web analytics

NUFC Target Feels Recent Loan Moves Have Been Crucial To His Development

Arsenal fly to Orlando tomorrow to prepare for Sunday’s Florida Cup against Inter Milan. All indications are that Newcastle’s top summer target Joe Willock will be on that flight.

The ball is in Mikel Arteta’s court as to the midfielder’s future. For now at least, it appears that Arteta is going to take a long look at Willock before making his decision.

After the 1-0 defeat at York City on Sunday, Steve Bruce said he had a few things bubbling away in the transfer market. However, he conceded that nothing was imminent.

In addition to Willock, Newcastle are in talks to land Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on a season-long loan. He could be one of the targets Bruce mentioned on Sunday.

The Express have published some comments from the 21-year-old about his loan spells over the past two seasons. The attacking midfielder split the 2019-20 season between Charlton and Swansea in the Championship. Last season he had his first taste of the Premier League with West Brom.

Gallagher believes those loans have been very beneficial to his development. This is what the young Englishman said about those moves:

“I’ve loved every loan I’ve been on. It’s been great meeting new people, playing with different players, and under different managers. It’s all about getting different experiences.

“With Sam at West Brom, it was more about the dirty side and doing that well, whereas at Swansea it was about runs in behind and creating chances.

“Each manager has helped improve different areas of my game.

“I’ve improved as a player in the past two years, and a lot of that is down to the four managers I’ve played under. I want to push on even more now.

“I think of myself as an all-round midfielder.

“I know defensive intelligence is something I can improve on so I’ve been working on that. I’ve been told I need to get better at that so I’m focusing on it.

“I’m only 21 so I feel like I’ve gained a lot of experience already. It’s still just the start. I’m nowhere near where I want to be. I know I can go even further.”

Gallagher is destined for another loan this season. From these comments, he seems very determined to fulfill his vast potential. The England U21 international only turned 21 in February so he could be primed for a breakout season.

If he is one Bruce is targeting, let’s hope there is a breakthrough soon. Newcastle are falling behind the pack having made no additions with the season due to start in under four week’s time.

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:49 PM

I understand people are hanging onto any comment that has a positive view on takeover outcome but realistically I think Ashley is gambling on getting a payout from EPL .. Staveley is being strung along by love from fans and probably Saudis and Ashley …in my opinion – how long can this saga go on ..it’s literally a joke to expect fams to buy season tickets for more of the same but a little worse each season … No hope, no dreams (

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:50 PM

Sorry to the believers for the negativity 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:50 PM

The mighty wyn,
    The only reliable news we’ve had is when the club have made a statement and that is really saying something when the club have been our best sources of information.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM

DrGloom,
    It’s not negativity, it’s how you see it and perfectly rational.

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM

TMW

We don’t have a takeover because a corrupt organisation and a self imposed top 6.

If it was done right we would be a year in with new owners right now.

It is still alive and however deflated each of us are from yesterday we can take comfort in knowing it’s not over and more moves are to be made.

• Optimistic prime

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:52 PM

Gloom

If nothing happens before season start it’ll interesting to see gate numbers.

Some will be desperate to get back, the forced break due to the pandemic may have made a few rethink if they want to go back.

Then this yesterday.

Wonder how many will tip up.

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:52 PM

Or maybe people don’t like what was said jail?

Funny how they are always manipulated when it’s against you.

• The mighty wyn

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:54 PM

Jail
    I agree and even then it was short and sweet. Seems to be a lot of trying to turn negatives into positives today.
    I still think the best chance of it happening is if the league are frightened of what will come into the public domain but we still might never get to that

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:55 PM

OP – I mostly go to away games simply because the crack with fans better , even though we normally lose. I’m even thinking I won’t bother with that this season – obviously I’ll probably go though 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:56 PM

Mund,
    When two people get 25 hearts a piece for bang average put downs in the space of ten minutes then something is fishy 😕

• The mighty wyn

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:56 PM

Mund I’m sure there are still moves going on but nobody can be confident after the last year.
    The league have been going to give in for ages now but it still hasn’t happened and all the while the club gets weaker and more stagnated

• Adamn_92

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:57 PM

Gloom

Don’t worry mate I take the flack for everyone’s less than positive opinions it’s all good haha

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:00 PM

Is that an opinion Jail?

Sounds like one.

• DrGloom

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:01 PM

Adam – perfect , I’ll post more doom and gloom … If the positivity crew can see positivity in bread , I can see mould and staleness 😀

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:03 PM

TMW

Hopefully Ashley puts his hand in his pocket as it’s needed.

We have been shafted every step of the way.

We have been shown what the real face of football looks like.

If we are left with the unthinkable, have you even considered how you might feel going forward as a fan with knowing what we know? I don’t know if football will ever be the same again for me.

I do believe it will get done still.

Staveley coming out with rallying cries and saying it will get down and they won’t give up!

She knew what was coming.

The fight continues.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:03 PM

Of course it is Mund.

• Adamn_92

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:04 PM

Gloom

No worries man glad I could help, post away and I’ll be the sponge to absorb the hits 🙂 may need to change your name from Dr to Doom soon though!

• Anglosaxon

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:04 PM

Jail or the peeps on this blog know you’re a dick! don’t make them out as fools, a lot of clever posters out there.

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:04 PM

David Ornstein
    @David_Ornstein
    Police cars revolving light EXCL: Arsenal pre-season tour to USA cancelled because of #COVID19 cases in #AFC camp. Small number of positives in travelling party, all asymptomatic. Club working through alternate plans as virus wreaks more havoc ahead of new PL season
    @TheAthleticUK

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:05 PM

Maybe ash will wait until 31 Aug to sign any players. Basically he will wait and see by 31Aug what CAT update is. If they decide they have jurisdiction over epl then he will see if court dates are posted. If he thinks case could be heard within months he might not sanction any signings apart from just Willock and hope he sells by January. 5 more weeks toon22 we should get a clearer picture

• Optimistic prime

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:06 PM

The reaction of some to a delay was very interesting yesterday.

Only a delay, not the collapse of the CAT case or Arbitration or the takeover itself, just a delay.

Seems the positivity crew have been running on hot air for some time and the bubble almost popped.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:07 PM

Anglosaxon
    :smileypoo: emoji

• Anglosaxon

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:10 PM

Jail, very childish, probably your grade.

• Optimistic prime

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:11 PM

Ashley will do no different than any other window.

Joelinton was a glitch in the Matrix.

Freebies and loans, I’d be surprised to see more than £10m spent on a player.

The club has arbitration and a CAT case to pay for, Ashley won’t be putting his hands in his pockets for that or players.

Slept through the last 14 years?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:11 PM

:bigfatsmileypoo: emoji

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:12 PM

Gawd knows what is going to happen regarding transfers, they can’t wait until Aug 31st for Willock.

• Optimistic prime

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:12 PM

Or did Ashley sell the Strawberry Pl land to fund the battles against the PL 😉

• stan anderson

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:16 PM

About time you all realise 22 is correct.
    I am done with all this takeover crap.

• geordie157

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:20 PM

Never seen anything to suggest Ajer is good enough for the Premier league.

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:20 PM

Think about it this way
    All these sales for all of these years

Who benifited from it all, it certainly wasnt the fans or the club

They have only ever existed as the turd needed it to help him delude the fans and sell season tickets
    If he was actually selling you wouldnt hear a thing about it

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:22 PM

He is trying to sell the club tho 🙄

Turn you’re gaze at the corrupt fckrs at the PL and the self imposed top 6.

If things were done with just we would have new owners.

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:24 PM

Yesterdays news was a real kick in the guts
    But you still get people trying to put a positive spin on it
    After all these years, courtcases, the colossal lies

If its going to happen it just will
    If you hear about it , as proven from coming up 2 decades, its utter lies intended for any other reason than a sale

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:25 PM

Yesterday’s news? You thought it was all a coup by Ashley! YCMIU

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:26 PM

Mund

Thats just about ” its never jabbas fault ” as can by typed without using those words
    Who cares whos to blame
    Hes had decades to sell us
    It just hasnt happened

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:27 PM

Mund

You can see how your appaer to be doing your level best to defend the guy cant you ?
    Or have you still got yer thumbs in yer gob ??

Give it a rest
    Weve heard all the BS just about anyone could imagine

Hes not sold us
    Hes not die to sell us

He simply hasnt sold us

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:29 PM

You’ve told everyone it’s a blag by Ashley but then you say that yesterday’s news was a real kick on the nuts 😆

Which is it? Truth or a lie? You can’t have both worlds

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:30 PM

What seems to be a cert
    Is were going to start next season with one of the clubs worts managers ever
    Bruceball its been called
    Were going to have the turd as an owner for what looks like the long term
    We arnt going to spend the money the club earns on the actual football club, again
    We are hoping to drag in a few cheap bargains, get some loan deals in

Its likely ASM will want away as he previously stated

This is the reality of the clubs situation
    You can make up as much positive BS as yer like but thats all it is
    Nice cheap words on a blog

• Mund

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM

Sure you said we would be relegated last year.

How did that turn out?

Cheap words on a blog

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM

Mund

You did read about the case being put back to 2022 ?
    You were all over it days before saying it was some kind of proof of something or other
    Its just no so

What we really need now is De Marco twetting some B/W picks of some bread or something

Tahts going to do the trick

• toon22

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:34 PM

Mund

You enjoyed last season ?
    Again you still havent denied your defending the turd again

Ill not bother dredging up all the rubbish youve posted recently
    Nee point is htere