web analytics

Ashley’s Early Reluctance Looks To Have Cost Newcastle A Chance At Midfielder

Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina has reportedly arrived in France tonight ahead of a move to Nice. Newcastle had recently reopened talks for the 27-year-old after Mike Ashley refused to sanction a cash deal last month.

RMC Sport journalist Loic Tanzi, who initially reported Newcastle’s interest in Midtjylland’s Jens Cajuste, has tweeted the following which roughly translates to:

Mario Lemina arrived in Nice this evening to commit for three years with OGC Nice in the coming days

Reports varied on how much Southampton wanted for Lemina, who in 2017 was their record signing from Juventus for £15.4m. Nice had been negotiating a deal for the Gabon international for some time.

On Wednesday evening, The Mail broke the news of Newcastle re-entering talks for the midfielder. Simon Jones wrote the following in his report:

Lemina has a good offer from Nice who have bid around £3.5m so Newcastle have had to move swiftly to try and convince him to remain in the Premier League.

It appears that Newcastle did not move swiftly enough to convince Lemina to come to Tyneside. Tutto Mercato journalist Marco Conterio is claiming that Nice will pay just €4m for the midfielder, which equates to around £3.5m.

This has been a very disappointing week for Newcastle fans. Any resolution to the stalled takeover has been delayed until next year. Joe Willock’s return doesn’t look to be imminent which was hinted at in reports last week. Young phenom Bobby Clark could be poached by Liverpool. Now we’ve lost out on a quality midfielder due to Ashley’s restrictive transfer policy.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:06 PM

What a massive surprise

Mund
    Do the club sell sponsored sand for the rest of us to use , or will any type be acceptable ?

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:06 PM

You think we can get the players to use it ?

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:08 PM

Going off today
    And i am guessing

There might be a bit of a disapointing turn out for tickets to next seasons relegation circus

Just going off todays BS

• Romford mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:08 PM

It’s just another week in the life of being an nufc supporter !

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM

Rom

Ive heard buckets of sand helps

😉

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:10 PM

You think maybe the turds got a side line on selling cabbages outside the ground next seaons
    Sort of cornering the market ?

Wouldnt put it past him

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:11 PM

There you are toon22 just for you

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:17 PM

Aces-of-Eights

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:20 PM

Depressing that we won’t offer lemina more than nice both from footballing sense and wages … Can this even be true , surely we weren’t hoping to get him for less than 3.5 million
    Not so bothered about letting Clarke go … We rarely progress youngsters and to be fair not many have actually made the grade later …still not great though

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:20 PM

Id guess soon we will see some kind of extention to the ST sales
    With some kind of covid BS reason

Hiya guys

• Romford mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:20 PM

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:22 PM

DrGloom

Aww come on
    Best season eva

Try and just ignore everything
    Propper head in the sand stuff

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:24 PM

Romford mag

HAHAHAHAHA

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:24 PM

Ashley’s going to have to do something , the apathy this season is probably the worst I’ve seen it in his tenure , I know a few who haven’t renewed season tickets.
    It’s so sad as these were/ are hardcore fans .. they’ve basically said that not being able to go last season, concerns of covid , the depressive football of Bruce , the failed takeover and the lack of anything positive happening has made them rethink

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:27 PM

Right now

The clubs nailed to that cross

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:27 PM

Mund

Aww come on youll love this

• magicmac54

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:28 PM

Ashley Charnley and Bishop 😀 😀 😀

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:30 PM

• magscar

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:32 PM

magscar

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:30 PM

toon22

“Jul 22, 2021 at 9:01 PM

magscar

If only SBR hadnt been so selfish to have cancer and be 71 years old” ……

I wonder if such a callous and misplaced attempt at humour might catch Jail’s eye?

I know that you twist many things on here but please don’t play with my words and try to imply that i would have contemplated such a base thought

I like many on here have far more first hand knowledge of NUFC than you could hope to have – my age I know but i have earned my scars at this club and can articulate my views very well without your immature attempts to paraphrase them

I try to stay away from your repetitious nonsense about PR and the ad nauseum mantra of Ashley’s faults so do me a favour and unless you have anything adult to converse with me about stay in your little sanctum with your puerile thoughts on loop as you save us fans from Ashley

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:33 PM

Hiya guys

Divint worry
    Today was pure gold
    Cheers

Youll be back and post something eventually

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:34 PM

Magscar

From your own keyboard
    Not mine
    I simply expanded on what you no only said but defended afterwars

Give it a rest

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:36 PM

Ive not met a person anywhere
    Not just football fans who have ever had a bad word to say on the guy
    You on the other have have done and are still defending

Might you apologise ?

Hasnt happened yet

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:36 PM

By the way
    It wasnt humor in any way

Its basically what you posted
    Go back n read it

• Mund

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:39 PM

Florian Lejeune
    @lejeune_florian
    15m
    Level 1:
    I wanted to thank
    @NUFC
    for the all the time spent at the club. I met wonderful people who always have been there for me. I’m facing a new challenge and I couldn’t be more thankful to all the fans, teammates and club’s staff.
    I wish you all the best for the upcoming season.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:44 PM

Mund

Do you think a single penny we got for him will ever rech the actual football club ?
    Or is narna a better analogy ?

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:46 PM

Maybe the turds got a massive wardrobe where all the club cash vanishes at night
    While nee bodys looking

Its plausable

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:47 PM

And ohh
    Ignoring the concequences of your opinions isnt going to wash
    Im not going anywhere

Neither are you are you

Cha Ching ….

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:49 PM

Mund – shame about lejeune when we still have Clarke etc – not a world beater but still better than our current crop

Not sure why people slag other fans off for an opinion – at the end of the day we’re all fed up of Ashley , some have a positive view on takeover or any glimmer of hope , others don’t , some people jump on any Twitter rumour , some post random ( kets :). )
    All part of the blog but the worst thing on here is the personal vendettas … I mean who has the for it and to what purpose 😕

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:52 PM

DrGloom

The sand works much better if you keep yer head in it 24/7

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:53 PM

Toon22 – mate, I’m P.R … Bishops my dad and Ashley’s my mum

• magicmac54

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:53 PM

Toon22

With the greatest respect to you 22 whats your obsession with your attacks on Mund, in case you didn`t know he is just another Newcastle fan, he is not the enemy, in fact he despises Ashley just as much as any other fan on this blog, iam not having a go at you Toon22, please continue your attacks on Ashley by all means and that will get my full support, but in life its very important to know who the real enemy is, and no one knows that better than you lad, Lets flush out the turd. HWTL.

• Anglosaxon

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:54 PM

THE Wife do people have to put up with this crass stupidity from t22.
    Time for the brush.

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:54 PM

Charnley however is my bastard brother from another lover possibly related to uncle fester

• Mund

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:54 PM

Gloom

I really liked Lejeune mate and sad to see him go. Real shame.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:57 PM

magicmac54

Im basing this round on his own words today
    Not mine
    He typed this stuff

He could explain but i can guarentee he cant explain it

Go on MUnd try it

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM

He will ignore it
    Gloss over it
    And try and pretend it didnt happen

Just like any other toon fan wit ha strong opinion

• magscar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:00 PM

Toon22

I didn’t have a bad word to say about SBR so stop trying to justify that cr@p and poison you tried to twist from my words – you go back and read it

I was a season ticket holder then and like several others i went with we were of the opinion that the season before had not gone well and given his age and the developing problems with several hot headed young players he faced it would have been better if he had moved upstairs

For the record at that time (in my early 50’s) that I was living through and forming first hand impressions what were you doing in terms of NUFC support that can allow such dexterity in determining what should be the correct thinking about that event ?

It is you that should apologise but I’m not daft enough to expect one after your years of craziness on here

If you can’t debate sensibly just stick to your repetition and dodge questions and leave the actual adult conversations to those who can act like adults in putting their opinions

I have said it before you maybe an NUFC fan but you act no different to a WUM and you have no intention of discussing matters on here in a sensible way

Stop trying to twist my words and views and we are done

1 2 3 7