web analytics

Bruce Calls Up Three Youngsters To First-Team Training

Newcastle United have released some images of today’s training session ahead of our next friendly at Doncaster on Friday. Some positive news is that Joelinton was involved after being removed from Sunday’s match at York City on Sunday with a thigh problem.

The Brazilian will be assessed before Friday’s match and hopefully, can play a part. There were no sightings of Miguel Almiron, Emil Krafth, or Fabian Schar in the photos. So it doesn’t look like they’ve returned from their rest period after international duty.

To make up the numbers, Bruce has called up three youngsters to the first team. They are midfielder Jack Young, center-back Oisín McEntee, and forward Tom Allan. So it’ll be interesting to see if either of them makes the squad for Doncaster.

Tom Allan made his Newcastle debut in the FA Cup third-round replay against Rochdale in 2020. The local lad provided the assist on Joelinton’s goal. He’s coming off an unsuccessful loan spell with Accrington Stanley in League One making just four appearances.

He was ultimately recalled in January and he resumed his impressive goal-scoring form for the U23s. Allan is entering the final year of his contract and will turn 22 in September.

Jack Young is a 20-year-old midfielder who also ended up being recalled from a loan in January. Young joined Tranmere Rovers in League Two and played in three of their first four matches. However, the sacking of manager Mike Jackson saw his appearances dry up.

Oisín McEntee is a central defender who was born in New York. He’s in the Republic of Ireland international set-up and was recently called up for their U21s. He turned 20 at the start of the year and has been a consistent presence in Chris Hogg’s U23s

Dan Langley will likely get the nod once again in goal with four first-team goalkeepers unavailable. For the York City match, Bruce called up 16-year-old Max Thompson as the back-up. He also has Jake Turner and Will Brown in the ranks. Turner started the match at Harrogate Town on Sunday

• Mund

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:41 PM

Tuff

Every left footer I knew growing up who I played with were unreal players.

It was like every left footer had a thunder strike.

• geordietom

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:43 PM

Magic …

thanks mate we are really proud of her , we brought her up from the age of two so yep we are chuffed to bits …

• Romford mag

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:43 PM

I’d have been awesome then with my two left feet 😉

• geordietom

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:45 PM

more for the irish lads

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:46 PM

Novo, it was a bit i only seen then when the dropped all the catches, will reserve judgement till I watch the men’s.

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:46 PM

• bettyswallocks

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:47 PM

Reminds me years ago when I had the stables. We used to get sent YTS ( Youth Training Scheme) students to come and train with us. We got sent a kid called Frank who wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer , he soon livened up though after his initiation week and wasn’t so gullible thereafter

We actually sent him to buy a bucket of striped paint , and he went, we told him to clean the stallions teeth with a toothbrush etc etc. The funniest thing was when he was told to feed the chickens. He was given a bucket of corn and a teaspoon and we were sitting in the kitchen watching him chase them round the yard with the spoon of corn in his hand. Eee there were some tears shed that day especially when he came up to the house and said, ” They won’t ave it boss. “

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:47 PM

MUnd, I love all Sam Cooke records, another one gone too soon, murdered,

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:51 PM

Aces, if you press on the tweet then it’s got translate.

• Mund

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:52 PM

Aces

This is what it says.

The Saudi Sports Company announces the launch of new satellite channels in the name of SSC and contracts with MBC Group to provide broadcasting services to broadcast a number of sports competitions in the Kingdom

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:52 PM

Geordie Tom

Its obvious you and your wife are very close to her and are very proud of her, and no doubt she is very proud of you and wor lass.

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:55 PM

Thanks Carltoon and mund

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:56 PM

Magic
    Most likely all Cities/large conurbations had midweek teams back in the sixties

• Mund

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:58 PM

Betty 😆

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:58 PM

Shocking that Saudis never had their own sports channels previously and are only coming into it now

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:59 PM

Betty I worked in a garage office, and the apprentices, always got hell, and of course they would send me to find them, hung on a fence with a broom handle, but one i went to find, was tied by the hands and his pants pulled down, he was screaming don’t come in, honestly, you men. But they all had to go through it. They then could do it to the next lot of new starters

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:01 PM

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:02 PM

I wonder if they will bid for the next lot of EPL games,

• Mund

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:02 PM

😆

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:08 PM

No carltoon bein have it secured for next 4 years atleast maybe longer if they want it. Unless scc want separate package right now and be allowed to we shall see

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:08 PM

Charlie in the
    Gallowgate

Charlie yes i think its true most big towns and citys had local teams competing in summer leagues in the 60s and 70s there used to be a lot of Irish League managers who used to attend those matches looking for local talent for the Irish league.

• geordietom

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Magic …

sorry mate but i have to tell you WOR means our missus …

Wor: ‘Wor Lass’ means ‘our missus’, when a chap is referring to his wife. ‘Wor’ is the Anglo-Saxon word ‘oor’ meaning ‘Our’ the w has crept into speech naturally

Are Geordies Vikings?
    It must be true, the Geordies are modern day Vikings and their unique dialect reflects the rough, uncouth tongue of those not-the-least-bit-boring raiders and settlers of eastern England. … Tyneside sits at the centre of the historical rump of the kingdom of Northumbria that survived the Viking invasions

and some of our words/wor words come from the vikings

• carltoon

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:11 PM

Well that’s a shame,

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Bettyswallocks

Betty was it black and white striped paint:D 😀 And if it was cheap iam sure Ashley would be interested 😀

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:16 PM

Geordie Tom

My apologies young man about wor lass, iam sure you will forgive me as iam Irish after all 😀 😀 😀

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:32 PM

I had a Sunderland lass as a pupil about a year ago, and for me she sounded just like a geordie, but no doubt you guys in Newcastle can tell the difference in the accent, Lurgan is the next town to Portadown and is only 6 miles away but their accent is totally different to people from portadown, but people who are not from the North of Ireland probably think we sound the same i guess. That Sunderland lass was a fanatical fan and her and her dad were ticket season ticket holders before she met an Irish lad and came to live in Portadown, and she was a smashing young lady with a brilliant sense of humour, i used to put my Newcastle jersey on when taking her for lessons, but then she started to wear he sunderland shirt on the lessons 😀 😀 😀

• lesh

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:33 PM

Magicmac54

When referring to someone else’s wife, use ‘their lass’

• Wor B

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Just caught up.

Some unnecessary unpleasantness tonight. 🙁

Magic, you are a gentleman!

• NY Mag

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:38 PM

WB,

Unnecessary unpleasantness….that could be a double “u” award in itself.
    But, more to the point – are you saying your powerfully hopped IPA has gone off 🙂

• lesh

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:39 PM

Heard a tale about apprentice welders being suspended from steel girders in the welding shop – the steel heel and toecaps of their boots being tack welded to the girders.

Or even better, legend has it that red lead (paint) was often daubed on apprentice’s nether regions!
    Ouch

• lesh

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:41 PM

Bindippers have got something else to cry about now its been stripped of its world heritage site status.

They’re crying it’s on par with the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China and others.

Give me strength.

• lesh

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:45 PM

Bettysbollocks

So youngsters who were involved in YTS schemes were a target for fun?

How about those who were paid employees? Were they given the same attention?

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:49 PM

Lesh

Good evening lesh lad, how`s the big bad world going for you my friend? Lesh i honestly though the wife of a geordie man was referred to as Wor Lass? I take it the weather is also really hot in Newcastle at the moment, Saturday was the hottest day on record over here, and that record was broken again today, not so pleasant doing lessons in the car though Lesh 😀 😀

• cleveleysbob

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:54 PM

Lesh, thanks for research update earlier, good stuff.

I took the “withdraw the Director Decision and/or to reconsider the same.’ As meaning they had the power to push the takeover through.

As it was only the Owner/Director decision (or lack of one) that is holding it up, being told to withdraw or reconsider their position, is basically telling them to get on with it.

Am I being too simplistic? It’s possible, I’m a simple soul. 😉

• magicmac54

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:56 PM

Wor B

Steady on Wor B, your making me blush 😀 😀 Hows things at your end mate, have you been playing an golf recently or is it to hot mate, did i see you got new golf shoes recently, that should get your handicap down 😀 😀 😀

• cleveleysbob

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:56 PM

It’s quite sad that part of reason that Liverpool are losing WH site recognition, is the plan for Everton’s new Stadium. – funny really 😆

• cleveleysbob

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:59 PM

Tom, I noticed you were having a bit of trouble with laughing emojis.

One is 😀 colon capital D. You’ve been sticking an extra colon on the end.

Other one is 😆 colon lol colon, no spaces between them.

Hope that helps, cheers. 🙂

• Wor B

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:01 PM

NY

My personal stash of powerfully hopped IPA is in perfect condition.

However, seeing as I’m double jabbed, and the government has given me permission, I decided to support my local hostelry. Pretty much my first proper pub outing since, Hmm, can’t remember.

I decided against an array of local real ales and went with the consistency of Theakston’s best bitter!

A very acceptable gargle indeed.

😀

• cleveleysbob

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:11 PM

When I played league football, it was when the only formation was 2:3:5. 🙂

Alf Ramsey’s “wingless wonder system of 4:4:2, hadn’t reached the lower leagues as yet.

I only played Saturday and Sunday. Sunday was a works team league and I played CF or inside right. Mostly on Team Valley.
    Saturday was a proper league and I got stuck out on right wing, “where I couldn’t do too much damage”. As you can see I wasn’t as good as I thought I was and way too “one footed”. Only thing I did with my left was stand on it! – Can’t remember name of league, something like South Tyneside and Sunderland, seemed to play a lot of games down Hilton way in Mackemland. Didn’t last long, got badly crocked playing 5 a side on gravel all weather pitches in Gateshead, trips to Queen Elizabeth to change dressings were a treat, bloody nurse always “ripped off” the old one so the wounds opened up again. She said she wasn’t sympathetic because the wounds were “self inflicted” – what an attitude towards playing football?? 😆