision.

After the 1-0 defeat at York City on Sunday, Steve Bruce said he had a few things bubbling away in the transfer market. However, he conceded that nothing was imminent.

In addition to Willock, Newcastle are in talks to land Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on a season-long loan. He could be one of the targets Bruce mentioned on Sunday.

The Express have published some comments from the 21-year-old about his loan spells over the past two seasons. The attacking midfielder split the 2019-20 season between Charlton and Swansea in the Championship. Last season he had his first taste of the Premier League with West Brom.

Gallagher believes those loans have been very beneficial to his development. This is what the young Englishman said about those moves:

“I’ve loved every loan I’ve been on. It’s been great meeting new people, playing with different players, and under different managers. It’s all about getting different experiences.

“With Sam at West Brom, it was more about the dirty side and doing that well, whereas at Swansea it was about runs in behind and creating chances.

“Each manager has helped improve different areas of my game.

“I’ve improved as a player in the past two years, and a lot of that is down to the four managers I’ve played under. I want to push on even more now.

“I think of myself as an all-round midfielder.

“I know defensive intelligence is something I can improve on so I’ve been working on that. I’ve been told I need to get better at that so I’m focusing on it.

“I’m only 21 so I feel like I’ve gained a lot of experience already. It’s still just the start. I’m nowhere near where I want to be. I know I can go even further.”

Gallagher is destined for another loan this season. From these comments, he seems very determined to fulfill his vast potential. The England U21 international only turned 21 in February so he could be primed for a breakout season.

If he is one Bruce is targeting, let’s hope there is a breakthrough soon. Newcastle are falling behind the pack having made no additions with the season due to start in under four week’s time.

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:47 PM

Your starting to run out of cobblers to be positive about arnt you

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM

Blinded by hatred

Clear the fog of hate it becomes more clear

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:49 PM

Yeh like that
    Utter cobblers

Just another 2 weeks

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:51 PM

I don’t suppose you’ve noticed the last 15 years

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:52 PM

There are none so blind as those who will not see

• dabassman

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:53 PM

@toon 22 I could show you the proof
    No never mind you not worth the effort

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:55 PM

The Tinman,
    Are you making these up or are these bloke’s actually tweeting this.

• Zorro

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:04 PM

West lancs
    I totally agree choudrey and Hughes are a total waste of money especially when you have none but the longstaffs are not the answer
    They will have to be used as its all we have
    Like I have stated it’s all about 17th
    At home with crowds it could work in our favour where the players feel the wrath of the fans if they slack off but it could turn toxic if they go into their shell under that clown of a manager
    Regardless of all that this is nufc in the epl with most of the others
    Just cannon fodder for the teams who have ambition
    No takeover = a relegation fight every year you just have to pay hundreds for the privilege of seeing it
    Bruceless out

• TheTinman

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:06 PM

They’re made up, just like their actual tweets 😀

• hibbit

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:09 PM

the gate is going to to be interesting this season by the comments on her today ??

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:11 PM

The Tinman,
    It is evident beyond doubt that him and his ilks ‘info’ has been purely speculative based on snippets of stories from here or there. None more so than the Willock one the other day. Martin Hardy says talks have opened up. Arsenal team sheet released with no Willock. Bang, the perfect mix for the speculative ITK. Unfortunately for them and more so us, that’s all it was. A pure shot in the dark.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:12 PM

Prince’s Mate.
    Ajer has gone to Brentford for £13.5 M. Is he really worth that sort of money when not that long ago we had a nailed on deal at £5M. Only time will tell.
    Can not understand Mash not buying Willock if the £10M figure is correct. For a 21 year old England prospect . That looks cheap so I say more fake news. If the figure is right couldn’t see Mash passing on the opportunity to buy him as he is a perfect fit for Mash’s “policy” . Buy young quality British players with promise as cheap as possible and then sell them on for a huge profit a couple of years later.
    At best we get him on loan again till Christmas.Losing Maxi is the real worry if Willock doesn’t return as the built up a great relationship both on and off the field and certainly complimented each others style of play. Also need a quality sticker as back up for Wilson. There again Tammy Abraham on loan would fit the bill but I think Chelsea want to sell him so probably not an option.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:12 PM

hibbit,
    You don’t seem to be posting as much.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:13 PM

It will be interesting what affect Townsend has on DCL with service from.the wings, has he still got what it takes, did we miss a trick or dodge a bullet.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:17 PM

A few things bubbling away for less than 10M total? So some very poor players or somebody on loan. Really exciting stuff Mr. Brucie.

• TheTinman

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:17 PM

We dodged a bullet on Andros I think.

Jail, they’ve been proven wrong multiple times in the last few days. They don’t even have the brains to make half of their assumptions open ended so they can easily hide behind it

• GeordieTwo

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:18 PM

Just another pathetic summer under Ashley.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:20 PM

Zorro the lack of ambition from Mash and the fact that we are “managed” in a very poor fashion by a Clueless Dinosaur is the real worry. Bruce was extremely lucky to finish 12th and he should be admitting this to Ashley and demanding backing to improve the squad so that we are not in the same boat this season.
    The reality of it is we will be. Ashley is quite happy to finish 17th and keep lining his pockets without shelling out any more money. However there are a lot of loyal fans including myself who are not prepared to keep putting up with this. Personally I’d rather be supporting a winning team in the Championship than one not competing for honours in any competition just to satisfy our greedy owners wishes of staying in the Premiership.

• hibbit

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:21 PM

jail i’m at a crossroads struggling to stay interested and justifying the cost to contently watching poor football and listening to Bruce calling the fans for wanting better,

• WLtoon

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:22 PM

I want this court case to run it`s course , i want the public to hear exactly what has been going on between the four walls inside the PL, and i want Masters and Hoffman nailed.
    If a deal is struck out of court then ok, we get our wish but that would mean the corrupt bastards will walk away with their reputations untarnished.
    Once this CAT case kicks off i think it will be cracking viewing for football fans in general, not just Toon fans.
    I can`t wait to see Hoffman and co squirm.

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:27 PM

Sounds like there’s a big chunk of wishful thinking there
    The last 15 years suggest there may be some very unhappy people

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:28 PM

Mund

Do you often stick yer thumbs in yer gob and stick yer chest out ?

• WLtoon

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:28 PM

Just hope Staveley doesn`t take the stand, oh dear.

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:29 PM

Even if this cat case proves whatever
    It’s not going to sell the club

Our only hope is they want to avoid the case all together

It’s not even grasping at straws any more

• eggman

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:32 PM

Youre right toon22

Absolute cobblers

Another shambolic season incoming and the takeover further away than it ever was.

The made up ITK that is spouted on here is laughable and is total conjecture

Get real people..

• Munster Mag

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:37 PM

Amanda definitely hasn’t come across as a good communicator so far and the orange peel bastad was more articulate etc but we’ll get over that.

Jail, you’re gurning over ITKs again. Don’t bother, it’s not worth your stress.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:51 PM

Munster,
    You just worry about your hairy gowl and I’ll keep posting my opinions thank you very much!

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:57 PM

Just not opinions about the Irish 😉

• Anglosaxon

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:09 PM

Opinions Jail new way to spell SH!TE

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:18 PM

Unify the Toon
    @ToonUnify
    Delayed Arbitration Thread

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:30 PM

To be honest I don’t even think Ashley knows what is actually going on – he’s pushing an agenda , EPL are pushing one … Who knows how it will turn out … If they did they wouldn’t be contesting it 😕

We want Willock on a other loan deal …arsenal want a transfer or an obligation to buy which we won’t sign up for

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:31 PM

In my opinion

• geordietom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:36 PM

thought id get this song in early before nightshift wakes up …

• Ace50

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for link to Twitter thread Mund. That nicely sums up where we are in easy to understand terms

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM

No problem Ace

Confidence is flowing today after yesterday’s bombshell

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:42 PM

eggman,
    If you’re still about, are you joining the H2H league this year, you had an excellent score last time round.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:45 PM

Is OLG back on the purple hearts 😳

• jane

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:47 PM

“Listened to the Wraith and Patterson steam earlier and Keith sounds confident the TO will be done.”

if they said otherwise they would lose their celebrity status.

• The mighty wyn

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:47 PM

Mund
    Not a dig at you but confidence has been flowing for 16 months now and hasn’t got us anywhere except deeper stagnation as a club
    I hope the optimists are right and we get what we all want but I dont think I’ll hold my breath as it’s all pure speculation

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:48 PM

jane,
    They would certainly struggle to punt their You Tube show that’s for sure.