web analytics



Newcastle One Of Four Premier League Clubs In Talks For Young International – Report



Mike Ashley’s hope of a quick resolution in his bid to sell Newcastle United was dealt a death blow on Monday as arbitration has been delayed until early 2022 due to issues with the disclosure of evidence.

In all likelihood, Mike Ashley and Newcastle United are stuck with each other for at least another season – another taxing and lost season.

Whether this latest disappointment will spark a rethink in Ashley’s plans for this upcoming campaign remains uncertain. Though he may feel inclined to back Steve Bruce a bit more with transfers as he can’t wipe his hands clean of the club until at least next year.

Bruce reportedly has just £10m in the coffers to improve this squad. He recently revealed work is being done on up to three targets, one of which is Arsenal’s Joe Willock. This morning the Gunners have had to cancel their trip to Orlando for the Florida Cup due to positive Covid tests.

After Newcastle’s friendly at York City on Sunday, Bruce expressed concern with his midfield stating ‘we are very, very short.’ So the middle of the park appears to be the focus right now in terms of additions.


Newcastle are in discussions over loans for Willock as well as Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher. On Monday, French journalist Loic Tanzi claimed we were tracking Midtjylland’s Jens Cajuste.

French club Rennes has had to cool their interest in the 21-year-old after two failed bids, the latest one a reported £10m. Tanzi reported that Brentford and Newcastle had entered the fray for the young Swedish international.

That claim has been backed up by Swedish outlet Expressen. They are reporting that Newcastle have held discussion with Cajuste’s representatives as well as his club over a move.

However, Newcastle are just one of four Premier League clubs to have held talks along with Leeds, Wolverhampton, and Crystal Palace. Brentford wasn’t mentioned in this latest report.

The defensive midfielder was not in Midtjylland’s squad for their Champions League qualifying match at Celtic yesterday. Though he did return late for pre-season training due to his involvement in the European Championships with Sweden which could be the reason.

Midtjylland want £11.8m (140m krona) for Cajuste according to the Swedish report. Though The Chronicle reports that his price tag is £13m. At the moment, even the lower amount exceeds Bruce’s budget but wouldn’t rule out a loan with an option to buy. Bruce could also receive a minor bump with Florian Lejeune’s pending sale.

However, with up to four other EPL clubs on his trail, Newcastle are going to have a very difficult time landing the midfielder without more backing from Mike Ashley.


126 comments so far

  • Adamn_92

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:52 AM

    Comment #1

    Lesh

    No worries, was a tad confused haha do you know if the league would have had any grounds to appeal the delay if it was in fact our side that pushed the delay? Just wondering because if the league really are worried about a public CAT case, they would want arbitration in private first wouldn’t they? So surely they wouldn’t agree to delaying it until after the CAT case or would appeal such a delay?

    0
  • lesh

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:53 AM

    Comment #2

    Nice article but yet another name to see going to a bigger club!

    The worry is that if Ashley’s been on hold pending takeover completion, plan A, then it’s clear there’s not even a plan B in place.

    Ashley’s not incompetent but surely he’d ensure that contingencies were in place to cover hitches.

    0
  • Optimistic prime

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:54 AM

    Comment #3

    With all the shouts for transparency etc from Ashley the club, Amanda etc etc, Isn’t it about time the PIF said something.

    Not another member of the Consortium the PIF or a representative.

    I’m not interested in Amanda says, or this or that person says, I want news direct from the Camels mouth please!

    9
  • cyprus

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:55 AM

    Comment #4

    “We’re very very short.”

    That Ajer guy would’ve single-handedly fixed that.

    Seriously, focus on a MF maestro SB.

    2
  • Anglosaxon

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:57 AM

    Comment #5

    Tom, well done her, stick out that chest mate and hope she has a bright future.

    7
  • lesh

    Jul 21, 2021 at 10:58 AM

    Comment #6

    Adamn_92

    Might it be that it’s been the Arbitration panel that’s decided that it needs to see more evidence and told both parties that the process is suspended until whenever.

    That though doesn’t make sense coz I’d have thought it would run with whatever’s presented to it and make a decision based on that.

    It’s odd.

    1
  • carltoon

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:00 AM

    Comment #7

    Congratulations to your granddaughter Tom.

    3
  • Bills Son Is Back

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:00 AM

    Comment #8

    I know it’s only Youtube but Cajuste has some very nice skills and passing ability for a DM.

    £10M-£12M could be a bargain.

    6
  • Adamn_92

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:06 AM

    Comment #9

    Lesh

    It’s one of those scenarios where you could come up with a million and 1 theories and you could find faults in every one. None of it makes much sense at the minute. The angle of a tactic by our side is a good theory but has it’s flaws and some parts don’t make sense. The angle of the league delaying it has flaws and parts make no sense. The angle of the arbitration delaying it just doesn’t make sense, as like you say surely they’d go with the evidence available and it’s hard to believe after all this time, one or both parties didn’t provide what was necessary.

    Fun and interesting to try and piece bits together but every way you look at it is a confusing mess.

    2
  • onmeedsun

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:07 AM

    Comment #10

    Sick of talking about the big T, sick of the paralysis at the club. I just want a football club to believe in and support. Fans focus needs to turn to what Ashley, Chumley and Bruce are doing on the squad front. I think it best to assume this T will never happen. If it does then a bonus. If the club thinks it can compete in this limbo state then they’re mistaken. I wouldn’t blame any of our better players making noises to leave. They get 1 year older every year. Next year will be 2 years since the big T was announced. They can’t wait. We of course have no choice.

    5
  • captainmarvel

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:08 AM

    Comment #11

    Carltoon @ 197 (last post). Exactly right, if PIF can buy into everything but stopped by an organisation in secret it makes the CAT case seenm very straight forward..

    4
  • lesh

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM

    Comment #12

    Having just read NadJ’s post @183, previous (The alternative viewpoint from Yousef Hatem)……, I’m back into SNAFU mode as far as NUFC’s concerned.

    Will we ever be free of Ashley and the curse he’s put on our club.

    2
  • captainmarvel

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #13

    Seem..

    1
  • simon376

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:18 AM

    Comment #14

    Great news Tom

    3
  • Romford mag

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:20 AM

    Comment #15

    Tom

    Well done to your granddaughter

    Good stuff mate 🙂

    4
  • Adamn_92

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:22 AM

    Comment #16

    Onmeedsun

    Sadly unless there is a takeover, I don’t think anything will change regarding our club. Ashley, Charnley and Bruce will plod along like everything is fine so long as we just about keep our heads above water. Us fans will have to just keep waiting and hoping. What really would stick it the league and Ashley, would be major protests and boycotts. Boycotts to hit Ashley where it hurts, not necessarily because we aren’t sold yet (as I believe it’s the leagues fault this time) but to show discontent at his current running of us in this limbo state. Protests such as peacefully invading the pitch and refusing to let play start, therefore disrupting and delaying the league in a ‘keep delaying us and we’ll delay you’ type of way. But I don’t think we’ll ever all come together as a fan base to read from the same hymn sheet. Fans want to return to watch football and you can’t blame them for that and some will think protests like invading the pitch isn’t fair on the players and want to see the team play. So we’re just in a limbo state.

    2
  • captainmarvel

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:24 AM

    Comment #17

    Excellent Tom, best wishes..

    3
  • captainmarvel

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:31 AM

    Comment #18

    I just wish people would lighten up until the CAT case gets under way..
    Believe it or not I am not a positive type of guy, there is so much wrong with the whole country at the minute not just with NUFC…
    But until this case happens (or not), I am staying extremely confident in the outcome..

    4
  • geordietom

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:44 AM

    Comment #19

    Thanks to everyone i’ll pass it on to her ( when she comes down off cloud 9 )

    2
  • geordietom

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:50 AM

    Comment #20

    video of Jens Cajuste

    https://youtu.be/kqnC89PdXxc

    1
  • Mund

    Jul 21, 2021 at 11:56 AM

    Comment #22

    HLTCO
    @HLTCO
    Police cars revolving lightFREE TO LISTENPolice cars revolving light

    HLTCO Football Podcast – 21.07.21

    What’s going on at Newcastle? Arbitration, a delayed takeover, ongoing fan discontent, a complete lack of transparency & a looming relegation battle.

    I really hope I’ve done this subject justice.

    https://patreon.com/posts/53937920

    3
  • Mund

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:00 PM

    Comment #23

    Miles Starforth
    @milesstarforth
    ·
    2m
    Martin Dubravka on his injury (via http://sport.sk): ‘I’d love to start the first match of the new season. However, this is highly unlikely.’ #nufc

    2
  • cyprus

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:06 PM

    Comment #24

    Relegation odds would have us finishing a dizzying… fifteenth. Yeah!

    If anyone’s interested, City are 5000/1 to be relegated. So there IS a chance!

    https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

    2
  • Wor B

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:16 PM

    Comment #25

    GT

    Thanks for sharing your good news. Nice to have something to smile about.

    4
  • Mund

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:20 PM

    Comment #26

    Sam Street
    @samstreetwrites
    ·
    8h
    Boca Juniors players attacking the Atletico Mineiro team and staff and having to be tear-gassed after their Copa Libertadores defeat on penalties.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1417672249105076224

    2
  • Jamesthefirst

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:23 PM

    Comment #27

    Newcastle received £120 million this season from TV money and for finishing 13th.

    Would you give Steve Bruce money? Would you trust his judgment?

    Ashley knows this squad with the addition of Willock stays in the PL. So Willock is the only one they are trying to get.

    5
  • carltoon

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:26 PM

    Comment #28

    Right, who’s up for doing a Boca Juniors, at the first match of the season, let’s be having ya.

    7
  • WWSBRD

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:28 PM

    Comment #29

    Looks canny on YouTube but never seen him play a match. Sounds like a decent option I suppose but not sure why he would be better than Hayden or the Longstaffs

    1
  • Jamesthefirst

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:29 PM

    Comment #30

    For me, all the focus seems to be on who is coming into the squad. And not enough focus and criticism against Bruce and NUFC for who they should be removing from the squad. None of these players should be in our squad for the coming season

    Gayle
    Muto
    Joelinton
    Krafth
    Hendrick
    Fraser

    Get rid of that trash and you can buy a proper striker to help Wilson.

    8
  • WWSBRD

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:30 PM

    Comment #31

    Ashley needs to sign off on some spend now there is zero chance of the phantom takeover going through this year. Wonder what his next excuse for not doing so will be… Legal bills I’d imagine, he’s doing it for us after all

    1
  • cleveleysbob

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:33 PM

    Comment #32

    Just back,

    Tom, congrats to your granddaughter- good news.

    Mund, I ploughed through that football law thing, and it appears that the Court of Appeal turned down both the PL and Man C’s claims to keep their dispute confidential as “it was in the public interest”.

    Our case against the arbitrators also got a mention, and again, it was upheld that such things be open to public scrutiny as it was important that everyone had faith in the arbitration process and claims of bias, basically undermined the legal process.

    Now I’m a complete legal know nowt, but does this ruling not mean that our cases can use it as legal precedent and insist on open publication of the dispute and of the processes (arbitration and CAT)??

    Anyone clever enough to make out what it is all about? Have to say it’s a long and tough read. Also, it’s been going on since 2019 and not budged. The Appeal Court was very critical of the timescale and lack of any progress, intimating that this made “public interest” openness even more important.

    3
  • Jamesthefirst

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:33 PM

    Comment #33

    On a positive note, and surprised no of the pundits have spoken about this.

    This season Wilson will get to score his goals in front of the fans. Imagine what they will be like for him, and for the fans. A proper number 9 banging them in. He has scored all of his goals in silent stadiums.

    That first goal he scores at St James’ Park this season is going to be very special, for player, and fanbase.

    8
  • Ketsbaia9

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM

    Comment #34

    We need at least 14 new players and we haven’t even signed one yet.

    Sell:

    Krafth
    Manquillo
    Dummett
    Clark
    Lascelles
    Hayden
    Hendrick
    Shelvey
    Sean Longstaff
    Gayle
    Joelinton

    Can’t believe we let Yedlin go. He was our best right back. Abeid, Thauvin, Merino, Doumbia, Ferreyra, Willems, Santon, Mbemba etc would walk into our team. We’ve made some awful decisions letting players go.

    0
  • cleveleysbob

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:36 PM

    Comment #35

    Here it is if anyone wants to read it.

    https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2021/1110.html

    0
  • cleveleysbob

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:38 PM

    Comment #36

    Looks like Kets is back to his best, wacky baccy induced lunacy. 😆

    6
  • bettyswallocks

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:41 PM

    Comment #37

    Lesh…….. Don’t believe anything you read in The Grauniad. Dreadful hard left publication.

    0
  • Wor B

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:42 PM

    Comment #38

    Oo’er carltoon#28

    I’ll be right behind you (in the bar ordering a powerfully hopped IPA).

    😆

    2
  • cleveleysbob

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:43 PM

    Comment #39

    Got to say, reading that ManC v PL stuff, unless there’s a settlement negotiation ongoing, I suspect the TO is a very long way off. Process appears torturous and the PL seem happy to keep kicking stuff into the long grass.

    There was a funny comment by one of the Appeal Court Judges that said, it should be noted that “the Club had won the Premier League twice, while this dispute was ongoing”.

    2
  • geordietom

    Jul 21, 2021 at 12:43 PM

    Comment #40

    THIS IS A POLITIC FREE ZONE … :D:

    2


You must log in to post a comment.